Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, UOFI_316 said:

 

I understand that, but unless I imagined it, they have mentioned the lack of padding around the edges.

 

So he is now exactly what his pipe bomb was about, a part timer who gets to just show up and headline a PPV when the people working every day get passed over?

It was more so saying Punk has ZERO interest currently wrestling. He's happy where he's at mentally and physically now. The source even said even if all of that is agreed to it wouldn't shock them if Punk still said No. Also Punk was actually for Part timers coming in where it made sense in a storyline or something. Just felt they shouldn't take spots away from other talent who deserve to be on the show. Punk was talking about how WWE uses the part timers more as a ratings draw than anything else and that doesn't help the current talent either. 

People mistaken his pipe bomb as he was never for part timers. He's for them where it makes sense. Just didn't like how they were brought in taking spots from deserving talent all for ratings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DJackson10

    3016

  • Tom Servo

    2925

  • Craig_MiamiFL

    1405

  • Bogart

    1033

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to get on the road...     to Wrestlemania! I don't have exceptional seats, but I'll take a lot of pictures to share.

My 9 year said he would have liked Nakamura's intro if he didn't have that stupid violin player    but then I hit him with a Kinshasa and he piped down

BAYLEY to belly....big difference guy. 

19 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

ACH/Jordan Myles quits WWE.

Per Brad Shepard, a WWE source said he was fired and called him “insane”. 

Yikes. 

He was fired Myles didn't quit 

ACH has been fired by WWE, papers went out on the mail today. He will have no compensation and a no compete clause for 365 days, just like PAC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also per a source

"getting great intel that either the second or the season finale of the broken skull Steve Austin show will be a clear the air show with no other than CM Punk"

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

ACH/Jordan Myles quits WWE.

Per Brad Shepard, a WWE source said he was fired and called him “insane”. 

Yikes. 

Sucks for him but the dude was bat#### crazy. Heard a crazy rumor he was trying to get himself canned. He was suspended a month prior to all of this from the PC for conduct. I heard he made up most of the T-shirt crap. WWE told him to apologize or he'd be fired and WWE would make his life miserable not be able to find work. He apologizes and then continues to act like a clown. WWE today said enough is enough you are done. 

Play stupid games win stupid prizes as they say 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love AEW with JR. Replaying the highlights of Full Gear and I laugh during MJF turning on Codi and JR calling him a Little B@stard!!!!! God when's the last time you heard commentary like that in WWE besides Graves Holy ##### 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

Juventud!  Blast from the past. :lmao:

Juventud, Psicosis and Super Crazy are at the 2300 ECW Arena next Aug for a Lucha legends event. All 3 will be on a panel. Gonna try to get tickets closer to the event for this as Psicosis was one of my favorites growing up. Had my dad make a leather mask for me from an old leather tool belt looking like his mask for me when I was little too 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Punk showing up is just another instance of WWE using massively over old timers to prop up the current roster/company's tanking product. Oh yeah, and he's not going to be wrestling. So no, I'm not giving half a #### about some CM Punk analyst role.

Someone mentioned even though Fox hired him he could still technically sign with AEW and debut for them. How awkward would that be. The ultimate stick it to Vince 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Punk showing up is just another instance of WWE using massively over old timers to prop up the current roster/company's tanking product. Oh yeah, and he's not going to be wrestling. So no, I'm not giving half a #### about some CM Punk analyst role.

I saw something like this on Twitter:

The same fans who chant CM Punk's name at matches are the same ones calling him a sellout for being on this FOX show.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Damn, that makes me feel old. :lol: 

I thought their match at the Great American Bash that year was better, but the I Quit match was great as well. 

You and me both, GB. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Brad Shepherd has a source that’s said FOX was not happy about the stuffed dog segment on SDL last night. 

VKM is about to find out that someone has bigger grapefruits than him and will have no compunction about telling him what time it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Brad Shepherd has a source that’s said FOX was not happy about the stuffed dog segment on SDL last night. 

VKM is about to find out that someone has bigger grapefruits than him and will have no compunction about telling him what time it is. 

I missed everything last night because of BS at work 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Brad Shepherd has a source that’s said FOX was not happy about the stuffed dog segment on SDL last night. 

VKM is about to find out that someone has bigger grapefruits than him and will have no compunction about telling him what time it is. 

Also my co worker isn't doing Smackdown as it's more money to get credentials for them so he's only doing RAW so he didn't go last night but he told me it was a ####show anyway. I said at least Adam Cole Bey Bey got to come home 

Link to post
Share on other sites

From 2 sources and one being my coworker thanks to the guys being in town this week he was DM'd last night:

" WWE wants to get out of the way first fans wanting Punk vs Shane for Best in the World title and then see him in a realty match with Triple H. WWE is letting Punk settle in first, get familiar with the boys again then go and talk to him about it. They'd prefer a packaged deal with AJ Lee coming back and doing a storyline tag Match eventually involving The Authority." 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Brad Shepherd has a source that’s said FOX was not happy about the stuffed dog segment on SDL last night. 

VKM is about to find out that someone has bigger grapefruits than him and will have no compunction about telling him what time it is. 

Per Brad Shepherd 

In 7 episodes, #WWE #SmackdownOnFox has lost 1,538,000 viewers (about 40% of their initial audience). During the same period, they lost .70 viewers in the key 18-49 adult demographic (50% of their initial audience).

FOX probably asking why the F did they pay for this #### now 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

From 2 sources and one being my coworker thanks to the guys being in town this week he was DM'd last night:

" WWE wants to get out of the way first fans wanting Punk vs Shane for Best in the World title and then see him in a realty match with Triple H. WWE is letting Punk settle in first, get familiar with the boys again then go and talk to him about it. They'd prefer a packaged deal with AJ Lee coming back and doing a storyline tag Match eventually involving The Authority." 

I have said for years that Punk returning is the one thing that could possibly get me to watch WWE again, but I would rather he not come back rather than go back to work a program with Triple H and the rest of that ##### family.   

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ghost Rider said:

I have said for years that Punk returning is the one thing that could possibly get me to watch WWE again, but I would rather he not come back rather than go back to work a program with Triple H and the rest of that ##### family.   

If done correctly and Punk can speak freely like the Pipe Bombs a program with Hunter would be pretty good. However I do not want to see the whole Authority involved in it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Triple H can #### off into the nearest river. 

Look at it this way he works a program with punk he can't Bury any talent 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Look at it this way he works a program with punk he can't Bury any talent 

If I am CM Punk, there is no way I can trust that ##### to do the right thing.  Putting someone over is a lot more than who gets the W in a match where the outcome is predetermined.  Look at WM30.  Yeah, Triple H let Daniel Bryan win by eating the pin, but he dominated most of the match and Bryan's win came off like a fluke at the end.  

Edited by Ghost Rider
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

They'd prefer a packaged deal with AJ Lee coming back and doing a storyline tag Match eventually involving The Authority." 

Hard pass. Very hard pass. No more Authority storylines until 50 years after I’m dead. 

  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Look at WM30.  Yeah, Triple H let Daniel Bryan win by eating the pin, but he dominated most of the match and Bryan's win came off like a fluke at the end.  

Given the size difference between the two, it does make sense. 

Not that HHH isn’t a jerk; because he probably is. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

If I am CM Punk, there is no way I can trust that ##### to do the right thing.  Putting someone over is a lot more than who gets the W in a match where the outcome is predetermined.  Look at WM30.  Yeah, Triple H let Daniel Bryan win by eating the pin, but he dominated most of the match and Bryan's win came off like a fluke at the end.  

It's almost like Bryan was the underdog.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I tuned into Raw with about 5 minutes left in the program and I could have sworn it was a rerun from this time last year, except that Lynch didn't come in and get her jaw broken.  Guess the new thing is SD (and now NXT) wearing blue shirts and attacking "unsuspecting" Raw talent in the locker room, hallways, in the ring.  Friday the red shirts will invade a gravely unprepared and unsuspecting SD roster.  And red and blue will probably invade NXT on Wednesday.  it will be bedlam!  :mellow:

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

I tuned into Raw with about 5 minutes left in the program and I could have sworn it was a rerun from this time last year, except that Lynch didn't come in and get her jaw broken.  Guess the new thing is SD (and now NXT) wearing blue shirts and attacking "unsuspecting" Raw talent in the locker room, hallways, in the ring.  Friday the red shirts will invade a gravely unprepared and unsuspecting SD roster.  And red and blue will probably invade NXT on Wednesday.  it will be bedlam!  :mellow:

Now that I have options, I refuse to watch WWE as I don't need that kind of repetitive stupidity in my life.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

Now that I have options, I refuse to watch WWE as I don't need that kind of repetitive stupidity in my life.

I fast forward most of the wrestling, watch some of the promos.  I have it down to maybe 45 minutes or so and still find myself asking why I bother.

It would feel so good to just let go :lmao:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

I fast forward most of the wrestling, watch some of the promos.  I have it down to maybe 45 minutes or so and still find myself asking why I bother.

It would feel so good to just let go :lmao:

I did and I feel so much better.

I watch NWA Power, AEW, and ROH and I'm satisfied.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...