What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We've cut the cable (3 Viewers)

Right, but the Titanium updates do a lot of that for you from what I can tell.  For example the 5-19-2016 Titanium update included an update to the latest version of Sportsdevil.  I'm hoping a good build would include updates to the latest and greatest addons otherwise it's just a bunch of fancy skins.
I was under the impression that build updates would add/remove content (i.e. add ons) and change the layout but that upgrades to add ons were not a function of a build update. Aren't upgrades to builds handled either manually or by setting an option within Kodi to automatically upgrade add ons (irrespective of the build)?

http://kodi.wiki/view/add-on_manager#Update_options  (section 6.1) - This link indicates to me that Kodi is responsible for add on upgrades and not the particular build.

I was under the impression that build updates would add/remove content (i.e. add ons) and change the layout but that upgrades to add ons were not a function of a build update. Aren't upgrades to builds handled either manually or by setting an option within Kodi to automatically upgrade add ons (irrespective of the build)?

http://kodi.wiki/view/add-on_manager#Update_options  (section 6.1) - This link indicates to me that Kodi is responsible for add on upgrades and not the particular build.
:shrug: Some addons can be set to update automatically, but some don't.  As far as I know Sportsdevil never auto updated because it doesn't (or didn't, maybe it does now) have an official repo and was always a pain to go find the latest when the links stopped working.  I appreciate Titanium updating it for me.  As for the bold I used to like Morpheus because they would send you a notice when a new update was available and provided a button to push.  As of 5-19-2016 Titanium added a button in the maintenance section to update and I think they provide updates weekly.  The latest update with changes it makes scrolls in the news-feed at the bottom of the home page.

Anybody ever heard of/use smoothstreams? I used it through my friend this past weekend for the Showtime fights. Very stable. It's a subscription service - mainly for sports i think.

Anybody ever heard of/use smoothstreams? I used it through my friend this past weekend for the Showtime fights. Very stable. It's a subscription service - mainly for sports i think.
That's what I use.   Its awesome but unfortunately closed to new members.   They have a nice kodi app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, that Husham guy on Youtube is the man for Kodi knowledge.

Building a gaming rig that will also serve as a HTPC, so I'll give this a shot when it's ready to go. I can always bounce over to Titanium if I don't like it.
He definitely is.  Hope he sticks around a long time.  He knows his ####.

Does anyone have a StalkerTV clone they can recommend? I was using this one that BroncoFreak_2K3 suggested and it was great for a while but no longer works.

StalkerTV 16 (no longer works)

I thought maybe it was just that it just wasn't updating so uninstalled and reinstalled but still no go. These Stalker clones seem to have a short shelf life so if anyone has one that has been working for a decent length of time I'd like to give it a whirl. TIA.

Saw live ABC on vue last night but it kept pulling up an error. Looks like ABC is next for locals - Houston area.

Tried Ember, but that died a quick death because of the lack of mouse support (sorry, I just want to use a mouse).

Then, on my new gaming rig, I try to install Titanium and it's giving me errors now. And I hate Morpheus, so that's out.

Any suggestions on a killer Kodi build?

I only tested it a bit, but ember worked on my PC with a mouse. The mouse icon was replaced with a "mouse not supported" picture, but it functioned

Wanted to post a follow-up to this.  I ended up calling Comcast and was told that I actually need the TV package for this to work. The good news is that the 75Mb internet package WITH the cheapest basic cable package plus HBO is actually $5 cheaper per month that just the 75Mb internet only plan we were on prior.  I told the guy on the phone that I wasn't planning on even using the cable box and he said that was fine.  I dropped by the Xfinity store today and finally and picked up my box but never opened it or anything.  Tonight I attempted once again to activate HBO Go on my XBox One - AND IT WORKED!  Can't wait to finally start streaming Game of Thrones plus other HBO content.
One more follow-up.  I ended up trying to activate HBO Go on my 2013-ish Samsung Smart TV last week and I was able to activate it as well. And my particular TV definitely wasn't on the supported devices list on Xfinity's web site either, which contains mostly all newish 2015-16 TVs . So the root issue was definitely needing the TV package.

Anyone have a Kodi add-on that will let me watch the US/Bolivia game tomorrow night?  It's on FS1 on normal cable.
Try the live tv sections in the following addons: Phoenix, Titan, Cosmix, Evolve and Brettus.  I've seen the FS channels in most of these, but, don't know if they are working.  

When I go to Daily Updates Wizard, the Titanium logo is blank and it gives me an error when I try to download it.
Ugh.  I got errors just doing a normal weekly Titanium update last night too.  Doesn't sound good, hopefully they get it worked out.  I think I might still have the zip file of the 5/19/16 build that worked.  I could get that to you and you could just unzip it in the root of the Kodi folder.

Anybody just try Husham's build?  Not as fancy I imagine, but, at least it would be reliable.  

Ugh.  I got errors just doing a normal weekly Titanium update last night too.  Doesn't sound good, hopefully they get it worked out.  I think I might still have the zip file of the 5/19/16 build that worked.  I could get that to you and you could just unzip it in the root of the Kodi folder.

Anybody just try Husham's build?  Not as fancy I imagine, but, at least it would be reliable.  
PM sent.

I'll give his build a look.

Is it just me or is Exodus being a big pile of AIDS this weekend? Can't watch a single ####### thing without buffering, stuttering, and that lovely thing it does when it's not buffering or playing, but instead playing really stuttery with no audio like it can't decide if it should stop to ####### buffer.

I have a top-shelf gaming PC this is running off of, too. This bull#### shouldn't be happening.

Just watched a few episodes of dice and spotlight earlier without problem.  I have a real debrid account though so we might be hitting different sources.  

What are people using to watch sports? I would like to watch the Fight night tonight on Fox Sports 1. It is the MMA fights. I have Kodi.

Fixed some cache settings last night and things seemed to work better. I also could have gotten lucky and found a link that was worth a damn.

Brady Marino said:
Is it just me or is Exodus being a big pile of AIDS this weekend? Can't watch a single ####### thing without buffering, stuttering, and that lovely thing it does when it's not buffering or playing, but instead playing really stuttery with no audio like it can't decide if it should stop to ####### buffer.

I have a top-shelf gaming PC this is running off of, too. This bull#### shouldn't be happening.
My guess is that it's not you, it's them. Servers hosting content have to be getting DDT'ed this weekend from MDW volume. It's the downside of being free and unlimited is what I'm thinking.

I record a lot of sports.  Is it true that Vue does not have the ability to extend its recording time for sports?  That seems like such a basic functionality that is required for most sports.

Brady Marino said:
Fixed some cache settings last night and things seemed to work better. I also could have gotten lucky and found a link that was worth a damn.
Deleting cache often and packages regularly helps with a lot of the buffering on the Fire Sticks.  Not much memory to them, so keep 'em clean.  Adds a few seconds to go through menu screens, but plays streams better afterwards.  I'll watch two or three (one hour) episodes and then do some cleanup.

Deleting cache often and packages regularly helps with a lot of the buffering on the Fire Sticks.  Not much memory to them, so keep 'em clean.  Adds a few seconds to go through menu screens, but plays streams better afterwards.  I'll watch two or three (one hour) episodes and then do some cleanup.
Not on Fire Stick. On a top line gaming PC.

I want to optimize my router setup.  I currently have a cable modem from Charter - an Arris.  It has no wifi - I have a Linksys E2500 router connected that I'm using for wifi.

Is this a crap router that I should replace, or is it worth figuring out how to optimize it?

Users who are viewing this thread