Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

53 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Pete Dunne debuted new music tonight for his entrance. 

What's it with WWE taking away the best themes of their company? :unsure:

Aleister Black had the best in the business at that time IMO (only debate to me was Fiend) and it was nuked. And so was his WWE career.

• Like 1
  • Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJackson10

• Tom Servo

• Craig_MiamiFL

• Bogart

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to get on the road...     to Wrestlemania! I don't have exceptional seats, but I'll take a lot of pictures to share.

My 9 year said he would have liked Nakamura's intro if he didn't have that stupid violin player    but then I hit him with a Kinshasa and he piped down

BAYLEY to belly....big difference guy. 

On 4/6/2021 at 9:35 PM, ShamrockPride said:

Aren't WWE contracts fully guaranteed these days? What difference is it if they actually get on the show or not?

E wrestlers sign contracts with a downside guarantee - the absolute minimum amount one can make.
Appearing on the card means you get a cut of the gate/PPV money.  The guys on top will get the biggest cut as opposed to curtain jerkers getting the least. That money means a wrestler will make more than his downside guarantee. 
A guy could have a downside of $400k and make another $150k because of PPV appearances. 

• Thanks 1
On 4/6/2021 at 10:00 PM, DJackson10 said:

Because Cesaro/SetRollins was done in the Indies when Claudio Had hair still and was way better back then. Plus Seth is winning anyway

Except only you and six others saw it in RoH. 

For most of the wrestling world, this is new. 

• Like 1
On 4/6/2021 at 9:35 PM, ShamrockPride said:

Aren't WWE contracts fully guaranteed these days? What difference is it if they actually get on the show or not?

There's a bonus for getting on PPVs and Mania is the biggest pay bonus. Also there were issues for yrs of wrestlers on the pre show that didn't get money from the DVD/TAPE sales of the PPVs either.

WWE is just putting a band aid on a bigger issue rather than addressing the real issues in the company 

5 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Except only you and six others saw it in RoH. 

For most of the wrestling world, this is new. 

yeah sure for WWE only fans. MMost of the people WWE caters to today weren't even born when Tyler Black debuted and wouldn't know who Davey Boy Smith is unfortunately 

3 hours ago, Payne said:

So hold on....Bayley has no match for Mania?? How is that even possible?

She interferes in one of the two title matches no doubt. Cost Banks the title to lead to Banks/Bailey in a Hell In A Cell/On A Pole/I Quit Match. Or cost Bianca and they are besties again.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bogart said:

She interferes in one of the two title matches no doubt. Cost Banks the title to lead to Banks/Bailey in a Hell In A Cell/On A Pole/I Quit Match. Or cost Bianca and they are besties again.

I like the cut of your jib. 

Edited by Tom Servo
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Tom Servo said:

I like the cut of your job. 

Im still not giving them my money. Im still not giving them my money.

Just now, Bogart said:

Im still not giving them my money. Im still not giving them my money.

* cough * streaming 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Payne said:

So hold on....Bayley has no match for Mania?? How is that even possible?

She might throw another temper tantrum now, maybe threaten to quit and then in a few months come back and Vince with giver her one of the women's titles again like Sasha did

Am I the only one who doesn't get Kross? He seems like another one of the IWC's love interests with a so so gimmick. Seen him only a few times in WWE watched a few of his watches before WWE and still don't get it. 

Here's a note for some of you regarding watching Wrestlemania...

Unlike the WWE Network, Peacock is not accessible on Amazon Fire or Samsung.  That means I will be watching Wrestlemania on my phone 😐

Does anyone know what a Nigerian Drum match is?  If you do, please call/text/e-mail WWE, as they apparently have no idea. :mellow: 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Keith R said:

Unlike the WWE Network, Peacock is not accessible on Amazon Fire or Samsung.  That means I will be watching Wrestlemania on my phone 😐

Do you have a video game system or laptop? PS4 has a Peacock App and you can go to the website with a laptop and sign in to watch. Also for the laptop if you have an HDMI adapter for the TV you can up it up and stream through the laptop to your tv. I've done this with NJPW for Wrestle Kingdom and other stuff 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Does anyone know what a Nigerian Drum match is?  If you do, please call/text/e-mail WWE, as they apparently have no idea. :mellow: 

No idea or who is in it but I wouldn't put it past WWE for casual stereotyping or other things

10 hours ago, Keith R said:

On my Fire TV stick, there is a free app you can download from Downloader app to watch Peacock.  You can find the instructions with a quick Google search.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Video showing fans told to evacuate seats at Raymond James Stadium do to severe Weather. T-Storm. Video is pretty spectacular as they got the pirate ship stage with the storm in the background kind of cool 

Am I the only one who doesn't care about Sasha and Bianca Main Eventing? 

We has Banks who cried and threw a public temper tantrums a few yrs back and was allowed to go home by Vince and told to calm down and come back when she's not as emotional only to be put a rocket booster on her when she comes back. 

Bianca Belair plays he stereotypical Black teen early 20s girl who acts tough and anyone criticizing her is disrespectful. I'm as shocked with the whole cancer culture people aren't up in arms about Bianca's character for this stereotype. Then again The New Day's Original Gimmick was a stereotype of an African American Church with Gospel. It was and always has been a cringe group.  As well as the fact Bianca's character seems like a rip off of Sasha's character early on. 

JBL on the pre show giving the Company lines how this isn't about race and all about the Main Event. Sorry bully but it absolutely is WWE virtue Signaling with this. 

54 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

JBL on the pre show giving the Company lines how this isn't about race and all about the Main Event. Sorry bully but it absolutely is WWE virtue Signaling with this. 

Please tell us more about how the star who crossed over to the Mandalorian versus the next star who they've invested documentary profiles and a Rumble win into don't deserve to main event. Is it because they are black? Or women? Or both?

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Please tell us more about how the star who crossed over to the Mandalorian versus the next star who they've invested documentary profiles and a Rumble win into don't deserve to main event. Is it because they are black? Or women? Or both?

No Sasha because she was unprofessional about losing the tag titles and then still got her way. Bianca I just don't care for. Sorry if I don't like stereotypes. Sasha wasn't that great in madalorian either. She was ok. 

Mania should resume in 5 mins. This is what the worst part of wrestling outside is. 

Just now, PantherThunder said:

Is WWE Watch along what we got now? Is there just the ring coverage?

They are in a weather delay right now 

Hulk I'm sorry I got caught spewing bigotry Hogan Sighting 

Too bad we can't have Titus World Slide tonight. That would've been fun with that ramp 

WWE really did themselves with the fake crowd noise 

Yeah I decided to watch. Weird to start the event with a big name match. I agree with  DJ, the fake crowd noise is pretty obvious. Still good to see a live event with a decent crowd. 

• Like 1

So much for wanting McIntyre to win the title in front of a live crowd :rolleyes:

Opener: Lashley and Drew smashed into each other a bunch. I thought Lashley looked like he hurt his knee early but powered through. Contrary to Mania tradition, one Hurt Lock was enough to put McIntyre away. Solid but unspectacular, and I give them extra credit for being the first to deal with awkward elements. 

Edited by JB Breakfast Club
Typo
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

It looks like Rollins wasn’t the only person with pyro failures. It looked like AJ was expecting something as well 

Due to the rain power doesn't work as well sometimes 

WTF happened with Bayley? This is so god dam Cringe 

1 minute ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Braun beat a man half his size in a celebration of inverse bullying that is surely Vince McMahon giving a wink to QAnon. 

Nice ripping open the cage spot, though. 

Ummmm....Did...did Shane fight Braun Stowman?  WTF?

Best part of the whole storyline of Braun stupid is his character really is stupid. Announcing his cash in for the title was just one of the more dumb things in the character's history