Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

17 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

FOX is pimping Smackdown hard during the Saints-Vikings game to hold their audience after the game.

They featured RR-KO steel cage match and a shot of Owens going through a table.

Can't blame them one bit.

yeah I doubt that audience held on Christmas. If there were people with family watching the game they probably left after the game and depending where they live probably weren't home till after halfway done the show. 

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJackson10

• Tom Servo

• Craig_MiamiFL

• Bogart

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to get on the road...     to Wrestlemania! I don't have exceptional seats, but I'll take a lot of pictures to share.

My 9 year said he would have liked Nakamura's intro if he didn't have that stupid violin player    but then I hit him with a Kinshasa and he piped down

BAYLEY to belly....big difference guy. 

14 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Will be interesting to see AEW’s approach to a cinematic match. This is one area I see WWE superior. We all know WWE is overproduction city. Overproduction holds back a raw/gritty take on live pro wrestling matches, which is what I think most fans want...a broadcast style closer to that of the late 90s/early 00s. But overproduction to a pretend movie match? That’s right in WWE’s wheelhouse, something a little closer to a Hollywood approach.

The Elite Deletion match wasn't bad at all they did with Sammy and Matt 

2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

We won't know until we see them try it, will we? :shrug:

But they already have done 1 in the Elite Deletion Match 

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

yeah I doubt that audience held on Christmas. If there were people with family watching the game they probably left after the game and depending where they live probably weren't home till after halfway done the show. 

See my post from earlier this week; the show was taped Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

See my post from earlier this week; the show was taped Tuesday. 

I saw it. I know most people probably read the results and didn't bother watching. Happens with a lot of taped shows. WWE's ratings in the US when they do the UK shows pre taped that day don't really do too well ratings wise either. Taped shows never do well besides when WCW messed up and told everyone about Mick winning the strap that night on RAW. Hard to keep spoilers away. If spoilers were harder to come by would probably see better ratings 

Take with a grain of salt but according to Meltzer Pat McAfee has been removed from NXT TV. No further info was given. 

MY TAKE:  Pat was getting too over in WWE and Vincent didn't like that. 

1 hour ago, Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub said:

Results are in and in a landslide:

Tribal Chief + Overweight guy that'll wear a shirt >>>>>> Topless Fat Jericho + 2 flip floppy kids (no, not the Balding Bucks)

Smacky averaged over 3.3 million viewers. Highest ratings since premiere.

Totally different nights dude and AEW was on after 10. They probably lost viewers who forget that AEW was on later saw the NBA on and didn't go back either. AEW is competing with NXT not SDLIVE 

Edited by DJackson10
2 hours ago, Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub said:

Results are in and in a landslide:

Tribal Chief + Overweight guy that'll wear a shirt >>>>>> Topless Fat Jericho + 2 flip floppy kids (no, not the Balding Bucks)

Smacky averaged over 3.3 million viewers. Highest ratings since premiere.

Great for WWE. 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
15 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Apparently not Covid related says his wife, cause I know he was battling that a month or so ago. RIP though. I thought he was great in AEW.

https://twitter.com/ScottLesh724/status/1343009002964267009?s=19

apparently a lung issue its why he hadn't been in AEW for over a month 

Jon Moxley was always one of Brodie's great friends. They had an alliance in Dragon Gate when both were still there and became pretty close 

• Sad 1

The Pettiness of WWE continues. They put a video out for Luke Harper/Brodie Lee and AEW commented RIP Brodie Lee and WWE deleted it 

14 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Does anyone here think Vince will actually put the Big Strap on Big E?

There's no way I could ever see him agreeing to put E over Roman. Clean, center of the ring, at Wrestlemania. No way, Jose.

With WWE, one never knows.

Edited by Tom Servo

This choked me up because you definately feel for the kids in these situations. Hits close to me as I had my best friend in Elementary school lose his dad early in life and have had about 4-5 friends who have lost their dads since. 

According to reports Jim Ross spent the Day with Huber's son's. Just goes to show you what a class guy JR is and has always been. 

Bray Wyatt speaks on the passing of his friend, Jon Huber:

"You were my best friend. My brother, my partner, my Terry Gordy. We changed this whole game because we refused to do it any way but OUR way. We were always at our best when we were a team I think we both knew it. We fought like brothers because we were. 'm so gosh darn pissed. This isn't how it was supposed to be, it was supposed to be us fat, bald and useless running Wyatt Family spots in high school gyms in our 70's. Where do we go now?

What do I do knowing I'll never hear your condescending sarcasm as I am riding high. I miss you so f**king much already. I would do anything just live through our worst moments again I can't believe you're gone. I'm so sorry brother. I'm so sorry. You will always be a part of me, whether I like it or not without you everything is different and I hope Amanda truly knows that I am here not just to say it but because I love them too.

I will make sure your son knows the incredible man you were. Not the legends people will tell but the real you that very few people got to see. I promise I'll put him over clean in dark matches when he's old enough just like I promised

l'm hurting so bad. I wish I hada chance to say goodbye. But then again, it's Saturday and you know what that means.... save me a seat next to you wherever you are, that's where I belong.

I'll be there when it's my time. Goodbye forever Brodie. I love you

Windham"

Tony Khan announced this Wednesday episode of Dynamite will be a tribute to Jon Huber. Not sure if they are making changes to the original show they had planned in big ways or not or just gonna push it back a week 

15 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Tony Khan announced this Wednesday episode of Dynamite will be a tribute to Jon Huber. Not sure if they are making changes to the original show they had planned in big ways or not or just gonna push it back a week 

The two part New Years episodes will be pushed back to January 6 and 13.

John's son Brodie is -1 in the Dark Order, and he made the match with Orange Cassidy, Cody Rhodes and 10 vs. Team Taz.  :thumbup: to Tony Kahn for doing that.  

• Like 1

Have my kids (son,16 and daughter, 12) over this week for my part of their Christmas vacation. 

As we finish our fourth or fifth consecutive episode of Cobra Kai, my daughter says, "You know what we haven't done in a while? Go to that Saturday Night wresting thing. We should do that again as soon as it is safe."

Made me a very proud Dad in that moment.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

The two part New Years episodes will be pushed back to January 6 and 13.

John's son Brodie is -1 in the Dark Order, and he made the match with Orange Cassidy, Cody Rhodes and 10 vs. Team Taz.  :thumbup: to Tony Kahn for doing that.  

It's nice to know if AEW runs a very long time and Khan is in charge, god forbid they lose anyone or something happens we know they are gonna do a better tribute job then Vince and WWE 

According to Meltzer back in October Huber was written off TV to sell injuries from the dog collar match with Cody. Shortly there after Jon ended up in the hospital after having issues on his Palotone completing workouts. He ended up at the Mayo Clinic. 

Speculation is he may have had lung cancer not diagnosed right away or too late or really bad pneumonia. The weird thing in all of this is Huber was always compared to Bruiser Brodie and Bruiser died around 41-42 as well.

This is why I tell all my wrestling buddies to support AEW and those in wrestling looking to make it big to sign with AEW if they are interested in you. Tony Khan and AEW and everyone there GETS IT!!! Absolute great gesture as well amazing support to the family here. 

"Brodie Lee’s 8-year old son signed an AEW contract the night he "pinned Kenny Omega for the World Championship", as revealed by Tony Schiavone on his podcast today:

"Knowing that Brodie was very sick and knowing it was holiday time, and I guess knowing that for him to kick out, it was going to be, I don’t want to say a miracle, but it was going to be very difficult to kick out.

They had brought little Brodie to TV and wrestling is his life. He is 8 years old. He really is a great kid. They made him a member of The Dark Order. They put a mask on him. He came out with a kendo stick. He beat up a lot of people. This of course was at a TV taping with nobody in the audience.

They signed him to a contract. They legitimately signed him to a contract and when he gets of age, he will be with AEW. They have taken care of him and he follows guys around all the time in the back and he becomes a part of us. Amanda is back there.

When we do TV tapings now, we will have a live show or a taped show, Dynamite, and then we will have sometimes 13 dark matches. We are there until 2 am sometimes. I was sitting back there with Amanda when Dark was going on and she said, ‘I’m dead tired. I need to get back and get some sleep but he (Brodie Jr) just loves this so much, I’m going to wait.’

So, she waits until it is all over and he gets involved with the guys and sits in the gorilla position. He sometimes comes out with a mask on and does some crazy things. It just shows you how the roster loved Brodie and how we are family…"

• Love 1

Seth Rollins shares his wholesome tribute to the passing of Brodie Lee/Jon Huber:

"I was hoping at some point that the perfect words would come to me, but the truth is I still can’t even come to terms with reality on this one. My heart is so broken. I loved Brodie. He was truly all the great things everyone has already said he is and if you ever met him you’d have known it in an instant.

He was a loving husband. A devoted father. He was a kind soul. A loyal friend. He was a grinder too, man. Passionate and thoughtful. Smart and funny. Dude had an infectious laugh and was such a #### stirrer. He was a person I looked forward to...and it gosh darn kills me to know I’ll never be able to do that again...

Back in FCW, I vouched HARD for Brodie to get hired at WWE based on knowing and working with him briefly in ROH. We spent a little time in Tampa together, but The Shield debut took me on the road pretty soon after he moved down. Luckily, the Wyatt Family followed us out of developmental shortly thereafter and let me tell you he was a real treat to have on the road. That’s where we really got to know each other.

I’ll always love him for prodding Bray and Braun to see how far they’d take their ridiculous oneupsmanship. He was often a monitor sellout because we’d all be waiting to see how many of Dana’s poses he’d sneak in during his match. He even came to me to try CrossFit when he wanted to lean up. I think he hated burpees more than I do. Funnily enough, he and I almost came to blows backstage during the Shield/Wyatt series. We were both so fired up trying to do right by our respective squads that we tended to get a little snippy towards each other. It was the best. He was the best.

And I’m smiling so big as I’m remembering all this good stuff, fighting back tears. I thought writing this would just be all crying and sadness, but it’s impossible to remember Brodie without laughing. He was just a light of good energy.

I looked up to Brodie. Not just because he was a physical mountain of a man, but because of how he was as a father and husband. And as I venture into those realms myself now, I really hope I can carry a bit of him with me. I hope I can be to my family even a little of what he was to his.

Love you, big man. Miss you already."

11 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Bruce Mitchell fired from PWTorch for his comments about Luke Harper's wife and AEW. He left then with no choice....guy is literally scum of the earth.

I was going to mention the article, then thought better of it as I didn't want that jagoff to get any more clicks.  It wasn't "journalism"; it was a hit piece and to double down by reveling in the hate he got?  Dude got what he deserved.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

I was going to mention the article, then thought better of it as I didn't want that jagoff to get any more clicks.  It wasn't "journalism"; it was a hit piece and to double down by reveling in the hate he got?  Dude got what he deserved.

Someone mentioned on Twitter that "Bruce was Conrad's problem now". I hope Conrad didn't have podcast plans with him. Leaning into the hate just shows even more what kind of scum he is.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Dude is an example of the toxic atmosphere of the IWC and dirt sheets. Dude deserves everything coming to him right now. 

-1 Little Brodie kendo Stick to MJF and John Silver Discuss Clothsline to end the match. 

Jesus Red Beard is in all out tears. Even Hangman fighting back tears 

Chris Jericho

@IAmJericho

Bruce u wrote “I’m not a doctor” in ur column. If u were, u would be just as mortified & confused as the BEST doctors in the world were about Brodie’s condition.The last 8 wks have been torture for Jon’s family & friends. Ur accusations are wrong & are just adding to this torture https://twitter.com/mitchellpwtorch/status/1344268964189396993

Dam Codi had to pull Bryce Remsberg together. Rems and Brodie worked together in Chikara which is a Philly based Promotion and one of the first places I met both these guys. Bryce words on Huber were spoken from the heart too. A lot of people were so happy at Chikara when Huber signed with WWE.