Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

1 hour ago, Tony Jabroni said:

WWE Network is moving to Peacock service exclusively.

$5 with ads

$10 no ads 

Not a bad deal. Plus you get NBC content.

This is pretty awesome. I flake back and forth on getting rid of the WWE Network all the time, now it just makes sense to keep it with NBC content. Worth every bit of the price, and now I don't have to make excuses when I have that first Netflix and Chill date with someone and they see that WWE logo on my Apple TV.

• Laughing 2
  • Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJackson10

• Tom Servo

• Craig_MiamiFL

• Bogart

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to get on the road...     to Wrestlemania! I don't have exceptional seats, but I'll take a lot of pictures to share.

My 9 year said he would have liked Nakamura's intro if he didn't have that stupid violin player    but then I hit him with a Kinshasa and he piped down

Friday's Super Insane Never Going To Happen Fantasy Booking How I would run with the WWE title until WM 32: Lesnar goes over Reigns at WM by submission. Reigns looks defeated but also a bit confused.

8 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

And library IMO is the reason AEW is working with Impact right now (really never been a question to me)  Their near 20 year library has a lot of value. Particularly up to the before the Hogan/Bischoff era. "Impact Plus" isn't the long term answer for platform....but this WWE deal is very good news for Impact IMO

I would gladly pay for an AEW/Impact Library/Network. But no way am I ever going to pay $50 for a PPV again. WWE broke that for everyone. 

• Like 2

@Craig_MiamiFL’s bro Vince Russo says Sesame Street writes better TV than WWE.

Can I tell you something? Right now, you could take a writer of Sesame Street and they would build the characters in wresting better than what you see now. That’s an absolute shoot, bro. You could take the most elementary show on television now and they could produce better content than the wrestling business is.”

I dunno if I believe this. There’s only one bro in this quote. 

• Laughing 2
13 hours ago, Tony Jabroni said:

Jesus Christ does Raw suck.

I'm enjoying the "Fiend possessing Bliss" storyline.  That's the only one I tune in for.  The rest is garbage.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2021 at 9:49 AM, Tony Jabroni said:

WWE Network is moving to Peacock service exclusively.

$5 with ads

$10 no ads 

Not a bad deal. Plus you get NBC content.

What if I have Peacock already? Seriously if this is more of an add on fee I might as well just drop WWE Network because really outside a few things I haven't watched anything in 3 months and thats besides the fact I've worked non stopped and had other things to watch. 

So I have some news finally Royal Rumble week. A few different finishes, last 6 and the #30 entrant Plus some Daniel Bryan news

entrant #30 is BROCK LESNAR. Final 6 Keith Lee, Miz, Goldberg, Edge,Baron Corbin. Final 2, Lee and LESNAR. Proposed finish, LESNAR wins clearing the ring in 90 seconds. I say 6 because LESNAR enters the ring with 6 wrestlers in the ring. Edge enters #19, Goldberg is #27.

proposed ending #2, LESNAR still wins, but has a long face off with the Raw challenger Lee to put him over. Ending #3. Hbk style f*ckery, no one wins, we get a no holds barred match Keith Lee vs LESNAR. So either way Keith Lee is being pushed

note Daniel Bryan is missing here. He has officially gotten the part timer status after Mania and will be out of action until summeslam afterwards. Most we will get is him and Edge going at it.

9 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

What if I have Peacock already? Seriously if this is more of an add on fee I might as well just drop WWE Network because really outside a few things I haven't watched anything in 3 months and thats besides the fact I've worked non stopped and had other things to watch. 

I don't think you have to pay for WWE. If you have Peacock, you should get it. These are just 2 different options. Don't quote me, but that is what I figured. Peacock + WWE= $10 for premium. That's a win for me.

Edited by Tony Jabroni
  • Like 1

So I have some news finally Royal Rumble week. A few different finishes, last 6 and the #30 entrant Plus some Daniel Bryan news

entrant #30 is BROCK LESNAR. Final 6 Keith Lee, Miz, Goldberg, Edge,Baron Corbin. Final 2, Lee and LESNAR. Proposed finish, LESNAR wins clearing the ring in 90 seconds. I say 6 because LESNAR enters the ring with 6 wrestlers in the ring. Edge enters #19, Goldberg is #27.

proposed ending #2, LESNAR still wins, but has a long face off with the Raw challenger Lee to put him over. Ending #3. Hbk style f*ckery, no one wins, we get a no holds barred match Keith Lee vs LESNAR. So either way Keith Lee is being pushed

note Daniel Bryan is missing here. He has officially gotten the part timer status after Mania and will be out of action until summeslam afterwards. Most we will get is him and Edge going at it.

Maybe I won't watch after all.

• Laughing 1
1 hour ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Royal Rumble w/o crowd will go over like a fart in church IMO. 

Half the excitement is crowd reactions to returning faces. Imagine Edge returning to last year's Royal Rumble, after a decade away or whatever it was, with no crowd.

They're still going to pump in the sounds/cheers/jeers/boos/whatever for each person that shows up.  That's the part I find annoying for Raw/Smackdown.  They pump in the fake cheers knowing there isn't anyone there to actually cheer.  But they did it when there was live crowds, so why not continue when there are no crowds?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tony Jabroni said:

I don't think you have to pay for WWE. If you have Peacock, you should get it. These are just 2 different options. Don't quote me, but that is what I figured. Peacock + WWE= $10 for premium. That's a win for me.

So hopefully it just rolls into one sub then. I was wondering if they take my WWE or Peacock sub and they just only charge once instead of paying for 2 different ones 

2 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Half the excitement is crowd reactions to returning faces. Imagine Edge returning to last year's Royal Rumble, after a decade away or whatever it was, with no crowd.

Hence why I don't see anyone big returning this year. It's still fun to watch no matter what though. 

16 minutes ago, Peak said:

They're still going to pump in the sounds/cheers/jeers/boos/whatever for each person that shows up.  That's the part I find annoying for Raw/Smackdown.  They pump in the fake cheers knowing there isn't anyone there to actually cheer.  But they did it when there was live crowds, so why not continue when there are no crowds?

They've been pumping in crowd chants for years. WWE was accused in the past of lowering the crowd volume when Cena would come out because of the amount of boos he was getting in the mid 2000s. They've done the same with Roman and turned down the volume on cheers for Bryan. I was at the Royal Rumble in Philly where everyone thought Bryan would be #30 and Roman won instead. If you remember ECW's One Night Stand Cena vs RVD and that crowd the crowd was similar when it wanted Bryan. I thought there was gonna be a riot in the building. Hadn't heard that Wells Fargo Center that loud at the time since the Flyers won the ECF a few yrs prior to it. 

So this is no shock to anyone they pump in noise. It just confirms a lot of the IWC's suspicion for yrs. Another example was when Rock Star Spud was announced as the 205 GM as Drake Maverick. It was the SDL after the last Rumble in Philly where Rhonda debuted and a decent amount of fans were still there. My section and at least 3-4 others near me were going bananas for him. Watched the episode back on the Network and the crowd noise for that was much lower then it was there. 

7 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

The E can run with these scenarios because there’ll be no pushback from the non fans in attendance. 
I’m hoping for some middle fingers on the thunderdome screens. 

Edited by Tom Servo

There is an Indiegogo campaign  to benefit Indy wrestlers. 

GCW teams up with Orange Crush to present "Fight Forever".  A historic event to benefit Independent Wrestlers who have seen their work and income disappear throughout the pandemic.

Fight Forever is a 24 Hour continuous streaming professional wrestling event that will air LIVE and FREE on GCW's YouTube account starting on January 29th at 8pm Eastern Standard Time! 

Show link

Fans can support the cause by donating to this campaign.

3 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

The E can run with these scenarios because there’ll be no pushback from the non fans in attendance. 
I’m hoping for some middle fingers on the thunderdome screens. 

Someone needs to show their Tatas on there 

2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

GCW teams up with Orange Crush to present "Fight Forever".  A historic event to benefit Independent Wrestlers who have seen their work and income disappear throughout the pandemic.

Fight Forever is a 24 Hour continuous streaming professional wrestling event that will air LIVE and FREE on GCW's YouTube account starting on January 29th at 8pm Eastern Standard Time! 

Show link

I believe this is being run by Joey Janela no? 

1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

Apparently, noted scumbag Joey Ryan is adjusting his videos on YouTube by putting BOOBPLEX in the title of all of them. 

When will take his L and go away?

Scumbag's don't know when to quit sometimes. About 5 yrs ago there was this D-bag going around local bars maybe was from a township or 2 from where I live in my townships bars. The bar I frequented was when I first noticed him. Sly guy who put on this act about how he was house sitting for a friend with their dog. Hit on everything with a set of tatas, long hair and didn't have a stick between their legs. Noticed him at a bar I went too about 10 mins from me and he was getting touchy feely with a coworker of mine. I got in his face about it and he left. My coworker wasn't happy with me however when I explained to her this guys act she understood. 

No sooner I'm at a corner watering hole pub a lot of my buddies went too he is now hitting on my best friend and friends of her's. A buddy of mine had apparently said something to the dude and came and got me. No sooner I see him and he's working his "game" again. I got in his face again and called him out on his act. Took it outside where he took a swing at me I knew was coming. I clocked him a few times and he went down. Someone had called the cops I guess in one of the houses who saw the commotion. The owner of the Pub is good friends with everyone in my class as he sponsored our beer league team. Cops came and its a cop who's dad is a boss of mine so I knew I was good. When they realized the D-Bag was from another town and I told him this guys schtick they had no issue putting him in the slammer. My buddy told me they had gotten reports and complaints of the dude from other bars in the area. Were hoping they'd pick him up before things got out of hand but admitted they didn't feel sorry I clocked the guy. I was defending myself too so I didn't get in trouble. A few months later this clown tried to attempt to come back in the bar when we were all there and the owner dragged him by the ear out. Told him if he didn't leave he was getting the cops. Dude literally wasn't taking the L well it seemed. 

John Silver reminds you of that friend who's always hoped up on Mountain Dew Blue Wave and Red Bulls 24/7. 

He just loves the fans 

Tony Khan

@TonyKhan

I’m so sorry that fans streaming #AEWDynamite were unable to see the opening of tonight’s show in their apps. TNT fixed the issue & got it working again. Archer vs. Kingston was a tremendous match. After this show we’ll put it on YouTube, please enjoy the rest of this great show!

14 hours ago, Peak said:

I'll be watch the men's rumble match at some point but it won't be the same for me. Current product is extremely difficult for me to sit through anyway anymore so won't watch live.

• Like 1
On 1/27/2021 at 8:14 AM, Tony Jabroni said:

I agree I was more so wondering when this would happen. Will be nice not to pay for another streaming service. I was about ready to get rid of the network after Mania honestly 

19 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

I'll be watch the men's rumble match at some point but it won't be the same for me. Current product is extremely difficult for me to sit through anyway anymore so won't watch live.

I might watch live only because there's a podcast I watch a lot and it'd spoil it for me anyway. But yeah it's gonna be tough with current product 

Fun fact I didn't know till I looked this up but Wrestlevotes is banned from Squared circle reddit. Apparently accounts linking to WV doxed certain reddit users and was hostile to others over time. They apparently banned them last year. They also had alternate accounts that were pretty NSFW SN's upvoting the account and downvoting others. One of the Reddit Users also put up a list about all the times WV had been wrong over the past few months alone. 

Today my 2nd Wife Becky Lynch is having a birthday. A few yrs ago I was at a SDL after the Royal Rumble on her Birthday. It was pretty cool hearing the crowd during her match sing her Happy Birthday 

On 1/27/2021 at 6:03 PM, Tom Servo said:

Show link

First match out of the gate involves "Blackheart" Lio Rush. :lmao:

1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

First match out of the gate involves "Blackheart" Lio Rush. :lmao:

Dude really is full of himself. 

GameChangerWrestling

@GCWrestling_

·

1m

Allie Kat vs Frankie Picard Rock Paper Scissors Dark match. Reconnecting to Youtube now. Almost ready. FTC will air in it's entirety and be commercial free when we return Thanks for your patience #FightForever

I think this is a good fit for Press.

Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer

Sources: Ex-Eagles pass-game coordinator Press Taylor is expected to join Colts coach Frank Reich's staff. Indy lost Nick Sirianni and Kevin Patullo this month, and Taylor will help to fill the gaps. Reich and Taylor worked together in Philly.

I think this is a good fit for Press.

Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer

Sources: Ex-Eagles pass-game coordinator Press Taylor is expected to join Colts coach Frank Reich's staff. Indy lost Nick Sirianni and Kevin Patullo this month, and Taylor will help to fill the gaps. Reich and Taylor worked together in Philly.

Wrong thread dude.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

For those wondering steam went down because POWER OUTAGE!!!!

This stream is bad.  Audio is too low and the video cuts out and sometimes out of focus. 

Plus, a lot of bad gimmicks.  Right now, there's a guy with fake abs and you're supposed to sell that hitting him will break your hand. :lmao:  As I type this, there's a 20 man tag team match.  WTF.

ETA: Now there's a chain of sleeper holds from one end of the ring to the other.  :lmao: :lmao:  That's bad.

Edited by Tom Servo

This stream is bad.  Audio is too low and the video cuts out and sometimes out of focus. 

Plus, a lot of bad gimmicks.  Right now, there's a guy with fake abs and you're supposed to sell that hitting him will break your hand. :lmao:  As I type this, there's a 20 man tag team match.  WTF.

ETA: Now there's a chain of sleeper holds from one end of the ring to the other.  :lmao: :lmao:  That's bad.

Indy wrestling and and the ABs is better then anything Joey Ryan ever did. At least he's not asking for people to touch him in his package 

Also go back and watch the hardcore matches that came on after the stream came back. Nick Gage Commentary was so funny. 

"Oh the wire is in his leg!!!! Oh F yeah that the sh**!!!!"

" He's got the bat with the saw on top. Yeah rip him open MFer." 

During ultra lighttube match 

"He's eating the glass thats one bad MFer." 

God I love Gage!!! So funny. Met him few times. He was trained by CZW younger John Zandig. 

AJ the MF'ing Truth Gray is a great big man Wrestler in the mold of a Keith Lee/Shane Taylor that I could see WWE at least NXT signing however he's got a sketchy past with transphobic & rape jokes. 

31 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Indy wrestling and and the ABs is better then anything Joey Ryan ever did. At least he's not asking for people to touch him in his package 

Hollidead just headbutted her opponent in the um...nether regions.  :oldunsure:

• Laughing 1