What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Munchak Reconfirms Vince Young Out (1 Viewer)

BigJim®

Footballguy
I know it seems like old news but Chris Johnson had been quoted recently saying that Vince could return and there may have been thoughts he could return. I don;t know how this helps Tennessee efforts to get any trade value at all for a $10M contracted player, but Munchak has again confirmed nothing will change the decision to move Young from Tennessee. Please go for him over McNabb Minnesota.

ProFootballTalk Mike Munchak: Vince Young is gone, nothing will change thatPosted by Michael David Smith on April 21, 2011, 7:07 PM EDT When the Tennessee Titans announced shortly after the season that Vince Young would not be back, it was widely viewed as Jeff Fisher winning a power struggle with his quarterback. So with Fisher no longer the Titans’ coach, some have wondered whether Young could return.But Mike Munchak, Fisher’s successor as the Titans’ head coach, has reiterated that Young is gone, and that’s not going to change.“That was a decision made months ago and nothing that is going to happen personnel-wise, or how the draft goes, is going to change that,” Munchak said, per Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean. “It wasn’t just a Jeff Fisher decision — I think people kind of have that feeling because it happened back then we could change our decision.”Titans running back Chris Johnson said last week that he thinks Young could be back, and Titans linebacker Stephen Tulloch wrote on Twitter that he doesn’t understand how the Titans could let Young go.Munchak, however, doesn’t sound like he particularly cares if the decision to jettison Young is popular in the locker room.“It was a company decision, so obviously we aren’t going to change that decision,” Munchak said. “We are standing by that decision. What’s been done is best for everybody.”

I know it seems like old news but Chris Johnson had been quoted recently saying that Vince could return and there may have been thoughts he could return. I don;t know how this helps Tennessee efforts to get any trade value at all for a $10M contracted player, but Munchak has again confirmed nothing will change the decision to move Young from Tennessee. Please go for him over McNabb Minnesota.

ProFootballTalk Mike Munchak: Vince Young is gone, nothing will change thatPosted by Michael David Smith on April 21, 2011, 7:07 PM EDT When the Tennessee Titans announced shortly after the season that Vince Young would not be back, it was widely viewed as Jeff Fisher winning a power struggle with his quarterback. So with Fisher no longer the Titans’ coach, some have wondered whether Young could return.But Mike Munchak, Fisher’s successor as the Titans’ head coach, has reiterated that Young is gone, and that’s not going to change.“That was a decision made months ago and nothing that is going to happen personnel-wise, or how the draft goes, is going to change that,” Munchak said, per Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean. “It wasn’t just a Jeff Fisher decision — I think people kind of have that feeling because it happened back then we could change our decision.”Titans running back Chris Johnson said last week that he thinks Young could be back, and Titans linebacker Stephen Tulloch wrote on Twitter that he doesn’t understand how the Titans could let Young go.Munchak, however, doesn’t sound like he particularly cares if the decision to jettison Young is popular in the locker room.“It was a company decision, so obviously we aren’t going to change that decision,” Munchak said. “We are standing by that decision. What’s been done is best for everybody.”
The Titan fans and half the locker room turned on Young last year. Young became too big of a distraction for all involved. With a new regime it is time to clean house.The Titans and Young both need a change.

The Titan fans and half the locker room turned on Young last year. Young became too big of a distraction for all involved. With a new regime it is time to clean house.The Titans and Young both need a change.
Sure would like more of a backstory on that. I find it interesting that Chris Johnson, one of the only voices who should matter, wants him back. Also Titans linebacker Stephen Tulloch Tweeted "Im lost & Confused maybe I missed something but how do u replace or let @VinceYoung10 walk after being 30-18 as a starter & a 2x pro bowler?" Confused over a locker room cancer being shown out? What sort of issues would have a team move on when they were 1-12 the past 2 years when this 30-18 cancer did not start? Maye be the wrong half of the divided locker room won out here.

Sure would like more of a backstory on that. I find it interesting that Chris Johnson, one of the only voices who should matter, wants him back. Also Titans linebacker Stephen Tulloch Tweeted "Im lost & Confused maybe I missed something but how do u replace or let @VinceYoung10 walk after being 30-18 as a starter & a 2x pro bowler?" Confused over a locker room cancer being shown out? What sort of issues would have a team move on when they were 1-12 the past 2 years when this 30-18 cancer did not start? Maye be the wrong half of the divided locker room won out here.
CJ also said in that same interview that he thought the Titans should draft Newton. I would take his comment with a grain of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread