What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Alberto Del Rio indicted for aggravated kidnapping in Texas.

Del Rio was arrested on May 5th, 2020, after the victim approached local authorities in San Antonio and stated that the professional wrestler allegedly grew enraged with her after accusing her of infidelity. She also alleged that Del Rio physically assaulted her.

The victim had also alleged that Del Rio "slapped her across the head" several times and "forced her to wear a dress and dance for him" after she would not admit to the infidelity. Furthermore, Del Rio allegedly threatened to take the victim's son and "drop him in the middle of the road somewhere."

The FOX affiliate in San Antonio also provided additional details which noted that Del Rio allegedly "tied the woman's hands with boxing straps, put a sock in her mouth and sexually assaulted her for several hours, using various objects."
Apparently this is what Missy Hyatt was referring to.

Paige should be glad she got away from him before things got this bad 
ADR is lucky Paige's brothers do to immigration and VISA restrictions couldn't get into the country. Both her brothers were gonna kill Del Rio after some of the stuff they had heard about him while they were dating. 

Matt Riddle has more heat In WWE. During the Draft a watch along with Seth Rollins he was asked who'd he like to face on the SDLive roster. His response anyone but Matt Riddle. I don't like him and I don't think he's cool." This potentially goes back to last Fall/Winter where Riddle's wife took to IG and body Shamed Seth's Fiancee Becky Lynch as well as other women wrestlers in the company. Per sources I've talked too Matt is not well liked backstage at all. He tends to try and get himself into it with bigger stars thinking "He's one of the guys" when no one wants him in their circle. He's been told by Higher ups to take it easy and calm down and several people had issues with his wife's comments and going to higher ups about it. This isn't the first time Riddle has had HEAT with bigger talents. He made several references to Goldberg in the past several yrs that Bill has took issue to and made comments about Brock Lesnar too. After the Lesnar debacle that saw both men get into a heat "discussion" backstage at Wrestlemania Last year Riddle was told to tone it down on social media and to stop calling out main roster talent. This also upset some of the talent as well given many didn't know who he was. 

Non of the Heat is do to the allegations against Riddle as the accuser is a stalker who he cheated on his wife with. I was told by someone in WWE legal that an Old Boyfriend of this girl contacted WWE immediately upon learning who Matt's accuser was and telling them she did something similar to him after they broke up. Riddle told WWE about the women before signing and had a restraining order on her. She Is now trying to sue WWE saying Riddle stop her from working in WWE and showed an email from NXT Ref and enhancement talent advisor Drake Weurtz about WWE no longer needing her. 

The self-inflicted wounds keep coming for Lars Sullivan.

Lars Sullivan has now been publicly accused of harassing a woman on Instagram.

While the screenshot was posted, Bodyslam.net followed up with the account of Annika Naidoo-Fuge, a Yoga instructor who Lars Sullivan used as a personal trainer for a while. She stated that while it wasn't bad at first, Sullivan started making several advances on Instagram.

You can read the screenshots in the link above, with Annika providing clear evidence that Lars Sullivan was constantly approaching her inappropriately. While she was seen trying to humor him, it was when he asked her for a private photo that she decided to tell him off.

She blocked him and refunded his money, telling Bodyslam that she is a professional and encourages women to speak up.
Good for her for speaking up.  Bad for him for being a complete moron.

SRS reports EVA MARIE is set to return to WWE
Love me some Eva Marie.

Few performers anymore have heat with a crowd. Eva Marie, the beautiful unattainable woman that can't work a wrestling match, is one of them.

Speaking of heat, watched some MUHAMMAD HASSAN over the weekend. Talk about having heat. Shockingly this guy is still only 39. The guy literally went straight from top heel in the company to out of wrestling completely. Debuted December 2004 and out of the company Sept 2005. I'll challenge anymore to find someone over the last 20 years that's generated more heat. I'd love to watch a documentary on that. Read he's now a principal of a school.

I'd love to watch a documentary on that. Read he's now a principal of a school.
It's interesting you say that...

While the season three renewal for ViceTV's "Dark Side of the Ring" series has not been officially announced, producers are currently working on the next season.

Producers recently filmed interviews with family members of the late Grizzly Smith for an episode on Grizzly and his children - Sam Houston, Rockin' Robin, and WWE Hall of Famer Jake Roberts, according to PWInsider.

Eric Bischoff recently revealed on his 83 Weeks podcast that he was interviewed for "Dark Side" episodes on the late Brian Pillman, and the joint WCW - New Japan "Collision in Korea" event that was held in North Korea in April 1995.

The "Collision in Korea" episode is one of the primary topics that show creators Evan Hunsey and Jason Eisner had wanted to produce for the third season.

It was announced earlier this year after season two wrapped that "Dark Side of the Ring" is now the best-performing series in the history of ViceTV. The first two seasons are now available for streaming on Hulu.

There's no word yet on when the third season will premiere, but we will keep you updated.
:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark Side of Ring is the best wrestling related content going today IMO. Good sheet pal. I've watched most of them multiple times.

Can't wait for Season 3. Been hoping for a Pillman episode. Firmly believe had he not died he'd have been a top guy in attitude era.

Gotta believe at some point we get a Warrior one too. 

SRS reports EVA MARIE is set to return to WWE
Yeah that's not breaking news she told people she was going back in a podcast a few weeks ago. Botchmania gonna have a ton of content with her, Sasha and Nia  now. Imagine them all in the Same ring together. WhatCulture was the first to report this btw. 

Love me some Eva Marie.

Few performers anymore have heat with a crowd. Eva Marie, the beautiful unattainable woman that can't work a wrestling match, is one of them.

Speaking of heat, watched some MUHAMMAD HASSAN over the weekend. Talk about having heat. Shockingly this guy is still only 39. The guy literally went straight from top heel in the company to out of wrestling completely. Debuted December 2004 and out of the company Sept 2005. I'll challenge anymore to find someone over the last 20 years that's generated more heat. I'd love to watch a documentary on that. Read he's now a principal of a school.
Hassan Debuted a Muslim gimmick that was based on the stereotypes of Muslims after 9/11. WWE got a lot of backlash for it and they quickly removed him from TV and then had him go with a new gimmick. He was part of a tag team with Shawn Daivari who's Brother was in the 205 division of WWE. Shawn did some work with Impact and as recently with Lucha Underground. 

So for those interested (This isn't meant to be a political post just more of an update on the person's career) Brad Sheppard has completely left wrestling. I was decent friends with the guy (if I saw him at a show or something we'd say hi or chat and tweet from time to time) and never had an issue with him myself. Was never sure why people hated him so much. I also didn't like how he had a few first reports never credit or was stolen by someone else. 2 yrs ago I spent a lot of time asking for certain websites to credit Brad with a report they credit someone else with (I even included time stamps of tweets from each person to show Brad was the first reported it) and for the most part I got positive responses. His last report about the date for the next Saudi Show he had reported months in advance to either WrestleInc or Wrestlevotes (Someone who reported it a few months after). I wouldn't say I was a big fan of Brad's as I disagreed with him on a lot especially the Indie guys and women in the ring. I just hate seeing people not credit with their work as well as knowing a few of those reports had been stolen from else where by others who got credit (Thanks to friends in the business). 

Anyway Brad completely left wrestling. We talked a few months ago considering the pandemic I had not had an opportunity to see the guy so I DM'd him to see how he was doing. He told me he was leaving the business starting his own podcast not interested in writing. Like most he had been losing interest in wrestling and finally has quit the business. A few months later I see He now writes for some political Magazine in DC. So what's the issue? The magazine is some right wing magazine and he's now just another political hack regurgitating propaganda. It's pretty sad honestly. I wouldn't say he was the worst dirt sheet guy ever he had his moments of good reports got a lot more hate then he should've but I think with the product bad and people trolling him it just wasn't worth it for him. Seemed like a decent guy talking to but nothing more 

Brad Shepard (and his former site) were caught red handed plagiarizing from Fightful. Believe the site was called Ringside News. Which legitimately is the worst wrestling site on the internet. One (or all of them) were subscribers to Fightful's Patreon. And one of them thought it'd be a good idea to post it word-for-word on their site (w/o attributing source....claiming as their own). Obviously Fightful found out and outted them as subscribers stealing their content and claiming as their own work.

Brad was caught many many many times just making BS up. Matt Koon (former co-host with Vince Russo) set Brad up reeeeeal good. Was emailing Brad fake wrestling scoops....Brad would post it right up (w/o verifying it and Koon isn't a wrestling source to begin with). Brad thought him working with Vince Russo made Koon an insider now :lol:  

There's some aspects on today's wrestling I agreed with Brad. It sucks and has no storylines or reason to care week-to-week. But Shepard dug his own grave over time. Not surprised at all he got ran out of wrestling. The boys/girls in the business hate him and have called him for his past BS stories.

Nothing against the guy, but he's his own worst enemy. He wasn't credible and no one was ever going to take him seriously. I guess with his political venture he doesn't have to worry about having any credibility. :lol:  

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Brad Shepard (and his former site) were caught red handed plagiarizing from Fightful. Believe the site was called Ringside News. Which legitimately is the worst wrestling site on the internet. One (or all of them) were subscribers to Fightful's Patreon. And one of them thought it'd be a good idea to post it word-for-word on their site (w/o attributing source....claiming as their own). Obviously Fightful found out and outted them as subscribers stealing their content and claiming as their own work.

Brad was caught many many many times just making BS up. Matt Koon (former co-host with Vince Russo) set Brad up reeeeeal good. Was emailing Brad fake wrestling scoops....Brad would post it right up (w/o verifying it and Koon isn't a wrestling source to begin with). Brad thought him working with Vince Russo made Koon an insider now :lol:  

There's some aspects on today's wrestling I agreed with Brad. It sucks and has no storylines or reason to care week-to-week. But Shepard dug his own grave over time. Not surprised at all he got ran out of wrestling. The boys/girls in the business hate him and have called him for his past BS stories.

Nothing against the guy, but he's his own worst enemy. He wasn't credible and no one was ever going to take him seriously. I guess with his political venture he doesn't have to worry about having any credibility. :lol:  
Matt Koon has zero good rep in the wrestling industry. The dude was outed as a fraud shortly after the Sheppard incident. Koon from people I know was purposely telling people he knew people as an insider which wasn't true. Russo got rid of him after finding out about Koon's little gig. I don't know what Koon nd Sheppard's issues before that whole thing was about. Outside of the actual incident itself I was never given any back history to it 

As for stealing stuff Brad didn't really write for Ringside News. He was a guest a few times but was never employed by them. So Ringside News getting crapped on for yrs for Brad always was something I wondered about. However any site that has ever had Brad on seemed to get trolled for having him too. It's been known for yrs all the companies are patron's of one another in some way stealing content. In fact Dave Meltzer has been caught under a suede SN on his own site talking #### about other sites and other writers for doing this. I believe it was Alvarez maybe a few yrs ago who went after the other dirt sheets basically saying "This is for all you other "insiders" who we know sub to our Observer and steal stuff." After giving the info he basically said it's well known these other websites steal our content. Props to them we aren't upset because we all do it. Just don't act like the victim when caught.

Fightful and Ringside have been going at it for awhile now. Neither site takes constructive criticism well. I was blocked by SRS after calling out his site for a fake report on Becky Lynch's new contract. I had a direct source telling me despite rumors Becky had yet to sign a new deal and any info was fake. Yes I accidently accussed SRS of the report which I did apologize for yet he was so butthurt over other issues I brought up about his site including the fact him as well as his colleagues put a lot of info behind a paid way that many other sites put out for free. I called them out for poor business practice and suggested they use the paywall for EXCLUSIVES and other stuff. SRS would have non of it. I also called him out on his whole "I don't want to be in the business" claim he makes when several promoters and wrestlers have told me how sad they think it is this guy begs them for work to be part "of the boys" in the back. As for RSN I've made a few mentions of stuff and put into some criticism of one of their writers. It was more about more content that was important and less of the BS stuff no one cared about in his articles. However Steve Carrier (SP) their main dude has always been pretty cool with me. 

Yes I believe Brad is his worst enemy at times. However he was credible on a few occasions but the issue was people wouldn't credit him with stories he had first and always gave it to Ringside news, wrestle votes etc. One of the reasons Wrestlevotes blocked me was I called the account out for steal work from other sites and claiming it was "insider info." He did this on several occasions with Brad's work and reported it as insider info and was credit with the report not Sheppard. But yeah doing politics you really don't need to be credible at all. Throw some BS on the wall and enough idiots will think it's real and pass it off. 

I found this in my DM inbox from Aug 20 not sure how I missed this. Actually I do this was around the time my job was really hectic I just lost 2 of my co workers, found out one of my ASD's who I really like was taking another position else where and a good buddy of mine past away from an OD. 

I can confirm that internally the decision has been made for Shane to succeed Vince and not Triple H. This is why Shane is going to take over Raw creative and not Hunter. This will happen in 180 days

I found this in my DM inbox from Aug 20 not sure how I missed this. Actually I do this was around the time my job was really hectic I just lost 2 of my co workers, found out one of my ASD's who I really like was taking another position else where and a good buddy of mine past away from an OD. 

I can confirm that internally the decision has been made for Shane to succeed Vince and not Triple H. This is why Shane is going to take over Raw creative and not Hunter. This will happen in 180 days
I'll believe it when I see it.

He's some fun for ya with Ringside news. I had my former Co worker who use to work WWE contact Steve Carrier who runs their site. I told him to pretend he was going to give RSN a BIG EXCLUSIVE. I also told him to give them some REAL Insider stuff (Stuff he knew WWE didn't care would get out type thing he's heard from buddies. I on't know what the Story BS was as he said it was better to not tell me in case it came back on him and they actually posted it. Well Steve got also wanted a second opinion varified by another person close to it so my Co worker gave Steve my contact info (My fake info I use on twitter to DM me. He asked me about the real stuff but never asked me about the actual Big exclusive (I found out asI told my buddy what he asked and he was shocked he didn't want me to confirm the big exclusive). So anyway Steve DMs my buddy back and says well our people we have contact with "sources" denied the smaller stories ever happening but we are still looking into the big thing you gave us.

Well my buddy contacts me on the phone and tells me yeah I think RNS believes the BS story but the stories I gave them that are true are behind Meltzers Paywall and directly from WrestlingINc and RNS didn't realize they had been posted already. Jesus Christ these guys are bad. They are apparently trying to figure out if the BS thing is real but said their own "sources" told them actual factual stuff wasn't true. We both doubt they even looked into any of it. He also told me per Steve he said Brad worked as a consultant but according to a former RSN employee he said Steve had Brad on the payroll but because of all the backlash Steve can't even admit how much he F'd Up that whole thing. These guys are a real joke 

I'd check with Satan to see what the temperature in hell is.  I just watched an entire episode of a WWE show for the first time in literally YEARS.

But did you ENJOY it?
The Reigns - Jey Uso feud is the best thing going right now.  To see Reigns utterly beat down Strowman and then challenge Jey to smack him with the chair was legitimately good stuff.

New Day should've gone out on their backs, though.

The Reigns - Jey Uso feud is the best thing going right now.  To see Reigns utterly beat down Strowman and then challenge Jey to smack him with the chair was legitimately good stuff.

I haven't watched anything but youtube clips in months.  I have to admit the Reigns/Uso thing intrigues me.  

Tom Servo said:

New Day should've been broken up like 2 yrs ago. Honestly when they first started when I first saw their debut I saw them as a black Church stereotype with the chorus and such without he religion angle instead of positivity. I was shocked WWE got one under the radar of the SJWs there. They were never anything special. All 3 are good mid card guys. Never was a Big E fan.

facook said:
But did you ENJOY it?
I watched RAW a few weeks ago when Raw Underground debuted. I couldn't tell you anything I enjoyed that night other then RAW reminding me why I don't waste 3 hours with it anymore. 

Lillian Garcia announcement Monday will be her podcast will be on the WWE network and she might be doing RAW IN RING announcing again as WWE has extended their residency 

Luchador Principe Aereo passes away after suffering a stroke in the ring.

Príncipe Aéreo participated in a MexaWrestling event at the Arena San Juan Pantitlan in Nezahualcóyotl, State of Mexico. During a match, he took a few chops to the chest and a kick to the gut then awkwardly collapsed to the mat. His opponent immediately recognized something serious had occurred. The referee called for assistance, and Príncipe Aéreo was transported to a local hospital.
:sadbanana: He was only 26.

So, RAW started out awesome with the Fiend and Alexa Bliss.  What's going on is not only good, but I'm invested...which is rare for me as far as E storylines go. (I should add they have two - the other on SD with Reigns.)  Then, Slapnuts, Crowbar, Swiss Army Knife come out to surround Bray and Bliss...love the no-sell on their part. They disappear and the Hurt Business appears.  OK?  HB proceeds to beat the Retribution down, and then Bray comes back to go John Cena vs. the Nexus on them.  :yucky:   How are you supposed to get this faction over if the only thing they do well is turn the lights off and on?

Looks like you guys beat me to it. 

RIP Retribution :lmao:  

Jobbing clean in debut. All beaten down by Bray and Bray alone.

Best part was revealing later in show that Ali's the hacker. Like who gives a #### after we just watched them all destroyed.

I don't know if there's a way to revive them. Unless they replace them all. Pry Bar and the other big dude have good look. I actually like Ali quite a bit if they push him to main event level......and not Main Event like Riccohet (sp)

Job Squad 2020

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Looks like you guys beat me to it. 

RIP Retribution :lmao:  

Jobbing clean in debut. All beaten down by Bray and Bray alone.

Best part was revealing later in show that Ali's the hacker. Like who gives a #### after we just watched them all destroyed.

I don't know if there's a way to revive them. Unless they replace them all. Pry Bar and the other big dude have good look. I actually like Ali quite a bit if they push him to main event level......and not Main Event like Riccohet (sp)

Job Squad 2020
Didn't I say months ago he was the hacker? 

Wrestling Inc. can confirm that Impact Wrestling has granted Daga's release request.

From what we were told, Daga had requested his release some time ago but Impact had held off on granting it while also attempting to get him to re-sign. Impact officially granted Daga his request to be released today.

Former WCW wrestler John Condrone (Johnny Meadows) dies from COVID complications.

Condrone began his wrestling career for Southeastern Championship Wrestling where he faced off against performers such as The Mongolian Stomper, Big John Studd, Blackjack Mulligan, Terry Taylor, Kevin Sullivan, Hector Guerrero, and **** Murdoch. He also had title matches against World Champions Ric Flair and "Crazy" Luke Graham. He held victories over notable names such as Abdullah the Butcher and Stomper.

Johnny also had brief stints in Georgia Championship Wrestling, Mid-Atlantic, NWA, WCW, WWF, ECW, AWA, Smoky Mountain, Continental, Tennessee Mountain, AAWA and several other organizations. Besides Johnny Meadows, Condrone portrayed several other wrestling characters including The Paradise City Rockers (with Joey Cazana), The Dream Team (with Don Lucas), The Crusiers (with Terry Bronson), The Stingers (NWA/WCW henchmen for Ric Flair against Sting, Brian Pillman & others), The Red Rocker, and The Italian Stallion.
His life after wrestling included writing songs and touring with a bluegrass band.

AEW announce Joey Janella was around someone at a Indy Show who tested Positive for COVID-19. He's off AEW till further notice and following safety procedures. 

Eddie Kingston vs Jon Moxley in a I QUIT MATCH at Full Gear. This might be one of the best feuds in awhile. These two can go in the ring and on the Mic. 

Full Gear Match card Nov 7th So Far 

Sammy vs Matt Elite DELETION MATCH!

Eliminator #1 Contender Match for Future AEW Title TBA 

Moxley vs Kingston AEW Title I Quit Match

FTR vs The Young Bucks/Butcher and The Blade W/ Bunny Alli/ Private Party/Dark Order  AEW Tag Titles 

Cody w/Arn Anderson vs Darby Allin AEW TNT Title 

Users who are viewing this thread