What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (7 Viewers)

Cesaro has long been in the Jack Swagger / Ziggler category.The boat was missed long ago. Boat meaning after he won the Andre Battle Royal. 

The biggest problem WWE has right now (besides their creative in general) is there's no one remotely close to Reigns's level right now.  Bryan/Cesaro/Owens feel like that main event fodder they'd use for the PPV vs. champion between Rumble and Mania to get them to the big challenger against the champion at Mania. Well there is no other big challenger right now. There's no reason to even have Brock/Rock beat Reigns either. No idea who should be the individual to beat Reigns... I'd keep belt on him until whenever that day comes. More likely they get the belt off him in. 3 way or Chamber match etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Cesaro has long been in the Jack Swagger / Ziggler category.The boat was missed long ago. Boat meaning after he won the Andre Battle Royal. 

The biggest problem WWE has right now (besides their creative in general) is there's no one remotely close to Reigns's level right now.  Bryan/Cesaro/Owens feel like that main event fodder they'd use for the PPV vs. champion between Rumble and Mania to get them to the big challenger against the champion at Mania. Well there is no other big challenger right now. There's no reason to even have Brock/Rock beat Reigns either. No idea who should be the individual to beat Reigns... I'd keep belt on him until whenever that day comes. More likely they get the belt off him in. 3 way or Chamber match etc...
Agree with all of this.

Love the idea of an epically long title run for Reigns. He's at 253+ as off today. Not saying he needs a Bruno type run of several years, but when you look at certain runs (Punk-434 days, Cena-380 days, AJ-371 days), I think he could double all of those. Keep the belt on him until at least next WM. Make the room step up. Make someone pull a Becky Lynch and become something big out of nothing. Tell a long story.

Everyone knew Roman's potential. I'm so glad he has been put in the right position to perform it.
Everyone but Vince and it took a pandemic that Vince felt "inconvenienced" by and Leati threatening to leave WWE and terminate his contract even by legal means for Vinny Mac and Company to cave in and make him heel. Dam shame Matt passed away and Eddie (AKA UMAGA) because they really could've had a really really great faction. 

Roman is so far above the fray that anyone facing him is an automatic underdog. Just keep leaning into that for the next year. Run Owens at HiTC. Uso uprising for Summerslam. Anyone can heat up for a single shot in between because Reigns makes them look great. Throw Kofi in there. Cesaro can take another run. Big E would be a nice hoss fight. The person to beat Roman might not even be on the current roster...

The issue is all those guys aren't young. Bryan and Cesaro should've had championships main ones a year after debuting on the main roster. I remember when all three of these guys were signed and guys like Gallows/Anderson and AJ. That was before I started the well WWE won't use them right and I hope they sign else where. Shame with Nakamura. I hated when Kushida signed with WWE. One of my favorites. Glad he got a cruiserweight title but Wish he never signed with WWE. 

Now when someone becomes an FA I like I hope that they don't sign with WWE. AEW sure because they need another big name or 2 to put them over the top, Go to or back to NJPW and heck I'm even for them going to IMPACT despite not really watching it because it's not WWE. 

WWE's biggest issue is Vince and Dunn and the people around Vince he has as his "yes men" and the typical "they tell Vince what he wants to here even if they don't believe it themselves just to keep a job" are oblivious of todays business. Like I said Dunn didn't get The Iconics at all. Vince still thinks big guys who have 5 moves and look like monsters with bad promo skills still sell. I'm not saying every match needs to be like The Young Bucks (I like them but sometimes their matches just go too over the top when its not needed) because that will turn people away, but why do we need 10 guys similar to a Braun? Just not needed. Damien Priest should already be a main roster contender and possible fighting Reigns or Dijokic and not in the stupid gimmick. I'm cool with a Walter type and I think they've done great with how they've advertised him. Ironic since WWE really doesn't care about the UK unless they are over there and everyone knows they are just trying to sign up all the talent to kill any Indy scene that won't partner with them. 

My biggest hope is NJPW keeps expanding into the US and we get a weekly show like NJPW Strong on Cable TV at some point. Not only that but NJPW Stardom create a women's division together that shows off the women on NJPW tours and matches. 

Roman is so far above the fray that anyone facing him is an automatic underdog. Just keep leaning into that for the next year. Run Owens at HiTC. Uso uprising for Summerslam. Anyone can heat up for a single shot in between because Reigns makes them look great. Throw Kofi in there. Cesaro can take another run. Big E would be a nice hoss fight. The person to beat Roman might not even be on the current roster...
If I'm HHH, I pull both Johnny Gargano and Adam Cole aside and tell each of them, "I need an 18-month story that starts with SummerSlam in August and ends with you beating Roman Reigns at WM2023 in Los Angeles." Either best booking wins, or if you like both, start both and see which one picks up steam. I think you need a David type underdog to eventually take down the Goliath Roman.

Second option, also keep the belt on Walter in the UK and slowly build to a "true world's champion" match next year at WM in Texas.

Agree with all of this.

Love the idea of an epically long title run for Reigns. He's at 253+ as off today. Not saying he needs a Bruno type run of several years, but when you look at certain runs (Punk-434 days, Cena-380 days, AJ-371 days), I think he could double all of those. Keep the belt on him until at least next WM. Make the room step up. Make someone pull a Becky Lynch and become something big out of nothing. Tell a long story.
Agreed 2x.  To give RR a long reign of 800 days or so - assuming (big if) creative can keep him fresh and interesting - and I think you would get him a lot of respect from fans.  Instead of a "Cena wins LOL", you have someone you could respect as he took on all challengers and looked strong.  The fact he's not a chicken#### heel works for him too.

If you could set up that LA WM between him and Rock?  Oh heaven bar the door!  The hype would justifiably be off the charts.

If I'm HHH, I pull both Johnny Gargano and Adam Cole aside and tell each of them, "I need an 18-month story that starts with SummerSlam in August and ends with you beating Roman Reigns at WM2023 in Los Angeles." Either best booking wins, or if you like both, start both and see which one picks up steam. I think you need a David type underdog to eventually take down the Goliath Roman.

Second option, also keep the belt on Walter in the UK and slowly build to a "true world's champion" match next year at WM in Texas.
I like your second suggestion much better than your first.  You'll get the casuals who follow RR, and the IWC with their darling Walter.  Heck, for that main event, I'd shoot the lock off my wallet to watch that.  The trick is to tell a good story to make Walter a legitimate threat to RR...it's so easy even a caveman could do it.

Main difference between Roman and Cena (or whatever other Megastar the last 30 years) is that even though creative put all their weight behind Cena 15 years ago, they still knew how to build a superstar apart from their main guy. That's half the battle to creating a superstar, keep feeding him new and threatening competitors who can feasibly give him a run for the title.

This creative team over the past few years has completely sold out the entire roster to get Reigns over. And now we're seeing the effects of that now. Nobody is going to believably threaten him. And viewership drops because there's no intrigue who could be the next man up. The next man up does not exist in that entire company right now.

All the guys that would be great to beat Roman are in AEW lol. I'm thinking specifically of Hangman Page, but their pillars of the future, the handful of 20-somethings they are building, have tons of potential.

2 things taken away from the above discussion:

1. Roman Reigns is absolutely killing it in this run.

2. Bring up Adam Cole and....Finn Balor

NY Post: Zombie stunt is one of WWE's saddest moments

Zombie Lumber Jacks. Yes, read that again. WWE turned the lumberjacks for The Miz-Damien Priest match into zombies as basically a big ad for Dave Bautista’s new movie, “Army of the Dead,” which sponsored the show. Kudos to those two and John Morrison for trying to make the most of this absolute disaster. Priest and Miz even teamed up to fight the zombies at one point.

WWE did put the zombies in context by showing a tweet from Bautista saying he couldn’t make it but “some of my friends will.” It all made for one of the worst things WWE has ever done. They even dimmed the lights and filled the ThunderDome video board with spooky house graphics.

Somehow the zombies, which arrived from all around the arena and scared the broadcast team away, knew not to enter the ring during the match. But they made sure to “eat” the Miz in the middle of it following his defeat. WWE even had Priest’s bow-and-arrow routine lead to an ad for the movie after he won. The match felt so secondary. Compromising your creative and product on a pay-per-view that much to promote a movie just leaves a bad taste.

Miz will likely be right back on “Monday Night Raw” this week with some lame excuse for how he survived. Either that or we get a Zombie Miz and Morrison, who was also eaten. Just for due diligence, we have now seen WWE burn a man alive (The Fiend) and have one eaten alive by the blood-thirsty undead in the past six months.

Rule-abiding zombies, burning a man alive, Braun making choo choo noises around the ring, and Riddle with animated twitter birds flying out of his a##.....all this in just the past couple months.

Putting this out there because I hate WWE Creative. The next person to beat Roman Reigns will be Seth Rollins, with the help of Triple H. Going to guess Summerslam, and leads to a Tribal Team vs. New Corporation Survivor Series match. 

Gargano won't sell on the Main Roster. He's a poor man's Daniel Bryan. 

Agreed 2x.  To give RR a long reign of 800 days or so - assuming (big if) creative can keep him fresh and interesting - and I think you would get him a lot of respect from fans.  Instead of a "Cena wins LOL", you have someone you could respect as he took on all challengers and looked strong.  The fact he's not a chicken#### heel works for him too.

If you could set up that LA WM between him and Rock?  Oh heaven bar the door!  The hype would justifiably be off the charts.
A lot of people respect Reigns already. People were just tired of seeing him as a face pushed down our throats. He also wanted to be a heel. This isn't Cena who I do Appreciate what he's done for WWE but Reigns is more talented then Cena. If this MLW/WWE Partnership gets going they could bring in Contra Unit as a member of The Samoan dynasty as Roman and USO's cousin Jacob Fatu is their leader. 

Fans didn't hate hate Roman and I've always said I liked him (Also after the help I got from his cousin and him probably top 10 Wrestlers), but I and many others hated how WWE scripted the character. Apparently we weren't the only ones and Roman hated it himself 

I like your second suggestion much better than your first.  You'll get the casuals who follow RR, and the IWC with their darling Walter.  Heck, for that main event, I'd shoot the lock off my wallet to watch that.  The trick is to tell a good story to make Walter a legitimate threat to RR...it's so easy even a caveman could do it.
Nothing comes Easy to WWE Creative. They've had several great storylines to tell in front of them over the last 5-6 yrs and completely miss them 

Or...maybe Roman is just better than everyone else? 
WWE's biggest issues is they made too much in trying to shove certain guys down fans throats rather then someone come naturally AKA Daniel Bryan, Cesaro, CM Punk, KO, Zayn, etc all because they weren't their guys. Then you get a guy like Balor who Vince won't trust because of a few injuries 

2 things taken away from the above discussion:

1. Roman Reigns is absolutely killing it in this run.

2. Bring up Adam Cole and....Finn Balor
Balor won't come up because he knows he'll get buried. Plus HHH will protect him as much as he can as he's one of Hunter's boys 

Rule-abiding zombies, burning a man alive, Braun making choo choo noises around the ring, and Riddle with animated twitter birds flying out of his a##.....all this in just the past couple months.
Zombies after they criticized a good blood and guts match. The hypocrisy of WWE. They clearly aren't with the program some in WWE

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Miz tore his ACL at the PPV.

Dude has been an ironman for WWE. His first (major) injury with the company in 17 years.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/05/wwe-superstar-could-be-out-of-action-for-7-9-months/
I use to hate Miz but IMHO out of the lot he's improved so much. He makes such a great heel and his ECW run as The Chick magnet with his attire just made you want to hate him. He's one of the best promo guys they have and if they let him go off non script and just bullet points he'd run circles on most of the main roster. Miz is probably on of the bigger talents I changed from hating to really liking over the last 17 yrs at least WWE wise. Dam shame 

Hope they keep him off TV the whole time. No interviews, no commentary, no medical updates. That return at Royal Rumble would be huge.
Issue is he's so good at a lot of the promo stuff and commentary I could see them using him in a Samoa Joe role or at least having him do the pre shows of PPVs 

19 yrs ago today Davey Boy Smith Passed away 

1 year ago Shad Gaspard died of growing after saving a little kid in the ocean 

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Miz tore his ACL at the PPV.

Dude has been an ironman for WWE. His first (major) injury with the company in 17 years.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/05/wwe-superstar-could-be-out-of-action-for-7-9-months/
My wife likes watching Miz and Mrs (she likes all the reality shows) and he's been hitting the gym really hard since Morrison came back. I wonder if *ahem* 'supplements ' have anything to do with the injury?  

Either way, I've always been a fan of his. Hope he'll be ok.

BREAKING: On Busted Open Radio today, Tony Kahn says AEW has renegotiated with TNT. 

AEW’s 2nd show will be called Rampage and run for 1 hour on Friday night and debuts on August 13th.

Dynamite and Rampage will move to TBS next year with quarterly events on TNT... aka Special events. 

TBS is in 1 million more homes than TNT.

NXT referee Drake Wuertz has been fired. Per Sean Ross Sapp, Wuertz:

- Almost got beat up backstage
- Angrily walked out of a Triple H meeting about inclusion
- Had upset longtime friends
- Got loud with talent over vaccinations

Yikes. 

My wife likes watching Miz and Mrs (she likes all the reality shows) and he's been hitting the gym really hard since Morrison came back. I wonder if *ahem* 'supplements ' have anything to do with the injury?  

Either way, I've always been a fan of his. Hope he'll be ok.
Doubt it. People who know Mike really well have said he's not the type to cut corners. He's one of those who is careful with whatever goes into his body. Hennigan (Morrison) is the same way. Miz can go in the gym too

BREAKING: On Busted Open Radio today, Tony Kahn says AEW has renegotiated with TNT. 

AEW’s 2nd show will be called Rampage and run for 1 hour on Friday night and debuts on August 13th.

Dynamite and Rampage will move to TBS next year with quarterly events on TNT... aka Special events. 

TBS is in 1 million more homes than TNT.
This is awesome. A really good deal as well. 

NXT referee Drake Wuertz has been fired. Per Sean Ross Sapp, Wuertz:

- Almost got beat up backstage
- Angrily walked out of a Triple H meeting about inclusion
- Had upset longtime friends
- Got loud with talent over vaccinations

Yikes. 
Seems like a swell guy. If the times today were the 90s Vince would've kept him but as a publicly traded company he wasn't lasting not after his stunt went public. From people in the industry I knew the dude was not fun to work with and usually difficult. Over the yrs some thought it was frustrating with the Biz and the fact the deathmatch wrestling took a toll on him. However as the years went by more and more people just realized he was an arrogant and ignorant Jack@$s. A few friends in WWE did not know about Drake's beliefs but he became pretty vocal over the last year or so. Shying good friends away who didn't want to associate with him backstage anymore. Hunter is very big into the Inclusion and PC Culture but doesn't try and shove it down people's throats. The dude gets along with anyone and everyone from a business stand point these days. It's also the "baby" of projects his wife Stephanie deals with so when Drake walked out on that meeting he not only insulted Paul but his wife and the Company. I was told Drake did himself no favors after the initial incident and pulled a Kevin backstage (Male Karen) on more then one occasion. Made claims he was a victim and being bullied for his beliefs and all that other right wing BS they spew these days about Der "rights". Was told Drake will not be missed after the way he's acted over the past year. Some say they have no opinion of the guy just feel sorry that he felt he had to act that way and for what? It cost him his job 

A surprise release today is Imperiums Alexander Wolfe but he confirmed on his twitter his contract was up on June 15th anyway. Jessmayne Dukes was also let go. She was working with UpUpDown and full time as a Digital Content Creator for WWE when she wasn't being use as talent.

Vanessa Borne and Kavita Devi were also released 

Alexander Wolfe

Kavita Devi

Jessamyn Duke

Vanessa Borne

EJ Nduku

Skyler Story

WWE says :bye:  to Velveteen Dream. 
SHould've happened last year. The dude was very unprofessional to work with from what I was told and difficult to work with. If you remember him as Patric Clark on Tough Enough he was very condescending to other contestants who didn't know a lot of Wrestling history or about WWE. The coaches didn't like it and despite being one of the better ring workers the judges didn't like his unprofessionalism and sent him packing. My former Coworker who did part time WWE said a lot of people were shocked when WWE brought him in as a trainee. His attitude never changed and some suspect he lied about the underage incident. Unconfirmed by there's speculation right now from some in the company that more on that situation is coming out and WWE was told about it before the news hits

He was not very well liked backstage by anyone either. his know it all attitude got him into a few heated backstage incidents with other talent and producers to where Hunter told him to tone it down. People also didn't like his cockiness 

Some other issues with Velveteen Dream are the fact that after his back injury he was not the same in the ring as well as the fact when the live crowd wasn't there he didn't have the momentum he once did. WWE probably would've kept him around if he wasn't such a malcontent 

Users who are viewing this thread