What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (7 Viewers)

Mike Mondo and Kenny Doane of Spirit Squad answered the Young Bucks open challenge for the RoH tag team titles. :lmao:  

This whole build with Cole and the Bucks and Bullet Club is probably the best storyline in wrestling in 2017, and its not a coincidence that it involves zero writers, and just wrestlers being themselves. 

I'm actually somewhat selfishly kind of sad that Cole seems NXT bound. Kinda feels like going to WWE is a downgrade for him and the creative freedom he had, just as it was for the Hardys. Of course, the paychecks probably will cancel that out.

travdogg said:
This whole build with Cole and the Bucks and Bullet Club is probably the best storyline in wrestling in 2017, and its not a coincidence that it involves zero writers, and just wrestlers being themselves. 

I'm actually somewhat selfishly kind of sad that Cole seems NXT bound. Kinda feels like going to WWE is a downgrade for him and the creative freedom he had, just as it was for the Hardys. Of course, the paychecks probably will cancel that out.
Between the money and his GF Britt Baker, I think he'll be fine.

Two matches this weekend - Tyler Bate v Pete Dunne & Fashion Police v Usos - were two of my favorite matches evah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really creative ending in the AJ-KO match, and KO was gold on Talking Smack afterwards.  :thumbup:

I like putting the belt on Mahal. The announcers certainly played up the shock factor and JBL reaaaaaallly likes to say "Maharaja".

The Nakamura - Ziggler match was mildly disappointing.  The internet crowd really hyped it up as a possible show stealer, and it wasn't quite that. 

I hate that every tag team has to have their "Barbershop Moment" and break up. Especially hate it for DIY, as they just played the role of scrappy underdogs better than I have seen since early Hardys. That said, that was done extremely well Saturday night and should lead to some epic matches for the next few months.

Interesting indie promotion, Imperial Wrestling, out of Oklahoma, doing three shows back-to-back-to-back nights in the Dallas/Fort Worth area this weekend. Victoria, MVP, Chavo Guerrero Jr. Rachael Ellering  , and Kevin VonErich's boys. Marshall and Ross, and Hacksaw Jim Duggan all scheduled to appear. Should be a nice little show. Some of the tickets are pricey ($100 for first two rows), but I like what they are trying. Down here, the Von Erich name is still royalty and will sell some seats.

Interesting indie promotion, Imperial Wrestling, out of Oklahoma, doing three shows back-to-back-to-back nights in the Dallas/Fort Worth area this weekend. Victoria, MVP, Chavo Guerrero Jr. Rachael Ellering  , and Kevin VonErich's boys. Marshall and Ross, and Hacksaw Jim Duggan all scheduled to appear. Should be a nice little show. Some of the tickets are pricey ($100 for first two rows), but I like what they are trying. Down here, the Von Erich name is still royalty and will sell some seats.
I saw the poster for the event on twitter. Looks like a good show. 

BTW, are you close to where Wrestlecircus operates? I saw they're looking at a new building to expand their operations.  :thumbup:

I saw the poster for the event on twitter. Looks like a good show. 

BTW, are you close to where Wrestlecircus operates? I saw they're looking at a new building to expand their operations.  :thumbup:
I'm in Fort Worth, they are in Austin, about a 3 hour drive. Honestly, I need to make a show down there. Love Austin and always looking for an excuse to drive down.

Extreme Rules Predictions:

Rich Swann and Sasha Banks over Noam Dar and Alicia Fox - Banks is the biggest star and they need Swann and Banks dancing at the end

Neville submits Austin Aries - Aries doesn't need the belt, Neville's whole gimmick is King of the Cruiserweights

Cesaro and Sheamus over The Hardy Boys - Brutal cage match and will launch Matt's Broken Gimmick after they lose by Jeff eating the pin

Alexa Bliss over Bayley - just because I'm in love with Bliss at a Stacy Keibler level. Can't wait to see Reddit's Wrestle With The Plot after the match

The Miz over Ambrose - kind of like Neville, Miz is better with a title, namely the IC belt. Leaves Ambrose to dip his toe in the Universal Title hunt. The Champ loses if he is DQd is a stupid rule, but probably comes into play

Samoa Joe over Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Finn Balor and Bray Wyatt - no way Lesnar loses his first title defense after putting over Goldberg 2 out of 3 times in quick fashion, so they need someone to do the honors. I don't see that being Reigns, Rollins or Finn, so you have Joe win his biggest match since coming into the WWE and then is fed to the Beast at Summerslam in a match everyone wants to see anyway

Noteworthy Betting Odds For Sunday's WWE Extreme Rules
By The Doc
Jun 3, 2017 - 1:31:20 PM

The composite of several sports books suggests that the betting odds for tomorrow night's Extreme Rules event heavily favor Samoa Joe to win the Fatal 5-Way #1 Contender Match for Brock Lesnar's Universal Championship and Sheamus & Cesaro to win the Tag Team Championships. The Miz is currently a strong but not overwhelming (around 8 to 1) favorite over Dean Ambrose. Neville, Alexa Bliss, and the team of Sasha Banks and Rich Swann are slightly favored. 

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Betting_Odds.html#ZPiXplPdTfEf0Pc2.99

No way...(?)
I did not see the source material from SBJ but their work is typically very good so I have no real reason to doubt it but that jump between 2006 and 2016 is amazing.

It is worth noting that the rise in median here is helped by the fact that younger viewers are more likely to be using digital platforms and Nielsen is still playing catch up in that area.

Cornette cuts a promo on Vince Russo This feud just got ramped up. I'm not sure of the whole story, but apparently Cornette was on Table for 3 and Russo got trashed. So Russo is looking for a chance to debate or discuss this on a podcast. Cornette cuts a real life promo on Russo.

JC may be more mad at Russo now that he ever has been at Mark Madden. :lmao:  

Cornette cuts a promo on Vince Russo This feud just got ramped up. I'm not sure of the whole story, but apparently Cornette was on Table for 3 and Russo got trashed. So Russo is looking for a chance to debate or discuss this on a podcast. Cornette cuts a real life promo on Russo.

JC may be more mad at Russo now that he ever has been at Mark Madden. :lmao:  
"I'll bring  $5,000 , it's yours if you can take it from me"

Cornette's Russo schtick is more tiresome than big show and Kane combined. Russo laid out the truth in response. Really sad 20 years later this still eats cornette up inside. The reality of it is Russo schtick is all cornette has left. He had zero involvement in the most successful period in wrestling history :shrug: And with zero involvement, he can't speak on it nor have any stories. That's what the masses want to hear about. Not Smokey mountain/southern rasslin.

They've already been offered big money to do face to face interviews....cornette declined. He has nothing beyond name calling. There's zero substance. 

Users who are viewing this thread