Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

3 hours ago, Deranged Hermit said:

I can understand most of the releases,  but the Iconics one is a head scratcher. They were passable in the ring, had decent mic skills and were the tag Champs just last year. Plus Peyton Royce is hot as hell. Figured Vince would keep her around at least.

Billie Kay could’ve been the next Santino Morella IMO. She has comic timing and her antics made me chuckle instead of rolling my eyes. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJackson10

• Tom Servo

• Craig_MiamiFL

• Bogart

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to get on the road...     to Wrestlemania! I don't have exceptional seats, but I'll take a lot of pictures to share.

My 9 year said he would have liked Nakamura's intro if he didn't have that stupid violin player    but then I hit him with a Kinshasa and he piped down

scored free suite tix to Raw tonight

8 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Billie Kay could’ve been the next Santino Morella IMO. She has comic timing and her antics made me chuckle instead of rolling my eyes. 

A certain writer didn't get Billie Kay Bro 

16 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

A certain writer didn't get Billie Kay Bro 

A certain writer is a bloody moron.

• Laughing 1
5 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

A certain writer is a bloody moron.

Not my problem bro 

3 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

6 year old's got more charisma than anyone in the company today.

I know podcasters with more charisma 

5 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Oh do you now?

I mean in WWE talent they have more Charisma. 

52 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

WWE sent Mickie James her stuff...in a trash bag stuffed in a box. <_<

Triple H responded that the person who did this was unprofessional and was immediately terminated by WWE when they found out who. Offered an apology to Mickie and will make it right. 

10 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Triple H responded that the person who did this was unprofessional and was immediately terminated by WWE when they found out who. Offered an apology to Mickie and will make it right. 

*wanking motion*

WWE has fired Mark Carrano who is in charge of informing talents they've been let go. No word if he's the one who sent the trash bag or not. heard from others Carrano had been quietly demoted recently. Rumors are he was "fired" but really it was a demotion and he was scapegoated for the Mickie fiasco 

There's also some reports that Referee John Cone gone. 

Other reports are that John Laurinitis is now in charge of everything talent relations wise. 

8 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

WWE has fired Mark Carrano who is in charge of informing talents they've been let go. No word if he's the one who sent the trash bag or not. heard from others Carrano had been quietly demoted recently. Rumors are he was "fired" but really it was a demotion and he was scapegoated for the Mickie fiasco 

There's also some reports that Referee John Cone gone. 

Other reports are that John Laurinitis is now in charge of everything talent relations wise. 

Going back to this Gail Kim Maria Kanellis and Jillian Hall have accused WWE of this practice and saying Mark was a scapegoat. A fewer happy Carrano left as he was not a good human being. Former Darren Young said after he was let go Carrano would harass him about it. A few said this was well deserved karma. Others have said Mark was just a scape goat and this is a culture problem in WWE. 

16 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Watching Stone Cold A&E doc for second time. No regrets. Looking forward to Piper in a bit.

Wife, son, and I watched last week.  My wife HATES wrestling, but she loved it.  She loves the real people, and seeing a guy make his dream come true.  And to see my son see what the best era was really like....man it just doesn't get better.  Wish we could relive that.

• Love 2

Mark Corrano's ex is accusing of him stealing WWE titles from the company 

2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

At this point, forcing someone to watch RAW is probably against the Geneva Convention. 

Grounds for child protective services to be called in too if you're a parent forcing your kids to watch 

• Laughing 1

Yujira Nagata AKA Blue Justice is coming to Jacksonville to face Jon Moxley for the NJPW IWGP US Title in 2 weeks. 

Clean finishes, unscripted promos, week-to-week continuity, banger matches, storylines that make the characters involved engaging

What more could you ask for in a two-hour wrestling show?

Spot of the night: Orange Cassidy counters Penta's armbreaker...

by putting his hand in his pocket :lmao:

Edited by hagmania
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, hagmania said:

Clean finishes, unscripted promos, week-to-week continuity, banger matches, storylines that make the characters involved engaging

And Mox and Kingston raising hell 

Plus Taz and Calis on Commentary

On 4/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, Tom Servo said:

At this point, forcing someone to watch RAW is probably against the Geneva Convention. 

For a long tme I was DVRing and ffwd thru probably 70% of it. I don't even bother anymore and it's such a relief 😂

• Like 1
2 hours ago, hagmania said:

Meh. I mean I'm still giving them a chance, but outside of Kingston, Jericho and MJW no ones giving good unscripted promos. There's still a whole lot of cringy #### going on, and a lot of the match booking is really bad. 

And it's still far better than RAW!!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, coyote5 said:

Meh. I mean I'm still giving them a chance, but outside of Kingston, Jericho and MJW no ones giving good unscripted promos. There's still a whole lot of cringy #### going on, and a lot of the match booking is really bad. 

I think I just have different tastes.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, coyote5 said:

That last sentence is the money quote here. I’m wondering when it gets to the point that AEW on Wednesday outdraws RAW on Monday. I will howl 🤣🤣 if that happens. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, coyote5 said:

:yes: don't get me wrong I'll watch AEW over WWE any day of the week, but nothing in the wrestling world is very impressive these days.

I was just thinking about the Stone Cold Biography, and the generational divide/contrast really struck me.

There's that one part where he's just started wrestling and he's on the road, low pay, driving all these miles, and he's eating the famous Young Steve Austin tuna and potatoes 3x a day. He says at one point, he ran out of tuna, just munching potatoes, and then eventually he had to call up his Mom to send him $40 so he could buy something to eat. He's like "it was the only time I've ever asked my parents for money in my life."

Then you turn on AEW, and a guy like Trent is having his mom drive him around each week in a minivan, making a whole storyline out of it.

Was just a big :rolleyes: moment for me

Edited by ShamrockPride
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You know, I was more than a bit drunk when I posted about the promos, and I'll admit there are a few more that are putting in good work in that regard - Mox, Starks, Taz, Christian, Callis.

6 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

:yes: don't get me wrong I'll watch AEW over WWE any day of the week, but nothing in the wrestling world is very impressive these days.

I was just thinking about the Stone Cold Biography, and the generational divide/contrast really struck me.

There's that one part where he's just started wrestling and he's on the road, low pay, driving all these miles, and he's eating the famous Young Steve Austin tuna and potatoes 3x a day. He says at one point, he ran out of tuna, just munching potatoes, and then eventually he had to call up his Mom to send him $40 so he could buy something to eat. He's like "it was the only time I've ever asked my parents for money in my life."

Then you turn on AEW, and a guy like Trent is having his mom drive him around each week in a minivan, making a whole storyline out of it.

Was just a big :rolleyes: moment for me

The Trent's mom thing I believe is a joke 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

The Trent's mom thing I believe is a joke 

Ditto. It’s supposed to be tongue in cheek. I like it...it’s better than 95% of whatever WWE books. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Ditto. It’s supposed to be tongue in cheek. I like it...it’s better than 95% of whatever WWE books. 

Yeah kind of what I meant. 

23 hours ago, coyote5 said:

You know, I was more than a bit drunk when I posted about the promos, and I'll admit there are a few more that are putting in good work in that regard - Mox, Starks, Taz, Christian, Callis.

We all drink. It is ok. We respect your opinion. 

• Like 2
On 4/29/2021 at 6:09 PM, coyote5 said:

Drunk posting makes for the most interesting comments. 

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
6 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Drunk posting makes for the most interesting comments. 

It can also lead to some terrible posts as I found out yrs ago. 

6 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Today is also the 18th anniversary of the passing of Miss Elizabeth. 😢

Today would've been my former coworker (She just retired) oldest son birthday would've been 36. He died in the summer of 2017 or so. Her other son who I knew use to be an Eagles assistant coach now with the Texans.  

So as a Savage/Miss Elizzabeth fan and that rough day for me 

Edited by DJackson10
29 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Today would've been my former coworker (She just retired) oldest son birthday would've been 36. He died in the summer of 2017 or so. Her other son who I knew use to be an Eagles assistant coach now with the Texans.  

So as a Savage/Miss Elizzabeth fan and that rough day for me 

It gets rougher.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, facook said:

It gets rougher.

I also forgot one of my favorite NBA player's Daughter Gianna Bryant would've been 15 today