What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (14 Viewers)

Surprised that Christian was medically cleared, but really nice moment with he and Edge. Would have blown the roof off in front of a crowd.

Thanks man.  Just watched the last 1/2 of the Rumble.  I actually would watch Edge vs Roman.
Edge vs Roman could have a nice buildup and tell a great story. Bring in Christian to sacrifice in a match or two. Borrow Jeff Hardy for a tag-team match. Will be fun.

Edge vs Roman could have a nice buildup and tell a great story. Bring in Christian to sacrifice in a match or two. Borrow Jeff Hardy for a tag-team match. Will be fun.
Honest confession: I had a tear in my eye when Edge and Christian hugged.  Christian looked amazing.

FFing through the show.

First off, WHAT IN THE HELL IS BLUE BUNNY? What a bunch of garbage at the start of the show. Unless it's a live entrance theme, please keep music off wrestling shows. They always sound like complete sheet. And he damn near could have broken his neck as his foot slipped off top rope......please keep #### like this off the show.  Risk >>>>> Reward.

Watched last few minutes of show. At least they didn't have Goldberg enter at end and win. Then 2.5 months of "Roman, I didn't get you at Mania last year but YOU'RE NEXT!!!"

Edge looked good physically. With no one over in the company, good a choice as any.

WWE really needs to cut ties with Goldberg when first able to. Just sad to watch them continue to trot him out with the same gimmick. The "unstoppable" 55 year old man gimmick isn't working. Having him kicking out of any Drew Claymore does nothing for anyone. Given he only wants to work a couple dates per year, can't repackage him. Only match involving that'd generate any buzz would be Riddle tapping him out.

Could have just missed it but no Lesnar or Fiend.

And finally, the question everyone wants answered: if Rumbles are now "no DQ", what's the purpose of refs being out there? 

Last edited by a moderator:
FFing through the show.

First off, WHAT IN THE HELL IS BLUE BUNNY? What a bunch of garbage at the start of the show. Unless it's a live entrance theme, please keep music off wrestling shows. They always sound like complete sheet. And he damn near could have broken his neck as his foot slipped off top rope......please keep #### like this off the show.  Risk >>>>> Reward.

Watched last few minutes of show. At least they didn't have Goldberg enter at end and win. Then 2.5 months of "Roman, I didn't get you at Mania last year but YOU'RE NEXT!!!"

Edge looked good physically. With no one over in the company, good a choice as any.

WWE really needs to cut ties with Goldberg when first able to. Just sad to watch them continue to trot him out with the same gimmick. The "unstoppable" 55 year old man gimmick isn't working. Having him kicking out of any Drew Claymore does nothing for anyone. Given he only wants to work a couple dates per year, can't repackage him. Only match involving that'd generate any buzz would be Riddle tapping him out.

Could have just missed it but no Lesnar or Fiend.

And finally, the question everyone wants answered: if Rumbles are now "no DQ", what's the purpose of refs being out there? 
Agree with the celeb stuff

Yess Golberg needs to leave. Podcast I listen to extensively for reviews on wrestling has been talking about this since gee I don't know 5-6 yrs ago trotting out old stars. When they can't trot Taker, Austin, Brock etc out anymore what are they gonna do for cheap ratings and pops? WWE hasn't been able to make stars for yrs. Roman could've been that next guy had they turned him heel first instead of shoving him down everyone's throats as a baby face ALA CENA for yrs. Leati to his credit had enough and threatened to ask for his release from WWE which is why Vince caved and made him heel. I knew a family member of his who unfortunately passed from cancer last February and he use to say everyone in the family teased him about it. He hated he wasn't a heel.

Drew is a top guy right now and as someone who's part Scottish I love it but they had no one under 30 to be that guy. Adam Cole? He's a year younger then me at 31. Balor? Even older. AJ Styles? Even older and Bruce Prichard I believe just called out Cena for yrs ago telling Vince not to sign TNA talent. KO? 36. Roman? Same age now. Younger talent? NXT Not sure who they have thats under 30 who could be that guy. Had they signed Adam Page I'd say yes he could be that guy. WWE screwed up but it wasn't now they screwed up in the ruthless aggression going into the PG ERA. They had too many older stars they relied on not making enough new stars other then Cena. WWE did everything to Make sure Cena was the top guy. The separation of talent since then has been mind numbing. It's god awful 

I missed most of the PPV myself got into mid way through Women's Rumble. There was no Fiend or Brock though Brock was rumored in dirt sheets and numerous sources from people. Things may have changed after Mia Yimm tested Positive though. 

The refs are there to count the eliminations. Feet hitting the ground and such. They it's similar to a DQ or Hardcore match where the ref is only there to count a pin fall or submission. As well as make sure the the participataints leave the match when eliminated in a timely fashion 

If you missed the Icons Yokozuna I suggest watching it. I learned a lot of stuff I had not realized about Rodney Anao'i than I previously though. I wished they had put more into the Bone Street Krew the famous backstage Crew Yoko, Taker Godfather and others were in. Mark and Rodney were incredible close and I wished Rogan and the guy who was on the show (dude was a literal WWE mark for Taker) had asked him about his relationship with Yokozuna. Honestly one of the first questions I'd ask Taker if given the chance is how the BSK came together and why they were  such a tight group. Always fascinated me and there were rumors WWE was thinking of making them a TV stable at one point.

Overall a great documentary and they did a few cool things showing who people were and relationship wise which made it easy to follow. I've always been fan of the Samoans and such. Anoa'i and Fatu's from Wild Samoans, To Yoko, to Rock to The USOs and found a new respect for Roman over the yrs. Umaga was an underrated favorite too. Either way it was a really good Documentary celebrating Rodney's life but really sad how it ends. Basically he died from obesity and couldn't admit he had a problem. WWE AKA WWF AT THE TIME  and everyone tried help him but he didn't listen. IMHO he was one of the few death's wrestlers wise that really could've been prevented. Dude died way too soon. 

Come on guys, it may not be your music, but Bad Bunny made perfect sense being there.

He has over 48 million monthly listeners on Spotify and was the most streamed artist of 2020 with his songs being streamed over 8 billion times. He f###ing wrote a song called "Booker T". The guy has won a Grammy. And he likes wrestling.

While I'm not sure I would have him dive off the top, it's the top story with Rolling Stone, Stereogum and other non-wresting mainstream media sites.

Come on guys, it may not be your music, but Bad Bunny made perfect sense being there.

He has over 48 million monthly listeners on Spotify and was the most streamed artist of 2020 with his songs being streamed over 8 billion times. He f###ing wrote a song called "Booker T". The guy has won a Grammy. And he likes wrestling.

While I'm not sure I would have him dive off the top, it's the top story with Rolling Stone, Stereogum and other non-wresting mainstream media sites.
"Get off my lawn!"

I have no clue, who that no talent ### clown is. And they give him a spot??
Don't get too excited he's apparently gonna be AT WRESTLEMANIA AND MIGHT BE IN THE RING WRESTLING!!!!! Seriously if its the Miz and Morrison if I were them I'd ask for my immediate release. I haven't watched much of Johnny since he went back to WWE but what I did see I saw myself questioning if this is what they gave him to come back WTF did he say yes? 

Thats all they care about these days is getting non wrestling mainstream involved. But most of the time the people who see those articles really don't give two f**ks about it. Kind of like Bringing in Tyson Fury. Most wrestling fans will want to watch boxing. Boxing fans would just laugh and laugh at Fury. Same with bringing in any MMA guys. UFC fans hate wrestling big time. Most of the UFC fans hated Lesnar just for being a former Wrestler in WWE. You aren't making any new fans that way. Those are the fans online or in person who make fun of you or me for liking wrestling or call it gay and so fourth. However for some odd reason Vince and WWE feel it gives them a draw. Fans will come back or you will gain new fans if you make very good storylines, don't insult our intelligence, cool gimmicks or characters and stop with the kiddy crap. We don't need full attitude era but we need something way less campy and a little more mature. 

Lars Sullivan was released by WWE last month apparently. No word when it happened or why they did it. If you remember when the Lars social media and comments came out WWE wanted to get rid of him but because of medical and possible a mental situation WWE had to be careful how they went about it. No word if something happened or what but he was last on TV in OCT with sit down vignette interviews happened but nothing came of them. 

Users who are viewing this thread