What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (6 Viewers)

I get Angle losing, that's tradition.  I don't get why Corbin got the rub.
Lol there won't be any rub whatsoever. They've booked Angle like such #### that it means absolutely nothing beating him. They tried reversing course all of a sudden with him the last 2 weeks (fighting aj and Joe I believe) but the guy was cowering as a GM on the regular to Stephanie McMahon. I get Angle has little to nothing left to offer in ring (def right call to retire in ring imo) but was a joke how they booked one of greatest in ring performers ever. 

More improbable tag champs of last 2 manias: Nicholas or Hawkins? :lmao:

Sad what they do to tag wrestling. And please ffs put Bobby roode and James Storm back together as beer money. Chad Gable as mini-bobby is beyond horrible. Only imagine what the guy thinks having to do it

Last edited by a moderator:
hagmania said:
Btw, the more I reflect on it, the more I appreciate the ending to the main event.

Everyone and their mother was expecting someone to tap out. What happens? The Man outfoxes, outwrestles the shootfighter.
Ronda botched the finish. She wasn't suppose to put her shoulders up. There was discussion about how to end the match according to Meltzer and many didn't want Ronda to be submitted as it'd look bad to see an MMA person submit to a wrestler. Some were still advocating for her to win. Ronda was suppose to get legit pinned though and not some flukily way so Meltzer isn't sure why that happened. WWE playing the shoulder thing was either Corey Graves going on his own and then Vince telling the production to go with it or Vince was telling the announcers to just go with it for the time being. 

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Lol there won't be any rub whatsoever. They've booked Angle like such #### that it means absolutely nothing beating him. They tried reversing course all of a sudden with him the last 2 weeks (fighting aj and Joe I believe) but the guy was cowering as a GM on the regular to Stephanie McMahon. I get Angle has little to nothing left to offer in ring (def right call to retire in ring imo) but was a joke how they booked one of greatest in ring performers ever. 
You could say the same about Bray Wyatt beating Taker a few yrs ago What does that do? 

I'm predicting a Kofi heel turn by Tues or the Tues next. I think WWE has done all they can with The New Day as a tag team and marketing. Yes they are getting pops at shows still but I think theres also a lot of people tired of them and Kofi turning on New Day makes him more legit 

Craig_MiamiFL said:
More improbable tag champs of last 2 manias: Nicholas or Hawkins? :lmao:

Sad what they do to tag wrestling. And please ffs put Bobby roode and James Storm back together as beer money. Chad Gable as mini-bobby is beyond horrible. Only imagine what the guy thinks having to do it
Its a Weird pair Roode and Gable but they haven't been terrible. Storm is unsigned but I'd rather if Beer Money comes to WWE its not some watered Down Version of it like they have past gimmicks over the last 5-10 yrs to appease to the PC crowd. WWE didn't sign the Briscoe's back in 14-15 I believe it was because of Homophobic slurs they were using in some of their promo stuff. 

AJ Styles was removed from a VIP Meet and greet today as he suffered an injury during his match. No word on how bad the injury is or what it was 

Good ole ESPN up to their old screw ups. After Mania they tweeted about Becky Winning the Title and a Photo with her name on top. The problem is the photo was one of Carmella. 

Also Dave Batista posted on Twitter today thanking WWE and the fans for allowing him to come back and officially announcing he's Retired from Pro Wrestling for Good now 

Tom Servo said:
She was the only non-champ of the three.
Actually I forgot till his name was brought up today but Connor McGregor was suppose to be in Becky's corner for the match. However the Monday RAW they were gonna announce it Connor went to WWE about 15-30 mins before and told them about the Sexual Assault allegations. WWE dropped the contract right after until he could clear his name. 

I pity Big E,  the guy needs to get out of that joke and do his thing. He's being wasted.

I just can't warm up to Kofi at all,

Now what will Heyman do?

The match I really wanted to see was Rollins vs Lesnar, having that open the show sucked. 

Batista needs to stay in Hollywood.

Drop the guitar bit and do something with Elias, he has some legit talent,  also being wasted.

All in all it was one of the weaker Wrestlemania's (seen them all).  The look on Beefcake's face said it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend owns a bar in St. Pete and they had Brian Nasty Nobbs there last night, so I stopped by and caught a little bit of this, still was sort of fun to watch, but Nobbs is in bad shape, told me they want to amputate a few toes and he had a PICC line in his arm.

My friend owns a bar in St. Pete and they had Brian Nasty Nobbs there last night, so I stopped by and caught a little bit of this, still was sort of fun to watch, but Nobbs is in bad shape, told me they want to amputate a few toes and he had a PICC line in his arm.
Yeah When I was talking to Sandman AKA Jim Fullerton a few months ago we started talking about some past ECW and other former wrestlers he still stays in contact with or knew of their wear about. Nobbs was one of the guys he mentioned and said he was not doing well. Wrestling took a huge toll on him. Sabu is in one of the worst shapes too. Addiction as well with pills and drinking. Sabu is in a good state of mind or health. 

DJackson10 said:
Vince I think I legit pissed with the Revival. Not for last night but their tweeting of not getting on TV and stuff. Possible could see them broken up and then WWE dumps them on the street. 
Yep seems like it Curt Hawkins School Boy pin on Revival 2 nights in a row? 

One scenario I like with a roster this is big is split brands but joint world champions. Let's say Lynch is RAW. She defends the title on RAW and at most PPV. Smackdown gets to challenge at the big 4 and lines up their best contender to try to bring the belt to their show. Crates brand loyalty/competition and some easy weekly stories when it's time to build the cross brand challenger. 

Lacey is said to have a big push as well. Her walk outs are to mostly expose her to fans to show she's an important part. There's possible plans of Asuka vs Lacey Evans at Mania for SD Women's title. The original was Asuka vs Ember Moon as both had unfinished business dating back to NXT for both. WWE is very impressed with Lacey and feel she can help them elevate as she is a former Marine and also is a mother. However I won't get too political but I'm not so sure how it will work once the public sees her social media account which is full on 110% Right wing Military Brat posting and bootlicker comments. That's as far as I'll go in the political aspect of that. Not saying she can't have her opinion just curious how WWE sees her as someone to elevate the division when her social media post tend to pull people apart type posts. 
Feb 22 a month and a week I was told this. Lacey Attacks the Double champ tonight. No surprise If the Triple Threat wasn't for both belts at Mania she would've had a SDL title match last night 

Users who are viewing this thread