Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

18 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Whoa. There’s nothing in the same universe as Heroes of Wrestling. 

As big of an AEW fan as I am, I’m willing to admit the Christian announcement and the sparklers were badly mishandled. Christian should’ve just shown up like Sting did. 

There should’ve been Plan B to get the focus back on the wrestlers rather than the flaming turd that was staring everyone in the face. Have Kenny ready to come out and laugh at Mox for fooling him, whatever. You absolutely cannot leave people with the visual of a Gilberg entrance. 

Yeah the podcast I watch even said this after the show. All they did was have Mox break kayfabe and say Kenny builds a ####ty ring while Eddie is still selling his injuries like a goof ball despite Mox being the one who almost died. 

• Replies 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJackson10

• Tom Servo

• Craig_MiamiFL

• Bogart

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to get on the road...     to Wrestlemania! I don't have exceptional seats, but I'll take a lot of pictures to share.

My 9 year said he would have liked Nakamura's intro if he didn't have that stupid violin player    but then I hit him with a Kinshasa and he piped down

BAYLEY to belly....big difference guy. 

56 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

There should’ve been Plan B to get the focus back on the wrestlers rather than the flaming turd that was staring everyone in the face. Have Kenny ready to come out and laugh at Mox for fooling him, whatever. You absolutely cannot leave people with the visual of a Gilberg entrance. 

The quicker they move on from that abomination, the better they'll be.  The show was a nightmare overall so it's far the only bad thing about it.....but was a fitting end.

That way isn't not admitting the mistake and trying to make a dumb Kenny the Engineer storyline out of it. But sounds pretty par of the course for Con and Toby Rhodes. If they absolutely want to ever bring it up again, make it a short comedy line from Kingston to Moxley "But I protected you from sparklers"

The end.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

I think people have the right to be upset and mad about last night though. Lets get to the bad. 

1. CHRISTIAN CAGE Overhype: This would've been fine had Angle showed up. Cage isn't even bigger then Paul Wight or Sting. This was poorly done and they used a similar gimmick with Jericho in WWE when he came back and didn't talk for weeks. Again until I see what they do here with him I won't bash the actual signing. More bashing the hype they surrounded this with. Christian has some left in the tank and should be able to help some of these younger talents. 

Lets also get out of the way BROCK NOR PUNK WERE EVER COMING!!! AEW last I heard stopped negotiating with Lesnar awhile back when they realized he was solely using them to get a bigger WWE payday. Brock knows Vince is gonna pay him Millions to do 3-4 matches a year and show up once in awhile looking tough while Heyman cuts a promo all while going back and fourth in his private jet. Brock when he has too can put a great match on but why would he when he knows he can act lazy in WWE and Vince can't do a thing? Don't blame him. Punk besides this show he's producing on wrestling doesn't want back in. He's done. I'd legit be as surprised of him coming back as I was when Brock broke the streak. Anyone who thought either of these two was coming back set themselves up for really bad disappointment even if it was Kurt Angle. 

2. The Deathmatch. THere's ways to make this look good despite laws and restrictions. Also when the dud happened Kenny and Don and The Good Brothers should've came out and started laughing. Also when Eddie came in there was too much time left on the clock. He had enough time to pick Mox up (We've seen Eddie pick up larger opponents) and save him. Then our Gillberg Sparklers went off at the end. Just poorly booked. Should've gotten Rammstein to handle the Pyro. 

3. During the ladder match at one point a sky view shows Archer walking around the ring. When they pan a min or two ladder to him he's on the floor acting like he can barely get up

4. The Brass Ring looked like something from Sonic. Not a fan of Sky winning. I like him but I think they could've done better with Max Caster (Even though not a fan of him) or Ethan Page. 

5. Street Fight: Darby did a good job with his editing and it was cool to see the transition of Sting/Starks and how they shot over to Cage/Darby at that door going up the steps. A few cool spots and the environment looked like the warehouse and opening of the RAW is WAR montage at the start of the broadcasts back then. I think this would've been better without commentary as TAZ at the end had zero emotion at the end. Hated the bat break because they don't break like that. I've broken wooden bats before and most of the time they splitter and a huge piece comes off turning the handle looking like a prison shank. 

6.: Could careless about this Kip/Miro and Best Friends thing. Only good thing is I get to see Penelope Ford and that ### which btw TV doesn't do justice too. I've seen her live and she's even better looking in person. She's also an incredible nice individual and she's done some cool for fans at events with disabilities on the indie scene. She grew up 30 mins from me and great to see her make it to national TV. Not sure why Miro left WWE because he's just looks as much of a p*ssy as he did in WWE now but getting more ring time. They really need to break him off and think seeds were planted last night.

7. Commentary: I love JR but his voice was shot last night and they should've had a fill in. Even if Tony and Excalibur had to do it a 2 man booth. They could've had Marvez do commentary too. Excalibur doesn't know when to shut up at times. He's done a better job discussing history of newer talent or history between two wrestlers like in Shida's match but the dude makes ok spots seem better then they were. 

Overall might have been AEW's worst night in their 2 yrs WHICH SAYS A LOT. I think people are disappointed because we expect a better product from AEW. If this was a WWE PPV or even RAW/SDLIVE we'd just say "oh typical WWE as usual anymore." but we've come to expect and have gotten better from AEW. Still last nights show is better then 95% of what WWE produces. Honestly last night was the first time watching AEW that if I was with people who don't normally watched I'd have been embarrassed to admit I like it. 

17 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

The quicker they move on from that abomination, the better they'll be.  The show was a nightmare overall so it's far the only bad thing about it.....but was a fitting end.

That way isn't not admitting the mistake and trying to make a dumb Kenny the Engineer storyline out of it. But sounds pretty par of the course for Con and Toby Rhodes. If they absolutely want to ever bring it up again, make it a short comedy line from Kingston to Moxley "But I protected you from sparklers"

The end.

But that's how they've played Kenny up anyway. Plus going back to his NJPW days he always played a role like that 

AEW learning it's tough to put 12 of these on a year and tough to tell a story when you have finished up with all of your internet fantasy booking.

Not hating on them, loved what they did early, but if you are just going to bring back washed up WWE alum, I'm out. And no way am I paying $50 for a PPV. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bogart said:

And no way am I paying $50 for a PPV. 

I hear there are ways around that. :whistle: 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

I hear there are ways around that. :whistle: 

True. Very true.

I guess my bigger point is Tony Khan isn't looking at the market and the trends right now. I like the collaboration with Bleacher Report, but figure out how to make those PPVs $9.99 or part of a bigger sports package. WWE, for better or worse, has destroyed the old PPV model. I don't know, maybe the buy-rates validate the price. 

As for the "hot" signings, I get it, there is no one new that hasn't already been with WWE or Impact or ROH. Again, that business model is dead. Christian Cage gets a nice pop if you don't play it up ahead of time. Don't overpromise and underdeliver. Just deliver.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I think people have the right to be upset and mad about last night though. Lets get to the bad. 

1. CHRISTIAN CAGE Overhype: This would've been fine had Angle showed up. Cage isn't even bigger then Paul Wight or Sting. This was poorly done and they used a similar gimmick with Jericho in WWE when he came back and didn't talk for weeks. Again until I see what they do here with him I won't bash the actual signing. More bashing the hype they surrounded this with. Christian has some left in the tank and should be able to help some of these younger talents. 

Lets also get out of the way BROCK NOR PUNK WERE EVER COMING!!! AEW last I heard stopped negotiating with Lesnar awhile back when they realized he was solely using them to get a bigger WWE payday. Brock knows Vince is gonna pay him Millions to do 3-4 matches a year and show up once in awhile looking tough while Heyman cuts a promo all while going back and fourth in his private jet. Brock when he has too can put a great match on but why would he when he knows he can act lazy in WWE and Vince can't do a thing? Don't blame him. Punk besides this show he's producing on wrestling doesn't want back in. He's done. I'd legit be as surprised of him coming back as I was when Brock broke the streak. Anyone who thought either of these two was coming back set themselves up for really bad disappointment even if it was Kurt Angle. 

2. The Deathmatch. THere's ways to make this look good despite laws and restrictions. Also when the dud happened Kenny and Don and The Good Brothers should've came out and started laughing. Also when Eddie came in there was too much time left on the clock. He had enough time to pick Mox up (We've seen Eddie pick up larger opponents) and save him. Then our Gillberg Sparklers went off at the end. Just poorly booked. Should've gotten Rammstein to handle the Pyro. 

3. During the ladder match at one point a sky view shows Archer walking around the ring. When they pan a min or two ladder to him he's on the floor acting like he can barely get up

4. The Brass Ring looked like something from Sonic. Not a fan of Sky winning. I like him but I think they could've done better with Max Caster (Even though not a fan of him) or Ethan Page. 

5. Street Fight: Darby did a good job with his editing and it was cool to see the transition of Sting/Starks and how they shot over to Cage/Darby at that door going up the steps. A few cool spots and the environment looked like the warehouse and opening of the RAW is WAR montage at the start of the broadcasts back then. I think this would've been better without commentary as TAZ at the end had zero emotion at the end. Hated the bat break because they don't break like that. I've broken wooden bats before and most of the time they splitter and a huge piece comes off turning the handle looking like a prison shank. 

6.: Could careless about this Kip/Miro and Best Friends thing. Only good thing is I get to see Penelope Ford and that ### which btw TV doesn't do justice too. I've seen her live and she's even better looking in person. She's also an incredible nice individual and she's done some cool for fans at events with disabilities on the indie scene. She grew up 30 mins from me and great to see her make it to national TV. Not sure why Miro left WWE because he's just looks as much of a p*ssy as he did in WWE now but getting more ring time. They really need to break him off and think seeds were planted last night.

7. Commentary: I love JR but his voice was shot last night and they should've had a fill in. Even if Tony and Excalibur had to do it a 2 man booth. They could've had Marvez do commentary too. Excalibur doesn't know when to shut up at times. He's done a better job discussing history of newer talent or history between two wrestlers like in Shida's match but the dude makes ok spots seem better then they were. 

Overall might have been AEW's worst night in their 2 yrs WHICH SAYS A LOT. I think people are disappointed because we expect a better product from AEW. If this was a WWE PPV or even RAW/SDLIVE we'd just say "oh typical WWE as usual anymore." but we've come to expect and have gotten better from AEW. Still last nights show is better then 95% of what WWE produces. Honestly last night was the first time watching AEW that if I was with people who don't normally watched I'd have been embarrassed to admit I like it. 

Let's just buy your cliff notes version.

• Laughing 1
1 hour ago, Bogart said:

True. Very true.

I guess my bigger point is Tony Khan isn't looking at the market and the trends right now. I like the collaboration with Bleacher Report, but figure out how to make those PPVs $9.99 or part of a bigger sports package. WWE, for better or worse, has destroyed the old PPV model. I don't know, maybe the buy-rates validate the price. 

As for the "hot" signings, I get it, there is no one new that hasn't already been with WWE or Impact or ROH. Again, that business model is dead. Christian Cage gets a nice pop if you don't play it up ahead of time. Don't overpromise and underdeliver. Just deliver.

I think $25 is tops for a PPV of any kind. Hell I can't justify paying $60-$70 a week for these UFC PPVs. I thought they'd have way more free events then they had have or at least thats what it seemed like they had advertised for ESPN+ 

As for signings it's hard to sign anyone. Back in the 90s a 3 yrs contract was tops. 4yrs was pretty crazy and there was also no non compete clauses so you could see one guy in WWF 1 week and the next Week he's on Nitro signed to a big $$$ deal with WCW. Most guys today the main ones have 4-5yrs deals and so a lot of big names are already on new deals. I think Daniel Bryan has a deal till Sept of this year but I haven't heard if he's gonna resign or not. Nakamura's contract I think might be up this year too. If DB wants to wrestle I'd love to see him with AEW and then with the cross promotion with NJPW we can see him in Japan. I'd love to see Bryant vs Taji Ishimori. If they could get Nakamura it'd go a long way too. 

Booking wise a lot of what AEW does makes sense and doesn't insult the viewers intelligence save for last night which to me was a big hiccup. Eddie saving Mox now makes sense for a match with Eddie/Omega if Mox is out for a bit with Renee due soon. They also give little Easter eggs to possible feuds down the line. Everything AEW does with someone is done for a reason. You might not see a payoff for something done in the PPV or on Dynamite till 6 months later but it makes sense though. Proud and powerful being eliminated by Jurassic Express may not play out now but 3 months from now who's to say JE is in a match for the #1 contenders for the AEW Tag titles against say FTR and Tito and Santana come down and cost JE the match. People go "why did they do that besides being heels" "Well remember when they got eliminated in the tag team Battle Royal at Revolution by JE and Proud and Powerful haven't gotten a shot at the titles since?" Oh yeah that makes sense. Just one example of many. 

8 minutes ago, Tony Jabroni said:

Riddle: "Bro, we still playing Call of Duty later?"

Someone needs to punch him in the face. Give me a shoot match of Brock vs this guy at Mania 

I watched the first hour of RAW last night and saw ONE match and a whole lot of chicken choking. 
And they wonder why ratings are at the bottom of the ocean. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Excalibur doesn't know when to shut up at times.

Why I love it when -1 makes an appearance on Dark and goes to the commentator table.  All the does is tell Excalibur to Shut up.

• Laughing 2
6 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

I watched the first hour of RAW last night and saw ONE match and a whole lot of chicken choking. 
And they wonder why ratings are at the bottom of the ocean. 

They do realize it's a family show right? They got kids watching that!!!!! 

5 hours ago, UOFI_316 said:

Why I love it when -1 makes an appearance on Dark and goes to the commentator table.  All the does is tell Excalibur to Shut up.

That kid has a future I'm telling you. 

7 hours ago, UOFI_316 said:

His Twitter handle is @ShutUpExcalibur. 

• Laughing 1
On 3/8/2021 at 3:14 PM, Bogart said:

AEW learning it's tough to put 12 of these on a year and tough to tell a story when you have finished up with all of your internet fantasy booking.

Not hating on them, loved what they did early, but if you are just going to bring back washed up WWE alum, I'm out. And no way am I paying $50 for a PPV. 

12 a year?  TK learns fast because they only do 4 per year!  :lmao:

37 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

12 a year?  TK learns fast because they only do 4 per year!  :lmao:

12 a year was meant to mean the WWE PPV schedule. 

BREAKING - Molly Holly is the first person announced for the WWE Hall of Fame class of 2021. 

👍

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

BREAKING - Molly Holly is the first person announced for the WWE Hall of Fame class of 2021. 

👍

One of the few you never hear anything bad about. Ross and Pritchard fall over themselves to praise her on their podcasts. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

👍

One of the few times over the last 4-5 yrs I think WWE got it right. I just hope Davey Boy gets his deserving ceremony last year (at least the family) that he got robbed of do to the pandemic 

2 hours ago, Deranged Hermit said:

One of the few you never hear anything bad about. Ross and Pritchard fall over themselves to praise her on their podcasts. 

There’s a tweet with video out there of Natty telling the story of Nora giving Natty some of her old costumes so she’d look professional. Nora also paid for her training in OVW. 

• Like 1

Mox and Eddie are absolutely ####ting on the ending. Even saying "Don Calis Probably paid for that bomb" "well I bet Impact paid for that bomb though"  "I still want to see something blow up" Mox "Eddie "Yeah me too and so did everyone else." :lmao:

Edited by DJackson10
  • Laughing 1

AEW audio is all off. Basketball arena audio is playing now and Ethan Page debuts is being buried by the audio 

1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

AEW audio is all off. Basketball arena audio is playing now and Ethan Page debuts is being buried by the audio 

Someone finally figured out they let the intern mess with Audio and fixed it 

Jesus The Butcher/Blade/Bunny are the AEW Wh*** Tour or groups 

Wow!!! What a comeback ending after Revolution. Very unexpected 

Ways you know you're getting older - your hearing starts getting a bit worse. 

You know how I know my hearing is going? Because for a minute I thought I heard Omega tell Calis to 69 him on live network television 😂😂

I had to rewind that more that more than once to be sure my ears weren't full of wax lol

5 hours ago, coyote5 said:

You know how I know my hearing is going? Because for a minute I thought I heard Omega tell Calis to 69 him on live network television 😂😂

I had to rewind that more that more than once to be sure my ears weren't full of wax lol

My hearing and eye sight are shot. This coming 2 years after great test scores at work.  It goes downhill quick. Be wary.

3 hours ago, Tony Jabroni said:

My hearing and eye sight are shot. This coming 2 years after great test scores at work.  It goes downhill quick. Be wary.

You shouldn't have stopped sniffing glue. 

• Laughing 3
12 hours ago, coyote5 said:

No, you heard right. 

That makes that oil painting of the two of them even creepier. 

• Laughing 2
12 hours ago, coyote5 said:

Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
14 hours ago, coyote5 said:

I was laughing so hard at that. Then Omega making fun of Eddie with the "Oh My god I had flashbacks to getting a bad grade in 4th grade in GYM class!!!" 

The ending with Sammy coming back and then the MJF thing with FTR/Tully/Shawn Spears and Warlow was amazing. When I saw Warlow wasn't there I knew MJF had something up his sleeve. I really like this stable especially with MJF. First heel I've literally hated because of his antics in years of wrestling. The best part of MJF cowering away is the dude will back it up with his in ring ability. Best Heel in the business 

From dirt sheets and the podcast I listened to for the review the plan with Kenny is to have Swan and Mosse unify their IMAPACT Title belts and whoever wins faces Kenny Omega at Sacrifice who wins the belt. Then Eventually Omega challenges for the IWGP Heavyweight belt the new one. 

On 3/10/2021 at 2:21 PM, DJackson10 said:

One of the few times over the last 4-5 yrs I think WWE got it right. I just hope Davey Boy gets his deserving ceremony last year (at least the family) that he got robbed of do to the pandemic 

Yes. Bulldog was my favorite wrestler growing up.

Been watching a lot of him the past couple weeks. I know everyone thinks back to Summerslam 92 as his best, but holy crap his KOTR match with HBK is also incredible.

Thing I love about that SS match, there's a point early in the match where Bulldog does this insane like reverse handspring flip to reverse out of a wristlock. He gets that massive body flipped upside down and lands clean on his feet off one arm. It's legit the most impressive thing I've ever seen in wrestling. I pop every time I watch that. 3:20 in this vid

I will always love the Attitude Era I grew up with, but the older I get the more I appreciate just a good clean technical match kept in the ring. Those two matches are awesome examples of that.

Edited by ShamrockPride
  • Like 1

Condolences to Becky Lynch who announced her father passed away this morning. He never got to meet his new grandchild personally. No cause of death was released by her. Very fortunate as every time he was around and they did the documentaries on her and all he seemed like a hell of a guy. Sounds like she had an amazing relationship with him something I wish someday I could get back with my own dad. 

• Sad 2

RUMOR: AEW had a 3rd party per fightful select do the explosions. They were not apologetic and AEW on Tony Khan's side might file a lawsuit. Moxley went into business for himself to save the thing by cutting the promo. Omega and company were also pissed. Eddie said he didn't know what to do at the end because some pyro still went off and he was protecting himself and didn't realize how bad the explosion was. Significant heat on the company who did this and they might not use them again. 

Practiced earlier in the day and it went off well. From people I talked too AEW is pretty pissed off. What they hated the most was how unprofessional the company was and how unapologetic they were. Everyone in AEW was not happy. This was suppose to be a big moment for AEW and an epic face turn for Eddie Kingston

Edited by DJackson10

Dean Ambrose might be lost by WWE because they didn't file the trademark correctly. They filed it the last time without Jon's permission so WWE was found to lie later. WWE needed written consent never apparently owned the Name. Jon has dibs on owning it. if he does end up owning it any SHIELD Merch still sold or anything in Dean Ambrose name would go directly to Jonathan Goodman AKA Jon Moxley if he does apply for it again and wins. So pretty cool for Mox

WWE: Stars aren't gonna be told Creative Plains. They are apparently already done despite rumors told by wrestling votes card was changed

Also hearing that ALiester Black was quietly released from WWE or will soon be. Can't confirm but his Wife was talking to AEW. Vince is petty about this and WWE has been known to punish spouses of talent or family/friends for petty reasons. 

Meranda Gordy Terry Gordy's Daughter has an NXT tryout next Mon or Tues

Chad gable might be leaving WWE soon. Has 2 months left on TV 

AEW needs to sign more ex-WWE guys.

And immediately give them title shots. This is literally TNA all over again.

Except TNA had much better TV ratings.....and the ex-WWE/WCW guys were actually draws at some point and/or not senior citizens.

Spent millions to add Stink/Wight/Christian. And ratings have went down (they beat NXT developmental show by all of 50k viewers this week) since they signed them. They've spent months and months of Stink doing pointless interview after pointless interview. Things have been so bad with Miro he probably wishes he were back in that atrocious Lana/Lashley wedding program. :thumbup: 

I distinctly remember Jericho and/or Toby Rhodes saying WWE had "all of 5 guys they'd be interested in" :lmao: I'd venture to say Smash/Trash/Dash/Cash (2 guys that no one has a clue who is who even though they've been on TV for what 5+ years now :lol: ) wouldn't be "two of those 5". Now they're signing all/every ex-WWE talent.

Good morning @Tom Servo

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
4 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

AEW needs to sign more ex-WWE guys.

And immediately give them title shots. This is literally TNA all over again.

Except TNA had much better TV ratings.....and the ex-WWE/WCW guys were actually draws at some point and/or not senior citizens.

Spent millions to add Stink/Wight/Christian. And ratings have went down (they beat NXT developmental show by all of 50k viewers this week) since they signed them. They've spent months and months of Stink doing pointless interview after pointless interview. Things have been so bad with Miro he probably wishes he were back in that atrocious Lana/Lashley wedding program. :thumbup: 

I distinctly remember Jericho and/or Toby Rhodes saying WWE had "all of 5 guys they'd be interested in" :lmao: I'd venture to say Smash/Trash/Dash/Cash (2 guys that no one has a clue who is who even though they've been on TV for what 5+ years now :lol: ) wouldn't be "two of those 5". Now they're signing all/every ex-WWE talent.

Good morning @Tom Servo

FTR was pretty big outside of WWE. The problem is Tony and company are over selling signings. Today outside signing a top Indie guys almost everyone out there is gonna be Ex TNA/WWE/ROH guy anymore. A lot of people knew Shawn Spears from his Indy days and The Perfect 10 Gimmick (Some people don't realize that was his gimmick before WWE). I think people got turned off by the PPV this week honestly which is ashame. 

However I'd be interested and curious if you were working for AEW who'd you sign that's realistically could come in and be a star for them. Lets make this more interesting and say you can't include Angel/Brock/RVD/Punk/ETC.