What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 unofficial free agent quarterback list (1 Viewer)

Gopher State

Footballguy
Here is an unofficial list of quarterbacks who at some point should be hitting the market in some way, shape or form.

Unrestricted: Kyle Boller (Oakland), Todd Bouman (Jacksonville), Marc Bulger (Baltimore), Kerry Collins (Tennessee), Kellen Clemens (Jets), Todd Collins (Chicago), Brodie Croyle (Kansas City), Charlie Frye (Oakland), Rex Grossman (Washington), Matt Hasselbeck (Seattle), Tavaris Jackson (Minnesota), Matt Leinart (Houston), J.P. Losman (Seattle), Luke McCown (Jacksonville), J.T. O’Sullivan (Oakland), Chad Pennington (Miami), Patrick Ramsey (Minnesota), Chris Simms (Tennessee), Alex Smith (San Francisco), Jim Sorgi (Giants), Brian St. Pierre (Carolina). Billy Volek (San Diego).

Restricted: Brian Brohm (Buffalo), Dennis Dixon (Pittsburgh), Caleb Hanie (Chicago)

Four-year players (restricted under old CBA but could be unrestricted in new agreement): Trent Edwards (Jacksonville), Bruce Gradkowski (Oakland), Matt Moore (Carolina), Troy Smith (San Francisco), Drew Stanton (Detroit), Tyler Thigpen (Miami)

Available for the right price in a trade: Vince Young (Tennessee), Kevin Kolb (Philadelphia)

About that Favre dude: Yes, Brett Favre is a free agent but he has said he will retire.

No Matt Flynn? I think he definitely belongs in the "could be had in a trade for the right price" section of your list.

McNabb should be on this list somwhere. I guess right now he's available for trade, but will be a FA soon.

No Matt Flynn? I think he definitely belongs in the "could be had in a trade for the right price" section of your list.
I've read that with the league's plans to go to an 18 game schedule on the table, the Packers feel having a good backup in place is crucial. I don't think Flynn is going anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trent Edwards was released by the Bills during the early part of last season and then signed with Jacksonville. So I think that automatically makes him an UFA since it was just a one year deal with Jacksonville. Not that it really matters since he's awful.

Ted Thompson and Mike NcCarthy have both made it clear that they will not be trading Matt Flynn - and you have to beleive them since an injury to Rodgers would be much more devastating otherwise.

I've heard that about Flynn too. But I'm sure that if the right offer came (2nd?) the packers wouldn't turn it down.

Kerry not listed above.

Word is Rusty is out in TEN so they would literally have no QBs.

Users who are viewing this thread