What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (4 Viewers)

What is "an educational movie?"  It's a dramatic adaptation of a novel by William Styron.  A novel where Sophie's past during the Holocaust is meant to illustrate the person Sophie, now an immigrant living in Brooklyn, is in the present.  And why she chooses to eventually return to an abusive mentally-ill lover and commit suicide with him.  It's a novel about PTSD.

I get that you've got some kind of fetish for "virtue signalers" getting hoisted by their own petard, but there really isn't anything racially insensitive in using a (incredibly on-the-nose) plot point from a work of fiction as a pop culture reference.  It certainly doesn't demonstrate ignorance of the holocaust.  It isn't diminishing the hardship faced by any person who, in actuality, had to choose which of her children would be sent to a gas chamber and which to accompany her to a labor camp.  Because that scenario was invented by the author.  
Apparently it was bd enough that the Auscwhitz muesum had to get in involved with a tweet to his tweet. I think I'll differ to them on this one. 

Apparently it's big enough of an issue. A source of mine said he was already going to bring this up in a meeting with WWE before anyone said anything to him. Right now after the whole Saudi thing he thinks the company needs to be more careful with their hires. He also said this isn't the first comment or tweet someones brought to them about Satin in General. 
I know Brad Shepard has called Satin out for parroting the WWE company line and being a little too close to them.

I know Brad Shepard has called Satin out for parroting the WWE company line and being a little too close to them.
Satin has done a lot of things to suck up to WWE over the the last couple of months. Only a few call him out on it but most won't as many of these dirt sheet guys are just wannabe WWE employees who think Sucking up to them works. It doesn't.

Also the guy I contacted his source is high enough that Triple H will be notified of this tomorrow. Granted not sure if WWE will have much say as it looks like Satin was hired by FOX 

Some info:

"reports of Wwe wrestlers getting off the plane due to a prince disagreement is false. If this would had been the case, Vince would had been the one held. It was because the issue was with him not with the staff so he would be the one held. Now, if there is beef, then there will be no more Saudi shows.'

Also was told Flip Gordon signing with WWE in January. Wants the training and experience over friendship for now 

Former Spainish Announcer Hugo Sagnovich (SP) reported Saudia arabia owes Vince and Company a lot of money from the last two shows. SuperShowdown was paid a few hours before Allahoween went on air. However do to the disagreements Vince Pulled the live feed of the program in Saudi and was on delay. As retaliation the Saudi Government held the remaining WWE employees and talent at the airport. Many of the folks who came back said there was no mechanical issue as if there was Vince could've easily gotten them a new plan with in the hour. However that plane was withheld and Saudi Military was outside keeping an eye on the situation. Many talent have said they have lost all respect for VKM, Will never be going back there for another show again and some making comments how they can't wait to leave the Company. Hugo has a ton of WWE contacts as well as people in Saudi Arabia as well. 

Renee Young also did not go to Saudi this time. Remember the report Renee was yelled at by Saudi Religious police and disrescpeted but denied it? Yeah apparently she didn't go this time 

Meltzer says theres some stories crazy ones coming out about this last Saudi Show. Also reported today WWE asked employees who were stranded if they have pictures of mechanical issues for evidence. That's a tad strange

WWE may have covered up stories about Saudi Arabia
I'd read somewhere else that VKM was asking the talent to lie about why they were detained. Yeah, there's something there. 

Vince has found - to his chagrin - someone with bigger grapefruits than him, plus they have a military and everything.

I'd read somewhere else that VKM was asking the talent to lie about why they were detained. Yeah, there's something there. 

Vince has found - to his chagrin - someone with bigger grapefruits than him, plus they have a military and everything.
Yes they want them to lie. It has as much to do with WWE as it does every other buisness who partners with the terrorists. Someone asked an interesting question why the mainstream media hasn't picked up on this yet. Is it because it's Wrestling or are they playing the usual doesn't matter when its our ally card? Brad Sheppard made an interesting tweet on this. Now I don't know if he can't say more do to the source or because he was also a Veteran as well. Could go either way on that. He's also right on the people who needed to be made aware of this were from the US Embassy in Saudi to the White House. If it was just a mechanical issue this is not going that high. Plus Fox News and other media were aware of this as well. I also have been in contact with a family friend who's a former ex Military higher up who said from people he knows those in the wrestling industry reporting on the issues not buying the WWE BS are receiving death threats and such from people in Saudi Arabia and Homeland Security is aware of that. 

"A great question, and one that everyone should be asking themselves. As I’ve alluded to, the right people were made aware in government and media. Unfortunately, I do know more than I can speak to on that, and I also don’t want to speculate"

"Seth Rollins says he will address his WWE future on RAW."

I won't watch, but I'll bet there's a 15 minute promo of him saying he really loves the business, he's here to stay and will go across the country to get the title back, night after night and continue to burn it down.

*** Interruption by the Fiend ***

Best part of RAW: Zelina Vegas Fun Bags almost popping out

BTW apparently the new story is Lashley broke his BBC on Lana. Thats a strong snatch 

I'm so thrilled for Adam Cole I've watched him since he started in ringofhonor and instantly became a fan. Local guy following his dreams. SO excited when he joined BC my favorite stable. Main Evented WWE RAW like he should be. Wish it was with AJ Styles. And according to Britt he's wrestling with a broken wrist. What a ####### beast 

Did anyone see GrimsToySHow video vlog of meeting Seth Rollins? Seth acted like a total jerk. Grim even compliments Seth and Seth just disrespects him. Grim is the guy Nia Jax went after at the Philly RR that he called Battlecow and NIA ratted him out and let her fans attack Grim and his family. 

Did anyone see GrimsToySHow video vlog of meeting Seth Rollins? Seth acted like a total jerk. Grim even compliments Seth and Seth just disrespects him. Grim is the guy Nia Jax went after at the Philly RR that he called Battlecow and NIA ratted him out and let her fans attack Grim and his family. 
Dam Seth just Tweeted Joe Cronin video for the Grim Issue. Then attacked Grim. Seth then tweeted me after I asked him if he at least saw the video as I know some people just see something then go off. Cronin is just giving the dude constructive criticism. yes he comes off as a Pr*ck at times. Seth's tweet to me has 6 retweets and 37 likes. 

Best part of RAW: Zelina Vegas Fun Bags almost popping out

BTW apparently the new story is Lashley broke his BBC on Lana. Thats a strong snatch 

I'm so thrilled for Adam Cole I've watched him since he started in ringofhonor and instantly became a fan. Local guy following his dreams. SO excited when he joined BC my favorite stable. Main Evented WWE RAW like he should be. Wish it was with AJ Styles. And according to Britt he's wrestling with a broken wrist. What a ####### beast 
I saw where Lana was tossed tuckus over teakettle; it looked like there was too much leg showing...if you know what I mean.

Tom Servo said:
He's talking about the podcaster I listen to that I posted Seth Responded to and Grimstoy show after Grim brought a picture for Seth to sign at Fan fest of him with Seth's pic looking like those in the Firefly Funhouse. It read "Yowie Wowie you lost to The Fiend."  Seth gave off some pretty blatant body language not even looking at Grim or anything acting like he could give two ####s being at the signing. Youtuber Joe Cronin who's podcast I listen to (Actually found him through JDfromNY of all people who has me blocked and same guy who lied about rewarding a patron prize to a fan who has cancer which is Roman's Cousin) the past 5 yrs and has live donations (no different then others I've seen on youtube or gaming channels like yungRepublican and others) he is talking about. Joe was trained by Warbeard Hanson and was in the same Boston wrestling school Sasha Banks started in same class. Kofi Kingston was his tag partner 6 months prior to Kofi debuting in WWE. Joe Retired from wrestling do to Concussions but still does commentary and ring announcing for Indy shows in NE area sometimes NY. He also got JDfromNY his House of Glory job. Joe is also friends with Road Dogg.  Either way Joe's show isn't for everyone. If you have kids not at least in HS I wouldn't suggest his podcast.

Either way Joe made Video on Grims encounter with Seth Rollins. Seth has come off multiple time over the last few yrs as being a ####/####### to fans and not taking criticism or people not liking his character very well. He seems to not take constructive Criticism well. Joe went about how he's received multiple reports and videos from fans over the past few yrs of Seth being non professional or acting like he cares about the fans and never posted anything till now. Joe has always supported Seth but has said in the last year he hates this character version of Seth and the dude should just go heel with how he acts on social media as well. He even says Seth could've handled this situation with Grim better. You don't have to like the guy but have fun with the interaction put the joke back on him type thing. I'd have signed Grims Photo with and Your next WWE Champ to beat The Fiend Seth Rollins. However Seth just looked like he could really careless about being there. Joe pointed out maybe Seth doesn't mean to come off this way but how he reacts in these things sometimes it puts that off to the fans he is. Grim responded to the post with "in his defense I think he just doesn't like me at all. he seemed cool with the other fans there." so you have Grim somewhat defending Seth.

Seth Tweeted a response to Joe's Twitter on the video (Joe tagged him) and Seth wrote this "Grim, you knew what you were doing by bringing that pic to me. So don’t say I don’t like you. Other guy with the YouTube show, you’re a real coward man. To dedicate 8 minutes to belittling another human being. Hope ya get a couple of clicks for this comment. That’s sad dude."

Seth's tweet after this was a response to Your's Truly (ME Fade2Black on the twitterverse) of me saying "um the guy in the video said he's a big fan of urs but he just doesn't like this current version of you. Did you even watch the video?" I tweeted this as I know a lot of people just respond to what people just post to them and don't watch the videos or read full quotes. Seth's response to me and my tweet are also on squared circle, ringside news and probably a few others by tomorrow. He tweeted me. "I did, all 8 minutes. Where he repeatedly called me a piece of #### and a pr*ck."

I also responded a few more times to him he did't respond back. I said to him hey based on what I've heard from fan reports and seen videos of you with fans you do come off that way intentional or not. Not saying you are that type of person but it does come off that way at times. 

Someone responded Joe is live now call in. Joe tweeted today even if Seth wanted too all WWE talent is banned from calling into his show and other podcasters not ok'd by WWE's PR relations guy Joe Villa (who's twitter is a pretty hardcore right winger) who he calls a spineless coward (Theres been other issues with Villa and podcasters or Villa saying one thing or promising and then BS and giving people the run around). It's why Seth couldn't mention Cronin by name. 

I responded again to Seth hoping for at least some sort of friendly twitter exchange (of hey lets all calm down this was more constructive criticism then anything else by Cronin type thing) with hey Joe saw you replied and is currently apologizing to you on his show. He also said if those words of calling you a piece of #### and ##### were not meant to say you are one but in that moment you did act like one there. His intention was never to disrespect you. Joe also retweeted Seth's initial Comment and said hey this wasn't meant to get clout or disrespect it's constructive Criticism. You were great to be at an ROH show back in the day. I'm still a big fan of yours 

Grim responded to Seth's tweet last night as well "Yea brother I was just busting balls with you I’m a huge fan and so is my brother and thanks for the tweet. I’m glad you don’t hate me"

Grim if you ever seen him is a big clown/jokster. He's done a lot pranks with wrestlers WWE etc. Some people find his humor funny others think he's a complete scumbag. He's the guy who Nia Jaxx went after for calling a battle cow. However Grim wasn't the one who even came up with that term. She would've had a ton of fans defending her if it wasn't the fact she let her fans go sharks smelling blood in water on Grim threatening him and his family, threatening to call Child services for his daughter repeating Nia the Battlecow etc. A few including myself asked Nia to please say something to not condone her fans behavior she ignored the whole thing. Then on TV and social media a few months later she's talking how we all need to be kind to one another and people blasted her bringing up her condoning her fans behavior too Grim. Then all the stuff with Becky and such happened and Nia lost a lot more of that support she had initial. 

Look I'm not defending Grim here as I think some of the stuff he does is funny where other stuff is plan stupid. However Seth could've handled this a little better. He could've played a long with it and brought the joke back on Grim. Grim even compliments him towards the end of the video with "hey hope you get your title back" Seth says "don't think so as it's on Smackdown now." Also Seth needs to learn not every singe fan is out to get him. Theres constructive criticism in here. Honestly if I was someone in WWE who was smart or some PR person I'd be going to Vince and say "hey look we need to get some better PR on Seth here. Also could we talk to Seth about maybe controlling his emotions more and maybe getting him better body language and interact with fans? He seems to have a perception of not caring about being at these meet and greets and routinely going after fans on social media. hey if he was heel and in kayfabe we'd get that and say he's doing great but he's suppose to be the FACE of our company. Either we need to talk to him or maybe its best we just turn this guy heel for now and let the dust settle on all of this?" 

I remember watching Seth in ROH as Tyler Black. He seemed great with the fans. When he entered WWE that person who I thought I knew in ROH changed. I don't know if he got an ego or just can't handle the spotlight that well? I have a source who's known Colby (his real name) since he was a teen and gonna ask him if something has changed with him or is there a bigger issue thats not being discussed going on with him. Just the way he acts I'm a little worried about the guy myself 

Tom Servo said:
Seth Defends himself vs fans

My coworker a big wrestling fan I showed him this morning Seth tweeting me and he informed me this was on squared circle reddit already 

Seth Rollins defends himself SquaredCircle

Also my co worker who works part time for WWE asked me jokingly what I did to piss off Seth Rollins. He read it this morning before work. I said I was simple asking if he watched the whole video. 

Seth did Joe a favor though as he went after Dave Meltzer as well right after that 

Last edited by a moderator:
millertyme1 said:
Imagine listening to human filth scumbag pot stirring e-beggar Joe Cronin. 

Yikes.
Tell that to all the wrestlers who actually listen to his show in the locker room. Or Famous B who has been on the show. 

Alexa Bliss is out with a shoulder Back issue. The reports aren't good on a diagnosis at this point from what I've read or talked to people already about 

Both Cody's promo and Jericho's video were great, but for different reasons.  Cody was the face spitting out a fire promo - hard hitting, emotional, and welcoming you in to his fight.  (The crack about Jericho's one book selling on Amazon for $3 was killer, BTW.)  Jericho's response (quoted) was a spoof of Cody's from a week or so back.

During a TV break before the main event, someone on Twitter noted that the crowd was yelling "STUPID D!CK" at Jericho.  He replied, "What?  Katie Vick?  Trust me, that wasn't my idea!"

:lmao:   :lmao:  

ETA: The use of Virgil and his comment about Olive Garden and unlimited breadsticks was funny too.

Both Cody's promo and Jericho's video were great, but for different reasons.  Cody was the face spitting out a fire promo - hard hitting, emotional, and welcoming you in to his fight.  (The crack about Jericho's one book selling on Amazon for $3 was killer, BTW.)  Jericho's response (quoted) was a spoof of Cody's from a week or so back.

During a TV break before the main event, someone on Twitter noted that the crowd was yelling "STUPID D!CK" at Jericho.  He replied, "What?  Katie Vick?  Trust me, that wasn't my idea!"

:lmao:   :lmao:  

ETA: The use of Virgil and his comment about Olive Garden and unlimited breadsticks was funny too.
Totally agree that both Cody and Jericho were awesome. Those two promos were the perfect look at why people are fired up about AEW. Neither would have made it through the WWE creative process.

Jericho's finishing move now is a reverse elbow off just a regular toss into the ropes?  okay.  I guess he does have a lot of extra weight he can throw into it.  But seems pretty tame.  Still more devastating than Cena's move.  

Jericho's finishing move now is a reverse elbow off just a regular toss into the ropes?  okay.  I guess he does have a lot of extra weight he can throw into it.  But seems pretty tame.  Still more devastating than Cena's move.  
Did you see him working on his technique during his promo?  Did you hear the "smack" into the pad? That move is devastating!!!

I caught the end of AEW last night when flipping around during commercials of the Blues game and was surprised at how much weight Jericho has put on. Wonder if he can’t do the code breaker anymore and that’s why he changed his (pinfall) finisher. 

I caught the end of AEW last night when flipping around during commercials of the Blues game and was surprised at how much weight Jericho has put on. Wonder if he can’t do the code breaker anymore and that’s why he changed his (pinfall) finisher. 
He uses it now for near falls.

Speaking of which, he'll probably bust it out when he faces HIROSHI TANAHASHI AT THE TOKYO DOME. :excited:

Not that the match needed it, but Cody's added stipulation to Saturday's title match really adds some intrigue. To those that didn't catch Cody's barnburner babyface promo last night, he stated if he lost against Jericho he would "never challenge for the AEW Championship again."

Personally, I had been thinking Jericho should keep the title until at least the May show, and possibly even until Chicago next September, but these types of storylines have me less concerned about "what's best for business" and just has me captured by the story they are telling. It's such a refreshing change to watching wrestling programming.

Not that the match needed it, but Cody's added stipulation to Saturday's title match really adds some intrigue. To those that didn't catch Cody's barnburner babyface promo last night, he stated if he lost against Jericho he would "never challenge for the AEW Championship again."

Personally, I had been thinking Jericho should keep the title until at least the May show, and possibly even until Chicago next September, but these types of storylines have me less concerned about "what's best for business" and just has me captured by the story they are telling. It's such a refreshing change to watching wrestling programming.
I'm not sure that Cody needs the belt as over as he is; I'm sure that has factored into the program here.

I'm not sure that Cody needs the belt as over as he is; I'm sure that has factored into the program here.
Right, and normally I would go through the calculus here. But more often than not I find myself stopping all that and just enjoying what is set before me. Very refreshing indeed.

It's kinda sad.  He did a drop kick from the ropes last night that looked terrible.  

NXT was amazing again. Just the perfect wrestling show for me. That roster is incredible. 

Surreal seeing AJ and the boys working Full Sail. 

Yeah this was my first thought when I saw him hit it on Hangman at All Out. Then he just pinned him for the 3 count. Me, never having seen it before was like.... that's it, it's over?

Yeah this was my first thought when I saw him hit it on Hangman at All Out. Then he just pinned him for the 3 count. Me, never having seen it before was like.... that's it, it's over?
He used it at Double or Nothing for the first time when he beat Kenny. Agreed it does not look impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread