What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (9 Viewers)

Tom Servo said:
Charlotte Flair to AEW: CONFIRMED
Doubt I never saw Charlotte like her Father having a love for the business like him. I can definitely see her getting out of wrestling all together if not now in the future. Not sure if this whole The Man thing with her father has something to do with it. Still waiting to hearing from people 

Even though Sasha is suppose to compete tonight looks like she's still injured. WWE has announced Charlotte Flair is replacing her. 

Also just because Charlotte may have asked for her release doesn't mean it will happen. See why above on the Bennet post 

Last edited by a moderator:
i see 90 pound white females there all around. Temple has done well, they bought up a bunch and have twice the security force than any other university/college in the city. 

to be honest i work in that area from time to time, and my wife does too. she was on the block of that shoot-out 3 days earlier at a home visit for client. Definitely not the best, but also definitely not the worse. 

if i can guarantee one thing though, there will be plenty of cops around. Philly doesn't need any kind of black eye, they do a good job making sure none of the gun violence leaks over to the citizens
Doesn't look like I'll be going. My Department boss made a deal with my SD on if she could have someone Thursday and since I was off Wednesday he could use me. Originally he told me Sat come 9:30AM-6PM. I figured Ok I'd rather be in earlier and be done by 5-5:30 but 6 is the latest. I go to confirm Sat and he tells me he'd let me know final term Monday. I see him today he's changes it to 11AM-7:30PM which is the bell time. Unless I can get out of there 1 1/2Hrs earlier by 6 if I can get everything done no way I'm making this show. Only good thing is I can still watch it after work no matter what. 

Its getting real at the Hardy Compound between the Wives

To sum it up and I haven't followed everything but everyone knows Jeff was arrested for a DWI. Acccording to Police he had a bloody nose which he said came with an altercation with Wife Beth. No arrests were made as neither one pressed charges on the other. Beth accursed Reby and Matt of making up BS family statements. Reby is essentially firing back accusing Beth of enabling Jeff's behavior (In other words saying she's doing more to hurt Jeff's well being then trying to help) acting like everything is perfect and not living in Reality. Reby is firing back with Matt being his brother has every right to speak as he's experienced first hand Jeff and has been there himself. Matt and Reby seem like they want to help Jeff but Beth seems to be trying to enable and defends Jeff's issues instead of trying to help. Reby warns Beth if she doesn't wake up and smell the roses soon Jeff's behavior will likely hurt himself or someone else much worse. 

1st round tonight

RAW: Seth Clean up ROllins

SD: Brock Lesnar

RAW: Charlotte Flair

SD: New Day (Unfortunately they are still together)

RAW: Andrade with Zelina Vega

1st round tonight

RAW: Seth Clean up ROllins

SD: Brock Lesnar

RAW: Charlotte Flair

SD: New Day (Unfortunately they are still together)

RAW: Andrade with Zelina Vega
I know that a 'leaked' list for the raw draft was out there. Does this follow that list? I think Andrade is different if memory serves.

RAW: Buddy Murphy

SD: Glorious Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler

RAW: Jinder Juice Needle in His Balls Majhal 

SD: Carmella

RAW: R-Truth!!!!!!

A few notes from a few people:

90% sure fiend will be traded to RAW 

Red light will continue not  sure if they meant during Matches 

Theres thought backstage of a double turn with Seth and Fiend. No pun intend but a slow burn

Last not surprising but talent is PISSED OFF BACKSTAGE. Those who signed new deals feel they were duped and lied to and taken advantage suckered into signing a 3-5 yr deal. 

:lmao:  Draft is so FN cringe.

Not sure what was worse: Stephanie trying to put over Lucha House Party (to crickets) or the Fox Execs congratulating one another for the picks of Luchas/Heavy Machinery :lmao:  

Not to mention they just had a draft (that they never adhered to) 6 months ago.

They already made it cringy as #### before it even started with "You can select the team as 1 pick.....unless you just want one of them" :lmao:  
:goodposting:    This draft is so stupid.  

Love how they said Miz and Mysterio were "value" picks at their spots.   :lmao:     War room celebrations!   

Well, the contest is over in the battle of WHO LEAVES WWE FIRST - Heyman or Bischoff.  If you wagered on EB, please claim your prize.
Damn, you beat me to it. 

I'M SHOCKED!!!! It was abundantly obvious Bischoff had zero clue about their current product (don't blame him at all). He let the inmates run the asylum in WCW and was able to hand out blank checks. Worked for a short period. Then predictably crumbled. 

Imagine moving across the country and within 2 (?) months already being replaced. The guy is a pompous piece of shlt and glad it's finally shown (again) he's an incompetent jackass.

Outside of the Fiend, can anyone name anything worth watching with today's product? I go through the results in probably 2 minutes and the only thing I ever watch clips of are Fiend/Firefly Funhouse.

And I'm being kind brushing off the HIAC ending. And that "killing off" Firefly Funhouse will be a mistake. They should have Bray one show......Fiend on the other. Seems fairly simple.

Sorry to all the Seth Rollins truthers. Guy absolutely bores me to pieces. I've never seen a guy be such a mark for himself and not draw a dime. Absolutely zero connection with audience. If they didn't pipe in his theme and chants, you could hear a pin drop when he's out there. He's just nauseating. I don't even think turning heel will do much. Found his heel stuff to be terrible too. Made just a little bit less so than his babyface crap.

Outside of the Fiend, can anyone name anything worth watching with today's product? I go through the results in probably 2 minutes and the only thing I ever watch clips of are Fiend/Firefly Funhouse.

And I'm being kind brushing off the HIAC ending. And that "killing off" Firefly Funhouse will be a mistake. They should have Bray one show......Fiend on the other. Seems fairly simple.

Sorry to all the Seth Rollins truthers. Guy absolutely bores me to pieces. I've never seen a guy be such a mark for himself and not draw a dime. Absolutely zero connection with audience. If they didn't pipe in his theme and chants, you could hear a pin drop when he's out there. He's just nauseating. I don't even think turning heel will do much. Found his heel stuff to be terrible too. Made just a little bit less so than his babyface crap.
Join me in the not watching it club tbh. NWA Tuesdays, AEW Wednesdays and NJPW PPVs are the ticket to enjoyable pro wrestling imo.

Join me in the not watching it club tbh. NWA Tuesdays, AEW Wednesdays and NJPW PPVs are the ticket to enjoyable pro wrestling imo.
I couldn't imagine watching WWE anymore TBH. 3 hours?!?!?! :lmao:  I can't watch anything for 3 hours. I really struggle keeping my attention to anything more than an hour anymore. 

NWA put one a very good show in their debut. Short and sweet and a great look that doesn't look overproduced to hell. Hope it takes off for Billy Corgan. It is actually the first wrestling show I actually enjoyed start to finish in awhile. 1 hour just is enough wrestling for me anymore.

Jericho shlts all over anything other than perhaps Fiend that WWE is doing. Pretty amazing how he constantly reinvents himself. Pretty sure he's now in his late 40s.

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Outside of the Fiend, can anyone name anything worth watching with today's product?
I enjoy Becky Lynch. I enjoy Braun Strowman but seems he's always in some half-baked story line. The NXT product seems like the best thing the WWE has going.

By comparison, I have really enjoyed AEW so far. Far more interesting than anything WWE is doing - for now.

Jayrok said:
Will SD receive compensation in the form of future draft picks?   :lmao:
No to add to what I said yesterday I forgot who was mentioned but checked back today after the Bischoff stuff (Which I'll go into next" but it's 

Rey Mystero and Erick Rowan for The Fiend. If WWE really wanted to make it more realistic should've been McIntyre for The Fiend. 

Tom Servo said:
Well, the contest is over in the battle of WHO LEAVES WWE FIRST - Heyman or Bischoff.  If you wagered on EB, please claim your prize.
I'm told EB didn't go willingly:

he was fired on the spot at a meeting at RAW over some booking decisions that was not approved by Vince. He will get a Years salary but CANNOT WORK FOR ANYONE FOR A FULL YEAR. Bruce Prichard is doing this out of Favour for Vince Until a replacement is hired and FOX is aware and understanding of the situation

possible replacements are John Lauriniatis or Jeff Jarret. Both have had strong network relations before and would help. That even means if Heyman has to be sacrificed to SD

Also Some Tyson Fury Info

Tyson Fury is getting a payday of $14.75M to do the Braun Match expected to last just under 8 minutes. This includes all expenses paid and an entourage of 7 associates going with him. That blood money going to good use 

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Damn, you beat me to it. 

I'M SHOCKED!!!! It was abundantly obvious Bischoff had zero clue about their current product (don't blame him at all). He let the inmates run the asylum in WCW and was able to hand out blank checks. Worked for a short period. Then predictably crumbled. 

Imagine moving across the country and within 2 (?) months already being replaced. The guy is a pompous piece of shlt and glad it's finally shown (again) he's an incompetent jackass.
I heard it wasn't all his fault. He just wasn't being a Kiss ### to Vince like everyone else. Vince only tolerated him to smooth relations with FOX as EB has always been good with getting network agreements an stuff. Vince used him then when every thing big was done found the tiny little thing to get upset over just to fire him and make an excuse to get rid of him 

Craig_MiamiFL said:

He comes off nasally and whiney. It worked a bit as a heel. Also I've said this numerous times and this isn't because I like Becky either but I just don't see what she sees in him. I know people in WWE are happy for them but there's a group who doesn't see it lasting and Becky will see what a fraud Seth is. If People think Punk has an ego and full of himself let me introduce you to Seth Rollins. The only difference is Seth is a Mark for himself and his Company as a whole. I remember on my old board discussing a debating who was better out of the 2 Seth or Punk. I was told Seth was better in the ring and on the mic. Boy was this person wrong. I can't tell you any memorable promo ever by Seth or big Match he drew huge ratings. His biggest moment was turning on The Shield. Dude doesn't draw and he created a ton of enemies in the wrestling industry with his tweets being a mark and kiss ### to his employer.

I was told that Seth had people talk to him after the Osprey stuff he had to apologize for. Two of those people were Hunter and Undertaker even was brought in. I heard Cena would've been there but conflict of schedules with his filming. He was basically told if Hunter and WWE wanted to bring in more Indy guys Seth acting like he did doesn't look well when he's suppose to be the face of the company. It's "NOT GOOD FOR BUISNESS" (Pun well intended there).  The funniest part of that whole thing was people on twitter burning Rollins Down with comparisons of what Will Osprey was doing at his age compared to when Seth was that young. It was not pretty for Seth. Add in his ex's issues and stuff that went on there and the dude looks like a total douchnoozle. I don't know the guy personally. I do know someone who has known him since he was 14 but we really don't talk about Colby that much. The guy I know is a cousin of Roman's and the USO's side of the family was a wrestler himself (going through cancer battle). He looks exactly like MLW Champ Jacob Fatu facial wise. I keep meaning to ask him though if this is Colby personally or if he just comes off that way unintentionally. We've talked a lot about the Anao'i family and I've been told stuff I really cannot share that isn't public info. Not just about them but a few wrestlers close to the family. 

hagmania said:
Yep I gotta watch this last NJPW PPV. Probably won't get to it till next weekend with work

I did find out my schedule got changed for Wednesday and only working till 5 now tomorrow so I may or may not be going to the AEW show. Trying to coax my buddy with tickets. For as cheap as they are I might just offer to pay for his ticket for him and don't pay me back. Considering how selfish and self-centered he is at times it'll probably work too 

I enjoy Becky Lynch. I enjoy Braun Strowman but seems he's always in some half-baked story line. The NXT product seems like the best thing the WWE has going.

By comparison, I have really enjoyed AEW so far. Far more interesting than anything WWE is doing - for now.
I enjoy her too but it's not just based on her looking good. Thanks to my own fights with where I am with work and all I can relate to her getting to the top of the business. Both of us have had to work for our success and other things. 

I can't take Braun Seriously. He now reminds me of the meathead athlete in your HS who's on the football team and works out. Good athlete but as dumb as a dam rock The whole I'm Cashing in my MITB contract was just dumb among other things. 

NXT is on and off for me. I enjoy certain aspects. I'm not a Bayzler fan by any means. She's literally the female Brock Lesnar been there done that type thing. She doesn't seem to give a #### about what she's doing which I like but she just bores me. I love Damien Priest and Dijakovic and have always been a DD fan since I watched his ROH stuff. I love Mia and Shirari and Perozza. I like Undisputed but Cole looks so corny with them. He use to seem like a badass when with Bullet Club. Now he looks like a whiney crybaby who backs down. I think Gargano is the most overrated Pro Wrestler today. He won't be successful on the main roster. He's literally a worse Daniel Bryan. We've seen and done that already with the Underdog stuff. Let that be DB's stuff. I really loved Ciampa's stuff and I'm happy Balor is back in NXT. I wished he'd turn heel already and form Balor club. Was really hoping he'd be in with the OC. 

Overall NXT I feel like you can skip to the Takeovers and still not miss what happened on the weekly shows. They better do more to fill in for after Takeovers instead of the recap show they do and 1 or 2 longer matches though.

AEW I cannot get enough. I''m ecstatic to possible be going to this. See Jericho and Omega and the Bucks!!!! Codi, and everyone else!!!! The last two weeks they left the shows of me wanting more more more. When Da F was the last time WWE made me do that? Last weeks AEW show wasn't as good as the debut but still enjoyable. I tried to watch some NXT during commercials but every time I would try they were doing video package, some stupid backstage segment or on commercial. Right Now AEW is the show to watch. NWA Power was ok but I'm not big on their production or small studio crowd. I love the talent especially Aldis and Storm though. Cornett I could never stand though. 

Just talked to my good friend after the Bischoff news broke.

Said he's not going to clean up Prichard's mess in creative again unless WWE offers a telecommute position. No desire to travel. No desire to deal with backstage politics. 

Was flipping around last night after the baseball game and saw a show where Christian (of Edge and Christian) said the steal of the draft was Samoa Joe in the 5th round.  Huge steal for Raw there that will likely tip the scales towards Raw winning the title at the end of the season.  

I thought the steal of the draft was Titus O'Neil.   SD missed out on that one big time.  But at least they were fortunate enough to grab Heath Slater.  Can't believe he lasted as long as he did.

Also Some Tyson Fury Info

Tyson Fury is getting a payday of $14.75M to do the Braun Match expected to last just under 8 minutes. This includes all expenses paid and an entourage of 7 associates going with him. That blood money going to good use 
:eek:   wow what a great haul for Fury.  Good for him.  Only in America.  

Trevor Murdoch shows up on last night's episode of NWA Power in doing the honors for Ricky Starks.  He even comes over and shakes Starks' hand afterwards. 

And Ricky Starks can talk, too.

Imagine CM Punk on FOX trying to talk about the draft as if it were real. I just can't see this marriage working out. He's going to tell it like it is IMO and WWE will bltch about it.  WWE will complain to FOX just like Dana White did with Ariel Helwani and he was gone.

I want CM Punk on commentary. His stuff on NXT many years ago was great. It definitely wasn't Vince in his ear telling him what to say every line. 

Bruce Prichard will do nothing to change things. He's a yes man through and through. And not that creative. At least he's better than Bischoff in that regard. Bischoff offers nothing whatsoever. And it sounds like Bischoff was "BACK.....lazier than ever"

Was flipping around last night after the baseball game and saw a show where Christian (of Edge and Christian) said the steal of the draft was Samoa Joe in the 5th round.  Huge steal for Raw there that will likely tip the scales towards Raw winning the title at the end of the season.  

I thought the steal of the draft was Titus O'Neil.   SD missed out on that one big time.  But at least they were fortunate enough to grab Heath Slater.  Can't believe he lasted as long as he did.
Nah my Steal of the Draft UDFA Drake Maverick AKA Rockstar Spud going to Smackdown. I will admit SD is missing out on Titus amazing Catering skills though 

Trevor Murdoch shows up on last night's episode of NWA Power in doing the honors for Ricky Starks.  He even comes over and shakes Starks' hand afterwards. 

And Ricky Starks can talk, too.
Dam Shame about his former tag Partner Lance Cade. Those two were really good and underused in WWE during their stint there. I haven't heard a lot about Murdoch since he left WWE. 3 stints in TNA in the glory days one with the STUPP tag team from AEW and then team with EY in the Team 3D Tag Tite Invitational and then the last as The Outlaw Jethro Holiday. He's also an HBK pupil too. 

:eek:   wow what a great haul for Fury.  Good for him.  Only in America.  
If you want a quick payday just sell your Morales and sign with the Devil WWE to do a one off appearance to entertain some Saudi Terrorist. I also noticed WWE personal can mention Saudi Arabia now without having to worry about getting hit in the back of the head again. 

Imagine CM Punk on FOX trying to talk about the draft as if it were real. I just can't see this marriage working out. He's going to tell it like it is IMO and WWE will bltch about it.  WWE will complain to FOX just like Dana White did with Ariel Helwani and he was gone.

I want CM Punk on commentary. His stuff on NXT many years ago was great. It definitely wasn't Vince in his ear telling him what to say every line. 

Bruce Prichard will do nothing to change things. He's a yes man through and through. And not that creative. At least he's better than Bischoff in that regard. Bischoff offers nothing whatsoever. And it sounds like Bischoff was "BACK.....lazier than ever"
Prichard is only there as an interim guy. He's like that coach who replaces the fired coach mid season and just keeping the ship afloat till the end of the season or until they find their guy. I heard Bischoff had a few good ideas that would work well with the current landscape but Vince refuses. Vince is so living in the past. I've heard a few examples of VKM telling the creative an idea or pitching it to Hunter or his kids or wrestlers and people saying "We can't do that anymore" or "Vince thats illegal now." or "We can't get away with that on TV now" etc etc. It reminds of all the leaks in the White House of people commenting Trump saying stuff and people telling him "you can't do that sir." This isn't saying Eric is amazing but he does have a feel what works and doesn't today. 

Lets put it this way. Perfect example Tyson Fury and awhile back Floyd Mayweather vs Big Show at Mania. Back in the 90s these would be a huge draw but many people and fans have stopped watching wrestling and boxing and switched too MMA. Many are turned off by boxings massive corruption and other things. MMA has become incredible popular in America. The MMA or Boxing fans aren't turning on WWE. These are the people you see daily you tell them you watch wrestling and they call it" gay or call you a F**" for watching it to your face or make fun of people who do online. Vince ain't getting ratings bringing these clowns in like Velasquez and Fury for one offs. hell the celebrity angle barely works anymore either. 

Another Example is the big monster wrestlers. Braun looks like a dumb southerner talking out of his boots wannabe tough guy. It's cringe watching him try to be what Big Show was or guys like Kane or Taker or Andre were. Big guys aren't attractions anymore. 

Any wrestler who can fly or do acrobatic stunts he wants to turn into a super hero with a cape. Tried it with Neville and now it's cringe with Fingerbanger Ricochet.

Ratings will continue to drop. When they drop below 2M like they will FOX will just throw this terrible product on FS1 or 2 and eventually take their clause to get out of the deal. 

Vince has little say in the FOX WWE show. The show is produced and OK'd by FOX execs which is why Punk is interested. He's already said if WWE is involved more so he isn't interested. If WWE was calling him about the job he'd have refused it already. Vince is powerless when it comes to the Show. Punk would have to say something so incriminating to WWE like mentioning the health issues and stuff for FOX to listen to Vince. 

Marco Stunt coming out of the Bullpen for the Jurassic Express. Luchasouras injured a Hammy. No word yet but rumor going around is he tweaked it chasing a Drago 

BTW I didn't go tonight. Weather is terrible outside with rain all day Worked all day too. TO get to the arena would've taken me almost an hour by car. My buddy I tried to pay for his ticket and dinner tonight at a place a minute away too. Wasn't interested. I'm exhausted too and if we stayed for the dark matches I wouldn't be getting home till well after Midnight. 

Users who are viewing this thread