Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

I was seriously marking out last night for the Grave Consequences match between Mil Muertes and Fenix on Lucha Underground. That match was all over the place. Fenix had his mask torn and I thought he was a loser. The match went all over the building, Catrina got hit by Muertes, blood and flowers everywhere.

The build-up was great because they didn't tease an ending by continually opening and closing the casket. It was opened once at the end by Catrina (Stryker: "Who's she opening it for?") and when the loser was dropped into it, she slammed it shut and the match was over.

Wrestling twitter (that I saw) pretty much blew up over the match.

Next week, Alberto Petron defends the AAA title against Texano Jr and Prince Puma puts the LU title up against Cage. These guys definitely know how to pack 60 minutes with wrestling.

Muertes/Fenix was easily the best thing that Lucha Underground has put out since it started, and they've put out a lot of good (and some not so good) stuff. The match told the story of how Muertes is this possessed monster and Fenix is this poor, yet talented guy who got had the misfortunte of getting mixed up with the stupidly hot Catrina. Awesome match that told an awesome story and even had a satisfying finish. Loved it.

:goodposting:

I would submit that even the "not so good stuff" is still better than what the WWE is pumping out these days. Whatever, they're bringing Lucha Libre to a wider audience in America, and that's a good thing.

• Replies 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJackson10

• Tom Servo

• Craig_MiamiFL

• Bogart

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to get on the road...     to Wrestlemania! I don't have exceptional seats, but I'll take a lot of pictures to share.

My 9 year said he would have liked Nakamura's intro if he didn't have that stupid violin player    but then I hit him with a Kinshasa and he piped down

scored free suite tix to Raw tonight

I was seriously marking out last night for the Grave Consequences match between Mil Muertes and Fenix on Lucha Underground. That match was all over the place. Fenix had his mask torn and I thought he was a loser. The match went all over the building, Catrina got hit by Muertes, blood and flowers everywhere.

The build-up was great because they didn't tease an ending by continually opening and closing the casket. It was opened once at the end by Catrina (Stryker: "Who's she opening it for?") and when the loser was dropped into it, she slammed it shut and the match was over.

Wrestling twitter (that I saw) pretty much blew up over the match.

Next week, Alberto Petron defends the AAA title against Texano Jr and Prince Puma puts the LU title up against Cage. These guys definitely know how to pack 60 minutes with wrestling.

Muertes/Fenix was easily the best thing that Lucha Underground has put out since it started, and they've put out a lot of good (and some not so good) stuff. The match told the story of how Muertes is this possessed monster and Fenix is this poor, yet talented guy who got had the misfortunte of getting mixed up with the stupidly hot Catrina. Awesome match that told an awesome story and even had a satisfying finish. Loved it.

:goodposting:

I would submit that even the "not so good stuff" is still better than what the WWE is pumping out these days. Whatever, they're bringing Lucha Libre to a wider audience in America, and that's a good thing.

Oh, I agree that some of their sillier/bad stuff is better than a lot of WWE's good for sure. Lucha has been fabulous and I too like that they're exposing America to their art.

Was channel surfing and caught the last part of that casket match. Was pretty good.

I've struggled to stay interested with Lucha personally. Was watching start to finish the first month or two but really go to YouTube anymore if I read anything interesting happened (Del Rio debut, etc..). Love the backstage segments but the lighting/camera work for the in ring stuff just doesn't do it for me. I give them credit for trying new things.

Was channel surfing and caught the last part of that casket match. Was pretty good.

I've struggled to stay interested with Lucha personally. Was watching start to finish the first month or two but really go to YouTube anymore if I read anything interesting happened (Del Rio debut, etc..). Love the backstage segments but the lighting/camera work for the in ring stuff just doesn't do it for me. I give them credit for trying new things.

It's appointment TV for me. :shrug: I'm overlooking the camera work since what they're selling is better than Vinnie Mac is shoveling.

what they're selling is better than Vinnie Mac is shoveling.

I agree.

I just watch Raw highlights on Youtube anymore if that. Usually just read results. I dont know how one can spend 3 straight hours watching that crap. NXT is the only show I regularly watch start to finish anymore. A lot of that probably has to do with it being only an hour. I don't think I've got the interest or attention span to watch more than that with wrestling anymore.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

what they're selling is better than Vinnie Mac is shoveling.

I agree.

I just watch Raw highlights on Youtube anymore if that. Usually just read results. I dont know how one can spend 3 straight hours watching that crap. NXT is the only show I regularly watch start to finish anymore. A lot of that probably has to do with it being only an hour. I don't think I've got the interest or attention span to watch more than that with wrestling anymore.

Sometimes I want to take a long walk off a short pier after sitting through 3 hour Raws. Yet, I still do it.

Undertaker not only should be on top 10 lists, but he should be on the Mount Rushmore of wrestling.

Think about it: He is given what would be an abomination of a gimmick to anyone else, literally becomes it, survives the New Generation era to be one of the pillars of the Attitude AND post-Attitude Eras and is generally considered a leader among the locker room the entire time. For a quarter century, he was the backbone of the WWE.

I'd even give him consideration for GOAT.

Eh, you could say the same thing about Kane.

Um, no. Kane never had a top run nor was he ever really considered a top guy like Taker. Plus, while Taker was Taker, Kane was an evil dentist and fake Diesel. So no, you can't say the same about Kane. Not even close.
kane is consistently at the top of the card. Is he taker? Of course not, but he's not as far off as you believe.

If taker jobs to Batista or Orton at WM (I can't remember which one was supposed to beat him, want to say Orton) people wouldn't see him in nearly the same light they do now.

Again, I like taker, but to say GOAT? Thats silly.

Undertaker not only should be on top 10 lists, but he should be on the Mount Rushmore of wrestling.

Think about it: He is given what would be an abomination of a gimmick to anyone else, literally becomes it, survives the New Generation era to be one of the pillars of the Attitude AND post-Attitude Eras and is generally considered a leader among the locker room the entire time. For a quarter century, he was the backbone of the WWE.

In a large group of others, I don't think he's far off from 'Mount Rushmore of wrestling'. I couldnt put him above Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena. IMO there's a steep drop after these 4. .

It all depends on your qualifications. I'm looking primarily at making money/drawing power. No offense to Taker, I don't think he holds a candle to the above 4. How many Taker t-shirts you seen around (even in his prime)? I could see him in the next large group perhaps.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

No way would I put Undertaker on the Mt Rushmore of pro wrestling.

He might not be top 10 all-time, but Terry Funk deserves some serious props. His reckless style was so fun to watch, and his heel run in 1989 was one of the best ever. Fans everywhere literally HATED him with a passion.

In a large group of others, I don't think he's far off from 'Mount Rushmore of wrestling'. I couldnt put him above Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena. IMO there's a steep drop after these 4. .

It all depends on your qualifications. I'm looking primarily at making money/drawing power. No offense to Taker, I don't think he holds a candle to the above 4. How many Taker t-shirts you seen around (even in his prime)? I could see him in the next large group perhaps.

Am i crazy for thinking the Rock might be the most overrated wrestler of all time? He was pretty much never the face of the company, yet he seems to be on everyone's mount rushmore but mine. He was second fiddle to Austin his entire run from 98-01. Then, when Austin wasn't the top guy, HHH was, at least when it comes to holding the championship. Rock had a couple of reigns, but so did Jericho, so did Edge, and nobody is making cases for them. I get that the Rock has had the most mainstream success of any wrestler ever, but honestly, I can't see any reason why he'd be in anyone's top-10 let alone top-4.

I have a hard time seeing any argument for Rock over Flair on any list, but I'd be curious to hear why anyone would think so.

Am i crazy for thinking the Rock might be the most overrated wrestler of all time? He was pretty much never the face of the company, yet he seems to be on everyone's mount rushmore but mine. He was second fiddle to Austin his entire run from 98-01. Then, when Austin wasn't the top guy, HHH was, at least when it comes to holding the championship. Rock had a couple of reigns, but so did Jericho, so did Edge, and nobody is making cases for them. I get that the Rock has had the most mainstream success of any wrestler ever, but honestly, I can't see any reason why he'd be in anyone's top-10 let alone top-4.

I have a hard time seeing any argument for Rock over Flair on any list, but I'd be curious to hear why anyone would think so.

Depends on your criteria. Austin and Rock were the biggest draws in wrestling history, albeit for a short time. That and merchandise sold are the real championships in wrestling.

Yes, you are crazy. The Rock was an amazing draw... not only in person, but also on TV. And he was a good worker with off-the-charts charisma. His run was short compared to Flair or Undertaker, but he also was at the top during wrestling's greatest heights (and was a central reason for that). In short, Rock was THE ####.

Depends on your criteria. Austin and Rock were the biggest draws in wrestling history, albeit for a short time. That and merchandise sold are the real championships in wrestling.

I disagree that Rock was a bigger draw than Hogan, or Bruno, or Flair. Rock was a big part of the most profitable era in wrestling, but he was a cog in it, not the reason for it. I just think he rode Austin's coattails as did most of the people of the attitude era. Merchandise sold is a bit of a mixed bag, some wrestlers have fewer available options for shirts, and sometimes designs are unappealing to perspective buyers. I mean, by the logic of just sales, the NWO is probably the biggest draw ever, you couldn't watch a Nitro without thousands of NWO shirts in every crowd, even outnumbering Stone Cold shirts on Raw.

I think it's already been highlighted. He was a worldwide draw in the biggest promotion during the greatest era in wrestling history. Flair was a great wrestler for a long time with his prime coming in a regional promotion. If Flair drew/made the money the Rock did, he wouldn't have been wrestling regularly into his mid/late 50s. Flair never drew significant money with the WWF/E. For a guy that's known for his 'wrestling', one would be hard pressed to name more than a couple memorable matches in WWE (retirement match vs. Michaels, maybe Savage at Mania 7 (?) and perhaps HHH vs. Flair Raw 2003)

And let's not forget, Ric Flair was just another guy down the card during WCWs most successful period. His matches with Rhodes/Race/Sting are all fine and well in NWA/WCW, but they were regional promotions at those times. And not profitable ones at that.

Cash is king in wrestling. Always has and always will be. If you want to debate the greatest in ring performers in history, I don't think many will argue against Ric Flair. He was never able to establish his own brand to the extent of Austin/Rock/Hogan/Cena. He severely lacked the business sense the aforementioned 4 have/had.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

He might not be top 10 all-time, but Terry Funk deserves some serious props. His reckless style was so fun to watch, and his heel run in 1989 was one of the best ever. Fans everywhere literally HATED him with a passion.

I was at the PPV where Funk wrestled Flair with Gary Hart behind Funk. It was a match where each had a second who would throw in the towel if his man was getting beat too badly. Flair won when Hart was on the apron and when Funk was whipped into the corner, Hart let go of the towel, giving Flair the win.

And let's not forget, Ric Flair was just another guy down the card during WCWs most successful period. His matches with Rhodes/Race/Sting are all fine and well in NWA/WCW, but they were regional promotions at those times. And not profitable ones at that.

Cash is king in wrestling. Always has and always will be. If you want to debate the greatest in ring performers in history, I don't think many will argue against Ric Flair. He was never able to establish his own brand to the extent of Austin/Rock/Hogan/Cena. He severely lacked the business sense the aforementioned 4 have/had.

This sounds like an argument similar to that downgrading Babe Ruth's accomplishments because he didn't play against black players.

During Flair's peak, he was never more than 75 days without the NWA strap. He was the epitome of the classic heel. People packed arenas all over the NWA (not just mid-Atlantic) to hopefully see him get beat. Just because you only saw him on TBS doesn't mean he was wrestling a "regional" promotion. You have to remember that the NWA was (and technically still is) a world-wide promotion, while the WWWE was a NE promotion only when Bruno wrestled. The "Flair for the Gold" match against Harley Race was in St. Louis - Race's home territory and one of the stalwarts of the NWA.

In terms of 70s-80s dollars, Ric Flair brought in the cash. The reason he's still wrestled into his 50s is because he spent the money faster than he got it - he honestly believed his own gimmick that he had to live the jef-flying, limo-riding, kiss-stealing son-of-a-gun.

• Like 2

I disagree that Rock was a bigger draw than Hogan, or Bruno, or Flair. Rock was a big part of the most profitable era in wrestling, but he was a cog in it, not the reason for it. I just think he rode Austin's coattails as did most of the people of the attitude era. Merchandise sold is a bit of a mixed bag, some wrestlers have fewer available options for shirts, and sometimes designs are unappealing to perspective buyers. I mean, by the logic of just sales, the NWO is probably the biggest draw ever, you couldn't watch a Nitro without thousands of NWO shirts in every crowd, even outnumbering Stone Cold shirts on Raw.

Serious question but with all due respct how old are you and when did you start watching?

I have fond memories of watching Luche Libre (I believe it was Channel 21 on Long Island) and not understanding a word they said until you heard "the Sleeper" - sleeper hold. Used to close my eyes until I heard that and laugh.

Friday's Super Insane Never Going To Happen Fantasy Booking

How I would run with the WWE title until WM 32:

• Lesnar goes over Reigns at WM by submission. Reigns looks defeated but also a bit confused. Michael Cole is losing his #### and talking Inside Baseball as the PPV fades to black "What just happened?!?! That isn't what was supposed to happen!! Lesnar is still champ??" Heyman comes out on RAW the next Monday and cuts a typical stellar promo, "The WWE doesn't decide who holds the WWE title, Brock Lesnar decides who is champion and will remain that way until he decides he doesn't want it anymore. Now if you will excuse me, my client has other things to do. It's announced later in the show via Twitter that Lesnar has signed with UFC.
  • Lesnar isn't on TV for the month and no-shows Extreme Rules. WWE is focused on the IC (champ Bryan) and US (champ Cena) titles. One of them is defended each week on RAW as the company tries to prop up both titles. After the PPV, Heyman comes out and asks for the WWE to decide their best and Lesnar will defend at Payback. But the WWE better send their best. Reigns goes over Rusev in the finals of a Number One contender tournament and faces Lesnar at Payback where is loses again by tapping out. Heyman comes out on RAW that Monday, claims the WWE is a joke and Lesnar is going to take the belt and go "home" meaning the UFC. Lesnar has a UFC fight (which hopefully he dominates for the storyline's sake) and completely skips the next two PPVs. We start to see Triple H get concerned about getting the title back. His comments toe the line between work and shoot.
  • A month before SummerSlam we see a dominate IC Champ Daniel Bryan to start calling out Lesnar after matches, claiming he never lost the title, he's a true defending champion, etc. Heyman comes out, cuts a promo on Bryan and accepts the challenge. Triple H drops his feud with Bryan and gets The Authority behind him 100 percent, a "this is bigger than us" mindset. HHH is Bryan's second at the match, and after a 5-star match, Lesnar makes Bryan submit. Show ends with Lesnar looking down at HHH holding up the belt and laughing.
  • In a huge slap to the WWE, Lesnar does not defend at "Night Of Champions", competing in a UFC fight instead. At the PPV, HHH takes the ring alone and cuts an amazing promo on how important the company is to him, how important that belt is to him, and how for over a year now Lesnar has been the beast that the WWE can control. And now it's up to HHH to tame Lesnar, "in the match HHH made famous, Hell In A Cell". We get a month of montages showing past HHH HIAC matches along with all of the training HHH is currently doing. In a grueling match where both guys bleed, Lesnar gets the win. Standing in the ring over a defeated HHH with a crying Steph and dejected Vince looking on, Heyman stands with a blooded Lesnar and talks how "this man has conquered both the WWE and the UFC, like no one else, and therefore no one can defeat him.
  • No Lesnar or Heyman for Survivor Series or TLC. HHH is a beaten man. Vince just looks at him and says, "do whatever it takes to get it back. Whatever it takes." Royal Rumble comes to Chicago and Lesnar and Heyman are sitting front row for the Rumble match to decide who goes to WM. WWE pulls out all the stops in the match. Both IC and US champs compete even though they had matches earlier in the night, HHH enters the match, The Rock enters late to try and get the spot. There are no gimmick spots this year, it's all about getting that WWE title back home. At number 30, "Cult Of Personality" blares on the PA and CM Punk in his full MMA gear (and hopefully a 2-0 UFC record) comes through the curtain. Chicago comes off the hinges. "Whatever it takes" mouths HHH to Lesnar. Punk wins the Rumble and gets his WM main event against Lesnar.
  • Like 9

It would seem to indicate the original rumor has some weight to it. It essentially is a extension of the original rumor. Sheamus as IC champion would be a nice yang to Cena's US champ yin.

Another thing I was thinking was to have Cena cheat to beat Rusev. Not a full-fledged heel turn, but more of a new wrinkle to his character where he doesn't have all the skills anymore and needs to cut corners to stay on top.

• Like 1

Another thing I was thinking was to have Cena cheat to beat Rusev. Not a full-fledged heel turn, but more of a new wrinkle to his character where he doesn't have all the skills anymore and needs to cut corners to stay on top.

I like that. Protects rusev

Sort of, but losing due to your opponent cheating creates sympathy for the character... which is exactly what you don't want for a monster heel.

• Like 1

I guess Ambrose is getting screwed yet again. Guy was on fire when The Shield split, getting the biggest pops on the roster for awhile. So the brilliant creative team proceeds to take that momentum and job him out in just about every big match of his two big feuds. They could've created a monster star there and just blew it.

I guess Ambrose is getting screwed yet again. Guy was on fire when The Shield split, getting the biggest pops on the roster for awhile. So the brilliant creative team proceeds to take that momentum and job him out in just about every big match of his two big feuds. They could've created a monster star there and just blew it.

This is all started with the awful finish to HITC which led to an angle with Wyatt that no one wanted based on how it started. I would have been excited for a straight ahead Barrett/Ambrose feud, but I guess that's too logical for the creative department as well. (Incidentally, this would have also served Wyatt well too.)

This is all started with the awful finish to HITC which led to an angle with Wyatt that no one wanted based on how it started. I would have been excited for a straight ahead Barrett/Ambrose feud, but I guess that's too logical for the creative department as well. (Incidentally, this would have also served Wyatt well too.)

The MITB finish was disappointing too. Fantastic match, star making performances out of Dean and Seth, only to have Kane heavily involved in the finish.

• Like 1

<p>

• Lesnar goes over Reigns at WM by submission. Reigns looks defeated but also a bit confused. Michael Cole is losing his #### and talking Inside Baseball as the PPV fades to black "What just happened?!?! That isn't what was supposed to happen!! Lesnar is still champ??" Heyman comes out on RAW the next Monday and cuts a typical stellar promo, "The WWE doesn't decide who holds the WWE title, Brock Lesnar decides who is champion and will remain that way until he decides he doesn't want it anymore. Now if you will excuse me, my client has other things to do. It's announced later in the show via Twitter that Lesnar has signed with UFC.
  • Lesnar isn't on TV for the month and no-shows Extreme Rules. WWE is focused on the IC (champ Bryan) and US (champ Cena) titles. One of them is defended each week on RAW as the company tries to prop up both titles. After the PPV, Heyman comes out and asks for the WWE to decide their best and Lesnar will defend at Payback. But the WWE better send their best. Reigns goes over Rusev in the finals of a Number One contender tournament and faces Lesnar at Payback where is loses again by tapping out. Heyman comes out on RAW that Monday, claims the WWE is a joke and Lesnar is going to take the belt and go "home" meaning the UFC. Lesnar has a UFC fight (which hopefully he dominates for the storyline's sake) and completely skips the next two PPVs. We start to see Triple H get concerned about getting the title back. His comments toe the line between work and shoot.
  • A month before SummerSlam we see a dominate IC Champ Daniel Bryan to start calling out Lesnar after matches, claiming he never lost the title, he's a true defending champion, etc. Heyman comes out, cuts a promo on Bryan and accepts the challenge. Triple H drops his feud with Bryan and gets The Authority behind him 100 percent, a "this is bigger than us" mindset. HHH is Bryan's second at the match, and after a 5-star match, Lesnar makes Bryan submit. Show ends with Lesnar looking down at HHH holding up the belt and laughing.
  • In a huge slap to the WWE, Lesnar does not defend at "Night Of Champions", competing in a UFC fight instead. At the PPV, HHH takes the ring alone and cuts an amazing promo on how important the company is to him, how important that belt is to him, and how for over a year now Lesnar has been the beast that the WWE can control. And now it's up to HHH to tame Lesnar, "in the match HHH made famous, Hell In A Cell". We get a month of montages showing past HHH HIAC matches along with all of the training HHH is currently doing. In a grueling match where both guys bleed, Lesnar gets the win. Standing in the ring over a defeated HHH with a crying Steph and dejected Vince looking on, Heyman stands with a blooded Lesnar and talks how "this man has conquered both the WWE and the UFC, like no one else, and therefore no one can defeat him.
  • No Lesnar or Heyman for Survivor Series or TLC. HHH is a beaten man. Vince just looks at him and says, "do whatever it takes to get it back. Whatever it takes." Royal Rumble comes to Chicago and Lesnar and Heyman are sitting front row for the Rumble match to decide who goes to WM. WWE pulls out all the stops in the match. Both IC and US champs compete even though they had matches earlier in the night, HHH enters the match, The Rock enters late to try and get the spot. There are no gimmick spots this year, it's all about getting that WWE title back home. At number 30, "Cult Of Personality" blares on the PA and CM Punk in his full MMA gear (and hopefully a 2-0 UFC record) comes through the curtain. Chicago comes off the hinges. "Whatever it takes" mouths HHH to Lesnar. Punk wins the Rumble and gets his WM main event against Lesnar.

Damn that would be awesome.

Sort of, but losing due to your opponent cheating creates sympathy for the character... which is exactly what you don't want for a monster heel.

Rusev is not booked in any way like a heel other than waving that flag. I predict he will be a face by next year.

He's a mans man, he fights , he true to his beliefs and he defends his chick.

Some one is gonna put their hands on Lana soon enough and when he makes the save, he will be turned to a massive pop.

• Like 1

The MITB finish was disappointing too. Fantastic match, star making performances out of Dean and Seth, only to have Kane heavily involved in the finish.

Could not agree more. MITB was excellent, only to be flubbed at the end.

There is one easy way for Ambrose to get his pop back...interrupt Rollins trying to cash in the briefcase. WWE can reset that story line any time they want to pop the crowd.

• Like 3

There is one easy way for Ambrose to get his pop back...interrupt Rollins trying to cash in the briefcase. WWE can reset that story line any time they want to pop the crowd.

That would be a great way to do it. I love Ambrose but the thing that I don't like about him is that it feels like the match is secondary to him. Way to many non-finishes, DQs and countouts. Now granted, I wasn't watching during Austin's run and maybe his matches were the same. I just feel like a win or loss doesn't matter to Ambrose.

[rusev] Typical American tactics, inferior people must take short cuts to beat star of Russian Federation. [/rusev]

you can add "USA...haaack ptoooooo" at the end if needed.

Rusev is not booked in any way like a heel other than waving that flag. I predict he will be a face by next year.

Some one is gonna put their hands on Lana soon enough and when he makes the save, he will be turned to a massive pop.

This will be great, but I think they can get a lot more mileage out of Rusev as a heel first. Besides, Lana's "Vlaaaaadimeeeer Pooootin" shtick is awesome.

This will be great, but I think they can get a lot more mileage out of Rusev as a heel first. Besides, Lana's "Vlaaaaadimeeeer Pooootin" shtick is awesome.

She is also, arguably, the hottest piece of ### on the Diva roster. Dear Christ.... :ph34r:

• Like 1

Serious question but with all due respct how old are you and when did you start watching?

30, and 1989, why?

That is some awesome fantasy booking right there. Probably 100 times better than what will happen.

30, and 1989, why?

I was just curious if you lived through his era as an active fan.

I don't see how anyone could say he was somehow secondary to austin. Austin did move more merch based on the Austin 3:16 being phenomenal iconography. They tried pushing a similar vein with rock with the brahama bull but the fact of the matter, the only time wrestling attire ever crossed over to a "cool" mainstream was the nwo and austin shirts.

But rocky, in terms of being over, is really almost alone. They guy was the focal point of the highest rated two segments in wrestling history. He hosted Saturday Night Live, only the second wrestler to do that, after Hogan. His catch phrases were everywhere in society.

All of this meant outside revenue and eyeballs to the product.

Revenue that they've attempted to replicate and reclaim with hhh or cena through the years. But this guy was just OVER.

He also carried the company to one of their three biggest years when austin missed a year.

He's still over and draws a huge pop when he returns , reigns stuff aside.

I could go on and on and to each their own but I think to suggest rock as a supporting player to austin is crazy.

• Like 1

30, and 1989, why?

I was just curious if you lived through his era as an active fan.

I don't see how anyone could say he was somehow secondary to austin. Austin did move more merch based on the Austin 3:16 being phenomenal iconography. They tried pushing a similar vein with rock with the brahama bull but the fact of the matter, the only time wrestling attire ever crossed over to a "cool" mainstream was the nwo and austin shirts.

But rocky, in terms of being over, is really almost alone. They guy was the focal point of the highest rated two segments in wrestling history. He hosted Saturday Night Live, only the second wrestler to do that, after Hogan. His catch phrases were everywhere in society.

All of this meant outside revenue and eyeballs to the product.

Revenue that they've attempted to replicate and reclaim with hhh or cena through the years. But this guy was just OVER.

He also carried the company to one of their three biggest years when austin missed a year.

He's still over and draws a huge pop when he returns , reigns stuff aside.

I could go on and on and to each their own but I think to suggest rock as a supporting player to austin is crazy.

We may have to agree to disagree a little here. I didn't mean Rock was a cog in the same way that somebody like Kane was a cog, Rock was the clear #2 guy of that run in popularity, and 3rd in in-ring success(behind HHH) I'm on board with at least 80% of what you are saying. Perhaps I was a little hasty saying Rock wasn't top-10, but I'm still gonna disagree on top-4.

The initial point of this, was the Mount Rushmore of Wrestling. Obviously Hogan is the representative of the Rock and wrestling era, Cena is the representative of the Pg era/ruthless aggression era, and I believe Austin is the representative of the attitude era. Whenever Austin and Rock went toe-to-toe Austin always prevailed. I think Austin was both more over and more popular, and correct me if I'm wrong, but those other 2 biggest years were both Austin years right?

Maybe Flair wasn't a better pick, as he was overshadowed by hogan for most of their runs. If anything, the guy who should probably get that 4th spot is Bruno, but unfortunately I tend to forget about him, since I have seen so little video of him and didn't live through his run, in many respects that probably makes him the Otto Graham of wrestling.

:tebow:

Let's drive you to Stamford, plop you on their front door and get a movement going.....

:tebow:

Let's drive you to Stamford, plop you on their front door and get a movement going.....

It is nice to dream, but it is a pretty even bet Rollins cashes in the MITB at WM.

Now the above scenario could still hold if Lesnar beats Reigns in a grueling slugfest. Rollins comes out hoping to cash in on a weakened Lesnar, and Lesnar

fends him off and beats him. The only problem with this scenario is this would effectively bury Reigns and I am not sure what they could do with his character after this.

AAA star Hijo del Perro Aguoyo dies during match with Rey Mysterio.

There are videos attached to the article.

:21bellsalute:

:shock: Wow

That's just eerie feeling just watching that. Can't imagine to those involved in the match.

I can't watch the video. Terrible doesn't even begin to describe something like this.

• Like 1