What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (10 Viewers)

DDP Yoga update: I did the first two days Sunday and Monday. The workouts are very user-friendly; in fact, DDP shows you modifications to the workouts based on your physical limitations. He makes sure to "make the workout your own".  He even says that if you need a break, "hit the pause button and shut me up for a while". :lmao:  

Some of the moves are probably yoga moves, like table/broken table, cat arch/cat lift, etc. However, some of them have got to be DDP's invention; catcher, warrior, superstar, gimme gimme gimme, and, of course - the Diamond Cutter and "Hulk it UPPPPP!". He uses dynamic resistance and all of the workouts I've seen so far are really LOW impact, but it does raise your heart rate.

I've done the wake up routine and it really does wake up your body. I did it before church on Sunday and I was able to stand longer through the worship portion of the service than I usually could. Plus, my body just felt different.

Right now, I'm drinking the Kool-Aid.
I've been doing it for 3+ weeks now and I freakin love it. I'm down 12 pounds, feel a ton stronger and the workouts wake me up better than coffee and put me in a great mood (and I'm usually a miserable **** if I'm being honest).   Plus his nutrition videos helped me find a gluten free pizza crust that isn't completely dog crap.  Highly recommend.   :thumbup:

WWE reportedly in talks to buy ROH. Good. Have the show replace 205 Live if having the promotion continue. Outside Aries and Neville, there's nothing there. No one gives a flying #### about these guys. Put them in a proper sized venue if you want to emphasize wrestling with no character development.

Last edited by a moderator:
WWE reportedly in talks to buy ROH. Good. Have the show replace 205 Live if having the promotion continue. Outside Aries and Neville, there's nothing there. No one gives a flying #### about these guys. Put them in a proper sized venue if you want to emphasize wrestling with no character development.

I wouldn't be opposed to this at all. RoH has long lost steam.

Also, I really don't know why WWE officials thought 205Live would get over with absolutely zero build to the characters at all. We've been given little incentive to care about anyone in 205Live outside of Neville, Aries, and Gallagher.

Gallagher.
Forgot about him. He's a decent comedy character. Other those 3 (Aries/Neville), I see zero in the rest of the guys as singles guys in WWE. Maybe commit to tag division and hope you strike with putting a couple of these guys together. (if you've got to keep them rostered)

I've never seen much in Brian Kendrick. Thought he and London together were decent enough. Maybe he's someone that can guest train or something in NXT. 

One thing is for sure: 205 Live is a colossal waste of time (and money) for WWE. If you're going make content for WWE Network, imagine they want something people actually watch. 205 is a weird name when 90% of the guys aren't within 20 pounds of that. Could you imagine a UFC 205'er next to some of these guys? :lmao:  

I know Shane gets some love for his big matches and his willingness to put his body at great risk with big moves, but man his "base" offense, those boxing type strikes are embarrassingly awful.  They look so ####### fake.  Also, love the Miz/Maryse Cena/Bella build, but this recent push of Cena and Bella mixed matches where they synchronize their moves is getting so cringeworthy

UGH.

Are you guys serious about the DDP yoga stuff?? Can you elaborate?

Is this a package of some sort? Kimberly in any sort of video??

Are you guys serious about the DDP yoga stuff?? Can you elaborate?

Is this a package of some sort? Kimberly in any sort of video??
I've used it in the past, and it truly is good stuff.  I need to get my ### back in gear and doing DDP (yoga) again.  It started as a set of DVDs with a bunch of different yoga programs and also a nutrition/diet program.  He's transitioned to an app based setup now where I believe it is subscription based to get the content, maybe that is more varied and dynamic stuff?  I don't know, I paid for the DVDs and I'm good with just using those for now.  Don't see the need to go to the app product unless others here have good reasons to point out.

I have his DVD set buried in a box somewhere. I'm also fat, so having DDP Yoga buried in a box is probably something that should not be allowed to happen. :bag:  

1 - JR's wife passed away. Very sad deal.

2 - Even with no character development, I like Ariya Davari and think he's great in-ring. It's a homer pick for me as he's from the Twin Cities, but he's fun to watch (and had a great heel character locally).

3 - Paige really likes the glaze. And I liked watching her like the glaze.

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Hardys closed their online store. WWE return appears imminent :excited:  
That's unfortunate. 0% chance they'd be able to keep their creative freedom.

Not liking the idea of WWE buying out ROH either. Bad for wrestling in every way.  Post-2001 was one of the darkest time frames for wrestling once WWE bought WCW, because the business became mostly about who Vince liked and nothing more. Fewer alternatives to WWE can only be a bad thing, especially since WWE is at best the 3rd best promotion from a match quality standpoint. 

Not liking the idea of WWE buying out ROH either. Bad for wrestling in every way.  Post-2001 was one of the darkest time frames for wrestling once WWE bought WCW, because the business became mostly about who Vince liked and nothing more. Fewer alternatives to WWE can only be a bad thing, especially since WWE is at best the 3rd best promotion from a match quality standpoint. 

Word is WWE was looking at licensing past RoH footage and maybe bringing the TV show to the WWE Network. No buyout.

Wait...you're going to have an elimination match for the RAW Women's title Sunday at Wrestlemania, so you put them in a tag team match to jerk the curtain on RAW the Monday before? :loco:  

Wait...you're going to have an elimination match for the RAW Women's title Sunday at Wrestlemania, so you put them in a tag team match to jerk the curtain on RAW the Monday before? :loco:  
Speaking which ( from @WWECreative_ish):

It's a fatal fourway elimination match because filling four hours of WrestleMania is tough #RAW

I didn't even watch it.  I tuned in around the 9pm hour and then fell asleep by 915.  Getting pretty tired of seeing the same crap recycled over and over.

I went too hard too fast in my return to pro wrestling. One thing is for certain if I stick around another year - no spoilers/rumormongering for me after the December PVP until Mania. Who knows how long it will last, but I want to at least try and see the product how the company presents it.

I think the Mania card is really set up to allow Smackdown to carry the wrestling while RAW fills the story. HHH-Seth, Roman-Taker, and Brock-Goldberg are all looking like short/story matches instead of OMG workrate gems. SD counters with Bray-Orton and AJ-Shane, which can go longer and feature more high spots. I think the card is really stacked. My only concern is the lack of a comedy match, which means they are relying entirely on the New Day to bring some levity to the 6+ hour card. 

Updated WM 33 card

WWE Universal Title Match Brock Lesnar vs. Bill GoldbergWWE Title Match Randy Orton vs. Bray WyattFatal 4 Way Elimination Match for the RAW Women's Title Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair vs. BayleyWWE United States Title Match Kevin Owens vs. Chris JerichoWWE Intercontinental Title Match Baron Corbin vs. Dean AmbroseTriple Threat for the RAW Tag Team Titles Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Sheamus & Cesaro vs. Luke Gallows & Karl AndersonSmackDown Women's Title Match Mickie James vs. Carmella vs. Natalya vs. Becky Lynch vs. Alexa Bliss (other participants possible)Non-Sanctioned Match Triple H vs. Seth RollinsAndre the Giant Memorial Battle RoyalMojo Rawley, Apollo Crews, Big Show, Curt Hawkins, Goldust, R-Truth, Primo, Epico, Curtis Axel, Jinder Mahal, Bo Dallas, Braun Strowman and others TBARoman Reigns vs. The UndertakerJohn Cena and Nikki Bella vs. The Miz and MaryseShane McMahon vs. AJ StylesKickoff Pre-show: WWE Cruiserweight Title Match Austin Aries vs. Neville

Alberto El Patron and Paige getting married tomorrow.

I doesn't matter how many times you try to break us... is not gonna happen... we were harassed by a company we still are... cause you don't fool me MF's I know I was you trying to destroy us... destroy my baby... she's better stronger than all of you pieces of ?
We are getting married Wednesday ...
Have a nice and go and F... yourself hatters
:shrug:  

I went too hard too fast in my return to pro wrestling. One thing is for certain if I stick around another year - no spoilers/rumormongering for me after the December PVP until Mania. Who knows how long it will last, but I want to at least try and see the product how the company presents it.
That's the thing with WWE. You can't overfeast on today's product. It's not interesting enough. The rumors oftentimes are more interesting than the bland, flavorless onscreen product we get each week.

They sure are setting up Goldberg for a colossal fall at WM.  
Judging by WWE norms where whoever gets the upper hand at the preceding RAW loses, these will be your winners...

Lesnar

Charlotte

Rollins

Owens

Reigns-Taker is unclear

Tag Title unclear but champs will not retain

Just like the Rumble, feels like Mania is gonna be a Raw PPV with a couple of bones thrown to Smackdown.

Dean/Baron didn't even get any screentime tonight. D:

Loving The Miz/Cena stuff......

ETA: Kind of hoping that Maryse ball bats Nikkis knee before the match and gets disqualified because I'm not a big fan of the mixed match. 

Users who are viewing this thread