What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (11 Viewers)

That was part of the reason initial to get around that. The titles were more of a trendy thing to start with the WOmen's Revolution and then the All Women's PPV but the #s and ratings for the views did not match the demand on online it showed. Very underwhelming and remember that PPV was put on after WWE had their first or 2nd Saudi Show and some fans viewed it as a slap in the face to the women as they couldn't be on the Saudi Show.
Plus I just don’t think there are enough bodies and tv time to support 2 singles titles (3 if you include NXT) AND tag team titles.  I don’t think there are enough men’s teams to support the 2 tag titles they run. 

So, I have kinda been looking at IMPACT from just twitter clips and WhatCulture segments, and just saw some Katie Forbes and would really like to learn more about her. RVD did good.

DJackson10 said:
CONFIRMED: Adam Cole suspended after meeting with HHH for comments on Pat Mcaffe show...

SOURCES: the IIconics will be broken up by summerslam. RUMOR: Peyton Royce is being released.

The rumor on Peyton's release has more to do with two situations. She wants to eventually be closer to her husband Shawn Spears who is in AEW at the moment. The other is that The IIconics in general among other females have not been happy with the whole WOmen's Tag Division or how it's been handled. It's said there's never any concrete plans or rhyme or reason and feuds make zero sense. Also skits/matches suppose to be on Cards have been taken off for dumb reasons such as a pointless skit for the 24/7 title or some nothing match. The general feeling in WWE is the Titles are just there for PC reasons and make certain advertising companies are happy. Stephanie McMahon was a huge push for the Women's tag Titles but it's believed it was very agenda driven to make WWE look good in the public eye where Her husband Triple H has been vouching to give the women more opportunities for yrs as he sees it as a crucial part to the business. The titles are essentially DEAD TITLES just being showncased around at this point 
Wrestlinginc did a story on the site about the Underlined as Hunter went on McAffe's show. Basically Hunter big dogged Pat with the "you aren't in the business so you can't joke around like us card." instead of being the bigger man and just saying hey it was just miscommunication. He did say this but then went into a whole he was poking the bear (Cole) to get ratings and a reaction. Pat asked if Cole was fined or anything and he said That was settled in-house we won't say it here. Cole HHH said apologized individually without anyone telling him too and he was cool with that. Said Cole is a really good person but Pat knew what he was doing. Pat also asks Hunter when he can be on a Takeover again. Hunter admits Pat is great what he does and brutally honest but sometimes in this business that gets you into controversy with certain people. Hunter says Adam was in the area and asked him if he could go on Pat's show which he agreed too. 

I've known Austin Jenkins AKA Adam Cole for well over 10 years now (Since he started coming from Lancaster to Philly to training in the CZW dojo in 08). He's not one who's gonna big dog you and has a lot of respect for the business. He's surprisingly funny as well. Was really happy to see him in NJPW with my favorite Faction Bullet Club for awhile and was ecstatic to finally see him in WWE in the NXT Brand. There's not a lot of big names or wrestlers you can say this with a straight face but he truly deserves it. One of the few who actually worked for everything he's gotten in this business. A lot of guys start out like Cole but then befriend people with power who do them favors. Cole has never gotten that type of help other then a promoter suggesting someone take a look at him with zero guarantees. My theory right now is this was all just a work. Pat works with WWE for their NXT Shows during Takeover. He's also done guest color commentary as well. Pat and Paul are good friends as well. 

Is there any wrestler you DON'T know?
Quite a few Tom. I just know the local guys in the Tri State area AKA NJ/PA/Del/Somewhat NY area if they worked here. My Coworker knows a lot of CZW people and there's a customer who comes in who wrestled at the ROH DOJO in PA. The Customer got to meet Omega and The Young Bucks when they were all doing ROH/NJPW still. My Current supervisor lives in the Bristol area of PA where the ROH Dojo run by Cheeseburger was. They moved everything to Baltimore when they moved HQ's down there. Sandman Jim Fullerton lives next to a good friend of mine and dated a girl from my Bakery around 8 yrs ago. Brian Heffron AKA Blue Meanie is a family friend of my one Brothers Girlfriend. It's not uncommon in the Philly/Delco area for someone to know any of the ECW guys as many of the originals were local from the area. I've also met a few select wrestlers in WWE thanks to my Co Worker who's done part time production for them. But I don't know them like some of the local guys. 

PantherThunder said:
I have thought that the women’s tag titles were a way to move the female talent around brands.Without invoking the 4 time visitor rule or what ever it is. Not to mention there aren't really enough men's tag teams to support two major belts at the moment. 
Yeah, Bayley and Banks have been work horses during this whole Covid period. Like i said before,  they're the only things worth watching right now.

Matt Cardona AKA Zack Ryder is now ALL ELITE. After The Codi match for TNT Title vs WarHorse DarkOrder tried to attack them. Matt made the save when Double A was about to delivery some serious business to Mr Brodie Lee's Minions 

DJackson10 said:
Quite a few Tom. I just know the local guys in the Tri State area AKA NJ/PA/Del/Somewhat NY area if they worked here. My Coworker knows a lot of CZW people and there's a customer who comes in who wrestled at the ROH DOJO in PA. The Customer got to meet Omega and The Young Bucks when they were all doing ROH/NJPW still. My Current supervisor lives in the Bristol area of PA where the ROH Dojo run by Cheeseburger was. They moved everything to Baltimore when they moved HQ's down there. Sandman Jim Fullerton lives next to a good friend of mine and dated a girl from my Bakery around 8 yrs ago. Brian Heffron AKA Blue Meanie is a family friend of my one Brothers Girlfriend. It's not uncommon in the Philly/Delco area for someone to know any of the ECW guys as many of the originals were local from the area. I've also met a few select wrestlers in WWE thanks to my Co Worker who's done part time production for them. But I don't know them like some of the local guys. 
So you KNOW none of them

DJackson10 said:
So you KNOW none of them
Jim Fullerton lives in a city I've heard of and likes to chug beers my grandpa loves.  So....we're pretty tight.

Chris Jericho used to be on Monday Nitro, which I often watched.  He plays in a band called Fozzy, which is an homage to Fozzy Bear, who my son finds entertaining.  Chris and me are pretty much related.

I’ve been to Winnipeg. Your move. 
Watched an angry, heavy-set Mexican man get kicked out of the Yakima SunDome for refusing to stop flipping off the NWO verson of The Giant as he came to the ring at a local "house show".  The Giant wrestled the Wolfpack version of Sting that night.  Sting and I are brothers.  :fin: 

It's really nice to see Ivaleese in AEW and Diamanté. Surprised Diamanté. won the match though. 

Really enjoying AEW the last few weeks. 

Started watching some of the NJPW Cup. Loved the Hiroma/Yano match comedy wise. Very good comedy pieces that made sense unlike Vince's humor that makes zero and isn't funny. Favorite match so far is Ishi/Makabe. Could watch those two go for ages. 
That Ivaleese vs Diamante match was kinda dog ####. Wasn't sure who to blame but after watching the Diamante vs Shida match tonight, I know where I'm leaning 😂

Cage has gotta be praying winter comes soon. Dude really blows up in that Florida heat n humidity. 

Jim Fullerton lives in a city I've heard of and likes to chug beers my grandpa loves.  So....we're pretty tight.

Chris Jericho used to be on Monday Nitro, which I often watched.  He plays in a band called Fozzy, which is an homage to Fozzy Bear, who my son finds entertaining.  Chris and me are pretty much related.
Is that the best you've got?  Ric Flair WOO'd at me in Salisbury, MD at a house show.  We're so tight now that he helped get me a great deal on refinancing my mortgage at SaveWithConrad.com.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd never heard of Warhorse before this week.  He wrestles well.  However, if Renegade was a knock-off of the Ultimate Warrior looks-wise, Warhorse is a knock-off of Renegade in the looks department.

Is that the best you've got?  Ric Flair WOO'd at me in Salisbury, MD at a house show.  We're so tight now that he helped get me a great deal on refinancing my mortgage at SaveWithConrad.com.  
Well in high school my best friend's locker was under the Macho Man plaque in our school's "Sports Hall of Fame", so me and Hulk Hogan are like brothers. 

Cameron is ALL ELITE!!!!

Game Changer.
:wall: She's horrible I have no idea why they signed her. She must be friends with Brandi. One of the issues I have with AEW is Codi/Bucks/Jericho/Omega/Brandi are literally signing all their friends at this point. Not that a lot of them don't deserve to be there as they do but Cameron doesn't do a dam thing. Saw video's of her return in the Indy scene and lets just say a few times she made Eva Marie look world class. 

So you KNOW none of them
I should clarify I know a lot of the CZW people from my co worker or that's how I've met them. I met Cole on my own when he first started. My Co worker and I didn't start going to shows together till a little after that. I've met Moxley a few times before he went to WWE but its been so long since I've seen him he probably wouldn't even remember who I was. And Sandman hangs at the same bar I usually go too and we talk shop a lot. 

I'd never heard of Warhorse before this week.  He wrestles well.  However, if Renegade was a knock-off of the Ultimate Warrior looks-wise, Warhorse is a knock-off of Renegade in the looks department.
Warhorse is literally Warrior without steroids and zero personality. I have no idea why the IWC likes this guy so much. I usually agree with the IWC but there are times I really question their decision making on who to push or the hot name in the Indy's at the moment. Another questionable one is Joey Ryan. He should've been the exact opposite fans should want. 

:wall: She's horrible I have no idea why they signed her. She must be friends with Brandi. One of the issues I have with AEW is Codi/Bucks/Jericho/Omega/Brandi are literally signing all their friends at this point. Not that a lot of them don't deserve to be there as they do but Cameron doesn't do a dam thing. Saw video's of her return in the Indy scene and lets just say a few times she made Eva Marie look world class. 
Cody: "Not All Friends Wrestling" BTW. So Cody, what's the reason for her signing? Her terrific work rate? Her WWE pedigree? Of course we all know the reason....

I read she hadn't worked a match since WWE release (2016 I believe). She was scheduled to work Mania weekend (but it got cancelled obviously)

---------

Apparently Hardy's already dumped the 'Delete' gimmick. Was there any reason they couldn't have done a cinematic match on his property?? The gimmick probably already ran its course and Jeremy Borash isn't there to help this time around.

Cody: "Not All Friends Wrestling" BTW. So Cody, what's the reason for her signing? Her terrific work rate? Her WWE pedigree? Of course we all know the reason....

I read she hadn't worked a match since WWE release (2016 I believe). She was scheduled to work Mania weekend (but it got cancelled obviously)

---------

Apparently Hardy's already dumped the 'Delete' gimmick. Was there any reason they couldn't have done a cinematic match on his property?? The gimmick probably already ran its course and Jeremy Borash isn't there to help this time around.
On Cameron she had some indy appearances before Mania in 19 but almost a year since she wrestled. I don't know what she went by but you can probably find it on Youtube. They were not great. 

On Hardy the gimmick needs a lot of cinematography. You can only go so far with that even if it's best for now to use gimmicks like this in this Pandemic World. His storyline with Sammy got cut short when AEW decided to send Sammy to the BS Sensitivity training and killed the momentum on that storyline. I honestly think AEW just waiting it out till Jeff can come over as he's coming when his contract is up. Opting out early isn't an option as I stated with Sane's contract all new opt out require 1 1/2 yrs no compete in the US. He's almost done anyway I think end of next month or Sept. 

Eddie Kingston IS ALL ELITE!!!!!! AEW has signed him to a deal per AEW

Rumor is Eric Bischoff will be the moderator for the Jericho/Cassidy debate 

In news that might have @JB Breakfast Club a little upset Roman Reigns is trying to get out of his WWE deal. But he might be going else where. I'm still trying to find out if this new out clause penalty that Sane signed pertains to Leati. 

SOURCES: Roman Reigns is actively trying to get out of WWE contract. Jericho has been actively recruiting Roman in the background to be the top heel of AEW, believe it or not...WWE is ready to offer him the first 8 figure contract in history if they have to. Cont..

Roman is said to be like the AEW atmosphere and that Moxley stays or has stayed in his house when he comes down for tapings. As you know everyone gets tested as soon as they come in for tapings in AEW and before the show Wednesday

As many of you may or may not know Jon and Leati are incredible close friends since their FCW/NXT Days. They are much closer to one another then Seth is to either guy so when Seth broke up The Shield it made more sense to many people who knew this that the guy not as close to the other two would fall out with them. Mox and Leati have always been in constant contact and Leati knew for a very long time Mox was going to AEW and leaving WWE from other sources I've talked to including a family member of Leati's. Its said he and Mox are like long lost brothers at times and Mox is literally an adopted member of the Anoani'i/Fatu family which is an incredible high honor for non Samoan blood relatives of them unless they are married. 

If any of this happens and Leati goes to AEW it's the biggest get for AEW in their short history as a company. This would be today's version of Hulk and company leaving WWF for WCW. Leati would make a fantastic heel in AEW as well. It'd be a huge loss for WWE but it might be a godsend to the company to force the to make new stars or we might get Seth shoved down our throats way more. 

DJackson10 said:
In news that might have @JB Breakfast Club a little upset Roman Reigns is trying to get out of his WWE deal. But he might be going else where. I'm still trying to find out if this new out clause penalty that Sane signed pertains to Leati. 

SOURCES: Roman Reigns is actively trying to get out of WWE contract. Jericho has been actively recruiting Roman in the background to be the top heel of AEW, believe it or not...WWE is ready to offer him the first 8 figure contract in history if they have to. Cont..

Roman is said to be like the AEW atmosphere and that Moxley stays or has stayed in his house when he comes down for tapings. As you know everyone gets tested as soon as they come in for tapings in AEW and before the show Wednesday

As many of you may or may not know Jon and Leati are incredible close friends since their FCW/NXT Days. They are much closer to one another then Seth is to either guy so when Seth broke up The Shield it made more sense to many people who knew this that the guy not as close to the other two would fall out with them. Mox and Leati have always been in constant contact and Leati knew for a very long time Mox was going to AEW and leaving WWE from other sources I've talked to including a family member of Leati's. Its said he and Mox are like long lost brothers at times and Mox is literally an adopted member of the Anoani'i/Fatu family which is an incredible high honor for non Samoan blood relatives of them unless they are married. 

If any of this happens and Leati goes to AEW it's the biggest get for AEW in their short history as a company. This would be today's version of Hulk and company leaving WWF for WCW. Leati would make a fantastic heel in AEW as well. It'd be a huge loss for WWE but it might be a godsend to the company to force the to make new stars or we might get Seth shoved down our throats way more. 
Update: I spoke to another person who confirmed the rumor but also said Leati expressed concerns about continuing to work for an employer who does not seem to take the pandemic seriously. Do to his health issues (Blood Cancer) and having young kids this is something incredible close to him on when he could come back.The USO's mentioned something do to the fact they were also thinking of Roman when and if he came back he wouldn't if WWE continued working the way they were. This was after all the positive tests at the PC last month. Roman had already talked to his cousins expressing his concerns and how Vince viewed this as a joke and inconvenience (Vince been reported hardly watches the news and other stuff anymore) him. He's seen how AEW has taken and gone through this and the fact that AEW is taping in Jacksonville it's just as convent for him to work AEW right now as it would be WWE but in a company he'd feel much safer in who'd care about his health. He'd also be back with his best friend Moxley. The family member I talked to in the past has said the family jokes about VKM turning The Roman character heel. Leati has expressed his interest and willingness and has some ideas that have been shot down but also been told for similar reasons why Cena isn't heel are why VKM refuses to do so with him.

I bought myself a Chris Jericho "Little Bit of the Bubbly" set from Ringside Collectibles.  It comes with Jericho action figure, table, title belt, bubbly, and meat and cheese platter. :lmao:
I honestly can't wait to see what he does the next 10-15 years. The guy just entertains.

And that Royal Rumble pop in 2028 is going to be insane....

Supposedly, there's "chaos"  surrounding today's tapings of RAW.

ETA: Shane o'Mac is back tonight!  That'll put butts in seats!

Users who are viewing this thread