What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Tom Servo said:
The main event? Vincent Kennedy McMahon played us all. You had Dana White set up a likely Brock return to UFC, the IWC rises up in outrage at the prospect of Vince's Ride or Die winning the belt. The match is booked like Reigns is going to survive 4 F5s and rise up and win the belt...except he didn't.  SWERVE!!! VKM played all of us like a fiddle right up until the end, and then yanked the rug right out from under everyone. The result we all expected did not happen. In the end, the carny always wins. Sorry about our darn luck.
Fine, it was a swerve, VKM got us.  But the match was still pretty much trash, and I gotta say I was fairly surprised they went with color and decided to have that ending be the lasting image to close out the show.  Again, VKM with the swerve I guess (Give 'em the crimson mask, pal!) but it feels like an empty one and didn't leave me feeling very satisfied. 

Hopefully the sad wobbly walk up the ramp for Roman, truly the last shot of WM, is leading to some meaningful shift in his booking.  The guy can really go in the ring, and his promos leading up to the match were interesting and resonating with me, but I feel like they took all that good will he was starting to generate - the working man fighting for the boys in the back vs the monster who doesn't give a #### about anyone in the back or anything except the number of zeros on his check (by most accounts an accurate real life portrayal of Brock) and kinda flushed it.

Does he open RAW tonight and take 10 minutes of boos to say "It's Brocks yard now."  mic drop  :P   :fishing:

Fine, it was a swerve, VKM got us.  But the match was still pretty much trash, and I gotta say I was fairly surprised they went with color and decided to have that ending be the lasting image to close out the show.  Again, VKM with the swerve I guess (Give 'em the crimson mask, pal!) but it feels like an empty one and didn't leave me feeling very satisfied. 

Hopefully the sad wobbly walk up the ramp for Roman, truly the last shot of WM, is leading to some meaningful shift in his booking.  The guy can really go in the ring, and his promos leading up to the match were interesting and resonating with me, but I feel like they took all that good will he was starting to generate - the working man fighting for the boys in the back vs the monster who doesn't give a #### about anyone in the back or anything except the number of zeros on his check (by most accounts an accurate real life portrayal of Brock) and kinda flushed it.

Does he open RAW tonight and take 10 minutes of boos to say "It's Brocks yard now."  mic drop  :P   :fishing:
Oh, no doubt the match was trash - I really wasn't expecting Flair-Steamboat out there - I was more speaking to the booking of the match.

I can't really buy the "working man" gimmick on RR; to me, he's just a different type of thug from Lesnar. At least Lesnar looks, talks and acts like a beast which I can respect. I can't get behind Reign the Joe Sixpack reppin' the boys.

Bleacher Report reporting that Vince and Brock get heated after WM

At this point, who knows what's a work and what's a shoot, but looking back on that match, I could see Brock (and Reigns?) going off script. If I'm Reigns, I'm thinking, "WTF do I have to do to win over this crowd? Dude, punch me in the head." and if I'm Lesnar, I'm thinking "I'm not getting booed off another WM main event, time to make someone bleed"

You can trash the match, but man I loved Reigns at the end. No doubt that shot from Lesnar hurts (Right Randy?), but not only does he take it, not only does he bleed like a stuck pig, then you get a great visual, and last gasp effort and then eat the pin.

I'm more interested than ever in what they do with Reigns. I would still try and put The Shield back together and let them hold IC and Tag gold, and slow burn the fact that Reigns can't win the big one. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicholas identified

Nicholas, the young boy who plucked out of the crowd to win the Raw Tag Team championship with Braun Strowman was portrayed by the son of longtime WWE official John Cone, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

The young boy received a rousing reception earlier this morning when he returned to WWE's hotel in New Orleans.

fans on site are reporting that when Roman walked away there was no cut nor bandage and he had stopped bleeding, so that gives more credence that it was a blood pack again.

Rumors swirling around that Bobby Lashley wanted Brock Lesnar at Summerslam in a title match in his contract.  He could show up as early as tonight on RAW.

I'm guess RR wins the title tonight on Raw and that's the end of Lesnar as he heads to UFC

I wish the crowd would try going meta by cheering lustily for Roman just to see how it feels. It can be over the top Hogan in the 80s like support...just HAVE FUN with it. Constantly complaining about the story is not fun, amiright? 

How do you book Rousey now? Looking at the women's roster, all the fun matches for her, in my opinion, would be over on Smackdown (Flair, Lynch, Natalya). My best guess would be they set up a program with Sonya Deville, who is rocking the MMA persona, and go from there, with maybe Rousey v. Nia Jax at SummerSlam.

Just catching up on wrestlemania now. What an absolute snooze fest styles vs nakamura was
That’s what I said. I didn’t know if I was over saturated watching so much wrestling already.

But the match was lame. They had a chance to prove THEY should be the main event and I thought it was a total dud

This Lesnar thing is working.

I can’t stand Roman Reigns and I couldn’t help but feel sympathetic for him after getting destroyed by Lesnar.

ESPN reporting Brock re-signing with WWE but could have exceptions made to allow for some UFC fights.
well that making the booking easier to understand.  That being said, this "feud" has run its course.  We don't need any more Roman the Underdog against The Beast stories. 

The fans don't care.

I like Reigns, but you're absolutely correct here
 I actually like him as well, but the angle is simply not working.  I don't think they need to repackage him but they can't continue to portray him the way they do. 

I think more fans would take to him if he was not portrayed as a Super Hero but more of an anti hero who had some edge.

How do you book Rousey now? Looking at the women's roster, all the fun matches for her, in my opinion, would be over on Smackdown (Flair, Lynch, Natalya). My best guess would be they set up a program with Sonya Deville, who is rocking the MMA persona, and go from there, with maybe Rousey v. Nia Jax at SummerSlam.
What about Asuka? That's where I thought they were heading. Undefeated Asuka vs Rousey at next year's Wrestlemania but they ruined that angle. 

I actually like him as well, but the angle is simply not working.  I don't think they need to repackage him but they can't continue to portray him the way they do. 

I think more fans would take to him if he was not portrayed as a Super Hero but more of an anti hero who had some edge.
They tried that with the "I'm not a good guy...I'm not a bad guy" schtick.  

Little late catching up. I didn't finish Wrestlemania until Monday Night, after watching Takeover Sunday afternoon, and Supercard of Honor Saturday. I think my 10 best matches of the weekend are as follows:

10. Baszler vs Moon

9. Charlotte vs Asuka

8. Black vs Almas

7. Briscoes vs Tanahashi/Lethal

6. Styles vs Nakamura, while i was hoping for better, I'm surprised so many people hated this.

5. Rousey/Angle vs Steph/HHH, Rousey was awesome and the MVP of the show, everybody underestimated how good she'd be. 

4. North American Title Ladder match

3. Castle vs Scurll, great match that had a dead crowd after the next match on the list

2. Cody vs Kenny

1. Gargano vs Ciampa, I think this is 3 weeks in a row, where I feel like the 2018 match of the year becomes a new match. 2018 is off to one hell of a start.

It was interesting attending as a "non smark".  I have been following on and off over the years, mostly through this thread...so I knew the main roster, but had no clue who the callups were.  You can't help get excited when the crowd pops for the new people. Random Thoughts:

Tickets were going for like $13 tonight, I have a feeling that Smackdown is going to be empty today.  This is potentially the 5th straight night of live WWE in the same city, people just have to be burnt out.

To be honest, the people watching is absolutely the best part.  

From a booking perspective, to not have the champ or Stroman out in the ring the day after WM just feels like a really bad missed opportunity.

Oh and Seth Rollins is awesome.  Should be the #1 star in the company IMO.  

I'm going to be honest, my favorite part of the night was the opening segment.

Stephanie was hilariously over the top in her fear of the armbar. And then as the crowd chanted Steph off, Jojo announced, "Please, a little respect for Stephanie McMahon." :lmao:

I loved that.

And yes, face Bray is already OVAH.

Did everyone else catch Elias' shock at the first "WALK WITH ELIAS!" pop? He had to compose himself. I think he might have improvised his line about punching the crowd in their face.
Having him come out and sing and then get beat down is getting old fast. Let the guy wrestle and at least show his stuff vs being a punching bag.

But onto another issue: so great, we have all these new guys now. What are you going to do with them? Creative can’t handle what they have now. I know the RAW after WM always introduces someone new, but it was like we need to fill out the roster for the Super RR.  

Joe coming out and talking smack to Reigns made zero sense because they have yet to finalize the Brock/Reigns storyline. Even if this is the plan going forward after Saudi Arabia, people will still like Joe over Reigns and Roman will find himself in the same position as he is in now. The crowd will never embrace him as the victim or the underdog so to keep trying with this narrative makes zero sense.

Did everyone else catch Elias' shock at the first "WALK WITH ELIAS!" pop? He had to compose himself. I think he might have improvised his line about punching the crowd in their face.
Was surprised how big he was even when compared to Lashay.  Obviously BL is in better shape, but still; Elias is pretty huge

Also, that was a weak main event for a post WM Raw....right?  It really didn't develop or establish a storyline at all unless for some reason Hardy will be linked in with Balor or Rollins now.....which doesn't seem to make sense or even where they were going.....just seemed like they thought Hardy back wrestling was good enough for a main event.

:shrug:

Also, that was a weak main event for a post WM Raw....right?  It really didn't develop or establish a storyline at all unless for some reason Hardy will be linked in with Balor or Rollins now.....which doesn't seem to make sense or even where they were going.....just seemed like they thought Hardy back wrestling was good enough for a main event.

:shrug:
Was a pretty weak ending. Let the heroes all get their finishers in on each of the heels. That's some pretty old-school house show type stuff there.

Joe coming out and talking smack to Reigns made zero sense because they have yet to finalize the Brock/Reigns storyline. Even if this is the plan going forward after Saudi Arabia, people will still like Joe over Reigns and Roman will find himself in the same position as he is in now. The crowd will never embrace him as the victim or the underdog so to keep trying with this narrative makes zero sense.
Heck, a *still photo* of Roman Reigns got booed last night. :lmao:  

And Nicholas "Catch These Hands" is also more over than Reigns. :lmao: :lmao:

Tuned in a little last night for the first time in a long while.  Have they not tried to go full blown heel with Reigns within the past year or two?  Or did that not work either?  Kind of felt sorry for RR when that big Samoa dude was jawing at him.

What are they doing with KO and Zayne?  That match gathered steam and the crowd got into it and they promptly killed it.  A double count out when both guys are in the ring?  

Kurt talking about one open roster spot and the winner can have it.  Then they say next week they're swapping things up between RAW and SD anyway.  Does anyone believe these guys (at least KO) won't end up on one of the shows?   :loco:

What are they doing with KO and Zayne?  That match gathered steam and the crowd got into it and they promptly killed it.  A double count out when both guys are in the ring?  

Kurt talking about one open roster spot and the winner can have it.  Then they say next week they're swapping things up between RAW and SD anyway.  Does anyone believe these guys (at least KO) won't end up on one of the shows?   :loco:
yeah, none of it made sense :shrug:

If I'm booking this, I have them show up again next week on RAW, beg for another match. Ends in Double Countout out of the ring. Monday after next, another match, double DQ. Finally, Angle books them on the Saudi Arabia show, in the steel cage (it's already going to be up), no DQ, no countout, must be a winner. One of two things happens: either Zayn just lays down for Owens ala Hogan's Finger Poke of Doom, or they do a parody of Flair/HBK with Owens doing the "I'm sorry, I love you" then pop up powerbomb for the win. Owens is on RAW, Zayn out of a job.

Few weeks from now, El Generico shows up. Crowd will eat it up.

Users who are viewing this thread