What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (7 Viewers)

Everybody going to watch the HOF stuff? Not a great year. I'm only interested in the Savage and Nash inductions.
Wisconsin/Arizona with the HOF. I tried to watch it last year and it was very boring. (The HOF)
Is it not boring any year? I guess I'll be interested to hear what Undertaker has to say in a few years, but other than that, meh.
I think there's at least 1 interesting guest/year. This year not only is there not one of those since Macho has passed, but I can't imagine a worst set of inductees.

They're inducting too many a year & the Mr T's/Arnolds of the world ruin it with their speeches that wrestling fans don't give 2 ####s about.
Well, I guess it might be interesting to see if the Bushwhackers can put two coherent sentences together?

So, according to a friend of mine attending this year, Bo Dallas returned at Axxess this year, during his match the crowd was chanting "WE BO-LIEVE" he yelled back at them "Stop, that's too much pressure"
WWE just whiffed on jobbing him out previously. Guy can easily be a main event talent.I really hope he's not sporting that ridiculous blonde hair he was a few weeks ago with Tyler Breeze.
I don't know about main event, but, this is still funny:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2014-07-07/raw-gif-of-the-night-july-7-2014-26463507
:lmao: I love that

Everybody going to watch the HOF stuff? Not a great year. I'm only interested in the Savage and Nash inductions.
Wisconsin/Arizona with the HOF. I tried to watch it last year and it was very boring. (The HOF)
Is it not boring any year? I guess I'll be interested to hear what Undertaker has to say in a few years, but other than that, meh.
I think there's at least 1 interesting guest/year. This year not only is there not one of those since Macho has passed, but I can't imagine a worst set of inductees.

They're inducting too many a year & the Mr T's/Arnolds of the world ruin it with their speeches that wrestling fans don't give 2 ####s about.
Well, I guess it might be interesting to see if the Bushwhackers can put two coherent sentences together?
Just the thought of hearing them go "WHOOOOOOA!! YEAAAAAAAH!!!" 10 times makes me nauseous.

They lead the list of why I won't watch this. Right up there for me as worst 'comedy' acts in WWE history. They may as well induct every performer that's laced up a pair of boots at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: RBM

Just the thought of hearing them go "WHOOOOOOA!! YEAAAAAAAH!!!" 10 times makes me nauseous.

They lead the list of why I won't watch this. Right up there for me as worst 'comedy' acts in WWE history. They may as well induct every performer that's laced up a pair of boots at this point.
They were great as the New Zealand Sheepherders, but as the Bushwackers, they barely pass the Koko B. Ware test.

I have no issue with the Bushwhackers getting in... they had an amazingly long career that ran the gamut of being early hardcore legends to a PG family-friendly comedy act. They also moved a ton of merchandise during their early 90s heyday which can't be overlooked.

I have no issue with the Bushwhackers getting in... they had an amazingly long career that ran the gamut of being early hardcore legends to a PG family-friendly comedy act. They also moved a ton of merchandise during their early 90s heyday which can't be overlooked.
For me, its one of those things where there are well over 100 people who deserve to go in more than the bushwhackers, but the WWE Hall of Fame also isn't a real Hall of Fame, so I don't have as big of a problem as I would if someone who had 100+ more deserving people got into the NFL Hall of Fame.

So, according to a friend of mine attending this year, Bo Dallas returned at Axxess this year, during his match the crowd was chanting "WE BO-LIEVE" he yelled back at them "Stop, that's too much pressure"
WWE just whiffed on jobbing him out previously. Guy can easily be a main event talent.

I really hope he's not sporting that ridiculous blonde hair he was a few weeks ago with Tyler Breeze.
No blonde hair, but he's added a goatee...or would it be a bo-tee?

Larry Zbyzsko to be inducted by Bruno Sammartino? :popcorn:
Was there legit heat here?One of the greatest angles ever. I don't recall it ever being recycled
Not that I'm aware of. I just found the pairing interesting.
Larry had heat with Vince over how he left the company for the NWA in 81, but I don't think Bruno and Larry had heat with each other. Larry's first feud in the NWA was with Bruno's son David Sammartino.

D Bryan made a great speech about the little guy Conor. Real heartwarming.

The Savage segment did nothing but anger me. Vince is a real POS for not putting him in 10 years ago.

I'm still a huge Kliq mark so I'll always love these little reunions they do. I'm sure it won't be long until XPac gets in.

The Savage segment did nothing but anger me. Vince is a real POS for not putting him in 10 years ago.

I'm still a huge Kliq mark so I'll always love these little reunions they do. I'm sure it won't be long until XPac gets in.
Did "Diesel" go in or Kevin Nash?

I heard they will be putting the nWo in soon.

Did "Diesel" go in or Kevin Nash?

I heard they will be putting the nWo in soon.
Nash. They didn't do the stupid gimmick only thing like they did with "Razor" last year.

I didn't watch the HOF event, I knew I couldn't have gotten by the Warrior award, so I just passed.

Since this is starting so early today, it is time to get dinner planned out here.

I didn't watch the HOF event, I knew I couldn't have gotten by the Warrior award, so I just passed.

Since this is starting so early today, it is time to get dinner planned out here.
:hifive: I'm doing the same thing. Getting pretty amped up for this now that is "gameday". I am even debating a drink. :bag:

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
I gotta say, I'm really pumped for this main event. I think they will stick with Reigns, but not positive.

And thanks to Bray Wyatt and the awesome job he has done the last month and a half, I'm really looking forward to that match.

The only two matches I really have no interest in are the divas match and Cena-Rusev. At least the divas will look hot. Cena winning is going to be awful.

I just am kind of bummed they moved the Andre the Giant to the pre-show. This is one of the matches I was looking forward to.

The pre-show begins at 5:00 eastern time?? So that means this event is going to be 6 hours long?? Thank god I have more than a case of beer--this could get ugly tonight. Beef and chili burritos already working in the crock pot.

On a personal note, I'm kinda bummed. For the last decade I've had about 15-20 people over for this every year. A zoo would be a good description. Grilled a turkey, smoked brisket and pork butt, veggie tray, fixins, you name it. It was just BYOB and I provided the food and PPV. Last year I got a noise violation ticket and nearly got arrested. I never have people over for "parties" what have you. This was my once a year thing. I even warned all neighbors days in advance about it. I feel like the Undertaker and my streak is over.

Rant over. I feel sorry for my new neighbors next year.

21-2

Backstage talk is that Lesnar will retain tonight.

Somebody had this comment post-article:

If this is true, the booing at the Hall of Fame had to be what sent it over the edge. When you are the only one to get booed amidst cheers of respect for hated villains, forgotten legends and non-wrestlers, it's a clear sign that you are legitimately not wanted.

That had to be some kind of wake up call for the company. IF this is true.

:lmao: Didnt watch but 4 hours for the HOF ceremony

That thing has to be just ####### brutal to sit through. God only knows why they induct so many people.

If this is true, the booing at the Hall of Fame had to be what sent it over the edge. When you are the only one to get booed amidst cheers of respect for hated villains, forgotten legends and non-wrestlers, it's a clear sign that you are legitimately not wanted. That had to be some kind of wake up call for the company. IF this is true.
Excellent

If this is true, the booing at the Hall of Fame had to be what sent it over the edge. When you are the only one to get booed amidst cheers of respect for hated villains, forgotten legends and non-wrestlers, it's a clear sign that you are legitimately not wanted. That had to be some kind of wake up call for the company. IF this is true.
Excellent
Taps fingers?

Excellent
Taps fingers?
More like tap out. They absolutely, positively have to turn Reigns heel.

If they're building towards attendance record at Cowboy Stadium next year, have Brock destroy Reigns to build to Lesnar/Rock.rematch.Mania next year. Seems like a no brainer.

Please turn New Day already

Levi Stadium looks great.

I can't explain how bad it is to watch Mania/wrestling in a stadium like this unless you're still really really close to ringside on the floor.. Something you can say you went to I guess :shrug:

I can't explain how bad it is to watch Mania/wrestling in a stadium like this unless you're still really really close to ringside on the floor.. Something you can say you went to I guess :shrug:
You're probably right about that. This looks awesome though, so far. Should only get better the darker it gets.

El Torito sighting. My night is complete. Tag match is hot.

You're probably right about that. This looks awesome though, so far. Should only get better the darker it gets.

El Torito sighting. My night is complete. Tag match is hot.
Speaking of hot...Natty. :wub:

Natty putting Torito in the sharpshooter was :thumbup:

Sorry Tiger Fan, Axelmania eliminated first. :unsure: :lmao:

Hideo Itami with a big reaction. Hopefully the brass can finally trust the NXT guys.

Crowd is on ####### FIRE.

Does Big Show have illicit pictures of Stephanie and a goat or something? Don't get why he is still relevant...much less winning the rucking battle royal.

The problem wasn't that Show won...it's that they had him dump the one guy that the crowd was behind. If that were ANYONE but Mizdow.....you could understand that they're giving the BR to Big Show as a Lifetime Achievement award.

I wish Bradshaw would stop saying Big Show has never won a battle royal. He won World War 3 in '96.

The problem wasn't that Show won...it's that they had him dump the one guy that the crowd was behind. If that were ANYONE but Mizdow.....you could understand that they're giving the BR to Big Show as a Lifetime Achievement award.
If only that meant he'd be put out to mother ####### pasture.

I'm in a bar in downtown Chicago owned by ex-diva Victoria. They were chanting "let's go Mizdow" and I was chanting "Mizdow sucks".

It was hilarious, the place went silent when Big Show actually won. I deafening screamed,

"Welllll, it's the Big Shooow."

I'm a drunk, ######## heel.

I love watching outdoor wrestling. Feels so special.

Nattie and Rene Young both looking awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread