• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJackson10

• Tom Servo

• Craig_MiamiFL

• Bogart

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to get on the road...     to Wrestlemania! I don't have exceptional seats, but I'll take a lot of pictures to share.

My 9 year said he would have liked Nakamura's intro if he didn't have that stupid violin player    but then I hit him with a Kinshasa and he piped down

Friday's Super Insane Never Going To Happen Fantasy Booking How I would run with the WWE title until WM 32: Lesnar goes over Reigns at WM by submission. Reigns looks defeated but also a bit confused.

2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Follow up

IIRC, UpUpDownDown is a WWE product.

WWE only owns the names of characters and social media accounts of characters they don't own any real names. Whichever judge ruled this must be in bed with WWE or Vince put in a call to Trump to get one of his cronies. Either way this is some definitely some BS that either would pull. WWE is just unhappy that they aren't making anything off their talent on these other platforms and talent is making their own money else where. Not sure how any non WWE talent would really want to go there these days. It's so petty 

1 hour ago, Deranged Hermit said:

Jesus, how is Nia Jax still employed? She's beyond terrible. Every step she takes it looks like she's walking in quicksand. 

Vince has a hard on for the Samaon Dynasty family. He has to have someone no matter what. 

12 hours ago, Deranged Hermit said:

The Bayley beatdown on Sasha was glorious. They needed to go over the top because it's hard to make Banks a sympathetic baby face.

I was surprised they gave it that much time.  However, this thing has been simmering for a long time and needed to happen.  It's now the reverse of their NXT feud.

9 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Thanks!

Enjoy your time at the PPV with your buddy @jessithebuckeye

Cuck :lol: 

(i kid)

For all you know I'm her baby daddy. Ironically she saw Jericho at the place she went to dinner the other night but was too scared to go up and talk to him. 

• Laughing 1

About to watch the PPV but got one tidbit from a contact. Didn't give me anything too revealing as they know I didn't watch. Said Hardy is fine and alert at a local medical facility with a big headache. Grade 2 Concussion. Will stay overnight for precautionary and released sometime tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Literally skipped that first match Swole/Baker. Absolute cringeworthy. 

YOU SHUT YOUR DANG MOUTH!!!! :hot:   Dr. Britt Baker DMD :wub: is my role model.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

About to watch the PPV but got one tidbit from a contact. Didn't give me anything too revealing as they know I didn't watch. Said Hardy is fine and alert at a local medical facility with a big headache. Grade 2 Concussion. Will stay overnight for precautionary and released sometime tomorrow. 

Apparently your source isn’t Reby Hardy.

7 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Already said he had a concussion. This was prior to anything else. Reby is right in what he needed however. he was hurt match shouldn't have finished. If they had to should've had Sammy not get up either and count both out 

Don't get me wrong. I still love AEW. But man, I'm kind of getting tired of Mox tbh. Still love his in ring work. But that dude can only cut one type of promo. It's the same thing every week.

"You want this? *points to title* You're gonna have to kill me! Don't mess with me, I'll send you to the hospital!"

• Like 2
5 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Don't get me wrong. I still love AEW. But man, I'm kind of getting tired of Mox tbh. Still love his in ring work. But that dude can only cut one type of promo. It's the same thing every week.

"You want this? *points to title* You're gonna have to kill me! Don't mess with me, I'll send you to the hospital!"

I'll never buy Cosplay Steve Austin as a main eventer.

When he's not rambling incoherently, he's terribly overacting. Never thought that was a WWE thing.....it's his own downfall. I can't sit through any outside interview he does. Really just uncomfortable to see how uncomfortable he looks doing it. A lot of people aren't comfortable in that type setting, that's fine. I just don't think you can build a company around that IMO

Guy's a midcarder IMO. Throw him on an occasional main event.

MJF is far far far and away the best thing AEW's built.Him and Jericho are just at another level than everyone else in that company right now. I don't sit through their shows, but their clips are the only ones I ever have any interest in after reading results.

While I would have given MJF the belt given the gimmick he was doing during this program, but he doesn't need the belt to make whatever program he's in probably the best in the company. Though I don't see a Moxley-Archer of any interest unless Jake Roberts turns the clock back 25ish years suddenly.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

I'll never buy Cosplay Steve Austin as a main eventer.

When he's not rambling incoherently, he's terribly overacting. Never thought that was a WWE thing.....it's his own downfall. I can't sit through any outside interview he does. Really just uncomfortable to see how uncomfortable he looks doing it. A lot of people aren't comfortable in that type setting, that's fine. I just don't think you can build a company around that IMO

Guy's a midcarder IMO. Throw him on an occasional main event.

MJF is far far far and away the best thing AEW's built.Him and Jericho are just at another level than everyone else in that company right now.

Disagree I've heard Mox on two podcast since leaving WWE and he was fine. Very informative and seemed like he wanted to be there. I understand he's not everyone's cup of tea wrestling wise or promo but I love it. He'd have been a A Lister for ECW back in the day thanks to his promo style and wrestling skills. 

The PPV started out really slow with a lot of bad botches. Hardy one I can't fault Sammy there like you can on the chair shot. Whoever the hell set up the table put it too close to the scissor lift. That table should've been out further. Both hit pretty hard and Sammy was lucky he didn't injure himself more. Match should've stopped. Hopefully they can make this into a storyline where Hardy becomes broken again and if he's out a bit they can drag this out till Jeff comes in a becomes Brother Nero. 

Sydal was a surprising botch. Battle Royal should've been on the Buy in.  I've seen him do that move not sure how many times over the years. It was a freak accident. Brit and Swole had a lot of botches but a lot of that was also thanks to the flow and Rebel. 8 man tag ended abruptly. 

FTR vs Kenny/Adam was good. I believe Kenny and Bucks will turn heel and go after Adam Page and have Cowboy end up being the baby face everyone feels bad for. Bucks were using some pretty heelish tactics in their tag match too. Kenny being done with Page and teasing turning on him at the end of the match was good. AEW did a great job of having FTR use Page and then have him give his all in the match. That's really gonna help him when Omega turns on him.  Jericho/Orange was cool and it's great Jericho is putting over younger talent. You don't see that in WWE these days at all. Jericho can be a main event heel leader of a heel faction but doesn't need the belt and he won't lose much putting younger talent over just because of how good he is. 

Moxley vs MJF was really good but disappointed they ended up allowing Mox use his finisher at the end. My guess is they are trying to drag that feud out. AEW has huge plans for MJF but wanted to wait till they got full crowds back. 

Ok so my understanding from talks is Retribution is a bunch of people WWE fired. AKA anyone who hasn't gone to AEW or IMPACT. 

So here's my crack at this then given the info I have. Wasn't told any names but also just based on what I know some guys will not be included for other reasons either

The Big guy we can maybe make out as Erik Rowan

There seems like a female involved my Guess is Sarah Logan as WWE wants to bring her back

Chris Hero

Curtis Axel

WWE policy on twitch and such the change in WWE’s policy allows Austin creed, AJ styles, Paige, Asuka and others to keep their channels and deals. If you have a name you own (Ex: Aj Styles, Mysterio) you can remain using it on your deals because wwe doesn’t own it.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Ok so my understanding from talks is Retribution is a bunch of people WWE fired. AKA anyone who hasn't gone to AEW or IMPACT. 

So here's my crack at this then given the info I have. Wasn't told any names but also just based on what I know some guys will not be included for other reasons either

There seems like a female involved my Guess is Sarah Logan as WWE wants to bring her back

Chris Hero

Curtis Axel

Seeing as Retribution basically said as much during RAW last night, I’m betting you’re right. Do you know if Cedric Alexander is going to betray Ricochet and company too?

54 minutes ago, bcdjr1 said:

Seeing as Retribution basically said as much during RAW last night, I’m betting you’re right. Do you know if Cedric Alexander is going to betray Ricochet and company too?

Didn't you watch last night?  If you did, you have your answer.

16 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Chris Hero

Curtis Axel

:yawn: 

5 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Didn't you watch last night?  If you did, you have your answer.

Who watches 3 hrs of of RAW? I got what I needed on Twitter. 

I didn't watch, but I am assuming the scissor lift and tables were already setup and Matt/Sammy just happened to walk by while fighting and climbed the lift and then fell off missing the tables.  In a case like this where the tables are already setup, whose job is it to place the tables?  Do Matt and Sammy do it beforehand?  If not, do they at least look it over? Obviously during a match the two wrestlers are setting up the tables they are going to use and make adjustments as to where they think they will be falling. 

• Like 1

Since the Indians had an early start, I got to catch the end of NXT.  Why the title match wasn't the main event is a mystery to me.  Nonetheless, I was impressed with Rhea Ripley.  She seems like a nice gal and someone who could whip @DJackson10 into shape.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, UOFI_316 said:

I didn't watch, but I am assuming the scissor lift and tables were already setup and Matt/Sammy just happened to walk by while fighting and climbed the lift and then fell off missing the tables.  In a case like this where the tables are already setup, whose job is it to place the tables?  Do Matt and Sammy do it beforehand?  If not, do they at least look it over? Obviously during a match the two wrestlers are setting up the tables they are going to use and make adjustments as to where they think they will be falling. 

Mostly this stuff is set up by staff prior when its there before. The Table and lift spot was set up before the match all they did was climb the lift and push it up more. This is on the staff who set that up prior. They fell onto the table but because of where the table was compared to the lift they missed the bump. Matt hit most of his back shoulder blade and his back of his head bounced off the cement ground. Luckily for Sammy Matt knows how to protect a wrestler in those spots because if he didn't protect him Sammy would've gone head first into the concrete. Usually the staff will put the gimmicky stuff somewhere accessible for the wrestlers and prior to that they agree what to use gimmick wise and all. Thumtacks, kendo stick, chair, tables, trash cans, etc etc are all agreed to prior. They might set up a spot or two prior do to length of time it takes to set it up for numerous reasons The wrestlers usually practice the big spots prior to the show as well using safe matts. Ive seen behind the scenes video or footage prior to WWE matches working on spots with landing matts and all in the ring or outside where the fall happens. 

Its then up to the wrestlers to set things up. I've noticed over the years the wrestler who sets up the spot is usually the one who takes the bump. Not all the time but a lot of the time it happens. 

Edited by DJackson10
8 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Amateur hour how AEW handled all around

No excuse not to use crash pads. None.

I'm not sure if AEW uses traditional "agents", but I'm not sure why as somebody setting up the match beforehand why you trust a 27 year old kid with 10 months of national tv experience to take the lead in a spot like that and keep everybody safe.

Edited by ShamrockPride
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

Since the Indians had an early start, I got to catch the end of NXT.  Why the title match wasn't the main event is a mystery to me.  Nonetheless, I was impressed with Rhea Ripley.  She seems like a nice gal and someone who could whip @DJackson10 into shape.

I got no issue with Rhea. She's an Aussie so she'd fit right into my family given my cousins fiancé is from the same region as Rhea and we both like the same music. 

3 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

I'm not sure if AEW uses traditional "agents", but I'm not sure why as somebody setting up the match beforehand why you trust a 27 year old kid with 10 months of national tv experience to take the lead in a spot like that and keep everybody safe.

Especially a kid who had heat on him for the Chair incident on Hardy a few weeks ago. Matt was not supposed to be busted open and Jericho said as much on his Youtube/Facebook live Stream that Saturday night. Theres reports from the Dirt Sheets of Sammy having heat for the chair shot. It wasn't we don't want him here anymore it was more he was just too wreckless in the spot. He's incredible talented kid and all but he's got a lot of learning to still do 

1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

I didn't realize NXT was on Tues. Did they make anything official about them being on Tuesday exclusively? 

Smart move by NWA allowing their workers on AEW. I'm fairly certain Thunder Rosa was barely scrapping by month-to-month with finances in NWA.

I'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE if AEW Dark was replaced by NWA......in their completely different setting. I'd actually watch the programming.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
16 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Dam Taya Conti is in AEW. Good for her. She really has gotten better since I first saw her in NXT 

She's been with them for awhile.  A week or so ago, she was handed an offer to join Dark Order by Evil Uno.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Deranged Hermit said:

Wow,  looks like there could be as many as 60 people let go from the WWE according to some of the articles I've read. 

Mostly people they furloughed already as well as live event staff which obviously aren't needed. It's not a surprised. Unfortunate but it has to be done. If there's one thing WWE is good at is when they make budget cuts when they can those who were loyal and worked hard behind the scenes usually are brought back eventually 

This Otis v. Mix/Morrison thing needs to die. Otis is a treasure that deserves better. 

(BTW, the contact Otis showed on TV last night has an expiration date of 2016. 🤣 WWE has billions but can’t find enough time to print a new contract.)

• Laughing 2