What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We've cut the cable (7 Viewers)

All the best addons that Husham has reviewed latey are included with the latest Titanium update. 

Evolve, Exodus, Cosmix, Phoenix, Specto, Stallion, SALTS, Titan.  

IPTV is there, but, not working. 

I might have to reload Titanium - it has never successfully updated.  It fails and says to check the details in "the log" - I can't find that to troubleshoot.

Anyone else having trouble with Kodi. It is working fine on computer but not the tv. I keep getting a no streams available message. For the last week I would back out when I saw that message and then go back in and everything was fine. That is not working now.

Any ideas? :loco:

Not at all, I slept awesomely last night. 
You realize that those are not mutually exclusive statements, right?  I am not telling anyone not to do anything and people seem to get in a defensive twist when others say they choose not to take paid content for free. 

Anyone else having trouble with Kodi. It is working fine on computer but not the tv. I keep getting a no streams available message. For the last week I would back out when I saw that message and then go back in and everything was fine. That is not working now.

Haven't checked Kodi out on my TV in a while.  I'll check it out today and see if I'm having the same problem.

Guess what I tend to do in these situations is blow up Kodi and restart with a fresh version and then reload Titanium.  Kind of a pain, but usually works.  Also, have you cleared cache and purged packages in a while? 

You realize that those are not mutually exclusive statements, right?  I am not telling anyone not to do anything and people seem to get in a defensive twist when others say they choose not to take paid content for free. 
I'm just pointing out the facts when you make statements that are not true. Why you think that is defensive or bothersome is kind of weird. 

BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
Haven't checked Kodi out on my TV in a while.  I'll check it out today and see if I'm having the same problem.

Guess what I tend to do in these situations is blow up Kodi and restart with a fresh version and then reload Titanium.  Kind of a pain, but usually works.  Also, have you cleared cache and purged packages in a while? 
I have cleared the cache. Not sure what you mean by purged packages?

104 pages is a lot to look through for this answer, so I will just pose it here. If I were to install Kodi, I would need another app to search for programming? Like Titanium? Which apps are recommended and/or required with Kodi. I would like access to some movies and live sports. I have ESPN3, NFL Network, and CBSSports but that isn't always going to do it.

104 pages is a lot to look through for this answer, so I will just pose it here. If I were to install Kodi, I would need another app to search for programming? Like Titanium? Which apps are recommended and/or required with Kodi. I would like access to some movies and live sports. I have ESPN3, NFL Network, and CBSSports but that isn't always going to do it.
Different addons provide you different content, yes.  If you install a build like Titanium it will have all those different addons already installed for you.

Install Kodi and then follow this video to install Titanium.  The best addon for tv and movies is Exodus.  You'll have to search around for sports, but, Sportsdevil, Pheonix, and others that will come installed with Titanium will be hit and miss.  Your mileage may vary with live sports, recorded tv and movies is where Kodi excels.  

Tick said:
I might have to reload Titanium - it has never successfully updated.  It fails and says to check the details in "the log" - I can't find that to troubleshoot.

prosopis said:

Watched two movies and 3-4 tv shows this weekend and every single one worked just fine with the first stream link.  I fresh started and installed Titanium (6/7/16) on Friday.  Both PC and firestick.

Just made the official cord clip call, and it felt quite cathartic!

Going Blast! internet only for $82.95/mo + tax. = $87.93 @ 6% sales tax. Love how 25 MB is $69.99+ and 75MB is $79.99+. Thanks for the options, Comcrap!

Going with my IPTV service @ $12/mo going forward for live TV, VPN on my HTPC + Kodi for on-demand going forward. If that doesn't work out for live TV, PlayStation Vue is the backup, but a pricey backup @ $45/mo. Still better than giving my money to Comcast for a service that doesn't line up to the value of at least Vue.

Ok that is my cue to purchase a Roku.

besides the 4k support, what other important differences are there between roku 3 and roku 4?

So last night titanium told me it has an update, hit yes to continue.  Error message followed.  Rebooted, same thing.  Fresh install required?

so I purchased a Firestick this afternoon. I have a tutorial saved on my phone for installing Kodi and another for installing Titanium. Anything else I need, or can I just start watching after that?

So last night titanium told me it has an update, hit yes to continue.  Error message followed.  Rebooted, same thing.  Fresh install required?
If you haven't done fresh install 6.7.16 or after, wouldnt be bad idea. Might just be a glitch with Titanium. (Not sure it's been fixed yet). Had the same issue few weeks ago before finding out about it.

Go into "Daily Update Wizard"......

You'll then see Titanium, Morpheus & the 3rd one (think it's Noobs and something) coins/icons.............FIRST click the UP arrow to back out of it......then go back into it (where you'll now see the Titanium 'coin' icon (the first time you'll likely see the 'ribbon/filmstrip' icon in relation to Titanium. If you don't first back out(click the UP arrow) when you first see the 3 options (Titanium/Morpheus/Noobs), it won't allow update.

Last edited by a moderator:
What Craig said.  If you haven't Fresh Started & Reinstalled Titanium since 6/7/16 you need to.

so I purchased a Firestick this afternoon. I have a tutorial saved on my phone for installing Kodi and another for installing Titanium. Anything else I need, or can I just start watching after that?
Yep, it's a lot easier than it used to be with the builds. Here is the easy was to install Kodi (only the first half of the video, when he goes to install BMan switch to your Titanium tutorial) install the ES File Explorer app first.  Sit up close to the screen and you can see where ES File Explorer is highlighting instead of trying to follow his left, up up, etc.  

Probably already covered here but quick question. Currently in Comcast but now that Vue is in Roku I'm out of here. Is there a way for me to negotiate down to just internet at a good rate? Because the non new customer internet only stuff I see online is dumb. 

Ask if you're in a contact and if so, if there's an ETF for your contract.

Probably already covered here but quick question. Currently in Comcast but now that Vue is in Roku I'm out of here. Is there a way for me to negotiate down to just internet at a good rate? Because the non new customer internet only stuff I see onlini
I also learned today only dropping TV if in a contract doesn't trigger the ETF, only a complete cancelation :bag: . My case at least that was the deal, :finger: Comcast.

Retentions would not budge, and I pushed on internet prices. Don't fall for the new customer internet plus deal at $59.99 + tax and fees for 12 months. Fees are a RSN fee, local broadcast fee, box fee, and slower internet for the price of Blast and the right to include you as a TV sub when reporting to the Street.

Probably already covered here but quick question. Currently in Comcast but now that Vue is in Roku I'm out of here. Is there a way for me to negotiate down to just internet at a good rate? Because the non new customer internet only stuff I see online is dumb. 
Unlike last year Comcast isn't budging on their set prices even at the xfinity store or retentions. They are pushing contract deals like mquinn said and/or trying to get their streaming boxes into people's home instead of their cable boxes.  I suggest getting no contract internet only for the speed/price that best fits you or switch to someone else if you can.  They are my only option so I'm stuck.  I pay $59 for 50Mbps, an old plan that I'm refusing to switch to 75Mbps for more money  I have to check, but, I suspect I'm getting 75Mbps anyway because the 50 has been phased out.  #### them and their monopoly and I'll drop their internet as fast as I did their cable as soon as something else is available.  I wish google fiber would gain some traction in my area.

Yeah I was fearful of that. Especially since in my area of PA I literally have no other quality options. 

Dear tonydead,

We raised prices for new members in 2014 and kept your pricing the same for two years  Your special pricing is ending and will be $9.99 starting in July.  Sincerely Netflix  

Bye bye Netflix.  I was thinking of dropping you anyway.

The only service I have is Amazon Prime which I'd have for shipping anyway.   

And I'm not missing anything.

Yeah I was fearful of that. Especially since in my area of PA I literally have no other quality options. 
Ditto, only provider available. Which makes want to explore the capabilities of the Kodi OS to the fullest extent possible.

Ask if you're in a contact and if so, if there's an ETF for your contract.

I also learned today only dropping TV if in a contract doesn't trigger the ETF, only a complete cancelation :bag: . My case at least that was the deal, :finger: Comcast.

Retentions would not budge, and I pushed on internet prices. Don't fall for the new customer internet plus deal at $59.99 + tax and fees for 12 months. Fees are a RSN fee, local broadcast fee, box fee, and slower internet for the price of Blast and the right to include you as a TV sub when reporting to the Street.
Maybe it's changed since then, but I triggered an ETF when dropping the $60 cable part of my $160 bill (keeping the $100 internet part). They did "give me the opportunity" to avoid the ETF by subbing in phone service for cable service.

Yeah, I don't foresee any cheap internet-only deals for anybody living anywhere without Google Fiber or other good alternative (ie, damn near the whole country). And really, I wouldn't be shocked to see solid internet-only plans all starting in the $125-150+ range in the coming years. 

Maybe it's changed since then, but I triggered an ETF when dropping the $60 cable part of my $160 bill (keeping the $100 internet part). They did "give me the opportunity" to avoid the ETF by subbing in phone service for cable service.

Yeah, I don't foresee any cheap internet-only deals for anybody living anywhere without Google Fiber or other good alternative (ie, damn near the whole country). And really, I wouldn't be shocked to see solid internet-only plans all starting in the $125-150+ range in the coming years. 
Yep. There's literally nothing I could do about it but get really, really upset if they doubled prices tomorrow. Only game in town in my apartment building. 

Southern Fibernet beating some of the bigger cable/dish companies to the punch and offering a no strings streaming service; SFN TV Now.

ETA: ESPN rumored to be looking hard at streaming service to try and stop the hemorrhage of cable cutters. 

NFL Network:

Dish currently without NFL Network as they try to force them to include NFL Network on Slingtv.  Have to see how this one turns out.

Vidgo, a service long rumored to be deployed this year, is rumored to have a deal in place with NFL Network.

tonydead said:
Directv, who announced a no strings streaming service a year ago, is rumored to be reconsidering how they will offer the service due to new competition.   :lmao:
Probably needed more time to think up some additional bull#### fees.

Or realized no one will pay for their planned bull#### fees with the competition................. :lmao:  

Are you paying too much for too much internet?  Below are Xfinity rates with no deals no contracts:

10Mbps - $50

25Mbps - $60

75Mbps - $75

150Mbps - $90

I'm on an old plan that I'm not letting go of just yet at 50Mbps - $70.  I know but 75Mbps is JUST $5 more!  The thing is though, I don't need 75Mbps and I don't think the majority of Americans do either.  Netflix, for example, has published that you would need 5Mbps for one of their streams.  Slingtv has published the exact same number with a comment that 25Mbps connection would be needed for "households that maintain streaming on multiple devices".  How many streams do you do simultaneously? Keep in mind checking email and logging onto facebook requires very little bandwidth; a facebook video chat for example only requires 0.5Mbps.  A couple of conclusions I've drawn:

1- Xfinity's recommendation speed for number of devices greatly over estimates the speeds published by the content providers.

2- A very low percentage of the households in America need more than 25Mbps.

The next time I'm talking to a Xfinity customer representative it's not going to be about getting another 25Mbps for $5, it's going to be about dropping my plan down to 25Mbps.  

I have the 25Mbps plan and it has worked well for me for years until my kiddos started using their devices for more online things.   In fact, I just bumped to the 75Mbps plan last weekend.  I don't believe that Sling worked well for us on the 25 plan and with multiple devices going.  Cripes, if my kids were playing games on their devices that didn't take much bandwidth, I'd get loads of buffering.  

Apologize in advance but I don't have the patience to read through 100+ pages. I am cutting in the next week or two, and just need a good recommendation for a good HD antenna and dvr setup so I can record and watch later. Any good, straightforward resources for information for non-tech guys would be appreciated.

tia

I just got a nVidia Shield TV and it's pretty awesome.  Super-fast (no lag/choppiness with the interface), great remote, and can play/stream games from a PC.  Runs Kodi and other Android apps.  Hardware is capable of decoding H.265 streams making it very future-friendly.  802.11ac wireless is nice as well.  Don't see ac in many streaming devices these days.

While not cheap, if you're looking for a full-featured Android device with a great CPU, give this one a thought.  I actually used it to replace one of my HTPCs and no regrets. 

tonydead said:
Here is Hulu's channel lineup for their streaming service that is imminent.  
What other "streaming services" include locals?  I think the playstation one may, depending on where you live.  Any others that you can think of? 

Also, do you know if any would work inside of kodi (titanium)?

I just got a nVidia Shield TV and it's pretty awesome.  Super-fast (no lag/choppiness with the interface), great remote, and can play/stream games from a PC.  Runs Kodi and other Android apps.  Hardware is capable of decoding H.265 streams making it very future-friendly.  802.11ac wireless is nice as well.  Don't see ac in many streaming devices these days.

While not cheap, if you're looking for a full-featured Android device with a great CPU, give this one a thought.  I actually used it to replace one of my HTPCs and no regrets. 
Was actually looking at that very thing on the web yesterday, contemplating buying one.  It is a bit pricey but can do a whole lot for the $. 

tonydead said:
Here is Hulu's channel lineup for their streaming service that is imminent.  
Wow, locals, ESPN/FOX Sports, MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, and Comcast RSN channels and my only limitation is one box on at a time for $34.99? This is way better than PS Vue. I'm a subscriber as soon as this is available

:wub:

Wow, locals, ESPN/FOX Sports, MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, and Comcast RSN channels and my only limitation is one box on at a time for $34.99? This is way better than PS Vue. I'm a subscriber as soon as this is available

:wub:
Seems with all the add-on packages (HBO $14.99, RedZone $9.99 etc) that it will end up costing as much as cable when all is said and done.  Kind of defeats the purpose of cutting the cable, no?

I have the 25Mbps plan and it has worked well for me for years until my kiddos started using their devices for more online things.   In fact, I just bumped to the 75Mbps plan last weekend.  I don't believe that Sling worked well for us on the 25 plan and with multiple devices going.  Cripes, if my kids were playing games on their devices that didn't take much bandwidth, I'd get loads of buffering.  
How many kids?

How many streams at once?

Did you run a speed test to see if you were actually getting 25 before you upgraded?

Seems with all the add-on packages (HBO $14.99, RedZone $9.99 etc) that it will end up costing as much as cable when all is said and done.  Kind of defeats the purpose of cutting the cable, no?
Price point probably.  Contracts, rate hikes, equipment fees, HD fees, taxes, bundles, crappy customer service, customer service games, etc, no.

Price point probably.  Contracts, rate hikes, equipment fees, HD fees, taxes, bundles, crappy customer service, customer service games, etc, no.
Yep, no intro fee and price hike, negotiating, etc. Price is the price. You're really saving on equipment in a house with multiple boxes in this scenario, you can own a Fire Stick or Fire TV and break even in a few months vs. what, $15 or so/mo per box for HD-DVR? No brainer IMO. That's not even including RSN fees, franchise fees, local broadcast fees.

NFL Red Zone as an add on for $9.99.  If ESPN does start offering streaming on their own, and assuming it's in the same ball park, I can see the NFL doing it too.  ESPN + NFL Network + Red Zone for $25-$30 might make it a break even with Sunday Ticket.  Game Pass.

Users who are viewing this thread