What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (9 Viewers)

JB Breakfast Club said:
I watched the RAW main event in a bar last night. Was it as good as it seemed with no sound? How was the live crowd reaction?
It was fine. It wasn't the best Sasha/Charlotte match, but it was ok. Charlotte's twisting moonsault was outstanding.

Raw in general has been very mediocre of late. I think Jericho/Owens, the women's title, and maybe the crusierweights are the only things I'm not fast forwarding. Everything else just feels like a chore to watch. 

Who is this Curt Hawkins?  Is he one of the internet darlings from the Indy circuit?  I hope they make him a heel.  I already hate him. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is this Curt Hawkins?  Is he one of the internet darlings from the Indy circuit?  I hope they make him a heel.  I already hate him. 
He was in WWE a few years back as one of Edge's henchmen, then got caught in the "we have nothing for you" vortex and disappeared with little fanfare.

Lesnar-Goldberg reportedly done deal for survivor series. Have no desire to see it but at least they're smart enough (reportedly) not to put it at mania again

Good for the talent that corgans taking over and rebranding.tna brand is dead. I like corgan but putting

eddie edwards over lashley
is terrible. The hardy stuff has been the best thing in wrestling but their audience is gone.

Good move by wwe getting library with the tna talent they have. I've already seen a lot of their early shows on YouTube but good news for wwe network subscribers. The first 8 or so years of tna weren't bad. Hogan/bischoff (2 nonwrestlers who added little at the time) sucked the company dry financially.

Good for the talent that corgans taking over and rebranding.tna brand is dead. I like corgan but putting

eddie edwards over lashley
is terrible. The hardy stuff has been the best thing in wrestling but their audience is gone.

Good move by wwe getting library with the tna talent they have. I've already seen a lot of their early shows on YouTube but good news for wwe network subscribers. The first 8 or so years of tna weren't bad. Hogan/bischoff (2 nonwrestlers who added little at the time) sucked the company dry financially.
Inquisitr article on the same topic.

So, if I understand this correctly, WWE buys the TNA library for use on its network, but TNA has control of it to sell videos and maintain a lineage when the new/rebranded company comes about. I think Corgan could right this ship by shedding payroll. Now, if he took my advice (upthread) about going with allied promotions like ROH does with NJPW and CMLL (but with perhaps the NWA), then I think it could work.

Lesnar-Goldberg reportedly done deal for survivor series. Have no desire to see it but at least they're smart enough (reportedly) not to put it at mania again
Would be so WWE to have built Lesnar up this much to have him job to 50 year old Goldberg.Then we get Goldberg-Taker at Mania :lmao: '

Goldberg wasn't a draw 13 years ago. I'm sure this will be different :lol:  A lot of the audience won't even know who he is

Would be so WWE to have built Lesnar up this much to have him job to 50 year old Goldberg.Then we get Goldberg-Taker at Mania :lmao: '

Goldberg wasn't a draw 13 years ago. I'm sure this will be different :lol:  A lot of the audience won't even know who he is

He wasn't a draw because WWE "Creative" put a blonde wig on him and basically stripped him of what made him awesome in WCW (until WCW stripped that, too of course).

He wasn't a draw because WWE "Creative" put a blonde wig on him and basically stripped him of what made him awesome in WCW (until WCW stripped that, too of course).
Didn't his moveset consist of a Spear, a Big Boot, a Punch, a clothesline, and a Suplex/Powerslam?  If Roman Reigns can't get over with this same set of moves, how would Goldberg get over today?  I think I'd rather see Gilberg go against Lesnar.

Didn't his moveset consist of a Spear, a Big Boot, a Punch, a clothesline, and a Suplex/Powerslam?  If Roman Reigns can't get over with this same set of moves, how would Goldberg get over today?  I think I'd rather see Gilberg go against Lesnar.

How did Hulk Hogan get over with his limited moveset? His only revolutionary change to his offense was whipping people with his belt.

How did Hulk Hogan get over with his limited moveset? His only revolutionary change to his offense was whipping people with his belt.
We were young and naive back then...plus no IWC to help pile on the snark and criticism.  Different age of wrestling back then that can't compare to what is out there now.  Same as when Goldberg was out there wrestling.  Not as much access online, so the story (legend?) of Goldberg carried some weight and became a "must tune in" event every Monday night.  Viewers (and IWC?) expect a lot more than just a big boot, spear, and jackhammer slam to get someone over.

With that said, Lesnar has made a career out of Suplex City.  So go figure? :shrug:

We were young and naive back then...plus no IWC to help pile on the snark and criticism.  Different age of wrestling back then that can't compare to what is out there now.  Same as when Goldberg was out there wrestling.  Not as much access online, so the story (legend?) of Goldberg carried some weight and became a "must tune in" event every Monday night.  Viewers (and IWC?) expect a lot more than just a big boot, spear, and jackhammer slam to get someone over.

With that said, Lesnar has made a career out of Suplex City.  So go figure? :shrug:

I can understand that. Even in 1998, we still were accepting of stars with limited movesets. For instance, Steve Austin's moveset wasn't exactly diverse, but if he were to return for one more match, people would mark out still because he's Steve Austin.

I don't know that Goldberg has that kind of appeal anymore as he's been pretty damn anonymous for the last decade, but as a throwaway match at Survivor Series, you could do a lot worse.

He's pretty much always worked for WWE.  He's former WWE tag co-champions with Zack Ryder.  Sure, I understand why you'd forget that, though. But he's been with the WWE since their version of ECW was a thing.

Goldberg didn't help himself by crippling his own hand smashing out a window and putting him out of action for a few months.

Just coming here to ask this.  I don't care, I've been loving the vignettes.  Hope they have something good for him

He's pretty much always worked for WWE.  He's former WWE tag co-champions with Zack Ryder.  Sure, I understand why you'd forget that, though. But he's been with the WWE since their version of ECW was a thing.
I don't remember him at all, though there was a period from about 2002-2010 when I watched almost no wrestling. 

As far as Goldberg goes, I'm about as excited to see him again as I was Bautista, which is to say "not very".  Even in his prime I couldn't have cared less, other than his brief bit with Jericho. 

Becky Lynch injured, and possibly dropping the belt tonight. Not a big fan, but bummer. Match is off.

Total Bellas is gold.

Phenomenal Sunday with the Pack and No Mercy. Obviously rooting for "The Face that Runs the Place" AJ F'n Styles.

Also started drinking early. :ph34r:

Putting the title match on first was a fun twist caused by the debate. Got to watch it live with the kids, and they ate up all of the 3 way spots. 

Dumb ending with the bell ringing after AJ tapped, but it was dynamite until then. 

What happened?  Watching NFL.
Cena and Ambrose both had submission moves on AJ. He taps. Bell rings. Ref waves it off so there can be only one winner, but nothing announced over the PA. Most think AJ is out, so he says F it, grabs a chair, knocks out Cena...and pins him to keep the belt. 

Hated the miz/ziggler finish. They could have gotten milage out of ziggler trying to get reinstated ir wrestling under a mask or something. No imagination at all.

Hated the miz/ziggler finish. They could have gotten milage out of ziggler trying to get reinstated ir wrestling under a mask or something. No imagination at all.
Loved the match.  I'll miss the neverending IC title tour, but that was a 5 star match, and Miz proved yet again, he can work with and put anyone over.  Not that Ziggler needs help getting over.  That should have been the finishing match.  Orton and Wyatt were put in a horrible position to try to follow it, but point blank that was a snoozer and I could not have given any less ####s about the Luke Harper swerve.

Loved the match.  I'll miss the neverending IC title tour, but that was a 5 star match, and Miz proved yet again, he can work with and put anyone over.  Not that Ziggler needs help getting over.  That should have been the finishing match.  Orton and Wyatt were put in a horrible position to try to follow it, but point blank that was a snoozer and I could not have given any less ####s about the Luke Harper swerve.
Shane McMahon said the same thing on "Talking Smack" afterwards.  Great match.  It should help Ziggler.

Before the shield, I thought Punk/Bryan/Ziggler/Cena were the best in the business.  Good to see the company give Ziggler a win.  They've been ####ting on him for years. 

Shane McMahon said the same thing on "Talking Smack" afterwards.  Great match.  It should help Ziggler.
Yep I watched that.  What else could he say.  Daniel Bryan laid it at his feet and it was a pretty big misjudgment.  Of what, Miz and Ziggler's ability to put together a match?  In a TITLE vs CAREER match?  Nah, we gotta close the show with the BIG.  NEWS.  The return of LUKE.... HARPER?  A mid carder?  

Anyway, I'm just being overly smarky about it at this point lol

Would smash Sasha Banks. Now calling out Charolette for HIAC. First ever for the ladies.

Would crush Lana.

Cena is a loon, but DB's reactions were priceless.

Rasslin'.

Heyman calling out Goldberg tonight. :excited:

Billy Corgan, who was just named president of TNA Wrestling....is suing TNA Wrestling and its parent company. Was rumored recently he had bought the company....which obviously not the case. 

http://www.tmz.com/2016/10/13/billy-corgan-declares-war-on-tna-wrestling-files-lawsuit-restraining-order/

Just embarassing. Matt Hardy has had the best stuff by far in wrestling this year but just fold already. Dixie having any part in wrestling is a joke. Her daddy's company won't even fund this moneypit anymore. Sad for the performers but if Corgan wants in wrestling that bad, he can create a company (w/o any stench of TNA Wrestling with it)

Edit: Appears they're now also being sued for nonpayment by their former production company. http://411mania.com/wrestling/tna-aroluxe-also-sued-by-former-production-company/      that provided work for Bound for Glory 2015.. Finally things are crumbling down on Dixie......no more sweet talking her way out of reality.

:tfp:

Billy Corgan, who was just named president of TNA Wrestling....is suing TNA Wrestling and its parent company. Was rumored recently he had bought the company....which obviously not the case. 

http://www.tmz.com/2016/10/13/billy-corgan-declares-war-on-tna-wrestling-files-lawsuit-restraining-order/

Just embarassing. Matt Hardy has had the best stuff by far in wrestling this year but just fold already. Dixie having any part in wrestling is a joke. Her daddy's company won't even fund this moneypit anymore. Sad for the performers but if Corgan wants in wrestling that bad, he can create a company (w/o any stench of TNA Wrestling with it)

Edit: Appears they're now also being sued for nonpayment by their former production company. http://411mania.com/wrestling/tna-aroluxe-also-sued-by-former-production-company/      that provided work for Bound for Glory 2015.. Finally things are crumbling down on Dixie......no more sweet talking her way out of reality.

:tfp:
Been reading rumors that if everything falls through for Corgan TNA deal that WWE will likely swoop in and buy the company (or at the very least their video library).  Another related rumor is that WWE is looking to expand WWE Network to include more than just their brands.  This would factor into that and they are expected to work a deal with several other organizations for licensing if that happens.  I'm too lazy to include links.  There's news about it all over the net.

:lol:  Sounds like Dixie was borrowing money..............then when that money source dried up.......she'd move onto someone else. And completely ignore demands for payback. :lmao:  

WWE only interest in tape library but sounds like there are lien(s) on all TNA's assets (equipment, etc..) & they'll wait all this circus to play out and buy it for peanuts from whomever is awarded the library. Likely why the deal with Corgan was 'complicated' and didn't get done. And even sounds like Dixie personally owes money to Billy Corgan. :lmao: Wow. If she/Impact can't settle the debts, the company is gonna be pried away from her in all likelihood. http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-who-funded-tnas-latest-tapings-dixie-carter-owes-billy-corgan-money/

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/1015/618454/news-on-how-much-money-tna-owes/

:lol: Reportedly owe $3.5 mil + $300k+ for production work + money owed Billy Corgan + back taxes owed State of TN. Oof. Depending on how many tapings Corgan funded, easily looking at well over $5 mil they owe (as so far reported). I'm sure it'll come out they owe much much more when others come forth. Pretty sure Eric Bischoff and company have a lawsuit against TNA in the $500k range.

Keep in mind WCW (in a much more popular time in wrestling with a lot more available talent and footage of top stars in their primes) was bought for reportedly around $2 mil. And reported TNA doesnt own all (if any) of the tape library at this point. (Reported the company they owe $3.5 mil own rights to some -- probably will turn out to be all -- of the tape library which is the only thing of value the company has at this point)

Goldberg still looks fairly solid, but there's no way he will clean and jerk BRRROCK LESSNAR over his head.  He could barely get his young son up on his shoulders.  

What's up with this cruiser wgt division?  Brian Kendrick?  LOL  You could hear people texting in the crowd during that 6 man tag introduction.  

They should let the Mile High Trio that Strowman squeaked by into that division.  

And was that Bayley loss supposed to happen?  Awkward ending, but kinda sexy, imo.  

Goldberg still looks fairly solid, but there's no way he will clean and jerk BRRROCK LESSNAR over his head.  He could barely get his young son up on his shoulders.  

What's up with this cruiser wgt division?  Brian Kendrick?  LOL  You could hear people texting in the crowd during that 6 man tag introduction.  

They should let the Mile High Trio that Strowman squeaked by into that division.  

And was that Bayley loss supposed to happen?  Awkward ending, but kinda sexy, imo.  
I marked out for the return and promo, but I saw and thought the same thing lol

They almost have to run the Lesnar/Goldberg match as a Drago/Apollo Creed match where Lesnar just obliterates him, Heyman then gets on the mike and (more or less) asks "is that it?" and then someone comes down from the back and starts an EPIC feud with Lesnar.

Knowing WWE.....Goldberg will win, but it won't be clean.....they'll have a rematch.....Lesnar will win that and then they'll have one more match at WM.

They almost have to run the Lesnar/Goldberg match as a Drago/Apollo Creed match where Lesnar just obliterates him, Heyman then gets on the mike and (more or less) asks "is that it?" and then someone comes down from the back and starts an EPIC feud with Lesnar.

Knowing WWE.....Goldberg will win, but it won't be clean.....they'll have a rematch.....Lesnar will win that and then they'll have one more match at WM.
I just find it really hard to believe that Goldberg signed on the line that is dotted to come back to be Lesnar's chew toy in a one-off.

Users who are viewing this thread