What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (11 Viewers)

I was thoroughly unimpressed with that promo. Was a bit too over the top/cringey for me. I didn't know what the hell he was talking about, and that scream at the end, I tried to contain myself but I just burst out laughing.
What I didn't like is they had a chance to tell a complex story and turn Bray into a sympathetic character... but now I'm preeeeeeeeeeeetty sure invoking Satan can't ever be done with good or even grey motives.

hagmania said:
What I didn't like is they had a chance to tell a complex story and turn Bray into a sympathetic character... but now I'm preeeeeeeeeeeetty sure invoking Satan can't ever be done with good or even grey motives.
That's a good point. They definitely could've made Bray the face in this. I like it. 

The Detroit territory had a "Bulldog" Don Kent that was a great, well-hated villain as well. It must be standard issue. I used to love that he would go nuts when the crowd would bark at him.
I remember a feud between Bulldog Brower and Mil Mascaras (one of my all time favorites) back in the 70s.  For weeks on the broadcast, Brower would go berserk just walking around shouting "MASCARAS!"... "MASCARAS!"..  "MASCARAS!"  with that facial tick of his.  

And who can forget The Mighty Igor?  Here's one clip I found of Bulldog vs Mighty Igor.  Bulldog's classic facial tick/mannerisms at :24-:30.  Good stuff.  Great villain.  

Smoked glasses on the ring announcer - :lmao:

Time limit is until curfew? :lol:

And course, Tommy Young - the ref guaranteed to take a bump during a championship match. :lmao:  
Tommy Young must have officiated over 4 million wrestling matches in his time.  He was always in there getting banged around.  

Tommy Young must have officiated over 4 million wrestling matches in his time.  He was always in there getting banged around.  
I love Tommy Young.  I've met him out and about many times over the years.  Even after not seeing me for years, he still remembers my name.  Just an awesome guy.

Assume we've seen the last of Paige? She's been a mess for a couple of years now. What a fall from grace. 

I remember a feud between Bulldog Brower and Mil Mascaras (one of my all time favorites) back in the 70s.  For weeks on the broadcast, Brower would go berserk just walking around shouting "MASCARAS!"... "MASCARAS!"..  "MASCARAS!"  with that facial tick of his.  

And who can forget The Mighty Igor?  Here's one clip I found of Bulldog vs Mighty Igor.  Bulldog's classic facial tick/mannerisms at :24-:30.  Good stuff.  Great villain.  
When Igor wrestled in the Detroit territory he used to carry a two by four called "The Board of  Education". Hacksaw Jim Duggan totally ripped that off....

Will be interesting to see if Xavier Woods suffers any backlash for the video and if he reacts to it in any way.

#upupdowndown takes on a whole new meaning.

Assume we've seen the last of Paige? She's been a mess for a couple of years now. What a fall from grace. 
I think the WWE would get a lot of negative backlash if they let Paige go because of this. She's the victim. Someone committed a crime. Besides, they didn't let Rollins go when his nude pic was leaked online, they just pretended it never happened.

Plus, they'd have to fire Woods as well. I don't see that happening.

Goldberg came back to so his wife and son could see him wrestle for the 1st time. They're still waiting.

Not watching Raw but read their were "We Want Paige" and "New Day ####s" chants pre-show. :lmao:  

I think the WWE would get a lot of negative backlash if they let Paige go because of this. She's the victim. Someone committed a crime. Besides, they didn't let Rollins go when his nude pic was leaked online, they just pretended it never happened.

Plus, they'd have to fire Woods as well. I don't see that happening.
Don't recall having 2 subtance violations. Messing w another wrestling agency. Or him busting a nut on a WWE title.... The same title other champs and KIDS later held/kissed.

I dunno... seems completely logical for her to be dismissed, with a lot more reason than Rollins.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Don't recall having 2 subtance violations. Messing w another wrestling agency. Or him busting a nut on a WWE title.... The same title other champs and KIDS later held/kissed.

I dunno... seems completely logical for her to be dismissed, with a lot more reason than Rollins.
Yeah, Rollins only got caught cheating on his fiancée with a co-worker by posting a pic of the co-worker nude, which then resulted in his fiancée posting a picture of him nude in retaliation. So much better.

It would be a bad look for the WWE to break her off after having this happen. Chances are the facts about the two Wellness Policy violations (which could be considered dubious in light of her neck injury) would be forgotten/ignored. It would be looked as a woman getting fired for being hacked. Regardless of her own antics, you really can't break her off for something that really isn't her fault.

Dave Meltzer says no discipline for anyone involved in the sex tape. Xavier's New Day act is too over (not like it was HIM that leaked the video anyway) and Paige was the victim here, so it'd set a really bad precedent.

In fact, in some really ####ed up way, Paige may have somehow bought even more job security between this and the movie. She's gotta be untouchable now, even if she never steps foot in the ring again for years.

DDP Yoga update: I did the first two days Sunday and Monday. The workouts are very user-friendly; in fact, DDP shows you modifications to the workouts based on your physical limitations. He makes sure to "make the workout your own".  He even says that if you need a break, "hit the pause button and shut me up for a while". :lmao:  

Some of the moves are probably yoga moves, like table/broken table, cat arch/cat lift, etc. However, some of them have got to be DDP's invention; catcher, warrior, superstar, gimme gimme gimme, and, of course - the Diamond Cutter and "Hulk it UPPPPP!". He uses dynamic resistance and all of the workouts I've seen so far are really LOW impact, but it does raise your heart rate.

I've done the wake up routine and it really does wake up your body. I did it before church on Sunday and I was able to stand longer through the worship portion of the service than I usually could. Plus, my body just felt different.

Right now, I'm drinking the Kool-Aid.

Did see the second video as well. That poor NXT belt. It will never be on TV where that isn't what I think of.

DDP Yoga update: I did the first two days Sunday and Monday. The workouts are very user-friendly; in fact, DDP shows you modifications to the workouts based on your physical limitations. He makes sure to "make the workout your own".  He even says that if you need a break, "hit the pause button and shut me up for a while". :lmao:  

Some of the moves are probably yoga moves, like table/broken table, cat arch/cat lift, etc. However, some of them have got to be DDP's invention; catcher, warrior, superstar, gimme gimme gimme, and, of course - the Diamond Cutter and "Hulk it UPPPPP!". He uses dynamic resistance and all of the workouts I've seen so far are really LOW impact, but it does raise your heart rate.

I've done the wake up routine and it really does wake up your body. I did it before church on Sunday and I was able to stand longer through the worship portion of the service than I usually could. Plus, my body just felt different.

Right now, I'm drinking the Kool-Aid.
I lost about 40 lbs on DDP Yoga (which is all I had to lose) and kept it off for about a year before I got lazy and gained half of it back.  I ordered the DVDs and eventually got bored doing the same workouts over and over.  But it certainly works if you have the discipline.  I guess there's an app now or something?  :oldunsure:

I lost about 40 lbs on DDP Yoga (which is all I had to lose) and kept it off for about a year before I got lazy and gained half of it back.  I ordered the DVDs and eventually got bored doing the same workouts over and over.  But it certainly works if you have the discipline.  I guess there's an app now or something?  :oldunsure:
Yup. 

Users who are viewing this thread