What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (8 Viewers)

WM31 IC title match where Jon Moxley was power bombed into the ladder by Brodie Lee. Comments came out from Mox saying he wouldn't have done the spot if it wasn't Brodie. he trusted him to be the only one to do that. Vince popped out of his chair thinking Brodie had killed Mox though

Tony Khan on the Post AEW show says TNT title is now retired. Brodie Lee Jr is officially the last champion. However Tony Schiavione says the design will be retired and new design coming 

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard he may have started together sick prior to this. Or maybe he did another interview a month ago and someone said he didn't sound too good. 
Tony schiavone shared on his podcast that Brodie was airlifted to hospital day after this recorded and unfortunately didn't recover after 2months in hospital.

He likely was already suffering from the ailment just didn't require hospitalization. (He mentions at 5min mark he couldn't complete his peleton workout for 1st time recently :cry: )

Just watched this weeks Dynamite, and who ever is cutting onions in my kitchen please stop....  From the kendo stick to MJF to retiring the belt, just please stop....

RIP

What an outstanding tribute. The whole company put so much pressure on themselves when they weren't expected to deliver a fraction of what they did... and they nailed it.

Emotional, standard-bearing night for AEW.

Just watched the Brodie Lee tribute show from AEW. I can't add anything that hasn't already been sad. Got dusty in the room during almost every match. And every match was done correctly, with what felt like the right amount of work and shoot. 

The interaction with Brodie Jr. could have been where they messed up, but even then they did it right. Cody slightly needing to direct Brodie Jr. to stand near the boots was the only think that felt prepared, but they gave that kid the gift of all gifts when he needed it most, and something he will be able to watch and experience for as long as he loves wrestling.

At least two morons have created twitter pages for -1 and his mom Amanda Huber.  They're fake, and the people who made them are absolutely terrible people.

Unless an account is followed by AEW, it's fake.

WK is tonight first of 2 nights. I'm exhausted and forgot to take off work to watch this have work early in the morning. plus I need to finish Super J cup Tourney but this is interesting 

Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com has confirmed that NJPW is very close to an English-language television deal.

The deal is close enough that an announcement could come at any time.

UPDATE: During the pre show advertisements on the NJPWWorld Wrestle Kingdom stream, New Japan ran a teaser that says "New Japan comes to US and UK TV".

More information is expected later tonight.

TIS crap posts about Hogan just about every day and I’m here for it. 
Hogan in an interview today said he gets mixed reactions when he returns to the WWE locker room. Doesn't get why some guys dislike him. Talk about tone deaf maybe because you are a terrible person who's racist, treats women poorly and you've been known to DINE AND DASH. 

Two fantastic nights of wrestling in Tokyo, lads.

Fav match was Ospreay-Okada from Night 1, and Night 2's double title match was the very definition of main event.

How Ton Deaf is Vince in WWE? Well they are very interested in signing Marty Scrull. People still think he should sign with AEW however Bucks and Rhoads kicked him out of The Elite over the Summer. 

How Ton Deaf is Vince in WWE? Well they are very interested in signing Marty Scrull. People still think he should sign with AEW however Bucks and Rhoads kicked him out of The Elite over the Summer. 
Never saw the guy before he came to NWA to face Aldis (didn't wind up happening at their PPV as COVID happened). Guy looked like a fan they pulled out of the crowd to face Aldis. Aldis looks like a million $$....and this Scrull guy looks like a kid next to him. Was thoroughly unimpressed. Didn't fit the NWA product at all.  I'm sure stature wise he'd fit in WWE or AEW but don't see the reward in signing him :2cents:  . 

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Never saw the guy before he came to NWA to face Aldis (didn't wind up happening at their PPV as COVID happened). Guy looked like a fan they pulled out of the crowd to face Aldis. Aldis looks like a million $$....and this Scrull guy looks like a kid next to him. Was thoroughly unimpressed. Didn't fit the NWA product at all.  I'm sure stature wise he'd fit in WWE or AEW but don't see the reward in signing him :2cents:  . 
He was pretty good in ROH when he first came in and  loved the angle of how they kicked Adam Cole out of Bullet club. He did some NJPW stuff so I'm surprised you hadn't see him yet though he was usually on the Super J tours and stuff like that but most of his BC stuff happened with ROH in the US. 

It doesn't matter now as Dave Meltzer took back what he reported earlier. Wrestling Inc who first reported reported this an hour ago and took down the original article. 

Uh Oh Charlotte Flair might be in big trouble. Flair has been accused of Racism. If people remember in 2008 she was arrested for an altercation between her Father Rick and then husband Dion Johnson. Ric said Charlotte had to be tasered to calm her down. She apparently made racial remarks towards the Chapel Hill NC community and the arresting African American Officer her ex has said were racial slurs. Flair has a new book out that Johnson has filed lawsuits against for liable reasons where Charlotte claims Dion had fertility issues among other lies about her ex. Dion told the court that this is obvious Charlotte and WWE trying to make her look a lot better to promote her better in WWE. The Police report and a report from local paper confirm Dion's remark about the arrest too as there has been conflicting stories of what happened and what caused the fight. Charlotte claims she was trying to be a peacemaker while everyone else said she was the instigator 

Charlotte Flair accused of Racism by Ex Dion from 08 arrest incident where she was tasered

. He did some NJPW stuff so I'm surprised you hadn't see him yet though he was usually on the Super J tours and stuff like that but most of his BC stuff happened with ROH in the US. 
TBH I think I've seen part of one NJPW match in my life. Was a tag match with Omega and some other guy.  Presentation of match was good. I just have to have a storyline to have any investment in a wrestling match. 

Edit: Well I should take that back. I think I saw some NJPW matches with WCW stars in the early/mid 90s I think. Think they had some sort of agreement. Believe they even had a PPV together if memory serves correct.

TBH I think I've seen part of one NJPW match in my life. Was a tag match with Omega and some other guy.  Presentation of match was good. I just have to have a storyline to have any investment in a wrestling match. 

Edit: Well I should take that back. I think I saw some NJPW matches with WCW stars in the early/mid 90s I think. Think they had some sort of agreement. Believe they even had a PPV together if memory serves correct.
Sorry dude I got you confused with @hagmania

WWE2K22 reveals they are working on a live update model that would update wrestlers overalls in the next game similar to how sports games do live updates. No word if that would also mean updates that including adding new wrestlers or new attires to current wrestlers or perhaps new entrances for current wrestlers though. 

LOL, on last night's Dark -1 come out and cut a promo on Marko Stunt.  They then had to be held back with -1 fighting through Cody, Matt Jackson, and some refs to chase Marko off.

Won't spoil the whole thing besides the fact this Kenny Omega storyline makes zero sense because of prior events in NJPW/ROH involving the people involved. 

Users who are viewing this thread