What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We've cut the cable (10 Viewers)

http://imgur.com/a/XtLJy

All that I customized and via tinkering this config maxes out my speed on my Archer A7 router, @Nathan R. Jessep. Let me know if that helps, I hope it does as it worked for me but as I've learned nothing in the wireless world tends to end up uniform. 
got in late last night, so didn't have a chance to look at it, but will definitely check it out this evening...thanks!

tonydead said:
Hulu and youtube are going to get into the live streaming tv service.  Link

ETA:  And Amazon
Even though ill cancel end of nba playoffs I've been pleased with Vue. Steal @$30 for what u get imo (along with the tiers)

Interesting to see what amazon does. I'd be more interested in youtube option if hulu wasn't involved. I see they now have commercial free option now but man were their commercials annoying when I subscribed in the past. Ill never consider them again in the future based on that experience.

If dtv can price their online service within reason, I'd look at them during football season. Their pricing just got too much for me a few years ago and was sick of having to call for discounts. Imagine their pricing has prob went up another 15_20 dollars/mo based on their usual annual increase.

Got the titanium build up and running on my raspberry pi 2.  Wow is it intense when you're coming from the basic kodi interface with just exodus and maybe 2-3 other add-ons!  Will definitely tinker with it some more to see what all the options and such do.  Will also second what someone said above about Exodus falling off a bit lately with their HD feeds.  They just aren't there like they used to be. 

Got the titanium build up and running on my raspberry pi 2.  Wow is it intense when you're coming from the basic kodi interface with just exodus and maybe 2-3 other add-ons!  Will definitely tinker with it some more to see what all the options and such do.  Will also second what someone said above about Exodus falling off a bit lately with their HD feeds.  They just aren't there like they used to be. 
Yeah, Exodus is awesome but it truly is only as good as its sources, as at the end of the day it is just a pretty interface/EPG that is external source dependent. If the scrapers that Exodus uses aren't up to date (e.g., the end of Genesis when the developer stopped updating the code regularly for the app) or the source servers themselves are overly zealous in killing off DMCA violation material hosted on their site that can fudge things up. It's why I'm a huge proponent of (in parallel with Exodus) running an HTPC on your network and using a VPN on the PC/Mac that is the HTPC and downloading via BitTorrent whatever you want to watch and streaming it locally over your LAN to your Kodi box(es). 

I actually don't think I can do a VPN.  My wife works from home, and I think her employer has a rule against using VPNs.  You won't want to see the S storm that would ensue if I screw something up on our home network and my wife couldn't log into her work and she has to drive in (75 minutes each way) until I fix what I did.

I couldn't get Titanium to extra either now on firestick.  Were you using Kodi 16.1?  I did a removal and then fresh install of Kodi before I started.  Have no idea why they both are failing to extract now.  Morpheus doesn't even start extracting and Titanium only get to 10-20% before it stops.

It's why I'm a huge proponent of (in parallel with Exodus) running an HTPC on your network and using a VPN on the PC/Mac that is the HTPC and downloading via BitTorrent whatever you want to watch and streaming it locally over your LAN to your Kodi box(es). 
I am a heavy torrenter currently and watch torrented material almost every day via plex to my various tvs.

But I don't use a HTPC at all in my set up.  What benefits would that give me?  Right now I just torrent via a normal desktop and store all files on a huge external HD.

I couldn't get Titanium to extra either now on firestick.  Were you using Kodi 16.1?  I did a removal and then fresh install of Kodi before I started.  Have no idea why they both are failing to extract now.  Morpheus doesn't even start extracting and Titanium only get to 10-20% before it stops.
When I installed Titanium yesterday on Windows, it also did not complete the extraction process.  But the video knew about this issue and gave a work around.   He mentioned in the vid that he tested numerous other platforms and they extracted correctly, but he never mentioned Amazon fire.

I am a heavy torrenter currently and watch torrented material almost every day via plex to my various tvs.

But I don't use a HTPC at all in my set up.  What benefits would that give me?  Right now I just torrent via a normal desktop and store all files on a huge external HD.
I'm not a Plex fan. I know,, the horror! I am not a huge fan of how it indexes my content. I use PS3 Media Server and it's just clean and simple to "beam" to my Kodi boxes.

I'm not a Plex fan. I know,, the horror! I am not a huge fan of how it indexes my content. I use PS3 Media Server and it's just clean and simple to "beam" to my Kodi boxes.
Can you explain more about the indexing issue?

I love the Plex interface for my family.  Very clean, alphabetized, easily categorized by folders and tons of meta data to make it very easy for the family to use.

This is the YT I followed to set it up.  I completely cleared out Kodi and then redownloaded 16.1 and then the build.  Worked fine.

Morpheus build

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually don't think I can do a VPN.  My wife works from home, and I think her employer has a rule against using VPNs.  You won't want to see the S storm that would ensue if I screw something up on our home network and my wife couldn't log into her work and she has to drive in (75 minutes each way) until I fix what I did.
Can't you just turn off the VPN during your wife's working hours and then on again in the evening when you want utilize? This of course assumes your going thru an app and that you aren't talking about setting up at the router.

Can you explain more about the indexing issue?

I love the Plex interface for my family.  Very clean, alphabetized, easily categorized by folders and tons of meta data to make it very easy for the family to use.
Plex seems to take forever to scan everything and just does not look clean at all once completed from a covers and listing perspective within the app. My PS3 media server app doesn't need to index anything and just works on the fly. Whatever setup works for everyone, really. This is where I deviate from the norm from a preference perspective.

Plex seems to take forever to scan everything and just does not look clean at all once completed from a covers and listing perspective within the app. My PS3 media server app doesn't need to index anything and just works on the fly. Whatever setup works for everyone, really. This is where I deviate from the norm from a preference perspective.
Just curious, how long has it been since you used Plex?  I remember reading these issue years ago but they are gone now.

But no big deal, if the PS3 Media Server works for your setup that is great!  I have used PS3 MS as well and it worked solidly.

Just curious, how long has it been since you used Plex?  I remember reading these issue years ago but they are gone now.

But no big deal, if the PS3 Media Server works for your setup that is great!  I have used PS3 MS as well and it worked solidly.
Probably about 1-2 years ago or so last time I gave Plex a spin. Yeah, I'm in "if it ain't broke don't fix it" territory at this point with my setup. If someone asks I present Plex as the generally accepted best practice, and show my setup for comparison sake. It's a to each his or her own flavor, they're both solid options IMO.

This is the YT I followed to set it up.  I completely cleared out Kodi and then redownloaded 16.1 and then the build.  Worked fine.

Morpheus build
I just deleted the Kodi app from the firestick settings then did a fresh install.  I figured that would wipe clean everything, but, maybe it didn't.  He also tells you to unplug the firestick each time and I never did that before, just used force stop from the settings.  Maybe there is something still conflicting.  I'll try these few things and see if I can get it resolved.  Thanks.

I just deleted the Kodi app from the firestick settings then did a fresh install.  I figured that would wipe clean everything, but, maybe it didn't.  He also tells you to unplug the firestick each time and I never did that before, just used force stop from the settings.  Maybe there is something still conflicting.  I'll try these few things and see if I can get it resolved.  Thanks.
Yea I know for the Titanium build and for this one, one of the things they stressed in the videos was that you had to unplug the power to the Firestick and plug it back in or it wouldn't work right.  Not sure if that is what's causing your conflict, but perhaps?

Good luck though.  Once you get it going, you are going to like it I think.  It really does make Kodi more like a Plex or Emby-based (I use that for my HTPC) Media Player.

Yea I know for the Titanium build and for this one, one of the things they stressed in the videos was that you had to unplug the power to the Firestick and plug it back in or it wouldn't work right.  Not sure if that is what's causing your conflict, but perhaps?

Good luck though.  Once you get it going, you are going to like it I think.  It really does make Kodi more like a Plex or Emby-based (I use that for my HTPC) Media Player.
That's what I had to do with my raspberry pi 2 last night.  Booted back up into Titanium just fine after.

I had no idea about this, so thank you!.  Verified that I get HBOGo free with our Xfinity Internet-only package as well.  Fired up and ready to start binge watching GoT with the wife.  I tried to login to the HBOGo app on our Samsung Smart TV and apparently Xfinity doesn't support streaming to the Samsung Smart TV.   :rant:

Trying to figure out if we have any other streaming options besides watching it on the computer or a tablet...

Went to the store to try to get the internet + HBO and lady didn't know what I was talking about. Mentioned that I saw it online (and it is on the comcast deals site) and she said it must be an online only deal. So I got $59.99 for the blast Pro! speeds for a year. Checked my agreement online today and it is a year agreement for $39.99. I'll take it.

PS4 in the living room and a Fire TV box in the bedroom. PS4 is hardwired and I have a Wi-Fi extender in the bedroom right next to the Fire box. My internet is nothing special either. 
good to hear.  I have nothing hard wired in my house so I have been worried that wireless might be an issue with this type of streaming.

Went to the store to try to get the internet + HBO and lady didn't know what I was talking about. Mentioned that I saw it online (and it is on the comcast deals site) and she said it must be an online only deal. So I got $59.99 for the blast Pro! speeds for a year. Checked my agreement online today and it is a year agreement for $39.99. I'll take it.
Still haven't figured out how to stream HBO on our Samsung Smart TV or via Xbox One or with Chromecast yet.  I guess I need to bite the bullet and call Comcast, which I'm dreading...

Still haven't figured out how to stream HBO on our Samsung Smart TV or via Xbox One or with Chromecast yet.  I guess I need to bite the bullet and call Comcast, which I'm dreading...
Of those three the Xbox should work by downloading the HBONow app and logging in with your xfinity account. HBONow only supports these Samsung tvs: http://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app/G16040006493-compatible

chromcast isn't listed as a devise they support yet. 

BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

Morpheus build
BINGO!  That was it, the combination of Fresh Start and unplugging resolved whatever conflicts I was having. 

Morpheus is glorious:

1- Movie synopsis; when browsing for a movie to watch I don't want to just look at the cover but also flip the box over and read a paragraph about what the movie is about.  Just like we used to pick'em out at blockbuster.  Plus has the video and sound info right there.  Picture in picture when your switching between shows  

2- Did you see a prompt to update the build at the top of the screen?  That would be awesome if whoever make this keeps it updated with all the latest apps. 

3- live tv options wasn't bad either. Was watching cnn live after about 20 seconds of looking around. Although it wasn't in HD.  

Should I dump the Titanium build and go with Morpheus now?  Or is this like chasing a greased pig in that it changes very quickly which build is the best?

Should I dump the Titanium build and go with Morpheus now?  Or is this like chasing a greased pig in that it changes very quickly which build is the best?
I'm just going to use my firestick to switch out and try new ones as the come out. It really doesn't take that long to swap.   I'll keep my favorite installed on my HTPC.  So far, imo, Morpheus>Titanium>>>>>>>>>>>mbman.

tonydead said:
PC on a stick.   :lmao:   Laughing at Husham, not your post.  

Amazon has some with Windows 8.1 for $90.  I'd get that so I could have WMC, except it doesn't have a tv tuner card, obviously.  
:lmao: Me too. I've seen his videos before, he's good but leaves himself wide open. "Wearing the t-shirt of the band to their concert" in this video with the gigantic headphones is A+ shtick.

I'm just going to use my firestick to switch out and try new ones as the come out. It really doesn't take that long to swap.   I'll keep my favorite installed on my HTPC.  So far, imo, Morpheus>Titanium>>>>>>>>>>>mbman.
That's how I see them rated too.  The summary addition on Morpheus is a super nice feature.  Glad to see things in these Kodi builds moving closer to creating more of a Media Center look and feel instead of the generic basic look.

Has anyone done this on their HTPC?  I've been switching back and forth between Kodi and WMC.  Since WMC isn't included any longer with Windows 10 I'll need to find an alternative sooner or later.  Plus it would be nice to have it all in one place.

Has anyone done this on their HTPC?  I've been switching back and forth between Kodi and WMC.  Since WMC isn't included any longer with Windows 10 I'll need to find an alternative sooner or later.  Plus it would be nice to have it all in one place.
Looking into that myself.  And I assume you mean recording content on your HTPC (via WMC) and playing it back elsewhere on a kodi device?  I've done it, but only after manually moving my recordings to a NAS, and then linking kodi to that NAS. 

Looking into that myself.  And I assume you mean recording content on your HTPC (via WMC) and playing it back elsewhere on a kodi device?  I've done it, but only after manually moving my recordings to a NAS, and then linking kodi to that NAS. 
No.  I want to watch OTA through Kodi.  PVR is secondary to me because I don't hardly record anything anyway.  I'd like an addon that goes to my OTA channels and has a TV guide like WMC does.  I think its possible, but, from what I understand it's not a simple as getting an addon.  Not sure how well it works and how successful it is finding a tv guide for your area.  But WMC does a nice job of it so you'd think it's possible inside Kodi.  Was hoping someone might be able to point me to some guides or videos.

No.  I want to watch OTA through Kodi.  PVR is secondary to me because I don't hardly record anything anyway.  I'd like an addon that goes to my OTA channels and has a TV guide like WMC does.  I think its possible, but, from what I understand it's not a simple as getting an addon.  Not sure how well it works and how successful it is finding a tv guide for your area.  But WMC does a nice job of it so you'd think it's possible inside Kodi.  Was hoping someone might be able to point me to some guides or videos.
Oh, I've done that.  It's a bit different for me because I have a raspberry pi 2 as my kodi device.  I used this add on (HD homerun add-on).  It didn't work out great because the raspberry pi 2 doesn't do mpeg2 out of the box (you have to buy a codec or something for it, which I had no real need to because it's the RP2 is literally sitting on top of my cable box).  I'm looking into it more so that I can stop paying for set top box rental charges when my current Comcast deal ends this fall.

ETA - and from what I remember, there isn't a "TV guide", just a list of channels with icons and maybe something stating what's on now. 

Oh, I've done that.  It's a bit different for me because I have a raspberry pi 2 as my kodi device.  I used this add on (HD homerun add-on).  It didn't work out great because the raspberry pi 2 doesn't do mpeg2 out of the box (you have to buy a codec or something for it, which I had no real need to because it's the RP2 is literally sitting on top of my cable box).  I'm looking into it more so that I can stop paying for set top box rental charges when my current Comcast deal ends this fall.

ETA - and from what I remember, there isn't a "TV guide", just a list of channels with icons and maybe something stating what's on now. 
Don't you need a homerun box to do that?  Where is you antenna connected?

Don't you need a homerun box to do that?  Where is you antenna connected?
Yes, you do.  I don't have an antenna, I still have comcast cable (yeah, this really isn't the proper thread for me).  You can get a hd homerun that connects to an antenna, though - and you wouldn't need the HTPC at all.

Is there a technical reason why plugins like Exodus and 1 Channel have so much broad TV content but that so much of it is in SD instead of HD?

Is there a technical reason why plugins like Exodus and 1 Channel have so much broad TV content but that so much of it is in SD instead of HD?
My guess would be bandwidth.  HD takes like 4x or more the amount of bandwidth per stream.  If all of it was in HD, there would be some horrible lag for everyone. 

Yes, you do.  I don't have an antenna, I still have comcast cable (yeah, this really isn't the proper thread for me).  You can get a hd homerun that connects to an antenna, though - and you wouldn't need the HTPC at all.  You could get a HTPC and you wouldn't need hd homerun, the raspberry or your cable box.  
Yeah, I'm trying to get the OTA signals inside kodi.  And FYP.   ;)

Well sure you could get a full HTPC, but that's much more expensive than the $40 RP2 and a $90 network tuner.  Plus when you start adding TV locations, you don't need additional tuners.  You can do a 3 TV house for $210 (plus the antenna).
I don't need any additional tuners, every TV comes with one already.  I'm just trying to figure out how to get OTA inside Kodi on my HTPC.  I agree homerun is a solution, I just don't want to pay $90 for that solution.  I'd prefer it to be a full tv guide too like WMC, even better if serverWMC works so that it looks like WMC.  

Users who are viewing this thread