What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (12 Viewers)

Hopefully you held onto your DVD's.....

Pea(0(k gonna mess around and bring back the DVD market!!!
Leave it to the left leaning network to completely take out the skit with the knock against a Dem president. Why couldn't they just cut out the Clinton joke? It's literally the last line of the promo.

And yeah I've been seriously considering that. I've seen guys online with all the 90s and 00's on DVD. Those guys are about to make a fortune if they want to.

Leave it to the left leaning network to completely take out the skit with the knock against a Dem president. Why couldn't they just cut out the Clinton joke? It's literally the last line of the promo.

And yeah I've been seriously considering that. I've seen guys online with all the 90s and 00's on DVD. Those guys are about to make a fortune if they want to.
gonna be real interesting to see how many people switch over by next year. Not sure how they can count the wrestling fans who subbed though compared to other subs. Wondering how many Network subs are not going over with all the PC garbage they are doing. Then again people could be overreacting and it might not even be that bad. 

gonna be real interesting to see how many people switch over by next year. Not sure how they can count the wrestling fans who subbed though compared to other subs. Wondering how many Network subs are not going over with all the PC garbage they are doing. Then again people could be overreacting and it might not even be that bad. 
Pea(0(k's already shot themselves in the foot. I think it's DOA. I don't think it's worth $5 total for 4 months of today's garbage content/PPV with the "special" they're offering.. :shrug:  

1) Not having full content right away

2) No match markers (which is HUGE for me)

3) Can't confirm but heard no FF/RW (I don't know if this is live or on demand content. Def heard you can't tune in late....and then start from beginning while it's live nor FF)

4) Editing the best era in wrestling history....OUCH!!!

WWE Network's value is it's library.....not the horse#### of a product of today. 4+ months w/o all content, fans will just find something else to watch/do and not return. At a minimum, they should have delayed shutting down WWE Network app until full library transition. 

I'm certainly not paying $4.99/mo for a bunch of commercials. Can watch Pluto/Hulu etc... for free for that. Really on the fence whether I'm going to re-sub down the road at $9.99/mo if no match markers and no RW/FF (I refuse to believe this is the case with ON-DEMAND content :lol:  )

I think unless Pea(0(k makes dramatic upgrades to their stream services, people will be begging for WWE Network app back. Guess they might get it in 5 years :lol:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of WWE stupidity (but I repeat myself), there are plans to put Alexa Bliss under a mask like The Fiend (Kentucky Fried Children edition).

Can we all stop and admire the grand idiocy of this? Not only do have very attractive young lady who probably generates more rub outs than the eraser on a number 2 pencil, but a gimmick that is the other side of the same psychotic coin. She’s gorgeous, he’s ugly. She’s bubbly and talkative in a manner like Harley Quinn, he’s sullen and serious. Why in the actual heck would you want to put a mask on her?

Granted, this is the same bunch of short bus riders that broke up The Hurt Business for absolutely no good reason. 

Chris Jericho being on the Broken Skull Sessions almost makes me want to join for a month. I'm not going to, but I am curious what they are and aren't going to talk about.

@Craig_MiamiFLProps to you for your consistent attempt to bypass the filter with the NBC streaming service name. I would’ve gone with Peacork, but your dedication to the shift key is commendable. :clap:
Peacock :lol:  . It makes sense here to call it Pea(0(k but it was really a jab at my good friend Joe who gave a warning for trying to bypass the filter recently.

I'm on Strike 12 so please don't @ him :scared:  

Chris Jericho being on the Broken Skull Sessions almost makes me want to join for a month. I'm not going to, but I am curious what they are and aren't going to talk about.
I just want a massive 3 hour episode with good ole JR. You know that would be fun.

1) Not having full content right away

2) No match markers (which is HUGE for me)

3) Can't confirm but heard no FF/RW (I don't know if this is live or on demand content. Def heard you can't tune in late....and then start from beginning while it's live nor FF)
For Peacock on a Fire TV stick, my experience has been:

• Not as much content as when I had the WWE app on my iPad
  • No match markers that I have found yet
  • Can FF/RW on demand content
  • For Fastlane, I was not able to tune in late but once it was over (and on demand) was able to access fine including FF/RW
YMMV on other apps and devices.

So tonight after many many months after having cancelled my subscription and not being billed, my card was charged and my subscription was restarted without my consent. The weird part is I signed in and I was able to see the credit card it was charged to. I changed my password on the account and now when I sign in, the billing option has been removed and I don't have the option to cancel. I have emailed them, but this pisses me off. 

It'll probably be on the stream free one I use that has the WWE Network stuff usually. I'm just gonna use that 

So tonight after many many months after having cancelled my subscription and not being billed, my card was charged and my subscription was restarted without my consent. The weird part is I signed in and I was able to see the credit card it was charged to. I changed my password on the account and now when I sign in, the billing option has been removed and I don't have the option to cancel. I have emailed them, but this pisses me off. 
Bizarre.

Beautiful day on Saturday, my 12YO daughter is out back jumping on the trampoline. She is a pretty good cheerleader and tumbler. She is practicing double handsprings into full twists and basically flippy floppy all over the place. She is wearing sweatpants with pockets and at one point is doing standing back flips with her hands in her pockets. Over and over and acting like it's no big deal.  It looks pretty cool, and you know what this triggers.

We head back inside and I show her a good 30-45 mins of YouTube highlights of Orange Cassidy. His "top 20 moves", his match with Pac in AEW, his match with Kylie Rae in the Indies (which was her favorite), and my daughter is hooked. "Dad, why is he wearing jeans?" "Is he wearing a shirt of him wearing a shirt of him wearing a shirt of him?" "I could do that move" (and then proceeds to do the move from the couch to the floor). 

When I drop her and her brother off Sunday night at her Mom's we go through our goodbye routine of hugs and high-fives and me begging that they mind their Mom, and then as I'm heading out the door my daughter yells "Dad!!" and I turn to find her doing the Orange Cassidy weak thumbs up and I'm pretty much at Dad pinnacle. I can retire happy.

Wrestlemania in 6 days!!!!

WHO IS READY!?!?! :unsure:  

SAD!!
Doesn't even feel like Mania. I don't remember outside of watching Royal Rumble (Women's Rumble, Roman Match and Men's Rumble) watching anything WWE related. Kind of excited about Stand and Deliever and NXT moving nights as I'd like to get back into watching NXT. 

Other than that not really excited about any of the Mania matches. Might just check out the beginning to see the crowd reactions but other then that not even interested. Love watching Drew but Bobby just makes it a borefest and makes me not want to watch the match. 

I haven't watched NXT UK in ages but I just saw they got most of last year on Peacock already so I can go through that. 

DJackson10 said:
Doesn't even feel like Mania. I don't remember outside of watching Royal Rumble (Women's Rumble, Roman Match and Men's Rumble) watching anything WWE related. Kind of excited about Stand and Deliever and NXT moving nights as I'd like to get back into watching NXT. 

Other than that not really excited about any of the Mania matches. Might just check out the beginning to see the crowd reactions but other then that not even interested. Love watching Drew but Bobby just makes it a borefest and makes me not want to watch the match. 

I haven't watched NXT UK in ages but I just saw they got most of last year on Peacock already so I can go through that. 
Bobby is just horrible to watch in every way possible. 

I think the Sasha match will be good.

Orton and Bray.....obviously Bliss a huge part of this as well

Like seeing Edge back

Other than that, pretty dreadful card. 

Rumor has it Bea Priestley (Will Osprey's Girlfriend) is signing with NXTUK. Per a source she wasn't gonna sign an WWE main roster contract and wanted to be able to go back to Japan to spend time with Will where they live full time now. Really good addition to their roster there 

Like seeing Edge back

Other than that, pretty dreadful card. 
As much as I like Daniel Bryan, I would have preferred to see Edge vs. Roman one on one. Unless they just want the belt off Roman for some reason and Edge isn't going to work enough dates to have it?

And yeah, looked at the card again this morning, and nothing is moving the needle. 

As much as I like Daniel Bryan, I would have preferred to see Edge vs. Roman one on one. Unless they just want the belt off Roman for some reason and Edge isn't going to work enough dates to have it?

And yeah, looked at the card again this morning, and nothing is moving the needle. 
From what I heard Edge is taking a break (Not sure if it's filming related or not) and Bryan is only part time now. His contract ends in Sept as well 

Wrestlemania in 6 days!!!!

WHO IS READY!?!?! :unsure:  

SAD!!
Hard to get excited about needing to sit on your butt literally half the day...oh wait, the past couple of year.... literally half of TWO days.

Was so much better before everyone on the roster needed a match. 8-12, 7-11, whatever. Your friends came over with the beer and had the pizza ordered up as it was getting dark out. Felt like a big event and you were about to watch a lot of big happenings. Like the super bowl.

Now they've turned mania into some bland, generic celebration of wrestling that needs an entire week long festival. Yuck.

Hard to get excited about needing to sit on your butt literally half the day...oh wait, the past couple of year.... literally half of TWO days.

Was so much better before everyone on the roster needed a match. 8-12, 7-11, whatever. Your friends came over with the beer and had the pizza ordered up as it was getting dark out. Felt like a big event and you were about to watch a lot of big happenings. Like the super bowl.

Now they've turned mania into some bland, generic celebration of wrestling that needs an entire week long festival. Yuck.
The “everybody gets a match” is Vince making sure everyone  gets a WM payday. FWIW, Tony Khan does this every week with both Dark shows: that’s why those shows both run 1.5 to 2.5 hours. 

The “everybody gets a match” is Vince making sure everyone  gets a WM payday. FWIW, Tony Khan does this every week with both Dark shows: that’s why those shows both run 1.5 to 2.5 hours. 
Aren't WWE contracts fully guaranteed these days? What difference is it if they actually get on the show or not?

Hate the everyone gets a match thing. One of the issues for contract disputes was Mania pay and stuff. Vince wouldn't have a match issue if everyone gets a match if he stopped hiring past stars and giving spots away to celebs looking to get 15 out of the wrestling business. Instead of GIVING THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT he keeps part timers. 

Everyone in here is pretending that Zayn vs KO and Rollins vs Cesaro and Big E vs Apollo and Asuka vs Ripley aren't going to all be awesome. 
Because Cesaro/SetRollins was done in the Indies when Claudio Had hair still and was way better back then. Plus Seth is winning anyway

Big E is incredible boring and Apollo is so far away from his Uhaa Nation it's embarrassing 

Rhipley is gonna Win and Asuka is a shell of what she use to be it's embarrassing. 

Zayn vs KO has been played out as many times as Randy Orton vs Triple or John Cena and vice versa of the 3 of them. 

Everyone in here is pretending that Zayn vs KO and Rollins vs Cesaro and Big E vs Apollo and Asuka vs Ripley aren't going to all be awesome. 
Zayn vs KO I will watch. Cesaro does nothing for me. Zero. Neither does Big E or Apollo. Asuka and Ripley should be good as well.

Is it bad that I would be more excited if that was the SummerSlam lineup? I need some cheese and shtick and over the top HHH entrances with my WrestleMania, and I just don't see it.

Is it bad that I would be more excited if that was the SummerSlam lineup? I need some cheese and shtick and over the top HHH entrances with my WrestleMania, and I just don't see it.
That's a fair take, but, I mean, come on...it's the first Peacock exclusive and first show with fans. They are going big. 

That's a fair take, but, I mean, come on...it's the first Peacock exclusive and first show with fans. They are going big. 
Very true, I'm trying to look into my Chrystal Ball and see what everyone is going to be talking about Monday, and I just don't see anything. Rock comes out and helps Roman? Stone Cold stuns someone? Tony Khan invades? I know I'm just down on the product. And I also know that if I have a lazy Saturday morning, there is a good chance I plop down $10 just to see for myself.

Wouldn't call this big at all. Build up has been awful. RAW is a snooze fest most weeks. Tried watching a few weeks ago fell asleep. Tried the next week almost fell asleep again. It's an absolute boorfest. 

Very little star quality in WWE. Guys who should be stars by now had they pushed them sooner like Cesaro and such are nearing their early 40s late 30s. All because they wanted to push the Roman Agenda for yrs and so desperate they don't like guys not their own getting over. Not many future stars even In NXT because with Vince still there running everything we know these guys have zero chance on the main roster. Andrade was so depressed he actually asked to be moved back to NXT like Devitt got. Vince thought so little of him he ended up just releasing him. 

Like I said KO/Zayn has been played out too many times and putting in some horrible person like Logan Paul who should've been banned from Youtube already is going against everything WWE says they stand for (Not really a surprise though). Cesaro vs Seth AKA Claudio Castagnoli vs Tyler Black played out on the Indies and much better. Asuka is such a shell of her former self can barely see her as a threat vs Rhipley

Not even sure who the tag title matches are

Morrison and Miz deserve better and so does Priest than Bad Bunny.

I love Drew but I can't stand Boring Lashley. 

Roman vs a guy going part time now and out of contract in Sept in Bryan Danielson vs Edge just doesn't interest me enough. Considering I've heard Edge might be out after Mania for a film and won't be back till Summer Slam season where he'll have a program with Danielson which might be BD's sending off if he doesn't resign. So Roman is winning. Don't mind Roman's heel character or stable and it's great he's finally a heel. 

First show with Fans? I was Royal Rumble in Philly when Roman won and we booed and chanted "f WWE and We want refunds" with a crowd that reminded me of ECW's One Night Only. I went home and watched the replay two days later. They overdubbed our chants and boos with Cheers and generic WWE crowd chants. Really was disappointed by it as I wanted to see how the crowd came off on TV. Sorry but WWE Wrestlemania won't have a RAW (Pun intended) crowd reaction. WWE is so afraid of how fans will respond to certain guys and matches from dirt sheet reports. Plus AEW has had some sort of fans for weeks. I know you mean WWE's first show with actual fans though. 

Most of the pre show is gonna be Smackdown with the Andrea The Giant Memorial Battle Royal (Try saying that 10Xs fast) all because Vince wants everyone on the mania card for a payday. So the fans who bought tickets to mania don't even get a dam pre show. 

I'm at the point with Mania this year I might just have it on for background noise while doing other things. That or just wait till it ends find out what matches people said were worth watching and be done with it. 

Users who are viewing this thread