What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (8 Viewers)

Solid match. They both did great. Loved the Pedigree/Rock Bottom spot the best. Overall the rest of the PPV was nothing to write home about. 
PPV was pretty bad. The match went on far too long. I thought it was a disgrace they used others finishers however I know Edge did the 3 Amigos in tribute to Eddie and an Angle Slam to tribute Kurt who both were good friends of his. That I didn't mind. Other's finishers should be off limits though

Tom Servo said:
UPDATE: Bar Wrestling deleted its twitter account, as has Joey Ryan.  BTE has taken down shows with Joey Ryan in them (3, I believe).
Joey Ryan blocked me before deleting his account after I called him out on his "apology". From people I know the dude has never set foot in a rehab facility and was still doing some of these things as recently as a year ago. The dude is a lying sack of  :censored:  if I ever saw one. 

If this means scumbags like Joey Ryan are purged from the industry, then this uncomfortable time in wrestling will have been well worth it.
I never liked Joey Ryan nor the gimmick. Just didn't see why so many loved it. For me whenever I saw people make fun of wrestling gifs from his matches with the gimmick were always shown. I don't mind comedy wrestling especially sometimes stupid or corny. Santino Marella comes to mind in the later. Then you got a guy like Orange Cassidy who is a great wrestler but does well in the comedy stuff as well. Give me that over the crap Joey was doing any day. Plus over the last few yrs I heard a lot of he said she said about this guy from a sexual standpoint. Some didn't come forward as they didn't believe (A victim told my one wrestling buddy what he did) they had enough proof and the promotion it happened at was known for harboring scumbags to begin with. All I'll say is this dude is lucky I'm not one of these girls' father. 

Sammy Guevara suspended without pay.  His salary will be donated to a local women’s shelter. 
Some people are actually upset he got this. You mean you don't like the fact comments have consequences? I agree suspending him for something said 4 yrs ago is pretty wrong. My thought is someone had it out for him and just went digging for past tweets. Thats what these SJW's do because they don't care if you've changed or not. I can't say if Sammy has changed at all. This isn't me saying something shouldn't be done but the fact this did happen when he wasn't in this company nor was it around then seems dumb to suspend him. This seems like AEW doing PR Damaged control with everything going on. If this speak out wasn't happening does anyone really think Sammy gets suspended? maybe a talking to and hey donate some money to a local charity but not suspended. 

And I'm not defending Sammy for what he said. It was highly inappropriate but to dig up people's old tweets makes you no better then the person you exposed. It's IMHO cyber bullying at it's finest. And yes you can say I did it with Ryan Satin but that was literally like 4 months before he signed with FOX to do WWE stuff and Triple H was pretty pissed about Ryan's tweet after finding out but couldn't do anything because Vince didn't care nor could WWE do a thing because Ryan was hired by FOX not WWE. Nor did WWE want to cause issues with a new TV Partner. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Impact has released David Crist and Joey Ryan. Michel Elgin is suspended.

Crist was already gone from the company as before this the Impact locker room unanimously voted to ban him from it. He sent unsolicited pics to someone

Elgin sent emails from a fake name including a pic of his uh hem MEMBER to a person saying he and his wife had an arrangement and she was ok as long as she didn't hear about it. The person in the emails spoke fluent English and was sending Emails on Japan time. When the person realized it was Mike the emails from him stopped. 

WWE Backstage is all but canceled. 70% of the employees for the show have been laid off. 

Some people are actually upset he got this. You mean you don't like the fact comments have consequences? I agree suspending him for something said 4 yrs ago is pretty wrong. My thought is someone had it out for him and just went digging for past tweets. Thats what these SJW's do because they don't care if you've changed or not. I can't say if Sammy has changed at all. This isn't me saying something shouldn't be done but the fact this did happen when he wasn't in this company nor was it around then seems dumb to suspend him. This seems like AEW doing PR Damaged control with everything going on. If this speak out wasn't happening does anyone really think Sammy gets suspended? maybe a talking to and hey donate some money to a local charity but not suspended. 

And I'm not defending Sammy for what he said. It was highly inappropriate but to dig up people's old tweets makes you no better then the person you exposed. It's IMHO cyber bullying at it's finest. And yes you can say I did it with Ryan Satin but that was literally like 4 months before he signed with FOX to do WWE stuff and Triple H was pretty pissed about Ryan's tweet after finding out but couldn't do anything because Vince didn't care nor could WWE do a thing because Ryan was hired by FOX not WWE. Nor did WWE want to cause issues with a new TV Partner. 
Was Sammy being a dumb kid?  Absolutely. The reason why mentors exist is so that he doesn't say stupid stuff like this on a podcast.  If you ask him now, I'd be willing to bet he'd say it was unprofessional and stupid.

OTOH, the word "rape" - especially when placed with the f bomb - was going to get him wrecked regardless. I know there are a lot of people out there going "OmG! iT wAs JuSt A jOkE".  Well, it isn't to the young lady you're talking about.  You're "joking" about exercising your will to force someone to do something they don't want to do.  Yes, you've figuratively finished up and gone on your merry way; meanwhile she has to live with the shame and guilt of what happens to her, and lasts pretty much the rest of her life. 

If you're a gentleman, you can express your attraction to a woman along the lines of "She's very pretty", "she looks good", "I'd love to be her boyfriend", etc.  What you absolutely cannot do is talk about forcibly having carnal relations with a woman.  It has always been so; it's just now there are more and louder voice coming forward to condemn it.  When I was his age - back in the 20th century - my dad or other adult male would've slapped me upside of my head for saying that...but it would've been between the two of us and would go no further.  Today, the women and a lot of men are standing up publicly to call out these shenanigans.  And they should.

Well said @Tom Servo

The problem with this business, and I think you can say the same for stand-up comedy which is also having the same issues, is that it's been decades and decades of being a "boys club", of unwritten rules, of "ring rats" and vulgar expectations. Most wrestlers are going to get rich or even make a living off doing it. It about either the love of preforming, or the want of small time fame, and the sex, drugs and rock and roll that come with it. That second reason has to stop.

Wrestling will go on, it always does. Just gotta get rid of some of this unwanted baggage to make everyone feel more welcome in the club.

Was Sammy being a dumb kid?  Absolutely. The reason why mentors exist is so that he doesn't say stupid stuff like this on a podcast.  If you ask him now, I'd be willing to bet he'd say it was unprofessional and stupid.

OTOH, the word "rape" - especially when placed with the f bomb - was going to get him wrecked regardless. I know there are a lot of people out there going "OmG! iT wAs JuSt A jOkE".  Well, it isn't to the young lady you're talking about.  You're "joking" about exercising your will to force someone to do something they don't want to do.  Yes, you've figuratively finished up and gone on your merry way; meanwhile she has to live with the shame and guilt of what happens to her, and lasts pretty much the rest of her life. 

If you're a gentleman, you can express your attraction to a woman along the lines of "She's very pretty", "she looks good", "I'd love to be her boyfriend", etc.  What you absolutely cannot do is talk about forcibly having carnal relations with a woman.  It has always been so; it's just now there are more and louder voice coming forward to condemn it.  When I was his age - back in the 20th century - my dad or other adult male would've slapped me upside of my head for saying that...but it would've been between the two of us and would go no further.  Today, the women and a lot of men are standing up publicly to call out these shenanigans.  And they should.
I'm not necessary disagreeing with what you said at all but this bolded is the bigger concern for me. Key words IT WAS HANDLED BETWEEN YOU GUYS AND OVER WITH. Yes more women are speaking out but others now getting involved do to social media can now ruin someones career. I've seen people trying to "got em" famous people with old tweets they made in their younger days from 10 yrs ago or before they matured. How is that right? And because of the overly PC culture we live in you are gonna harm the person more then you think trying to help them. Yeah it was stupid and dumb but guess what people change over time. I've said some stupid things or done stupid things when I was younger. If I was famous and had that stuff on social media (Which I fortunately don't) I'd hate for someone to bring that up now and be like "oh look what he said or did when he was in HS or college!!! He's terrible human!!!" I'm about to be 32 in 2 days time and I've grown well past that person I was back then. I'd hate for someone to say well because of these things back then you are gone and it ruins my chance at other careers. 

Again not saying actions don't have consequences but like you said when you grew up and I can attest as it happened with me this was settled between you and adults in your life. No one else got involved. it was handled and we moved on. Today a lot of people are just looking to ruin others careers for pure jealously and other things. We need to look more into these things other than what and when this person tweeted or did this. Why is someone bringing this tweet up now? I just don't think a lot of these people should be praised for digging up old tweets or other social media posts. Theres always some sort of agenda for themselves behind it in most cases. It's not always about weeding out the bad apples. We have to be careful how we handle these things more. 

There are benefits to being in your mid-50s. 😉

Seriously, that's why cancel culture is so toxic.  By it's very nature, it leaves no room for forgiveness or a real sense of contrition. Someone can be genuinely sorry, but everyone else hand waves it away as a PR stunt to try and call off the dogs.

If Sammy, Joey, and the rest come out and say, "I was wrong, it was stupid and wrong, and I apologize to everyone I've hurt" and then go out and live changed lives and have a new attitude, people would forgive them.  That's how we are.  But, no body wants to do that anymore.  Now, we want to cancel people, hound them out of the public square, and then wipe them from collective existence.  The accused hide behind lawyers for fear of being sued.  As such, we place a lot of people between the guilty and the victim, making resolution and restitution much more difficult.  

If all of the accused would say that sentence from their heart - and prove it with their lives - I can forgive them.  (And, as an aside, my advice to you as a young and single man is to remember the phrase "I was wrong; will you please forgive me?" will come in handy when you're a married man.)

There are benefits to being in your mid-50s. 😉

Seriously, that's why cancel culture is so toxic.  By it's very nature, it leaves no room for forgiveness or a real sense of contrition. Someone can be genuinely sorry, but everyone else hand waves it away as a PR stunt to try and call off the dogs.

If Sammy, Joey, and the rest come out and say, "I was wrong, it was stupid and wrong, and I apologize to everyone I've hurt" and then go out and live changed lives and have a new attitude, people would forgive them.  That's how we are.  But, no body wants to do that anymore.  Now, we want to cancel people, hound them out of the public square, and then wipe them from collective existence.  The accused hide behind lawyers for fear of being sued.  As such, we place a lot of people between the guilty and the victim, making resolution and restitution much more difficult.  

If all of the accused would say that sentence from their heart - and prove it with their lives - I can forgive them.  (And, as an aside, my advice to you as a young and single man is to remember the phrase "I was wrong; will you please forgive me?" will come in handy when you're a married man.)
Yeah not saying you were wrong Just think theres more of a downside to the Cancel culture then positive. It was good at first but so many people are using it for the wrong reasons now. I know a neighbor who was accused of something and fired (Can't remember what it was something about numbers being off money wise and potentially stealing from the company) from their job because of this but was found out later it was an ex employee they fired for good reasoning who kept stalking them. My neighbor filed a wrongful termination and it almost ended his career the firing. Its why I said we need to be careful and see what the intentions are. He got a job at a better company more understanding of his situation. His theory is that his former company then had liked the ex employee fired and giving them protection (Family friend or something of one of the execs) and was told to stop pursuing this. However my neighbor took this to HR and others and a private investigator and found wrong doing. The company was pissed and probably knew who the accusations were by too so they thought they could get away with it. 

Guys like Joey are never gonna change however. I was talking to DJ Hyde last year at a CZW event (since my co worker is in the known with them and gets comp tickets and get backstage) about Joey Ryan and he said they found some stuff out about Joey similar to whats come out and after the 2018 event stopped booking him. This is why I originally stated don't be surprised when more worse stuff leaks on him but I've heard stuff from others on joey from other Wrestlers.  I asked him why they didn't go public with this and DJ said promotions can do whatever they want. I don't want to play big brother and tell promotions how to run theirs as I'd hate it for them to do to me. He reached out to personal friends in other promotions who he thought should know and wanted to protect plus his own company but that was as far as he did. CZW apparently when they asked Joey about the allegations he said he was seeking help and named a spot he went to for help in California. The office told them they never had anyone by his name there or info. Asked personal friends and some family who said Joey hasn't and suspected him of doing things as well. So DJ and CZW decided not to continue on with Joey Ryan. Like I said Joey lied about what he was doing for help. Guys like Joey should be canceled. What happened to my neighbor shouldn't and we need more to protect those cases. Matt Riddle could've gone down the same path but luckily for him WWE already knew about this stalker. Riddle has been incredible honest and has even documented proof of all the incidents and all involving the stalker. Thats where I hate the cancel culture plus some of the stuff they try to cancel is a reach too. 

This movement is going to have sweeping changes in the entire industry. My little local company here, MPX Wrestling got hit, as Dirty Andy Dalton (not the QB), a regular all over Texas had several accusations against him. He took quick responsibility for the first, lesser one and then much worse ones came out against him, and he has been radio silent. He was supposed to be in the main event title match Saturday night, but the company pulled him. MPX has already been labeled "a boys club" and "safe haven for creeps", so it will be interesting to see what they do going forward.

Dalton's roommate and fellow wrestler, Jaxon Stone (a huge mental health advocate) has already come out and stated while he wants to help his friend get the help he needs, he has also ended all professional relationships with him and they are working on the living situation with both names on the least. I don't think Dalton wrestles again, and if the allegations are true, he shouldn't.
Another woman came out on twitter calling Dalton a piece of garbage and a predator, and the interesting part, is that half the MPX roster, including his roommate liked the post. This guy is clearly clearly done in this business.

MPX has done a good job coming out and clearly identifying certain talent that will never work with them again. And have posted new policies going forward regarding protecting talent (separate locker rooms, no one on one airport pickups/dropoffs, zero tolerance policy). Will be interesting to see if they follow through. I do think smaller companies are going to feel a hit from a decrease in talent, and will be interesting to see which company "forgives and forgets" and gives one of these guys another chance.

Moxley pulled from tonight's Dynamite due to COVID exposure concerns

"Recently @JonMoxley had contact with someone who had contact with someone who has COVID-19. Mox did the right thing & warned us. Doc asked him to stay home & get tested to protect us here at our test site. Cage will be in action tonight on #AEWDynamite ahead of their title fight," Khan tweeted.

Khan later added, "Jon Moxley can get slammed on a car, crawl through tacks & fall through the stage, but it's every bit as cool that he came forward & told us he'd had secondhand exposure to COVID. We test everyone here at #AEWDynamite, but Jon protected everyone onsite like the great champ he is"

On this sad day where I have to bury my brother, a little bit of sunshine poked through.  THE Nikita Koloff like a tweet of mine.
Sorry to hear about your brother. Tough to lose a family member. Had he been sick for awhile? My one customer recently retired from the township had a friend from work he was good buddies with working for the township died after being crushed by the trash truck lever somehow yesterday. Absolutely horrible. Positive thoughts your way 

Renee Young has it. Half the talent from the last tapings according to wrestling sheet tested positive including in ring talent. I guess fans won't be upset with Roman, Sami, KO and others who took off during this time. Simon Johnson Rock's daughter who tested positive last week was at the tapings on Monday. Clearly WWE doesn't give a #### about the talent or their staff. If I'm a WWE staffer I'd probably be filing a lawsuit right now for unsafe working environment. 

QT Marshal was in contact with someone who tested positive too

Strong rumors after the allegations against him ROH will fire Marty Scrull. Also the guys in The Elite had a vote and informed Scrull he's no longer welcomed in their circle so no one start Scrull to AEW rumors. 

Sorry to hear about your brother. Tough to lose a family member. Had he been sick for awhile? My one customer recently retired from the township had a friend from work he was good buddies with working for the township died after being crushed by the trash truck lever somehow yesterday. Absolutely horrible. Positive thoughts your way 
He had cancer. Mom thinks he got it while working for Asplundh as a tree trimmer. He practically bathed in Riund Up the three summers he worked for them. 

Local wrestling news out of this speak out stuff:

Philly Promotion CHIKARI run by Mike Quackenbush is shutting down and Mike is giving his resignation to the North Philly Wrestling Factory training facility of the promotion. Some of the other trainers and wrestlers have quit the promotion prior some trainees saying even though they believe some of these allegations are fake and many may not include them they still do not want to be a part of this. Very sad as CHIKARI is just 2 yrs short of celebrating 2 decades of a company and has been one of the best local promotions outside of CZW and ROH to come from Philly out of the whole ECW Fall out. AEW Ref Bryce Remsburg is from this promotion. Jigsaw AKA Rubix has made appearances for TNA/Impact back in the day of the X-Division when it was super popular. Bryan Alvarez is a former alumni among many other notable names as The Briscoe Brothers, Adam Cole, LAX (Old school), Jon Moxley, AJ Styles and numerous other former WWE/AEW/IMpact/NJPW stars. 

Mike is accused of making statements and jokes from racial to homophobic as well as an inappropriate relationship with a female trainee while Married. As well as pointing out an attractive female fan in the audience to trainees and then one trainee later bragging how he had sex with her after the show. 

I've met Mike only a couple times so from my experience maybe different then others. I wouldn't call Mike a friend but was friends enough if I was at a show with my good buddy who'd I go with he'd acknowledge us and come over and have a chat. Was always appreciative of us coming in and about 4 yrs I got a free tour of the Wrestling Factory which was pretty cool. So to me some of this stuff is pretty shocking as Mike never showed many signs of this to us. He was always friendly and would constantly ask how our families were and talk about he and his wife. Very sad day in the Philly wrestling scene to add onto the ROH stuff with Marty Scrull 

He had cancer. Mom thinks he got it while working for Asplundh as a tree trimmer. He practically bathed in Riund Up the three summers he worked for them. 
Sorry to hear. Not sure how to say this without looking bad but at the very least I'm glad it was not something sudden. At least you could prepare for this day and he no longer suffers. 

WWE's handling of COVID-19 is an absolute dumpster fire.
Absolutely terrible. Like I stated if I'm a WWE employee I'm lawyering up especially if I was told to work with this. From one of my sources some of the staff had no choice but to work or risk losing their job or anything else. If this is true I'd absolutely look in legal action against WWE. But should anyone be surprised? Look who Vince is friends with and you really can tell. 

Tom Servo said:
Daga must be quite the man to keep her in Mexico.

ETA: Moose can now petition to have that title merged with his TNA world title. :lol:
I will admit, I would pop huge if Tessa shows up in WWE. AEW is still lacking in the number of quality opponents for her.

But, Tessa vs. Flair, Tessa vs. Baszler, Tessa vs. Becky.....sign me up.

Tom Servo said:
Daga must be quite the man to keep her in Mexico.

ETA: Moose can now petition to have that title merged with his TNA world title. :lol:
I've heard from multiple people she's very difficult to work with and after the latest fiasco of accusations, even though she apologized they were just gonna keep the title on her till they figured out a good storyline to take it off her without some SJW going off on them 

I will admit, I would pop huge if Tessa shows up in WWE. AEW is still lacking in the number of quality opponents for her.

But, Tessa vs. Flair, Tessa vs. Baszler, Tessa vs. Becky.....sign me up.
Last I heard Tessa isn't welcomed in WWE. Also considering how AEW portrays itself and her racist and bullying accusations, after how AEW handled Sammy Guervara this would be egg on their face if signing her. Yes she's talented but she's incredible difficult to work with and comes with a ton of baggage. Maybe she'd act better in AEW with her father around but not sure they want to deal with her

per a source 

It looks like Vickie Guerrero will be a heel manager at AEW soon. She’s moving on from WWE thus moving on from her late husband so one only means she’s managing someone without the Guerrero line attached to it

Also according to John pollock WWE has release NXTUK talents Ligero and Travis Banks do to allegations 

Last I heard Tessa isn't welcomed in WWE. Also considering how AEW portrays itself and her racist and bullying accusations, after how AEW handled Sammy Guervara this would be egg on their face if signing her. Yes she's talented but she's incredible difficult to work with and comes with a ton of baggage. Maybe she'd act better in AEW with her father around but not sure they want to deal with her
You have to ask yourself, why would the E - who just laid off a bunch of people - hire anyone with the toxic reputation she has?  

Many people overestimate Tessa's relationship with Tully.  Tully is a sperm donor; Magnum TA is the guy she calls dad.

You have to ask yourself, why would the E - who just laid off a bunch of people - hire anyone with the toxic reputation she has?  

Many people overestimate Tessa's relationship with Tully.  Tully is a sperm donor; Magnum TA is the guy she calls dad.
Exactly or why AEW would hire her after what they did with Sammy. I mean would I be surprised if WWE did sign her? No because Vince is obvlivous to current events. Now that doesn't mean they'd bring her in now. Vince would probably wait till like Summerslam or Survivor Series to do so or she'd go to AEW 

This goes along with what a source told me after the positive tests. 

Source told me WWE is very quite who tested positive. The talent and staff have been told to deal with it themselves. WWE company is stuck in its ways and a lot of talent and staff are PO'd. Because WWE is a private company they felt CDC guidelines like wearing masks didn't apply them. Allegedly Kevin Dunn told talent in as fans that wearing a mask did not make you a wrestling fan. Called the testing a cluster #### and they didn't start actual covid19 testings till Simone tested positive a week before. She was in the crowd as an extra btw this past Monday. WWE isn't telling anyone who tested positive or to even quarantine they are doing so on their own. More and more people are thinking about telling WWE they are taking time off till this goes away but some feel if they do so they could lose their jobs. 

Now an anonymous Wrestler talked to wrestlinginc today and said Talent has been left to fend for themselves.   No one was told who was positive and the safety standards are not there. "OBVIOUS WWE DOESNT CARE ABOUT US OR OR SAFETY" and they are oblivious to current events. Said the staff and talent are banning together but doesn't see WWE corporate doing so anytime soon. Called it a trainwreck already derailed and it will only get worse if people don't stand up and act now. 

Per a source and something I've heard talked about for a while 

Velveteen Dream WILL BE released no later than June 30. It has been determined that he will be too much of a liability moving forward. A sad ending to what appeared to be the next real face of WWE.

Ok so I was talking to some sources today on this. NOTE: This is not meant to become political just more of a discussion on why fans might be doing stuff.

So we were talking about why ratings are bad. Ive always been open with my WWE sources as they always like the feedback from being a diehard from the 90s. One of them has a close producer buddy who reports directly to Paul Levasque. So we were talking in a group chat with someone from another promotion as well as an Indy wrestler why WWE ratings are so down. Besides the obvious bad story telling, terrible promos, bad character build, etc etc this point was brought up which I thought was crazy but then when he went into more detail made sense. 

Could part of the problem be that WWE fans associate WWE and Vince McMahon with Donald Trump and because of how divisive and controversial he is and Vince being buddy buddy with him are fans just tuning out to boycott anything dealing with Trump? Yes the horrible content put out helps fans do this easier but think about it. We've all heard the stories of Vince (Many of them true) as he doesn't pay much attention to the news or current events. Him and Trump are good friends. It's believed WWE was still able to go because his Wife Linda made a contribution to a political and the Governor of FL both very close Trump Allies. Vince doesn't really make his political beliefs as blatant and open as others but many know he's a conservative and does support Trump. Considering how Vince has treated the whole virus thing too (similar fashion to Trump) are fans just sick of Vince and Donny at this point and just saying screw it he associates with Trump I'm not putting my time nor money into this product anymore? 

Could be part of the reason. We didn't say it was the main reason but definitely part of the issue IMHO 

Could part of the problem be that WWE fans associate WWE and Vince McMahon with Donald Trump and because of how divisive and controversial he is and Vince being buddy buddy with him are fans just tuning out to boycott anything dealing with Trump? Yes the horrible content put out helps fans do this easier but think about it. We've all heard the stories of Vince (Many of them true) as he doesn't pay much attention to the news or current events. Him and Trump are good friends. It's believed WWE was still able to go because his Wife Linda made a contribution to a political and the Governor of FL both very close Trump Allies. Vince doesn't really make his political beliefs as blatant and open as others but many know he's a conservative and does support Trump. Considering how Vince has treated the whole virus thing too (similar fashion to Trump) are fans just sick of Vince and Donny at this point and just saying screw it he associates with Trump I'm not putting my time nor money into this product anymore? 

Could be part of the reason. We didn't say it was the main reason but definitely part of the issue IMHO 
I'm not buying this one.  Could there be members of #Resist that are doing this?  I'd be willing to bet on it.  However, I can't see that being in the top 5 or 10 reasons why.  

Outside of the hardcore fan base, most E fans don't see beyond what's being presented on their TV screens.  They don't read the dirt sheets, they don't watch videos from What Culture, Wrestlelamia or WrestleTalk, and Trump hasn't been seen on WWE TV in what? 20 years?  Very few people are going to remember that unless it's brought up.

The casual fan wants good entertainment that doesn't cause their Suspension of Disbelief to get up and punch them in the throat.  A John Cena proposal to whichever Bella after a match makes good TV and people can buy that.  A 10 year old winning a tag title?  GTFOH.  I expect 10 year old tag champs from DDT Pro - not a major American wrestling promotion.

Where this thought might - MIGHT - have some weight is that casual fans are more concerned about the Steve Corino virus and general societal upheaval than wrestling right now.  You'd think that with wrestling being pretty much the only sporting game on the map right now, the E can make hay...but, as usual, they manage to keep stepping on their own johnson.  And there's only one guy to blame for that...

Remember how I said I wouldn't be surprised if WWE does offer her a deal because Vince is tone deaf to current situations? Yea just got this today about Tessa

SOURCES: WWE has offered an NXT contract (believed to be six figures) to join WWE. From what my sources say, she’s very interested and has been offered a leading push. They see her as the next Charlotte Flair.

WWE recently pulled an offer for an Indy talent for NXT. I believe it was John Pollack who reported it. Says he knows the name of the big named talent but that was shared with him off the record. On the record is what he's putting out. Offer was pulled after allegations came up on the talent. 

I have never posted in the wrestling thread but I likely share some of the same stories or memories as bunch of y'all. I started watching in the early 80s and I think I was more NWA '83-'86 heavy thru Middle School and then started coming along with WWF when Macho Man and Hulk who was already well established, great turn heels or bad guys like Rick Rude and the Honkytonk Man was just so much fun to watch him act like Elvis, get his ### beat by Macho Man and run around with that manager of his on the Megaphone, that was a GD show if there ever was one. Bobby the Brain and Gorilla Monsoon all night. I loved Dusty when I was young and I absolutely hated the Four Horseman all that entire Ric Flair arc but only because they were so good at what they got paid to do which was anger the majority of the crows. Now I absolutely love Flair and like to look back on his matches form 30-40 years ago and they have a much different feel to them. I'm almost rooting for him. 

I watched less and less into the 90s as The Roc and Steve Austin and Hulk became Hollywood and in the last 20 years not much at all but occasionally I"ll watch for a few minutes, nothing against what they put on to entertain arenas these days, they've done a good job of trying to continue to market with the current climate right now. I'm sure it's been posted up before but one of my favorites is by far the Royal Rumble 1992, just an awesome showcase of Flair and many others from that era. I see Servo in here often and I just wanted to check in.  

Royal Rumble 1992

I wonder how Ricochet feels about his ex possible working in WWE. She was abusive and controlling especially when he'd talk to other females but a complete hypocrite. He caught her screwing around with other guys and when he confronted her she brushed it off and acted like it was no big deal. He also confronted her on using racial slurs around him and referring to him as her N****** Boy Toy among other things  

Users who are viewing this thread