What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Ricky Starks is so entertaining. 
I fear for NWA (and himself TBH) that someone's gonna snatch him up and neuter his character.

NWA's done one helluva job hand selecting the talent that fits their product (except for the bizarre decision to thrust this Marty Scurll guy in their main event of the now cancelled Crockett Cup). I love Starks in that TV title/opening-middle card act scene. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I fear for NWA (and himself TBH) that someone's gonna snatch him up and neuter his character.

NWA's done one helluva job hand selecting the talent that fits their product. I love Starks in that TV title/opening-middle card act scene. 
Hopefully he is too small for the WWE, and hopefully he likes his options in the NWA versus the AEW. The really good thing about the NWA is you can get exposure there, work Japan and Mexico, and then also have the freedom to work the indies. 

I know three to five companies just in the North Texas area where Starks, Drake or Rosa could main event and make a nice check for one nights work.

So they're looking to get a bunch of new subscribers by making it seem like you don't have to subscribe.
I'm getting my free watches in before they yank the deal.

Last night was Hulk - Andre from WM3 and Great American Bash '88 from Greensboro (main event: War Games).

Watched the NWA "pop-up" show from Jan 2019. (Sorry, I'm probably posting too much about them, but it's what I'm watching right now.)

It's amazing how far they have come in just 15 months. You had Matt Cross in the semi-main event. You had Tim Storm WAY over as a babyface. You had David Arquette in a hair vs. hair match. No knock against any of these guys, I have posted plenty about my love of Storm, Matt Cross is super entertaining, and Arquette's story is super unique, but to see where they are now is just fun to see. These guys are first half of the card performers now, not headlining the show.

Lashley misses tapings

Lashley vs. Black was reportedly taped this week to air on the two-night WrestleMania 36 broadcast in early April. We noted before that Lana being available for WrestleMania actually led to WWE putting Lashley back on the WrestleMania card, in the match with Black. Lana had been away filming the “Cosmic Sin” sci-fi action movie with Bruce Willis in Georgia, but because of the coronavirus impact on Hollywood work, she was available earlier than expected. Lana’s availability led to the decision to move forward with Lashley vs. Black, which has had no build.
A match with no build?  THE HELL YOU SAY!!!!!!

Teddy Hart arrested for the third time this year. 

Regarding today’s arrest, Hart was at the home of indie talent Ace Montana when he allegedly assaulted his girlfriend Maria Manic, who has been vocal online about her support of Hart through his troubles this year. Montana claimed that he then pulled a gun on Hart. Montana posted a Facebook video, seen below, that shows Hart leaving the scene, and denying that he assaulted Manic.

Montana wrote on Facebook with the video, “I literally had to pull my gun on #Teddyhart and throw him out of my friends house . This piece of #### literally choked out and physically assaulted Maria Manic and would not let her get help. she texted me I’m in danger never ever did I think I would meet a piece of #### like this guy who has now been arrested with a felony against him. I don’t think this guy knew how close to death he was. #####youteddyheart This video is me kick him out before the cops came and arrested him
He's obviously trying to catch Sunny for most times being jailed.

Had to look up what a "boneyard match" is for Taker vs. AJ. Feels like a train wreck waiting to happen. Doesn't take place in a ring, anything goes, maybe a grave involved? Probably covers up Taker's age and allows for the lack of a crowd. Still just messed up.

Watched the Bret Hart Broken Skull Session for the second night in a row yesterday. Amazing episode. They gave a full 30 minutes just for the Screwjob. Hearing him tell it in depth was some of the most gripping TV I've watched in a long time. On the edge of my seat the entire way.

Watched the Bret Hart Broken Skull Session for the second night in a row yesterday. Amazing episode. They gave a full 30 minutes just for the Screwjob. Hearing him tell it in depth was some of the most gripping TV I've watched in a long time. On the edge of my seat the entire way.
I still think Bret was in on it. I think either a) this is the greatest long con of all time, or b) Bret isn't all there mentally, and lives in this world of reality that he has created. 

Vince has made so much money off the angle and Bret has an extended career and great story to tell.

I really missed MJF's commentary from the front row this week, "You are in good shape, for a potato" after Chuck Taylor flexed. At least last week there were some "fans", this week with the "locker room cam" or whatever that was, was just weird.    And I love the "you aren't the first old timer who didn't believe in me" line from Brodie Lee in his promo last week.

And the "live" view of Matt Hardy magically moving down the stands.  What was their plan if they actually had fans?

Watched Fighting with my Family a couple nights ago. Interesting. Anyone know how close to true that story is?

Oddly they didn't include Paige's backstage escapade that was captured on video. :oldunsure:

I think they are keeping their powder dry, and behind the paywall, with 31. Show it when we are REALLY desperate for sports. 

Speaking of 31, had the Network's "Best WM matches" on this weekend in the background. Almost 6 hours long. The Hogan/Andre match is still crazy for how heel heat hot Andre was (fans throwing tons of trash at him and Brain as he entered the ring, how over Hogan was and what a horrible match it was. Meanwhile, 4 hours later, you get the main event of 31 and is still amazing. I actually clapped out loud as Rollins comes sprinting down and jumped up on the second Curb Stomp.

I think they are keeping their powder dry, and behind the paywall, with 31. Show it when we are REALLY desperate for sports. 

Speaking of 31, had the Network's "Best WM matches" on this weekend in the background. Almost 6 hours long. The Hogan/Andre match is still crazy for how heel heat hot Andre was (fans throwing tons of trash at him and Brain as he entered the ring, how over Hogan was and what a horrible match it was. Meanwhile, 4 hours later, you get the main event of 31 and is still amazing. I actually clapped out loud as Rollins comes sprinting down and jumped up on the second Curb Stomp.
When the E makes it available for free on the network, it doesn't seem to make much sense.  But, hey, whatever... :shrug:

When the E makes it available for free on the network, it doesn't seem to make much sense.  But, hey, whatever... :shrug:
Is the network free right now? I haven't been keeping up with what is available and what isn't. If that's the case, then yeah.

Is the network free right now? I haven't been keeping up with what is available and what isn't. If that's the case, then yeah.
It's like.....partially available. Free, but with limited selection. From here:

In a press release from the company, WWE explained, "This unprecedented offering to WWE fans worldwide includes each epic installment to date of WrestleMania, plus, every Royal Rumble, SummerSlam and Survivor Series event; every NXT TakeOver and NXT UK TakeOver; and groundbreaking originals such as the entire WWE 24 docuseries, Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions interview show, the recent five-episode hit, WWE Ruthless Aggression, and its 20-episode predecessor, The Monday Night War series."

Still promoting Reigns-Goldberg as of tonight. I just can’t imagine what this is going to look like this weekend. How do you make this feel big?  
I'm actually looking forward to it. But, at this point, I am just looking for anything to be excited about. 

That being said, I don't think there is anything they can do. Small arena, no fans.......it might be pretty brutal. But it's better than nothing.

Just went back and watched that Main Event. Just absolutely perfect booking. Brilliance. I also still have a reaction when his music hits for the cash in.

It's like.....partially available. Free, but with limited selection. From here:

In a press release from the company, WWE explained, "This unprecedented offering to WWE fans worldwide includes each epic installment to date of WrestleMania, plus, every Royal Rumble, SummerSlam and Survivor Series event; every NXT TakeOver and NXT UK TakeOver; and groundbreaking originals such as the entire WWE 24 docuseries, Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions interview show, the recent five-episode hit, WWE Ruthless Aggression, and its 20-episode predecessor, The Monday Night War series."
I've had it up for about a week now.  All the WMs are available and things like that.  Hidden Gems is where I've been a lot.  I watched the whole card of The Last Battle of Atlanta and The Great American Bash from 1988 in Greensboro.  The OMG series on ECW brought back a lot of things I'd forgotten and I watched a Table for 3 with Madusa, Ivory and Molly Holly.

My point is, I've been bouncing around the older stuff of their content and can pretty much watch what I want. :shrug:

I'm actually looking forward to it. But, at this point, I am just looking for anything to be excited about. 

That being said, I don't think there is anything they can do. Small arena, no fans...….it might be pretty brutal. But it's better than nothing.
I don't know about that.  :pokey:

Tom Servo said:
Payne said:

That being said, I don't think there is anything they can do. Small arena, no fans...….it might be pretty brutal. But it's better than nothing.
I don't know about that.
I have memories of the Halftime Heat empty arena fight between The Rock and Mankind dancing around in my memory banks.  I can't recall if it was good or not.  :unsure:  

Tom Servo said:
I've had it up for about a week now.  All the WMs are available and things like that.  Hidden Gems is where I've been a lot.  I watched the whole card of The Last Battle of Atlanta and The Great American Bash from 1988 in Greensboro.  The OMG series on ECW brought back a lot of things I'd forgotten and I watched a Table for 3 with Madusa, Ivory and Molly Holly.

My point is, I've been bouncing around the older stuff of their content and can pretty much watch what I want. :shrug:
The Table for 3 series was pretty disappointing to me. I only tried one, the Sting DDP Vader one, but that turned into propaganda pumping up the modern WWE talent. I was like WTF.

I have memories of the Halftime Heat empty arena fight between The Rock and Mankind dancing around in my memory banks.  I can't recall if it was good or not.  :unsure:  
I remember being so damn excited for that. And my 11 year old self making my dad, uncle, and rest of the family change the channel to watch a wrestling match during the SB. Good times.

Also have no idea if it was actually good.

I remember being so damn excited for that. And my 11 year old self making my dad, uncle, and rest of the family change the channel to watch a wrestling match during the SB. Good times.

Also have no idea if it was actually good.
It was decent.  It was also a one-off.  No one foresaw wrestling continuing business in empty arenas on the regular.

Then again, no one foresaw a stupid virus that came from China.

Users who are viewing this thread