What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (14 Viewers)

Jericho deserves more consideration than he gets in GOAT conversations.  Not saying he should be number 1, but if I had to do an all-time top 10 now, he might make it.  He has always been that good.  A great worker in the ring, tremendous on the mic, and a good look (prior to his older fat and tatted up current look :lol: ).  And few wrestlers over the years have been as good a natural heel. 

Edit: off the top of my head, I will go with these 10: Hulk, Stone Cold, Rock, Flair, Undertaker, Bret, Michaels, Macho Man, Jericho and Andre the Giant.  Hard for me to include the older times like Bruno, Race, etc. as it was so different back then.  I am basically listing the GOAT's since I started watching around '83 or so.  Honorable mentions to Cena (who I guess was too big to not get a honorable mention), HHH (not a fan, hence he doesn't make my top 10), Daniel Bryan, Ted DiBiase (best heel ever), CM Punk, Rick Rude, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jericho deserves more consideration than he gets in GOAT conversations.  Not saying he should be number 1, but if I had to do an all-time top 10 now, he might make it.  He has always been that good.  A great worker in the ring, tremendous on the mic, and a good look (prior to his older fat and tatted up current look :lol: ).  And few wrestlers over the years have been as good a natural heel. 
Jericho may not be #1, but he's definitely in the team photo.

Orlando Jordan? 🤣

Anyhow, I’d think they may be using other people as stand ins to throw the IWC off the scent. For example, if Dominic Dyjakajagoogoo is in the stable, there’s no one in the group shown so far that’s as tall as him. For all we know, they could be reusing those ninjas for now. Fish could be the voice to help muddy the waters. 

My :2cents:
Not a terrible idea here by them however what I'm getting is from the same people who had the Hardy going to AEW every step of the way. Unless the writers and backstage people are getting thrown off too. Not a bad opinion/idea though for WWE but I'm not sure we should be thinking WWE would do that these days. 

Edit: off the top of my head, I will go with these 10: Hulk, Stone Cold, Rock, Flair, Undertaker, Bret, Michaels, Macho Man, Jericho and Andre the Giant.  Hard for me to include the older times like Bruno, Race, etc. as it was so different back then.  I am basically listing the GOAT's since I started watching around '83 or so.  Honorable mentions to Cena (who I guess was too big to not get a honorable mention), HHH (not a fan, hence he doesn't make my top 10), Daniel Bryan, Ted DiBiase (best heel ever), CM Punk, Rick Rude, etc.
Out of the last last 30 yrs he's in the top 5. I'd take Hogan out. only reason he's in convos is because he had a gimmick that got the cheap pops using the patriotic gimmick and for the fact he got wrestling mainstream thanks to the gimmick. Look heck of an accomplishment but when talking in ring/promo/character and overall wrestler there are many others in a top 10 I put over him. 

Tom Servo said:
RIP Kamala. 1950-2020. :sadbanana:
Kamala was the first wrestler I was ever truly afraid of as a kid. And it wasn't that he was overpowering or won all the time (he was pretty much fodder for the VonErich boys), but the guy lived his gimmick and when you had those close seats at the Sportatorium, you really thought he was from far off lands and wanted to eat you.

Kamala did it better than Hogan

Kamala was the first wrestler I was ever truly afraid of as a kid. And it wasn't that he was overpowering or won all the time (he was pretty much fodder for the VonErich boys), but the guy lived his gimmick and when you had those close seats at the Sportatorium, you really thought he was from far off lands and wanted to eat you.

Kamala did it better than Hogan
I'm assuming that was in WCCW perchance?

A review of RAW heels from last night:

Randy Orton - low blows and punts Ric Flair's head

Seth Rollins - whips Rey Mysterio's kid like a government mule

Retribution - flicks the lights off and on

Do I have that right?

I'm assuming that was in WCCW perchance?
No, WCCW had their logo on the ring apron. With Hacksaw and Rocky Johnson in the ring, I'm pretty sure that was Mid-South Wrestling, early 80s. Kamala was working with Skandor Akbar in both territories at the time.

I never was able to see Andre in Texas with WCCW, and it was a bummer. 

Do I have that right?
Turned it on for 30 seconds to see the lights flicker and Orton kick Flair. The production value and the product itself sucks. 

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1293248483420524550

@CMPunk

I’m just sayin’ I know a thing or two about retribution.
He's trolling obviously but would be terrific if the whole "Retribution" thing made sense (guys that out of WWE now....got released/demoted/can't get on TV etc...)

The angle will be DOA if Undisputed Era is Retribution.

-------------------------

People still actually watch RAW?

The only thing worse than awful programming is long awful programming. 

ROH to begin TV tapings later this month.

RING OF HONOR TO RETURN TO TELEVISION PRODUCTION THIS MONTH IN MARYLAND

With the safety and health of talents, staff and production crew at the forefront, Ring of Honor Wrestling will return to producing new episodes of the "Ring of Honor Wrestling" television program this August 2020 in the home state of Maryland.

ROH will adhere to a very stringent protocol as well as the regulations set in place by the Maryland State Athletic Commission. ROH will be instituting the necessary testing and safety measures in a continued effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19. There will be no fans or staff who are not essential to the production present during these events.

"Taking care of our people during this difficult time has been and still is our No. 1 priority," ROH Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff said. "That's why we have spent many weeks working alongside the Maryland State commission in gearing towards our return to producing wrestling action. The strictest of protocols, testing and measures will be in place to assure us of this directive."

Ring of Honor's last events were the cancelled 18th Anniversary and Past vs Present shows in Las Vegas last March 13th and 14th. Since then, the company has opted to cease taping operations until there was a safe way to resume. These new tapings will pick up right where ROH left off with a focus on the ROH Pure Title Tournament, which had been originally scheduled for April.
Given that AEW has formed the template for doing fanless shows, I'm looking forward to seeing what they do next. :thumbup:

Do I have that right?
Well, there was a hell of a woman's match and the main event was really good (punt not withstanding).

Turned it on for 30 seconds to see the lights flicker and Orton kick Flair. The production value and the product itself sucks. 
Too much camera shaking because people can't hit worked punches or weapon shots. So they try to cover it. As for the punt being blacked out WWE use to on Live TV on USA not show when someone went through a table. I remember when The Sheild first came up on a few occasions this happened. I guess the USA people think its too violent?  :wall: :shrug:

Wrestlenomics poll of wrestling viewership.

TLDR; WWE's ratings are in the crapper.
WWE is just so bad right now.  There are a few bright spots... I never like Bailey, like at all.  But I've come around on her heel turn and the golden role models have been generally really entertaining.  Orton's run right now has been great.  I'd like him to take the strap at SS and keep the program with Drew going to try to get it back.

But overall, I'm fast fwding probably 75%+ of the shows.  The format is SOOOOO predictable, and many of the story lines are boring or dumb.

I realized I never cancelled my Network. I am probably going to wait until after SS to see if anything interesting develops, but I don't think i have accessed it in months. 

(and it doesn't sound like I missed anything) 

Keith Lee/Killer Kross announced for Takeover. One of the biggest matches WWE can put on with its regulars.

I remember years ago Glenn Gilbertti (Disco Inferno), who trained him, saying he'd be a top star if/when he got the chance. Unique look and gets the psychology part of the business.

I love this AEW and Tag Team appreciation. Some of my favorite memories childhood watching wrestling was always the tag teams. Bulldogs, Brett and Owen or Brett and Davey Boy, Hardy Boyz, Edge/Christian, BOD, DX, etc. 

Too much camera shaking because people can't hit worked punches or weapon shots. So they try to cover it. As for the punt being blacked out WWE use to on Live TV on USA not show when someone went through a table. I remember when The Sheild first came up on a few occasions this happened. I guess the USA people think its too violent?  :wall: :shrug:
The punt kick was obviously blacked out because Ric Flair is 71 and frail and they’re not going to risk injuring him with an RKO and a punt kick. So Orton gave him the low blow shot that never really touches anyone and then pretended to kick him when the lights went out so Flair could grunt and lie down like something happened. 

The punt kick was obviously blacked out because Ric Flair is 71 and frail and they’re not going to risk injuring him with an RKO and a punt kick. So Orton gave him the low blow shot that never really touches anyone and then pretended to kick him when the lights went out so Flair could grunt and lie down like something happened. 
OR...it's a swerve! Flair comes out at SS and interferes so Orton can win the belt!

:coffee:

Will depend on browser. It should be an option at top right.

It's the legendary (!!) WrestleVotes
Oh that explains why. He has me blocked too. This was after his mania teases from 2019 where he said huge spoilers and nothing not predicted already happened. The account was on an O for streak since like Summerslam or Survivor Series at that point too. and the account has been known to steal sourced material from other dirt sheet writers and not credit them. When they've been called out on it the account blocks the person. I didn't even say anything terrible to the account. I just made a smart :censored:  comment I guess they couldn't appreciate bringing up another (Insider take) the account made months prior that had not materialized. And they did lose one of their big sources back then too. They don't know who runs the Wrestlevotes account but caught one of his/her sources which why they went on a long streak of bad things. W

WE has been doing this for awhile telling people stuff that maybe half true or not true at all. Sometimes its to see how fans react to a possible idea/storyline they aren't sure of. I know several have changed because of that. Other times they are trying to figure out who's snitching to the dirt sheets so for months they bring them closer to the table and feed them a whole bunch of BS. Usually they give this to the person they believe is the guilty party plus 1 or 2 others they believe aren't involved. Then they narrow it down further eventually from there. Sometimes the person is dumb enough they are caught easily or break down in front of Vince or whoever afraid to lose their job. While others just aren't aware of their surroundings seen talking on the phone to a source or blatantly talking to a person who is credentialed with a dirt sheet who they aren't supposed to talk to. I never found out how they caught Wrestevotes person though. I remember they were caught and the best part was they didn't know they were compromised as they were never told they were caught. Paul and some others thought it'd be funny to just keep on going along with the gig and see if the source ever figured out WWE was now screwing with them and using them as a lap dog. Eventually I think Wrestlevotes got a new source but this one isn't as accurate as the last one more as good as Metsfan on Reddit was. 

Some big AEW News

Wrestling Observer reports that three wrestlers have been released by AEW: Jimmy Havoc, Bea Priestley, and Sadie Gibbs.

Bea Priestly is NJPW's Will Osprey's GF. Havoc was accused of Sexual assault during the speak out movement but the status of those allegations since the release still aren't known at this time. Gibbs was barely used besides Dark Matches. No info on their releases 

Some big AEW News

Wrestling Observer reports that three wrestlers have been released by AEW: Jimmy Havoc, Bea Priestley, and Sadie Gibbs.

Bea Priestly is NJPW's Will Osprey's GF. Havoc was accused of Sexual assault during the speak out movement but the status of those allegations since the release still aren't known at this time. Gibbs was barely used besides Dark Matches. No info on their releases 
Take with a grain of salt but rumor going around on Bea's release is she covered up a sexual assault or something to the effect of that. 

Users who are viewing this thread