• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJackson10

• Tom Servo

• Craig_MiamiFL

• Bogart

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to get on the road...     to Wrestlemania! I don't have exceptional seats, but I'll take a lot of pictures to share.

My 9 year said he would have liked Nakamura's intro if he didn't have that stupid violin player    but then I hit him with a Kinshasa and he piped down

BAYLEY to belly....big difference guy. 

NXT is moving to Tuesday's. USA Network made the change. USA originally wanted Tuesday nights but when WWE found out that AEW moved to Wednesday's. This is a move to Tuesday WWE knew about during the initial move as USA is part of the NBC partnership that just got with the NHL. The NHL is on Wednesday nights 

4 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Tony Khan on the AEW podcast said it's a male wrestler 

The baseless rumor I've heard the most is RVD... So, yeah.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Wait what? What did I miss? 

She announced she had created an Only Fans account. The link she posted took you a Home Depot page where there were only fans...box fans, etc  

• Laughing 1
On 2/16/2021 at 3:20 PM, Deranged Hermit said:

I  honestly think Lacey was going to win the title to set up her and Charlotte at WM. Might have been a career killer for her, because when you're in a division with Asuka, Charlotte,  Becky, Banks, and Bayley (and even Bazler, Ripley and Shirai who haven't hit big yet) you won't get too many chances. 

My suspicions were true apparently. It's being reported that Lacey was indeed supposed to beat Auska and lose to Charlotte at WM before the pregnancy. 

2 hours ago, Deranged Hermit said:

My suspicions were true apparently. It's being reported that Lacey was indeed supposed to beat Auska and lose to Charlotte at WM before the pregnancy. 

applause dot gif

Former NWA star Buddy Colt passes away.  He was a 6x NWA Georgia Heavyweight Champion, 4x NWA Florida Heavyweight Champion, 5x NWA Florida Southern Heavyweight Champion, and a 4x NWA Columbus Heavyweight Champion. 

His career ended on February 20, 1975 when a Cessna he was piloting crashed in the water on the way to Tampa. While Austin Idol and Gary Hart got through it relatively unscathed, Bobby Shane drowned and Colt had his right ankle shattered. 

18 hours ago, coyote5 said:

The baseless rumor I've heard the most is RVD... So, yeah.

I've heard that and Brock but I'll throw Davey Boy Smith JR in there Archers old tag team Partner. 

Then you got the usual CM Punk links. 

4 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I've heard that and Brock but I'll throw Davey Boy Smith JR in there Archers old tag team Partner. 

Then you got the usual CM Punk links. 

Dude I'll be shocked if it's Brock.  I just don't see any way that Vince wouldn't pay any amount of money to make sure that doesn't happen, and that Brock wouldn't give him last bid.  I'd be happy to be wrong though!  I think Brock's too smart for that though.  Regardless of the number of zeros on the check, it would be foolish to go there now,  They don't have the horses for him and it would just diminish his brand at this point.  Same for Cena.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, coyote5 said:

Dude I'll be shocked if it's Brock.  I just don't see any way that Vince wouldn't pay any amount of money to make sure that doesn't happen, and that Brock wouldn't give him last bid.  I'd be happy to be wrong though!  I think Brock's too smart for that though.  Regardless of the number of zeros on the check, it would be foolish to go there now,  They don't have the horses for him and it would just diminish his brand at this point.  Same for Cena.

Brock would leverage AEW for a bigger Vince check.  I think Tony Kahn knows that; he's never impressed me as a mark for certain talents (I could be wrong).  He seems to look for talents that can improve the product as a whole.  

IMO, Brock and Cena are too identified with the E.  At least Paul Wight had a career in WCW before the E.  I can't see RVD as he's 50 now.  The guy they've got has almost got to be a free agent, and while RVD meets that qualification, I think he's too old for what they'd want.

ETA: Westletalk states that one possibility would be [spoiler] Christian [/spoiler].  

ETA2: Apparently, the spoiler tag no longer works.  <_< 

Edited by Tom Servo
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, coyote5 said:

Thats why I don't think it's Brock. Last I heard he was using AEW as leverage to get a better WWE deal. AEW then stopped talks with him. I think Lesnar in AEW would be huge. Brock can go longer then 5 minutes if motivated and plus he knows with WWE no matter what he gets paid no matter the match length. He knows he has WWE and Vince by the balls. I think in AEW he would put on better matches if the $$$ is right and wants to work. He's not a bad big man in the ring and he's really athletic. It's just the way Vince and WWE have always used him. I think if he were to come a Brock/Cage match would surprise a lot of fans in a good way 

I actually ordered the PPV last night. it's $50 sure but the PPV this Sunday is worth it and I don't mind spending money on product that treats me like a fan and doesn't try to insult my intelligence. 

What if AEW is swerving us here. I was reading and this was brought up. What if it's not really an FA but someone from NJPW? 

Others mentioned Bully Ray and Batista. 

Backed themselves in a corner saying "Hall of Fame worthy" and "MAJOR HUGE!!"

Unless it's Brock/Punk, it'll be a disappointment. That includes Angle/Christian to me unless it's to have them part of a reformed Main Event Mafia type group IMO. Batista could be possibility but IMO it'd flop because he'll be part time, best days well gone, and I don't think he has the star power in wrestling in general anymore. He should stick to movies.

AEW needs to get over and use the guys they got. Miro is every bit the joke now (if not more so) than he was in the latter portion of his WWE run.

Darcy Alien has went downhill since they've treated him like a Make-A-Wish kid in his relationship with Stink. Stink needs to reform a version of Main Event Mafia. The whole black & white Stink IMO is played out. Having a 62 year old man wielding a bat and having gorillas in their prime like Brian Cage act like a scared child helps no one.

New Main Event Mafia = Stink / Jericho and/or Christian (assuming he's the guy) / Aldis / and let's say Hangman Page. You could sub Big Show in there probably. If they want to boost their week-to-week ratings, this is the answer.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

I really hope its not ruined either way and AEW keeps it a secrete. I remember the last time I was this excited in anticipation was when they did the storyline with Jeff Hardy and who attacked him backstage at the PPV so he couldn't be in his match. Original storyline was suppose to be a returning Christian from TNA but it was ruined. So WWE did a 180 and had it be Matt Hardy who attacked Jeff. Christian got a meh debut and storyline and eventually was in the horrible ECW reboot. 

It really ruined a great storyline and surprise. Props to WWE for trying to change it and trying to add that element of surprise but it was an absolute dud. 

IT'S SUNDAY NIGHT AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!!!!!!

JR seems like he has no voice tonight not great 

Per Justin Barraso The Street Fight was filmed prior to tonight. Big spots apparently and Darby was able to use his videography skills from college. Darby, Cage and Starks were made to be the stars coming out 

Al Snow sighting!!!!!! We Went Head 

Paul Wight Hint:

No one can out work them 

That leads me to believe it's Angle now 

Sunday May 30th AEW PRESENTS Double or Nothing

LOL The Brass RING AT THE TOP OF THE LADDER!!!!!!! I love the inside jokes on WWE!!!

JR: I've heard a lot about that Brass ring over the years 

2nd surprise of the night about to happen folks 

23 minutes ago, facook said:

Diamond's son?

totally different person 

Just now, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Jacksonville Dixie strikes again!

LOLAEW

You really hate AEW don't you? Tells us how you really feel about them 

5 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

They gonna end the show announcing the major signing??

The signing was Christian 

So I'm gonna explain this deathmatch a bit. For a lot of people don't know the backstories and all. 

First off You can blame UFC's non rules. Congress didn't care about wrestlers like ECW and such but it was UFC's non rules no weight limits etc in other terms from John McCain "Human Cockfighting". So The States after ECW was around changed rules. CZW (Combat Zone Wrestling) based in Philly who was able to actually still do crap as states didn't put in rules in guidelines yet. After the rules for UFC were put in place the athletic commissions CZW had to move some of their big tourneys and stuff to NJ. Their big Tourney Tournament of Death was in NJ but after NJ Athletic Transmission changed their rules the tournament has been in Del now for yrs. 

As for the Barbed Wire Landmine match they can't legally use Landmines in the US. Bryce Remsberg a former CZW ref was made to look soft because he had to wear "safety gear" despite the fact in CZW all he wears is his ref suit and some heavy duty gloves for barbed wire/glass etc. As for the ring explosion at the end. It looks like there was suppose to be a big explosion and it was a botched. 

There were a few spots that made sense like Mox putting his leg on the barbed wire to make it explode on Omega to break a pin. Makes sense. Good Brothers coming in was also good. Eddie Kingston coming in at the end to save Mox makes a ton of sense. Best friends who had a heated rivalry but in the end still a human being. For those who know Eddie and Mox's backstory going back to the Indies it made too much sense for Eddie to come in. This was to write Mox off for a bit as Reene is due soon. This also sets up Eddie vs Omega and there's a backstory now to that which is good. Great sell job despite the botch by Eddie though. 

PPV wasn't great and good on AEW for selling this up for people to buy it. THat's business and heck they got me to buy it. 

I really liked Ethan Page signing. CHRISTIAN CAGE is underwhelming but I'll save any opinions till I see what exactly they do with him. Street Fight would be better if it was no commentary though. Hell of a spot by DARBY on BC there. 

Disappointing but this was still better then anything WWE and IMPACT put up 

Ok TOny Khan says on the after show that the story in Omega can't build an actual ring that explodes and built a dud. 

16 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

So I'm gonna explain this deathmatch a bit. For a lot of people don't know the backstories and all. 

First off You can blame UFC's non rules. Congress didn't care about wrestlers like ECW and such but it was UFC's non rules no weight limits etc in other terms from John McCain "Human Cockfighting". So The States after ECW was around changed rules. CZW (Combat Zone Wrestling) based in Philly who was able to actually still do crap as states didn't put in rules in guidelines yet. After the rules for UFC were put in place the athletic commissions CZW had to move some of their big tourneys and stuff to NJ. Their big Tourney Tournament of Death was in NJ but after NJ Athletic Transmission changed their rules the tournament has been in Del now for yrs. 

As for the Barbed Wire Landmine match they can't legally use Landmines in the US. Bryce Remsberg a former CZW ref was made to look soft because he had to wear "safety gear" despite the fact in CZW all he wears is his ref suit and some heavy duty gloves for barbed wire/glass etc. As for the ring explosion at the end. It looks like there was suppose to be a big explosion and it was a botched. 

There were a few spots that made sense like Mox putting his leg on the barbed wire to make it explode on Omega to break a pin. Makes sense. Good Brothers coming in was also good. Eddie Kingston coming in at the end to save Mox makes a ton of sense. Best friends who had a heated rivalry but in the end still a human being. For those who know Eddie and Mox's backstory going back to the Indies it made too much sense for Eddie to come in. This was to write Mox off for a bit as Reene is due soon. This also sets up Eddie vs Omega and there's a backstory now to that which is good. Great sell job despite the botch by Eddie though. 

PPV wasn't great and good on AEW for selling this up for people to buy it. THat's business and heck they got me to buy it. 

I really liked Ethan Page signing. CHRISTIAN CAGE is underwhelming but I'll save any opinions till I see what exactly they do with him. Street Fight would be better if it was no commentary though. Hell of a spot by DARBY on BC there. 

However to go back to the deathmatch there are things you can do to make it look better which would've been better. 

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

Ok TOny Khan says on the after show that the story in Omega can't build an actual ring that explodes and built a dud. 

Lol no. That was embarrassing. They should have audibled at the end to cover to Pyro botch but what's done is done. Poor Kingston had to lay there and sell those sparklers like death. Be hard to live this one down!  Good try by TK but he can't explain it away lol

• Love 1
Just now, coyote5 said:

Lol no. That was embarrassing. They should have audibled at the end to cover to Pyro botch but what's done is done. Poor Kingston had to lay there and sell those sparklers like death. Be hard to live this one down!  Good try by TK but he can't explain it away lol

Nah they can. Mox rushed because he thought the ring was gonna explode. Kenny can come up with "I'm smarter then you and I don't put my body through that crap. I just outsmarted you." Eddie Kingston can play it off that he got an anxiety attack and wanted to protect his friend there. They can still save this in a way 

6 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Or, you could’ve just referenced FMW who are most known for that type of match. 

The ending was a dud. Kingston covering Mox as the sparklers went off (thanks @coyote5 :lmao: ) made it look more cartoonish than real.

If you’re going to hype this kind of match, you gotta make sure everything works. As a result, this is all anyone is going to talk about regarding the PPV. That’s not a good thing. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

The signing was Christian 

But Tony Con told me it'd be one of the greatest wrestlers in history?

Other than that, the 45 second segment, no promo and zero crowd reaction was awesome.

I was praying it'd be March 7 Warning and Tito Ortiz would have popped up again with 100% of the crowd looking like "Who the F is this guy?"

Jacksonville Dixie.

6 hours ago, coyote5 said:

Tony Con only making it worse for the company by trying to come up with a storyline reason :lmao: Just own it and move on. It will be what everyone remembers about the PPV.

We all know Toby Rhodes and the 75 EVPs can't handle criticism.

But God Bless Eddie for protecting Moxley from the sparklers. Hopefully he names his kid Eddie.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
4 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Tony Con only making it worse for the company by trying to come up with a storyline reason :lmao: Just own it and move on. It will be what everyone remembers about the PPV.

But God Bless Eddie for protecting Moxley from the sparklers. Hopefully he names his kid Eddie.

Did someone in AEW steal your GF or something? 

• Laughing 2
5 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

But Tony Con told me it'd be one of the greatest wrestlers in history?

Other than that, the 45 second segment, no promo and zero crowd reaction was awesome.

I was praying it'd be March 7 Warning and Tito Ortiz would have popped up again with 100% of the crowd looking like "Who the F is this guy?"

Jacksonville Dixie.

I'd have zero issue with Christian signing had they not hyped it up so big. If he just came in as a surprise it would've been "oh cool it's CHRISTIAN CAGE. Good for him he can get one last run for a few yrs and go out the right way." 

4 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Nah if you know Kenny's hellish character and go by Don Calis this all could make sense despite it not wanting it to come off this way. Moxley and Don have always criticized Mox for being an idiot for the hardcore stuff and all. Kenny like I said last night can say I'm not dumb as Jon. I wasn't really gonna blow us both up. I just made you think that because I know if you rush you are gonna make mistakes. My trap for you was to always think I was going to go over the top crazy when that was never my intention." 

Eddie can play it up like he got an anxiety attack and did the last best thing he could. It sets up Omega vs Moxley. 

4 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I'd have zero issue with Christian signing had they not hyped it up so big. If he just came in as a surprise it would've been "oh cool it's CHRISTIAN CAGE. Good for him he can get one last run for a few yrs and go out the right way." 

Yep. That's the point with Jacksonville Dixie. It was setup to fail to begin with unless it was Punk/Lesnar/Cena/Rock.

Big Show was a more surprising signing....and they made little noise about it beforehand.

AEW's show last night was horrible. Right up there with December to Dismember and Heroes of Wrestling. 

8 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Yep. That's the point with Jacksonville Dixie. It was setup to fail to begin with unless it was Punk/Lesnar/Cena/Rock.

Big Show was a more surprising signing....and they made little noise about it beforehand.

AEW's show last night was horrible. Right up there with December to Dismember and Heroes of Wrestling. 

Whoa. There’s nothing in the same universe as Heroes of Wrestling. 

As big of an AEW fan as I am, I’m willing to admit the Christian announcement and the sparklers were badly mishandled. Christian should’ve just shown up like Sting did. 

There should’ve been Plan B to get the focus back on the wrestlers rather than the flaming turd that was staring everyone in the face. Have Kenny ready to come out and laugh at Mox for fooling him, whatever. You absolutely cannot leave people with the visual of a Gilberg entrance. 

Edited by Tom Servo
  • Like 1