What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (5 Viewers)

DJackson10 said:
Dave Meltzer with a bad hot take the other day. He said the Tag LadderMatch should've been on last over the AEW title 

Yeah ok that's not reasonable to have another promotions title your main even the very same night on the very same card your new promotion is crowning their first company champion. Doesn't seem like great business there. 
I agree if it's another promotion's title, but what if they did same match with AEW tag titles over AEW heavyweight in main event? There's truth to the fact crowd's will be more hyped for these hardcore type matches. It's a really hard act to follow unless you have 2 great guys who can tell a story with traditional wrestling. Not many can do that these days, probably even fewer so with all the young talent in AEW.

The AEW title belt was stolen out of a limo/luggage bag while Chris Jericho was eating dinner in Tallahassee.

Out grilling, but a police report was filed, otherwise I would link it.
:oldunsure: legit orrrr......who says the police can't get involved in some kayfabe? Would be one hell of a sell tbh.

Could see the Charlotte beat down a mile away, but it was well done. I really think both Sasha and Bayley walk away with the belts at the PPV. 

I agree if it's another promotion's title, but what if they did same match with AEW tag titles over AEW heavyweight in main event? There's truth to the fact crowd's will be more hyped for these hardcore type matches. It's a really hard act to follow unless you have 2 great guys who can tell a story with traditional wrestling. Not many can do that these days, probably even fewer so with all the young talent in AEW.
AEW titles I'd agree but doing it with another brands title for your first tile in the company match is beyond ridiculously stupid. 

Toni Storm is now dating Tyler Bate. Both were together before moving to WWE and were engaged at one point. Storm showed pics of the two of them together on her IG this past weekend 

The report lists Christopher Irvine as the victim.
Via Fightful:

“The victim reported the theft of his championship wrestling belt while he was eating inside Longhorn Steakhouse. The victim stated he arrived at the Millionaire Club Airport Terminal and place the belt inside his rented limousine. The limo driver shuttled the victim to Longhorn for dinner. The victim remained at Longhorn while the limo driver returned to the airport. The victim had taken the wrong luggage from the airport and the driver took it back to the terminal. When the driver picked up the victim from the restaurant, the belt was missing. Responding officers searched the limo and airport for the belt without success. On-call CID was consulted, and forensics responded to the scene.

Victim: Christopher “Jericho” Irvine, W/M, 11/9/70″

Picture of deleted tweet

As incredible as it may seem :rolleyes: , there are actually people out there that think this is a work.  The cops are in on it, the limo driver, etc.  Take off your tinfoil hats, dummy; real life sometimes works its way into pro rasslin.
AEW posted on their own website thanking THP for finding the belt. I mean a part of me at first thought maybe this was a work until I saw the actual police report. 

New details on who found Jericho's belt

Frank and his wife were driving down Highway 20 on the edge of town when he spotted what appeared to be a velvet bag in the middle of a turning lane near Capital Circle Southwest. Frank said the bag was scuffed up and while they didn't look inside until they got home, he could tell there was something heavy in it. They finally opened the bag when they got home and Frank couldn't believe what he was seeing.

AEW announces for Full Gear Cody vs Y2J for the Title 

WWE is also trying to work with Flair for an agreement to use The Man which Ric has now trademarked. People in WWE can see an agreement but also see it could get ugly as they see Flair stubborn as he could turn on you in a dime for a quick buck. His daughter Charlotte is apparently very upset with him over this whole thing. 

according to one of my guys:

". Flair is broke my sources says and unable to get autograph signings, he wants too much..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Servo said:
This whole thing makes no sense.

If a thief stole a duffel bag hoping that it had something valuable in it then why would they ditch it if the contents turned out to be an exceptionally valuable championship belt?

If a wrestling fan stole the bag hoping to have a Jericho keepsake then why would they ditch the AEW title?

There’s a chance that the guy who allegedly found the bag was the guy who actually took it, but then why go to the police?

is there a chance that Jericho was so out of it that the bag went flying out of his car on the way to the Longhorn Steakhouse and he didn’t notice?

Such a weird story.

This whole thing makes no sense.

If a thief stole a duffel bag hoping that it had something valuable in it then why would they ditch it if the contents turned out to be an exceptionally valuable championship belt?

If a wrestling fan stole the bag hoping to have a Jericho keepsake then why would they ditch the AEW title?

There’s a chance that the guy who allegedly found the bag was the guy who actually took it, but then why go to the police?

is there a chance that Jericho was so out of it that the bag went flying out of his car on the way to the Longhorn Steakhouse and he didn’t notice?

Such a weird story.
My guess is Jericho was already bombed and he put the belt on top of the Limo. Forgot it was there, limo drove off and the belt fell off the limo roof. With that velvet it can stick on there for a bit before it falls or anything. 

Honestly, that’s as good of an explanation as any. I bet that is what happened.
I've left stuff on the roof of a car before and so have others. My one vendor left his iPad he uses for work on his roof and it fell off. He was able to use Find my iPad and it was like 15 miles from where he was at the time. 

I've left stuff on the roof of a car before and so have others. My one vendor left his iPad he uses for work on his roof and it fell off. He was able to use Find my iPad and it was like 15 miles from where he was at the time. 
I’ve left both my cell phone and a portable speaker on top of my car and driven off.  I only noticed the speaker when I saw it fly off in the rear view mirror.  Thing was a bit banged up, but still worked.

I’ve left both my cell phone and a portable speaker on top of my car and driven off.  I only noticed the speaker when I saw it fly off in the rear view mirror.  Thing was a bit banged up, but still worked.
My friend worked retail at an HHGregg (Similar to a Best Buy) he had some clown who bought one of those newer HDTV's about 5 yrs ago and this was like a 72" one or so. Dude forgot to strap it down in his corvette and well we'll just say what happened next is what you'd expect when someone is an idiot. The co workers had to try not to laugh as they thought it was karma because of how the guy treated them like #### before hand. So no one really felt bad for the guy. 

Enzo Tweeted out he purchased a ticket to tonights raw tweeting out Round 2... WWE is aware of this and put photos of Enzo up and handed out photos to all security. Enzo is banned from WWE events for life after the Staples Center Incident 

For those who saw Wyatts Firefly Fun House he teased attacking Austin but didn't. The clock switched to 11/19. That is the date Undertaker debuted for WWE. Undertaker is on Smackdown tomorrow night and theres been rumors of a feud with both of them possible something going into mania 

I watched the first half of RAW last night and it didn't suck.  Of course, when SCSA leads off the show, it's real hard to screw that up.

It was nice they gave the ladies tag match plenty of time and started it right around 9 to give it the highlight it deserved.

I watched the first half of RAW last night and it didn't suck.  Of course, when SCSA leads off the show, it's real hard to screw that up.

It was nice they gave the ladies tag match plenty of time and started it right around 9 to give it the highlight it deserved.
RAW overall did 2.1M rating last night. One of the lowest non holiday ratings. They lost .4K people last week. 

California senate passes AB5 

The bill will likely reclassify hundreds of thousands of independent contractors as employees, arguably the most significant piece of legislation ever for companies like Uber and Lyft. It passed the Senate by a vote of 29-11 along party lines and must now pass a final vote by the State Assembly to approve amendments. Assuming it survives (a near certainty), AB5 will require the signature of California governor Gavin Newsom, who publicly backed it on Labor Day (Sept. 2). If approved, the legislation would take effect Jan. 1, 2020.
I wonder if this would affect Vince's little red wagon?  :stirspot:

Triple H in an interview today confirmed rumors of no more 205 live. He said you'll be seeing more 205 live talent under the NXT banner. Brad Sheppard was the first to report back in June that 205 will likely be non existent by yrs end. Speculation at the time was the 205 talent would go to one of the other brands

Wrestlezones story on HHH comments

Triple H in an interview today confirmed rumors of no more 205 live. He said you'll be seeing more 205 live talent under the NXT banner. Brad Sheppard was the first to report back in June that 205 will likely be non existent by yrs end. Speculation at the time was the 205 talent would go to one of the other brands

Wrestlezones story on HHH comments
I'm not surprised. They tape the show after SDL when the crowd is leaving gone and probably wasn't getting many eyeballs anyways.

Jojo has asked and was given her release also 

"From very good sources, wwe will debut Simone Johnson as a character this Wednesday in NXT. Don’t know if she will be introduced as a wrestler or as of who she is but from very very good sources she’ll be there."

Renee Young and Booker T given their own studio show on Tuesdays evenings on FS1

Should be great
If Renee is off TV that confirms my source after Allout that said Renee wasn't getting fired but moved to another part of the company to be off commentary. I was also told she'd get her own Studio show as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread