What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (8 Viewers)

Bogart said:
This would be great, great shtick. Every once in a while, GM Bryan gets into it with a main roster guy, and just calls up his favorite guy in NXT/new signing to do his bidding. As much fun as it would be to see Joe crush Miz, I think it would be great to see The Brian Kendrick come up and just go ape #### on someone for DB's honor.
Kendrick is appearing on Raw I think, wasted opportunity with all the love DBry gives him on CWC commentary.

Saw rumor of Goldberg returning. Does anyone really want too see 50 year old Goldberg? Kids have no idea who he is. What's left of the 21+ crowd remember him flopping in wwe previously and putting on one of the most forgetable matches In mania history vs lesnar.

He had a nice little run in wcw being the undefeated no talking killer but his star all but faded by the end of the company. I remember having zero desire to even see him in wwe in 2003 (?) When he returned. He was all but forgotten about since he didn't immediately jump over to wwe.

Guy is ####### awful on the mic. And he's not going to have the physique of old.  Wish he'd stay away but sounds like he could be soon getting back into the ring SMH

Just came across a cool little 12 minute video about Adam Cole looking like he's just starting out in his rasslin career.

It's impressive that he's only 27 years old today, but this video was taken when it looks like he's still living with his mother.

Also to be aware there are some 4 letter expletives in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX6OBtpAZic

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to get on the smarks Roman Reigns hate tip.......but how can anyone give Cas pop in this match?  Guy makes RR look like Lou Thesz AND hasn't exactly earned his stripes. 

Great swerve and great finish. Makes me wonder if Seth is getting punished for being "reckless" as Brett Hart put it.

The mic battles between him and Rollins will be great. Reigns and Cass could only look and listen when those 2 started trading barbs.

"If Roman wins, we riot"   :lol:

One of the best endings Raw has had in a long time.  Course I haven't seen too many of them lately, but this one was good.  Kevin Owens is my favorite.  Love his old school reactions when he gets a boot to the face.  

Reigns carried another awesome main event. He brought all the heat and srarted all the key spots. I think he's passed Rollins as the best wrestler on RAW.

Happy for Owens.

Gotta love the screwjob finish. It will be interesting to see where it goes from here. Rollins is so over be it as a heel or face, so I can see them hanging their hats on him for the considerable future. KO is just flat out great and his deadpan comments are genuinely funny. He will be a great champ. I also like HHH back in the mix. Foley/Steph were getting stale quick, and Raw is losing out to Smackdown right now, IMO. We shall see.

Rooting for AJ Styles to take home the belt at Backlash. The guy is just bringing it every show. Best catchphrase lately is "I just beat up John Cena!" Good schtick.

ETA: Anyone else get the feeling Heyman is up to something "big"?

Saw rumor of Goldberg returning. Does anyone really want too see 50 year old Goldberg?
No interest whatsoever.  Even at his peak in WCW I found him boring. 

Not to get on the smarks Roman Reigns hate tip.......but how can anyone give Cas pop in this match?  Guy makes RR look like Lou Thesz AND hasn't exactly earned his stripes. 
He's one of the shiny new toys.  Give him a year before they get bored with him. 

You were right.. but the ending I doubt anyone saw coming.. Great Match.. 

Great swerve and great finish. Makes me wonder if Seth is getting punished for being "reckless" as Brett Hart put it.

One of the best endings Raw has had in a long time.  Course I haven't seen too many of them lately, but this one was good.  Kevin Owens is my favorite.  Love his old school reactions when he gets a boot to the face.  
That was fantastic.  I can't wait to find out what HHH's motive was.  Him attacking Reigns is logical enough given where they left off, but what's his interest in Owens?  Even Steph and Owens had their jaws on the ground. 

Reigns carried another awesome main event. He brought all the heat and srarted all the key spots. I think he's passed Rollins as the best wrestler on RAW.
I wouldn't go that far, but he's very underappreciated.  I'm a fan. 

KO is just flat out great and his deadpan comments are genuinely funny.
One of his best was last week when all the challengers for the Universal title were in the ring and he points to Enzo and says "Are you kidding me???"  :lmao:

KO is awesome.  I like when he had Big Cas down in the corner..  "you don't belong here!"  

And his reaction to the screw job was epic.  Just staring at HHH.  Too many of these guys are physical specimens but they either can't wrestle very well or can't deliver on the mic.. or in many case, both.  KO is   :moneybag:

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
ESPN's recap of RAW Their twitter account/website is a must-read for me now. They treat WWE more or less straight up, analyzing the business, the cards and the wrestlers fairly objectively. Good interviews - the one with Triple H was great IMO - and is well worth the time.

Over the past 12 months, the WWE spent too much time getting its booking team over as the most despised heels in the company, serving up one gratuitous Reigns push after another. But there seemed to be a figurative element at play to Triple H's appearance, and the pair of Pedigree finishers he landed on Reigns and Rollins in the no-disqualification main event.

Man that was solid. So many different ways they could take this angle now. And KO is the champ so that's awesome.

I agree that Reigns has improved immensely. A big heel push for him would be great for his long term prospects. But if I saw another super man punch last night I was going to throw my remote through the TV. 

Trey said:
Man that was solid. So many different ways they could take this angle now. And KO is the champ so that's awesome.

I agree that Reigns has improved immensely. A big heel push for him would be great for his long term prospects. But if I saw another super man punch last night I was going to throw my remote through the TV. 
I know..  that whole wrist-#### thing is beyond stupid.  

I like the whole Heath Slater schtick on Smackdown.  The interview with him in the trailer with Rhino and his redneck wife was great.  "They couldn't meet my money demands so they didn't extend a contract... but we're working on it."  

Then they show him getting a beat down from... the Headbangers!  The Headbangers?  wtf?

Rhino drags him over, tags him, and then ends the match, post haste, with a spear to one of those old dudes.  Slater can barely stand and raise his hand in the victory.  Good schtick there.  

Any chance the HHH motive is Stephanie related?...perhaps that mid-show hug and Rollins proclamation that this would be the best night of their lives was too much for triple Haitch to take.  Gotta find an appropriate way to get himself in the WrestleMania picture, right?

Charlotte as heel champ eats a pin.  :rolleyes:
So stupid.  Who does this help?  Makes them both look bad when Bayley doesn't win. 

They really should have just put all the women on Smackdown and done storylines with them.  Now its just the champ vs. whoever is getting that month's PPV spot.  There are no other angles.  Bayley should be on slow burn mode.

And why are we jobbing out Enzo and Cass with roll-ups?  You want to get these two idiot colon's over, have them destroy them in an angle, you make Enzo look like a goof when a cross body doesn't get a one count and he gets beat on a roll up. 

Whats so hard about just strap a rocket to Enzo and Cass?  Its like they're trying to kill them to justify a Cass solo run.

I feel like Raw and Smackdown are taking turns being the good show.  Last week Raw was fantastic while Smackdown sucked.  The week before it was the other way around IIRC.  Hopefully that means a good Smackdown tonight. 

Okay.  So if that was the lead-in for Backlash, this PPV is going to suck!  Not much to like from last night.

I did happen to find a clip of the Slater Family Intro that was cut from the show.  This was probably more entertaining than anything on last night, especially the Styles/Ambrose snoozefest during the main event slot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw036qhwheA

I thought Dean cut a good promo.  That women's division #### to open the show was jarringly awful though.  Bryan working in a plug for his wife's show in the middle of a segment?  Was that like some sort of meta work or something?  Or was it really as ham-handed as it seemed?

So, does CM Punk look to come back to wrestling after the embarrassment he suffered last night or does he try to continue with MMA?

No doubt IMO he's back in WWE part time at some point. If nothing else to drop the lawsuit that'll likely render him broke if not.  

I imagine he'll have another MMA bout. Who knows if in ufc. How much money is really left after that performance? I'm sure he made a ton last night but just can't imagine them shelling that out again 

No doubt IMO he's back in WWE part time at some point. If nothing else to drop the lawsuit that'll likely render him broke if not.  

I imagine he'll have another MMA bout. Who knows if in ufc. How much money is really left after that performance? I'm sure he made a ton last night but just can't imagine them shelling that out again 
What lawsuit?

Went to an NXT event Sunday afternoon in St. Paul. Random observations:

- the NXT entrance music collection is really great. Glorious was the most fun, Nakamura the most exciting, and Asuka a hidden gem people don't usually talk about. 

- Hideo Itami mixed some comedy into his match before getting serious and winning via GTS (over Austin Aries and his Green Bay Packers zubaz)

- Asuka vs Ember Moon was the match of the show

- the Perfect 10 gimmick is super over. 10 counts all show long.

- Nakamura is super over. Chants for him before his entrance...sing along to his music...everyone on their feet as he set up the kinshasa. 

I had my 10 and 8 year old boys with me. We had 7th row seats on the floor, but they couldn't see anything from there. There was also a giant wrestling nerd in front of us (giant in stature and nerdiness) who never stopped talking. We moved up to the balcony after the intermission and still had a good time. I saw a few girls with Asuka masks, and one even had her face paint on, which looked really rad. 

They ran an ad for for 2017 Wrestlemania in Orlando that really got the crowd booing...that show was supposed to be in Minneapolis at US Bank Stadium. I'm not sure how we lost that bid.

Users who are viewing this thread