Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Killing - New AMC series starts tonight

Surprised that there's no thread about this (unless search isn't working right for me), given AMC's track record thus far.Premieres tonight at 9:00 et with the first 2 episodes back-to-back.http://www.amctv.com/originals/the-killing/about/

From writer, executive producer and series showrunner Veena Sud (Cold Case), The Killing is based on the wildly successful Danish television series Forbrydelsen and tells the story of the murder of a young girl in Seattle and the subsequent police investigation. Season one will consist of thirteen one-hour episodes and will debut with a 2 hour premiere on Sun., Apr. 3 at 9PM | 8C.The Killing ties together three distinct stories around a single murder including the detectives assigned to the case, the victim's grieving family, and the suspects. Set in Seattle, the story also explores local politics as it follows politicians connected to the case. As the series unfolds, it becomes clear that there are no accidents; everyone has a secret, and while the characters think they've moved on, their past isn't done with them.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

taping it

same here. looking forward to this.

wikipedia:

The series has received universal acclaim from critics, scoring 84 out of 100 on Metacritic based on 21 reviews.[6] Tim Goodman of The Hollywood Reporter gave the series a very positive review, calling it "excellent, absorbing and addictive. When each episode ends, you long for the next — a hallmark of great dramas."

It was competing with wrestlemania at my house last night, so I didn't tune in at all. I figure I'd catch it on repeat if enough of the FFA liked it. This show should be right up my alley, although I'm a little hesitant as we just had our first child this year and the idea of enjoying something having to do with the death of a kid makes me squimish.

Pretty good start so far. One little gripe is that the guy that plays Holder sounds like the Direct TV "I am epic win" Russian dude. Why does a street-wise, undercover American cop have a Swedish accent?

I'm not buying that the killer would leave so much evidence at this cage place and that it would rermain undiscovered and unreported until now

a little early for that criticism. we don't know what went on there, who, when, etc.

I'm not buying that the killer would leave so much evidence at this cage place and that it would rermain undiscovered and unreported until now

a little early for that criticism. we don't know what went on there, who, when, etc.Yeah and so far they have thrown us or at least tried to throw us some curve balls.

We watch Rosie running for her life/Linden jogging and there's a body. Surprise! It's a dead seal.Linden finds a body hanging up, wrapped in plastic. Surprise! It's a blow-up doll.Mrs Larsen calls her husband to come home right away. Surprise! The dishwasher is broken!

Pretty enjoyable, laid some good groundwork for the season. Kinda found the multiple shots of the main detective lady staring off into the distance a bit weird. Not buying that she's some super cop yet, but maybe they'll develop that more.

AMC is on fire. Whoever is in charge of programming/greenlighting shows deserves more money.

Pretty good start so far. One little gripe is that the guy that plays Holder sounds like the Direct TV "I am epic win" Russian dude. Why does a street-wise, undercover American cop have a Swedish accent?

Cause he's Swedishhttp://www.imdb.com/name/nm1172478/#Actor
No ####, Matlock.

No ####, Matlock.
I thought it was Sherlock :shrug:

No ####, Matlock.
I thought it was Sherlock :shrug:
No, his name is Holder.

Not impressed. I think it had good intentions, but there were just too many hackneyed sequences throughout—the dad happening upon the crime scene just as they discover the body being the most glaring offense. How many times did the camera slow pan and linger on the main investigator as she affected the same exact facial expression? I lost count, and the outlines of a debilitating drinking game are right there for the taking. And her new partner: Confrontational! Controversial! I had the feeling neither was cut out to graduate from any reputable police training facility. And how about that police captain? "Some guy said he knows where the missing girl is. CALL OFF THE INVESTIGATION."

Law enforcement officer with degenerating personal relationship: check.

Rich, entitled kid with imperious, powerful daddy who swoops in at the moment of truth: check.

Comically unscrupulous political advisor: check.

Bleh. I'll give it some leeway, and maybe even another chance, since this was the pilot episode. But despite the glowing reviews I've been hearing everywhere, I thought this was a stinker.

Got me hooked so far. Great scene where they had to hold the Dad back. That was tough to watch. A couple interesting characters in Jasper and the new cop.

Yep.That scene reminded me of Mystic River.I'm in.I think this has potential, at least until breaking bad starts back up.

Not impressed. I think it had good intentions, but there were just too many hackneyed sequences throughout—the dad happening upon the crime scene just as they discover the body being the most glaring offense. How many times did the camera slow pan and linger on the main investigator as she affected the same exact facial expression? I lost count, and the outlines of a debilitating drinking game are right there for the taking. And her new partner: Confrontational! Controversial! I had the feeling neither was cut out to graduate from any reputable police training facility. And how about that police captain? "Some guy said he knows where the missing girl is. CALL OFF THE INVESTIGATION."Law enforcement officer with degenerating personal relationship: check.Rich, entitled kid with imperious, powerful daddy who swoops in at the moment of truth: check.Comically unscrupulous political advisor: check.Bleh. I'll give it some leeway, and maybe even another chance, since this was the pilot episode. But despite the glowing reviews I've been hearing everywhere, I thought this was a stinker.

It's a hell of a lot better than The Chicago Code and I'm still watching that for some reason.

Not impressed. I think it had good intentions, but there were just too many hackneyed sequences throughout—the dad happening upon the crime scene just as they discover the body being the most glaring offense. How many times did the camera slow pan and linger on the main investigator as she affected the same exact facial expression? I lost count, and the outlines of a debilitating drinking game are right there for the taking. And her new partner: Confrontational! Controversial! I had the feeling neither was cut out to graduate from any reputable police training facility. And how about that police captain? "Some guy said he knows where the missing girl is. CALL OFF THE INVESTIGATION."Law enforcement officer with degenerating personal relationship: check.Rich, entitled kid with imperious, powerful daddy who swoops in at the moment of truth: check.Comically unscrupulous political advisor: check.Bleh. I'll give it some leeway, and maybe even another chance, since this was the pilot episode. But despite the glowing reviews I've been hearing everywhere, I thought this was a stinker.

It's a hell of a lot better than The Chicago Code and I'm still watching that for some reason.
Ditto.

I was really impressed with it. It was a little slow at times, but that's usually the case with pilots. I'm definitely going to continue watching though.

No ####, Matlock.
Then don't ask stupid questions. Guy is Swedish so why wouldn't he have one and why do you assume his character was born and raised in America?

Still have a hateful grudge at AMC over dropping Rubicon, but I'm in. Early suspect for me is the teacher.

Teacher was my first thought as well.

I don't know if he has a direct connection to the campaign, but I just felt like he would be one that would have access to the car that is not directly tied to the campaign.

Spoiler just in case someone hasn't watched the episodes yet.

I liked it.....so did I watch teh previews correctly in that it will take the entire season to find the killer?

No, that's in week 9. The next four episodes they sit around drinking coffee.
:lmao: Guess I walked into that one. I should have said "Am I correct that each season will revolve around 1 killing and not jump from case to case"

Too many scenes where nothing is going on. The hour long detective dramas on TV have ruined it for series like this.

I liked the mom phone call, I liked the detective getting information from the schoolgirls. Way too many broad characatures for me, but I'll watch the next one.

First episode was more gripping than the second. Halfway through episode two I started checking my email while it was on in the background.

The Killing: Suspect tracker

--Could be a suspect--

Sterling- Rosie's friend, a little sketchy.

Jasper Ames- punk ### kid, most likely a smokescreen to distract from the real killer.

Gwen Eaton (advisor) - might have a motive and opportunity

Jamie Wright- (campaign mgr) -see Gwen. Willing to do anything to get ahead.

Darren Richmond- seems to have a moral compass, not completely sold that he's the killer.

-- Book 'em Dano--

Bennet Ahmed (teacher) Had access to the cage and victim.

The Killing: Suspect tracker

--Could be a suspect--

Sterling- Rosie's friend, a little sketchy.

Jasper Ames- punk ### kid, most likely a smokescreen to distract from the real killer.

Gwen Eaton (advisor) - might have a motive and opportunity

Jamie Wright- (campaign mgr) -see Gwen. Willing to do anything to get ahead.

Darren Richmond- seems to have a moral compass, not completely sold that he's the killer.

-- Book 'em Dano--

Bennet Ahmed (teacher) Had access to the cage and victim.

The mother is not listed?

She was one of the 1st I thought of...I do suck at these things though.

Archived