What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (3 Viewers)

It was fun, but it was hard to buy into the concept because of this.  They tried to present it as a sports draft with each "team" trying to field the best roster they could, and even "looking to the future" with the early pick of Balor.  But it all falls apart when Bayley, Samoa Joe, Nakamura, and Osuka go undrafted while Carmella, Mojo Rawley, Eva Marie, and Alexa Bliss do get picked. Maybe HHH or Regal exerted some influence to have them protected. 

I agree Bayley's impact will be much greater if she shows up out of the blue, but to make it realistic I think they owed us an explanation on why the best of NXT got passed over for far less talented and charismatic wrestlers. 
I assumed NXT champions were ineligible. Explains The Revival as well. Nakamura is likely facing Joe at the Takeover before Summerslam, which is the only explanation I can come up with there.

Bayley makes perfect sense, I'm guessing they don't want to ruin the surprise of her being Sasha's partner at Battleground. I mean, that has to be it right? I can't even think who else could be her partner.

I thought it was a pretty good draft, and I thought it played a lot better than it could have. That said, Smackdown got killed. They got about 5 people I like, and everyone else is on Raw. Plus, now Graves is on Raw, and JBL is on Smackdown. Raw won in a landslide.

One thing I wish they'd televised was the change in commentary teams. I wanted Corey Graves to be one of the draft picks to shake things up...ultimately, he landed on RAW, booted JBL to Smackdown, and King (finally) off TV...so all's well that ends well.
Yeah, the announcer situation really improved last night, though I hoped Ranallo and Cole would have traded places. Ranallo is so good calling the CWC that it would have been fun having him call the cruisers on Raw. Oh well.

Ambrose, Styles, Cena, Orton, Wyatt, Miz, Corbin, Ziggler, Del Rio, Kane, Kallisto, Ryder, Crews, Rowan, Rawley 

Cena/Styles feud.

Wyatt has Rowan with him.

They give Kallisto toe "Rey Mysterio" push they've been wanting to.

Corbin and Crews get more exposure and get time to get a following.

Maybe Ryder feuds with Rawley...maybe they team up.

Tag Team is set up with softballs for the American Alpha to dominate.  They'll feud with Vaudvillians.

I assumed NXT champions were ineligible. Explains The Revival as well. Nakamura is likely facing Joe at the Takeover before Summerslam, which is the only explanation I can come up with there.

Bayley makes perfect sense, I'm guessing they don't want to ruin the surprise of her being Sasha's partner at Battleground. I mean, that has to be it right? I can't even think who else could be her partner.

I thought it was a pretty good draft, and I thought it played a lot better than it could have. That said, Smackdown got killed. They got about 5 people I like, and everyone else is on Raw. Plus, now Graves is on Raw, and JBL is on Smackdown. Raw won in a landslide.
The only other name I'm seeing as a possible partner for Sasha is Nikki Bella, but certainly Bayley makes a lot more sense given their history. 

I didn't even notice the change in broadcasting.  Hope JBL doesn't pull Ranallo down too much.  That's the one big thing Smackdown has going for it.  He's so much better than Cole and making matches feel big and important. 

I kind of wish they'd shown more rounds on Smackdown, though they covered it pretty well on the network. 

I'm, well, shocked. But pleasantly. Glad somebody talked Vince into giving SmackDown something important. Raw gonna bring back Big Gold?
they have no right to after a pair of clean wins by Dean in the last week. They need to determine their number one contender for Summerslam...last chance to get the belt until Survivor Series. 

Thought this may have been their best PPV of the year. Took a piss break during Becky Lynch/Natalia and FF thru portions of matches but can't say their was a bad match or segment on the card.

Liked Breezango going over. Perfect spot for these guys as a team.

Great debut by Bayley. Her and Sasha are money.

Not a big fan of the "Lets Make Darren Great Again" thing, but like the way they've went with Darren Young and the Crossface Chicken Wing channeling mid-90s Backlund. If Young can embrace that character they can do a lot with it.

While they've overdone it to death on their TV programming, Owens and Zayn put on a great match. Great effort by both.

They really ought to have the Club on both shows. Even it means having them 'ignore authority' and just juggle Gallows/Anderson between Balor on Raw and then Styles on Smackdown. Enzo is so far ahead of everyone on the roster on the mic and controlling the crowd it's just silly. Big Cass has been very good on the mic as well. Perhaps I've just missed it or is Cena badly balding....or just a butcher job of a haircut :lol:  

Highlight Reel was tremendous with Jericho and Orton. Really wish they'd substantially reduce Orton's schedule now that he's back. He gets worked to death and his work greatly suffers due to that. He was awesome tonight.

Main Event was great. Thought they should have had Stephanie helping new look Reigns win the belt but understand trying to keep the momentum with Ambrose. I think there's great chance of a title tournament on Raw and bring back some faces from the past as participants. They did the same thing during last brand split but wish they'd just stop with the Smackdown & RAW heel/faces being buddy-buddy to support 'their show' watching the show together .........when they're going to be fighting each other 2mrw.  Just corny.

Great cousins....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoLgcr_WIAEVjBI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed.  Really really good show last night.  Thought the 6 man tag team was great, and Enzo is just on fire with the mic these days.

Are they protecting the Dirty Deeds?  Maybe I was just tired/drunk by the end but I thought after all the spots Seth and Ambrose ate that Roman taking the pin on that was a bit, off.

I have tickets to Smackdown tomorrow, Not as excited with this "B" show roster.  Outside of Amrbose, Styles, Cena,. American Alpha, and Orton it looks weak.

Zayn-Owens was outstanding and everything I was hoping it would be. I'll probably never forget this match. The finish of Zayn hitting the exploder in the corner, knowing that wouldn't be enough, doing another half and half, and following that with the Helluva kick, and Owens just collapsing into Zayn's arms, was easily the best image in WWE of the year. It deserves to be an iconic moment played in all video packages. 

That part right after, where Zayn goes back to the corner to do another Helluva kick, and he stops and closes his eyes and sort of sighs, was awesome. It was a little 5 second part, but said so much about Zayn's character. That even after everything that Owens has done to him, Zayn, more or less, is sad/hurt that it has come to this, but knows he has to end it. That brief moment between hatred and pity is all told from one little facial expression. Other than maybe(MAYBE?) Shawn Michaels, I can't think of any wrestler ever, who is able to say so much with facial expressions and body language as Sami Zayn does.

I don't know if this was the match of the year, but it was certainly the story of the year. I hope this is the beginning of a monster push for Zayn. He's arguably been the best wrestler in the company for almost 3 years, and has been without question the MVP of 2016 since the moment he got called up. That's not to take anything away from Owens, who is easily #2, and also deserves a ton of credit. 

Watching Raw for the first time since post-Mania, which means I've now watched it twice this year.

We'll see how long this lasts. Raws have been unbearable of late.

Biggest issue: dead crowd for Finn Balor. ####, do these people have no internet access at all that would even hint that Finn Balor exists?

That reigns powerbomb is f###ing sick! Can probably only do it on smaller guys, but they need to protect that move. Nobody should be kicking out of that. Best new finisher I've seen in a while. (New for me)

Based on how my kids reacted to that result, Finn Balor will be an even bigger star than anyone expected. Huge pop in the Bender household.
I've taken my boys (12,9) to a few NXT shows. Both think Balor is the greatest thing ever. My older son isn't even into wrestling that much but spent his own cash to buy a Balor shirt. The kids love him, and the demon gimmick even more.

Dragging over. SASHA!!!!!!

Damn if this show hasn't actually been pretty damn good. And almost no Steph/Mick. Instead, they're focusing on the wrestlers. GO FIGURE!

"Hey what if we give women more than 5 minutes and let the crowd favorite win clean? What do you think would happen then??"

SASHA!!!

**PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT**

Raw is now safe to watch again. I repeat, Raw is safe to watch again.

-End of transmission-
Reminded me of Smackdown when it was run by Paul Heyman. It came off as an entirely different product. I only watched the last 2-hours. I'm really hit or miss about staying awake during wrestling.

That third hour. 

Reminded me of Smackdown when it was run by Paul Heyman. It came off as an entirely different product. I only watched the last 2-hours. I'm really not or miss about staying awake during wrestling.

That third hour. 
It did have that kind of feeling to it. It felt like they hit the reset button on the brand as a whole.

Like I said, I thought it hit a lull around the Neville match, but that last hour...

Not sure I'm marking out for...  young Jeff Hardy, King Kong Bundy, or the 5-count.
I was going to attend a show that KKB was going to appear at (he had to back out). My picture with him was going to be him pinning me with Bundy making the 5-count request to the camera.

Fear for Kevin owens, who imo is the best total package in the WWE.

Get the Zayn push, deserves it... But owens is just being left in the dust, over and over. Maybe TOO often.

The "new era" is off to a fantastic start.  Great PPV followed by a great Raw.  Sasha winning the belt and her reaction afterwards was my favorite thing since Bayley won the NXT title. 

I couldn't believe Balor got that heavy of a push on his very first day.  That was certainly unpredictable. 

Enzo and Cass are insanely over.  Signs all over the place in the audience and they can't wait to do the SAWFT chant. 

Raw's not been bad at all tonight, but I forgot how this show starts to draaaaaaag at about this point. It's an hour too long.
I usually watch the Hulu 90 min version, but I watched it live yesterday.  That was one of the better shows theyve had in a long time but it felt way too long.  

Two hours is probably the sweet spot, but it's a business and they sell a lot of extra ads having that third hour so I get it. 

Users who are viewing this thread