Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

7 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

LOL at Balor being too small. It's like you forgot the Daniel Bryan run...they are just getting Balor out there faster by having him be equal to the bigs from the jump. 

Balor is small but brings legit offense because he relies on strikes and lots of speed (he looked FAST last night). 

So how is he different from Neville?  The unique intro when he goes demon mode?

• Replies 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJackson10

• Tom Servo

• Craig_MiamiFL

• Bogart

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to get on the road...     to Wrestlemania! I don't have exceptional seats, but I'll take a lot of pictures to share.

My 9 year said he would have liked Nakamura's intro if he didn't have that stupid violin player    but then I hit him with a Kinshasa and he piped down

BAYLEY to belly....big difference guy. 

Just now, coyote5 said:

So how is he different from Neville?  The unique intro when he goes demon mode?

Balor is super handsome and has the internet wankers behind him because he was in the Bullet Club/Japan for so long. 

Neville has a Cruiserweight is awesome - bring legitimacy to the division and gravity to the belt.

Balor as a heavyweight is also awesome - someone for the kids to get behind while producing good matches in the upper half of the card.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

LOL at Balor being too small. It's like you forgot the Daniel Bryan run...they are just getting Balor out there faster by having him be equal to the bigs from the jump. 

Balor is small but brings legit offense because he relies on strikes and lots of speed (he looked FAST last night). 

Too small to throw him up against Lesnar, yes.  Not too small for Seth Rollins, though Rollins was visibly bigger.  

And yes, he looked really fast last night.  

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Tradition.  Go out on your back and put the young talent over.  Taker by all accounts is as old school as they come so there was no way he was going to win his final match.

Oh, I get it.

1.  Not much of a Taker fan.  Appreciate his service and all that, but that's about it.

2.  Not a RR fan.  IMO, it won't change anything with him.  They should have built this final match up against someone else.

3.  The time to hang them up would have been when he put Lesnar WAY over by tossing his streak to the side.  Yes, Lesnar is not "young talent" (I'd argue the same for RR), but the streak was a massive bump to whoever was going to break it.  It's not like the Taker has done anything worthwhile since.

So, basically to me, he went out a loser...he should have always went out when the streak ended.  Maybe from your perspective, Vince and the creative gang are the losers here, and I'm fine with that too.

1 hour ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

I like Balor....but he doesn't move those ropes when he bounces off of them. 

He didn't look out of place against Samoa Joe........but it wouldn't be funny him against Lesnar. 

Just now, Thunderlips said:

That was Eva marie heat. 

LOL. Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Always fun to see Internet %^&*@! fans show up around Mania to explain to use normals that a crowd making noise for 10 straight minutes is a bad thing. Blah blah blah "I'm so smart that I'm booing for this reason and not that reason" blah blah blah. 

5 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

LOL. Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Always fun to see Internet %^&*@! fans show up around Mania to explain to use normals that a crowd making noise for 10 straight minutes is a bad thing. Blah blah blah "I'm so smart that I'm booing for this reason and not that reason" blah blah blah. 

Not at all. More of a "heat" adjective.....there's Heat....then there's "Eva Marie"Heat.  Still probably not on the level of "Breaking Dusty's Ankle" heat though. I was just in awe of it and had only seen something like that recently at the NXT in Upper Darby for Eva a year or so ago.   I don't understand the disdain for RR as I think he's worked in a number of very, very good matches since the Philly Royal Rumble.  

Edited by Thunderlips
  • Like 1

I always remember the Mega Powers break up when Macho wouldn't tag in Hogan.  Back then, when you were a kid, that kind of stuff was brutal.

Jericho had a nice turn as well.

Gotta be Hogan/nWo though.

• Like 1

Cena vs. CM Punk in Chicago was nuclear heat.

The Freebirds vs. The Von Erichs in Dallas would create intense heat every single week for a good year. How those guys didn't get shot for real is beyond me.

1 hour ago, Thunderlips said:

Not at all. More of a "heat" adjective.....there's Heat....then there's "Eva Marie"Heat.  Still probably not on the level of "Breaking Dusty's Ankle" heat though. I was just in awe of it and had only seen something like that recently at the NXT in Upper Darby for Eva a year or so ago.   I don't understand the disdain for RR as I think he's worked in a number of very, very good matches since the Philly Royal Rumble.  

I went to an NXT show one time and Eva Marie had by FAR the most heat of anyone there.  The crowd absolutely despised her.  I couldn't believe how hated she was.

I loved how Reigns handled that last night.  He didn't offer any respect for the Undertaker at all.   If they just let him be that arrogant all the time they will make so much money with him as a heel. 

• Like 1

The heat Larry Zbyszko got after cracking Bruno's skull open was as intense as it got.

I remember being a kid and liking Larry because he was a face and Polish. As a Polock, I always wanted a babyface team of Larry and Ivan Putski.

But after that chair shot and Bruno bleeding like a stuck pig, I hated that guy and tried to get my dad to take me to Shea Stadium so I could see him get his @$$ beat.

That was almost 40 years ago and I STILL fn hate the guy.

Edited by Dope
because 40 tears sound like I got the gay
  • Like 8
24 minutes ago, Dope said:

The heat Larry Zbyszko got after cracking Bruno's skull open was as intense as it got.

Was going to bring up Zbyszko, but it was a bit before my time, and I didn't start seeing Larry wrestle until he was in the NWA and then the AWA. But the stories are legendary. From Wikipedia:

So despised was Zbyszko by partisan Sammartino fans in the northeast that his car was repeatedly damaged and taxis in which he was travelling were overturned by fans. Zbyszko was struck with an iron pole following a match with Ivan Putski, and was stabbed in the buttock following a match with Pedro Morales in the Washington Avenue Armory in Albany, New York.

1 hour ago, Bogart said:

Was going to bring up Zbyszko, but it was a bit before my time, and I didn't start seeing Larry wrestle until he was in the NWA and then the AWA. But the stories are legendary. From Wikipedia:

The turn

Larry Legend on the night he got stabbed in the butt. :lmao: 

Edited by Tom Servo
23 hours ago, bcdjr1 said:

The crowd isn't happy with Reigns/Lesnar as the next big matchup. You knew it was coming, though. Unless Vince takes a cue from the Universe and subs Balor for Reigns, you're going to have an unhappy Universe headed to SummerSlam.

As a long time rasslin fan, Balor can't beat him. He can't. Rollins. KO. Samoa Joe. Styles. That it is it. Throw the sheeple Strowman. Really?

I would know include Nakamura. Fools gold. Yes.

Edited by Tony Jabroni
14 hours ago, Thunderlips said:

Which brings me to this:

What is the all time "heat" moment in wrestling?...specifically for a heel.

Warrior - Hogan.  By far hottest I've seen a crowd.

Hogan turning NwO a distant second.

The heat on Reigns at Raw was right there with the first Austin-Rock match.

Right below would be ones like the Punk shoot, Luger winning the title over Hollywood Hogan, etc.

10 hours ago, Tony Jabroni said:

As a long time rasslin fan, Balor can't beat him. He can't. Rollins. KO. Samoa Joe. Styles. That it is it. Throw the sheeple Strowman. Really?

I would know include Nakamura. Fools gold. Yes.

You do know that it's fixed and therefore anyone can beat anyone, right?

David Arquette and Rey Mysterio have been past World Champions.

If you wanted to go the realistic route, Andre the Giant and The Big Show would've been undefeated champions for years. Both showed that they could flip cars by themselves in real life. They aren't losing if they don't want to. Sure, sufficient skill can overcome strength, but the amount of skill needed to beat strength increases at a much faster rate than the amount of strength needed to beat skill. And they have/had a LOT of strength.

They need to seriously run with the RR hate. My storyline would be for Vince to say, now that Steph has been injured, he is concerned about the rest of his family so he needs a bodyguard.  Run a storyline of who is the bodyguard going to be and then introduce Reigns. Just basically have him destroy anyone who opposes Vince (yeah,I know we have seen this before) but you talk about a guy who could pull this off--RR is perfect. Then when the moment is right, down the road, he turns on Vince--the crowd would embrace him and he maybe can lose some of the negative heat.

Creative needs to learn the art of the slow build---this whole create a beef and make sure it is resolved at the next PPV three weeks later has to go. They have a wealth (almost too much) talent and they really need to do more than "who can we throw together in a three way match" tonight on RAW 

10 hours ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Brock wins. He looks like something that climbed out of the Earth's molten core and yelled "I'M HERE, MOTHER####ERS!!!!" instead of being born.

:lmao:

Also :lmao:

Nia Jax is the most intimidating human I’ve ever laid eyes on; she’s a formidable, close to 300-pound woman who is stunningly beautiful and probably eats the ground-up bones of her opponents for breakfast.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Tony Jabroni said:

NAKAMURA

That violin player was cool.  It took me a while to figure out why he was there as I haven't watched NXT in a while and I've only seen Nakamura a couple times.  Great intro. 

4 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

That violin player was cool.  It took me a while to figure out why he was there as I haven't watched NXT in a while and I've only seen Nakamura a couple times.  Great intro. 

My 9 year said he would have liked Nakamura's intro if he didn't have that stupid violin player :lmao:  

but then I hit him with a Kinshasa and he piped down

• Like 10
On 4/4/2017 at 11:35 AM, Bogart said:

Finn is 5'11, 190 lbs, Daniel Bryan is 5'8", 210. 

Finn puts 20-25 pounds of WWE muscle and he wouldn't look small against anyone outside of Brock.

Easy there Vince.  Not everyone has to be on roids in your damn company.

• Like 1

What's the best case scenario for Tye Dillinger on the main roster? I'm happy he made the main roster, but at 35 years old, I kind of thought his best role would be NXT Gatekeeper. Scrappy underdog for the IC Title? A Zack Ryder type run with the US Title? Will be really interesting to see where he falls in line with the other NXT Alumni.  

On 4/5/2017 at 7:35 AM, bcdjr1 said:

You do know that it's fixed and therefore anyone can beat anyone, right?

David Arquette and Rey Mysterio have been past World Champions.

If you wanted to go the realistic route, Andre the Giant and The Big Show would've been undefeated champions for years. Both showed that they could flip cars by themselves in real life. They aren't losing if they don't want to. Sure, sufficient skill can overcome strength, but the amount of skill needed to beat strength increases at a much faster rate than the amount of strength needed to beat skill. And they have/had a LOT of strength.

Yes, I understand this. 

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, Bogart said:

What's the best case scenario for Tye Dillinger on the main roster? I'm happy he made the main roster, but at 35 years old, I kind of thought his best role would be NXT Gatekeeper. Scrappy underdog for the IC Title? A Zack Ryder type run with the US Title? Will be really interesting to see where he falls in line with the other NXT Alumni.  

Zack Ryder seems like a good comp.  Doesn't feel like a main event level star to me, but we'll see. 

21 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Appears Mauro is done with WWE. No longer has WWE in his profile.

That's a shame.  He's the best announcer they've had since Jim Ross IMO (though not quite in his league). 

• Like 2
On 4/4/2017 at 11:55 PM, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Brock wins. He looks like something that climbed out of the Earth's molten core and yelled "I'M HERE, MOTHERF****RS!!!!" instead of being born.

:lmao:

Edited by ShamrockPride
On 4/4/2017 at 0:56 PM, Thunderlips said:

Which brings me to this:

What is the all time "heat" moment in wrestling?...specifically for a heel.

Probably not an all-time moment but for 7YO me, watching Superstar Billy Ghaham come out and demolish Backlund's title belt and then Backlund crying over his destroyed title belt -- that was up there as far as psychological drama went, for lil Ahrny. :lmao:  I'm still getting a little misty thinking about it.    

But for me the All time Heat moment for a heel was Piper's Pit with Snuka.  

Edited by AhrnCityPahnder
  • Like 4