What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (13 Viewers)

Kofi is winning the title at Mania. Their commentary has subtly tilted this feud between Kofi and Vince toward race ("work twice as hard to get half as far").

Right now I think everyone goes home happy.
I agree that everyone goes home happy.

Also, the one thing we know about Wrestlemania is they want that image at the end of the show they can use for ever (DB with both titles, Rollins with the surprising cash in, etc). I think the commentary during the Main Event is that the match is only for the RAW Women's Belt. Charlotte can't lose the SD Title but she can walk out with both belts. At some point, Steph tries to interfere on behalf of Rousey, maybe attacking both Lynch and Flair, causing Banks and Bayley to come out to make the save. Lynch gets the submission on Rousey winning RAW belt, staredown with Flair as they both hold the belts, then joined by Boss and Hug as all four women hold up their belts as the screen fades to black. Curtain Call hug for the people in attendance and everyone goes home happy.

Well there you have it 

"hearing Vince is still furious about the program from Comedy Central. Hearing the topic was brought to them by two of the former plaintiffs in the concussion suit. One of the was Big Vito and he was interviewed about it. The other believed to have Been Ashley Massaro. She’s supposedly coming back to wrestle in the Indies so she needed spotlight. While some of it is true, it does put a stain on the business."

Remember when I said Jericho was told in January after signing with AEW WWE banned him from using WWE talent. Jericho confirmed it on a podcast this week that WWE has barred him from having any WWE talent on his podcast. 

I agree that everyone goes home happy.

Also, the one thing we know about Wrestlemania is they want that image at the end of the show they can use for ever (DB with both titles, Rollins with the surprising cash in, etc). I think the commentary during the Main Event is that the match is only for the RAW Women's Belt. Charlotte can't lose the SD Title but she can walk out with both belts. At some point, Steph tries to interfere on behalf of Rousey, maybe attacking both Lynch and Flair, causing Banks and Bayley to come out to make the save. Lynch gets the submission on Rousey winning RAW belt, staredown with Flair as they both hold the belts, then joined by Boss and Hug as all four women hold up their belts as the screen fades to black. Curtain Call hug for the people in attendance and everyone goes home happy.
Thank god that's not happening and it's now winner take all at Mania. 

Well there you have it 

"hearing Vince is still furious about the program from Comedy Central. Hearing the topic was brought to them by two of the former plaintiffs in the concussion suit. One of the was Big Vito and he was interviewed about it. The other believed to have Been Ashley Massaro. She’s supposedly coming back to wrestle in the Indies so she needed spotlight. While some of it is true, it does put a stain on the business."
:lol:  I'd imagine so. He wants zero chatter about their employment practices.

I heard they invited John Oliver to Mania. Presumably to pay him off like they did the judge. ;)  

Imagine ending your WM go home with Baron Corbin :lol:   

And proving in the process that someone can have a terrible match with Rey Mysterio....

The mayhem at 10pm EST was fun.  Watching a handcuffed Rousey take a couple of boots to the face was a hoot.  The only thing missing was having Jim Ross at commentary.  Good gaaaawd all hell has broken loose. let's get some security out here, COME ON!  

Or Hennan.  Reminds me of one those 70s after school women's prison movies.  (Gorilla): Oh would you stop it!  

Yeah I thought Balor should have not said anything and then just came out as the demon at WM.  Might have given that odd match a bigger pop.  

Yeah I thought Balor should have not said anything and then just came out as the demon at WM.  Might have given that odd match a bigger pop.  
Ever since the injury after winning the universal title everything they have done with Finn has been questionable. Such a waste. And I agree the demon should never be announced nor used in a match like this. 

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Imagine ending your WM go home with Baron Corbin :lol:   

And proving in the process that someone can have a terrible match with Rey Mysterio....
Rey also injured his ankle and now missing Mania now  :hot:

I'm all for using mind games like a taker type thing and tease it but don't announce it. I thought the Seth vs Demon before the match for the Universal title stuff was good 

Terrible news I learned about Tomasso Ciampi today from multiple people

"as you know Ciampa commented on his tatúa yesterday and as of today his prognosis is not good. This is the reason they brought him up they were trying to give him a Wrestlemania moment, came up short. He will not be cleared to compete in wwe again" 

Tom Servo said:
The ref no sooner counted 3 than Hogan was up. At least stay down for a couple of seconds and sell the splash.
That was the point. By kicking out the second the 3-count was made, it illustrated how close the match-up was.  In the end, one guy literally was one second better than the other guy.  All in kayfabe of course.  But that's how people are with Hogan. Even when he put a guy over, some still find something wrong with it. 

That was the point. By kicking out the second the 3-count was made, it illustrated how close the match-up was.  In the end, one guy literally was one second better than the other guy.  All in kayfabe of course.  But that's how people are with Hogan. Even when he put a guy over, some still find something wrong with it. 
Hogan hated Warrior. Just from what I've heard he did not want Warrior going over. Vince made Hogan some promises if he at least agreed to lose to Warrior but Hogan no sold most of the match. He didn't do a dam thing to put Warrior over. He just made Warrior look bad. 

Cena is already in NYC. Won't say what he'll be doing as some here apparently hate speculated rumors. or scenarios. I'll just say its not what you probably think he's gonna do. 

I love how the WrestleVotes  account now instead of reporting what they were told directly says stuff now where they do an about face. If it happens they look good if it doesn't they don't look bad or anything because they just put "This may or may not happen" or "we weren't told this is guarantee but something could happen". Their SOURCE was caught back in December and WWE officials fed the source a few things to see if they were the ones going to WrestleVotes with the info which they were. Now they just give the source bull#### or leak them info they don't care gets leaked. Either WrestleVotes doesn't realize their source isn't being as truthful anymore, the source itself doesn't realize they were caught (as they definitely weren't punished for it from what I heard) as WWE won't fire you for it unless it was something Vince really wanted to keep quiet. Plus they usually just punish the person who told that person who wasn't suppose to know who may have told someone to do some BS storyline for the mid carders now or Main Event show. WrestleVotes may know there source was caught and just want to be a ##### about it and act like they still have that legit source which I've seen a few people try to do over the yrs online. Seeing multiple twitter accounts calling them out for all the wrong info these days going back to the RR surprise stuff they tweeted. If the dirt sheets want to keep their credibility they would stop using that account as a legit source for info. WrestleVotes is continuing to attack those as well who have called them out on their bull#### too. Seen a few people attack their report of "source" telling them of big surprise at RR among a few other things lately and the account is gettin pretty defensive. 

Hogan hated Warrior. Just from what I've heard he did not want Warrior going over. Vince made Hogan some promises if he at least agreed to lose to Warrior but Hogan no sold most of the match. He didn't do a dam thing to put Warrior over. He just made Warrior look bad. 
*cough* Shawn Michaels *cough*

The New Daniel Bryan, the Planet’s Champion, has been my favorite heel champion run since the Attitude Era. He’s absolutely been killing it on the mic and he still can bring it in the ring. His promos since Elimination Chamber have been so $$$.

I love how the WrestleVotes  account now instead of reporting what they were told directly says stuff now where they do an about face. If it happens they look good if it doesn't they don't look bad or anything because they just put "This may or may not happen" or "we weren't told this is guarantee but something could happen". Their SOURCE was caught back in December and WWE officials fed the source a few things to see if they were the ones going to WrestleVotes with the info which they were. Now they just give the source bull#### or leak them info they don't care gets leaked. Either WrestleVotes doesn't realize their source isn't being as truthful anymore, the source itself doesn't realize they were caught (as they definitely weren't punished for it from what I heard) as WWE won't fire you for it unless it was something Vince really wanted to keep quiet. Plus they usually just punish the person who told that person who wasn't suppose to know who may have told someone to do some BS storyline for the mid carders now or Main Event show. WrestleVotes may know there source was caught and just want to be a ##### about it and act like they still have that legit source which I've seen a few people try to do over the yrs online. Seeing multiple twitter accounts calling them out for all the wrong info these days going back to the RR surprise stuff they tweeted. If the dirt sheets want to keep their credibility they would stop using that account as a legit source for info. WrestleVotes is continuing to attack those as well who have called them out on their bull#### too. Seen a few people attack their report of "source" telling them of big surprise at RR among a few other things lately and the account is gettin pretty defensive. 
"Sir....I'm sorry, did you want fries with that or not?"

Bogart said:
"Sir....I'm sorry, did you want fries with that or not?"
no just saying people should stop quoting them as a legit source. People keep quoting them, they look bad when they are wrong and then that site loses it's credibility 

As of now the Mania line up is 

"subject to change Miz and Shane open the show, next women’s tag title match. Out of the 13 matches, 7 will go under ten minutes long. Very very interesting"

WWE blood money PPV is being pushed back to June. Making it more likely Kofi doesn't win at Mania. DB refuses to go to the Terror State supporting country AKA Saudi Arabia

so at the end of the build to Mania, no Hardy’s on the main matches, Matt will be the first one to defend his Andre the Giant title, no ladder matches and no undertaker nor Cena in any of the card matches for the first time in 16 years

so at the end of the build to Mania, no Hardy’s on the main matches, Matt will be the first one to defend his Andre the Giant title, no ladder matches and no undertaker nor Cena in any of the card matches for the first time in 16 years
Good, good, good and good.  

Feels like a waste of the gimmick.  Why Lashley?  I've hated this entire feud.  Why not bring out The Demon vs Brock?  Wouldn't that have made more sense?  The Demon is becoming (has become?) a WM moment now - or at least that's how I feel about it.  Instead of something unique that could drive a storyline, it's now a joke you tell at the annual office party.
To make the Demon something special, they only want him to use it for big matches he’s going to win. That’s why WM and why not against Brock.

To make the Demon something special, they only want him to use it for big matches he’s going to win. That’s why WM and why not against Brock.
So the event makes it "big" and not the opponent/match?  WM is a "big" event, no doubt.  But I would argue that Lesnar was Finn's "big" match.

I get what you're saying, but it feels like a waste to use it on Lashley.  We've seen this matchup too many times to count over the last few months.  His match against Lesnar was a big moment, regardless of venue/event name.  Brock wrestles once every 5-6 weeks (if that).  Lashley is out there every week giving us the same crap.  We get to see Finn vs Brock once a year (if that).  But we're tortured every week with some sort of Finn vs Lashley matchup.  The match has lost it's luster and I'll be surprised if it goes on very long.  A quick match as the Demon over Lashley seems like a waste of a good gimmick.  

I mean, he did give him the handshake/hug and handed him the belt post bell...

We've seen this matchup too many times to count over the last few months.  But we're tortured every week with some sort of Finn vs Lashley matchup. 
Heard someone say recently 16 times since September :lmao:

Finn-Lashley an easy skip at Mania. Outside of women 3way and Bryan-Kofi, nothing I have any interest in seeing. Will def be watching after the event.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the event makes it "big" and not the opponent/match?  WM is a "big" event, no doubt.  But I would argue that Lesnar was Finn's "big" match.

I get what you're saying, but it feels like a waste to use it on Lashley.  We've seen this matchup too many times to count over the last few months.  His match against Lesnar was a big moment, regardless of venue/event name.  Brock wrestles once every 5-6 weeks (if that).  Lashley is out there every week giving us the same crap.  We get to see Finn vs Brock once a year (if that).  But we're tortured every week with some sort of Finn vs Lashley matchup.  The match has lost it's luster and I'll be surprised if it goes on very long.  A quick match as the Demon over Lashley seems like a waste of a good gimmick.  
Because it's WM, the match against Lashley is big.

Brock was a big match, but there was no way he was going to win that match.  So no Demon.

When Orton is telling AJ about his Indie days, wasn't Ohio Valley an Indie?  Batista, Lesnar, Cena also coming from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVeih_Gqakc

Not buying he knew nothing about pro wrestling growing up with his grandfather The Big O Bob Orton and his dad Ace Orton in the biz.

Just think guys, there was a time we had...

World Class

UWF

CWA (Memphis)

AWA

WWF

WCW

....all on TV.

Breaks my heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Demon is the smart move, even against Lashley,  because it does the following: gives a great WM entrance, allows for a quick match (I predict a double Coup de Grace on a stacked Lashley and Rush), and ends the feud while leaving Lashley and Rush fairly strong (no one wins against the Demon). I'm ready to see it.

The Demon is the smart move, even against Lashley,  because it does the following: gives a great WM entrance, allows for a quick match (I predict a double Coup de Grace on a stacked Lashley and Rush), and ends the feud while leaving Lashley and Rush fairly strong (no one wins against the Demon). I'm ready to see it.
But hasn't Finn, the mortal version, already beaten both Lashley and Rush individually?  So now the Demon just makes it a stronger win?

You can't bring logic into WrestleMania. It stands on it's own for pure spectacle within a 6 hour time limit.
Exactly. Mania is for every casual fan who watches one time per year. It celebrates the 52 week fan in the process...but, ultimately, it isn't our show. Just go with it. 

When Orton is telling AJ about his Indie days, wasn't Ohio Valley an Indie?  Batista, Lesnar, Cena also coming from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVeih_Gqakc

Not buying he knew nothing about pro wrestling growing up with his grandfather The Big O Bob Orton and his dad Ace Orton in the biz.

Just think guys, there was a time we had...

World Class

UWF

CWA (Memphis)

AWA

WWF

WCW

....all on TV.

Breaks my heart.
I’ve never been nostalgic for all of those awful jobber squash matches on weekly tv during the territory days. 

I wish I were more excited about Wrestlemania this year, but nothing has me interested at all.  My Network sub expired last month and I don't know if I'll even bother for WM.

Users who are viewing this thread