Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

If you watched Dark Side of the Ring last night, that had to be one of the craziest, weirdest ones they've put out.  I mean, I expected something like Scott Norton getting his phone call to his wife interrupted and him getting taken out for interrogation.  What I DID NOT expect was 2 Cold Scorpio and Hawk having legit heat.  I'll not spoil it, but Scorpio is sharing a room with Benoit (weird enough, ya know?) and he's got metal chopsticks.  Not to mention Bischoff going for an early morning run in Pyongyang and the reaction he gets.

I literally watched it like this: :shock: 

• Like 1

Sonya Deville's stalker found incompetent to stand trial.  The PFA order was also extended.

The Defendant is manifestly incapable of surviving alone or with the help of willing and responsible family or friends, including available alternative services, and, without treatment, the Defendant is likely to suffer from neglect or to refuse to care for himself/herself, and such neglect or refusal poses a real and present threat of substantive harm to the Defendant’s well-being; or, there is a substantial likelihood that in the near future the Defendant will inflict serious bodily harm on himself/herself or another person, as evidenced by behaviors causing, attempting, or threatening such harm.

b. All available, less restrictive treatment alternatives, including treatment in community residential facilities or community inpatient or outpatient settings, which would offer an opportunity for improvement of the Defendant’s condition have been judged to be inappropriate; and

c. There is substantial probability that the mental illness causing the Defendant’s incompetence to proceed will respond to treatment and the Defendant will regain competency to proceed in the reasonably foreseeable future.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2021 at 5:52 PM, Tom Servo said:

If you watched Dark Side of the Ring last night, that had to be one of the craziest, weirdest ones they've put out.  I mean, I expected something like Scott Norton getting his phone call to his wife interrupted and him getting taken out for interrogation.  What I DID NOT expect was 2 Cold Scorpio and Hawk having legit heat.  I'll not spoil it, but Scorpio is sharing a room with Benoit (weird enough, ya know?) and he's got metal chopsticks.  Not to mention Bischoff going for an early morning run in Pyongyang and the reaction he gets.

I literally watched it like this: :shock: 

Bischoff talked about this on his podcast. If I remember correctly,  I think that, if it weren't for Baba, they might not have gotten out.

It was more than a year ago since I heard it though,  so I might have misrembered.

*edit* it was Inoki, not Baba.

Edited by Deranged Hermit
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Deranged Hermit said:

Have Auska and Charlotte ever had a bad match? 

Considering all the matches they’ve had lately, I’d say they’ve got it down pat. 

25 years ago today, WWF holds its infamous “In Your House: Beware of Dog” in South Carolina. The power went out at the arena during the PPV. 

• Like 1

You can see the full list of released wrestlers released since April 15 below:

Samoa Joe

Peyton Royce

Billie Kay

Mickie James

Chelsea Green

Tucker

Kalisto

Wesley Blake

Bo Dallas

Mojo Rawley

Alexander Wolfe

Velveteen Dream

Ezra Judge

Skyler Story

Vanessa Borne

Jessamyn Duke

Kavita Devi

Drake Wuertz (referee)

Jake Clemons (referee)

WWE confirmed shortly after the report broke that Monday Night Raw's play-by-play commentary Adnan Virk had left the company as well. Virk had signed a multi-year deal with the company but only worked seven episodes for the Red Brand.

WWE has signed former Bellator and UFC commentator Jimmy Smith as RAW main commentary guy 

2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Mikey was a crowd favorite at the Arean back in those days. Loved Joey Styles yelling Whippersnapper during Mikey's finishing move. 

Per Meltzer Nick Khan of WWE talking to NJPW about a partnership that would include top WWE talent working in NJPW

Gist Meltzer stated last week talks started in March April. The talent exchange would have top WWE stars wrestling in NJPW. Another factor is to keep other possible companies like AEW and IMPACT from getting stronger and hope to get a younger generation of Wrestling fans who grew up more watching NJPW from tapes and other things interested in WWE as well as possible future talent interested in Working for WWE. Unlike the older Gen who grew up predominately wanting to wrestle or watch WWE most younger fans today would rather watch NJPW. WWE has also noticed more talent interesting in signing with 1 company who allows them to take dates outside or as part of a partnership deal and work else were. Nick Khan is trying to finally stop a trend in WWE of their isolationism and branch WWE in the future of wrestling business as well. 

3 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Per Meltzer Nick Khan of WWE talking to NJPW about a partnership that would include top WWE talent working in NJPW

Gist Meltzer stated last week talks started in March April. The talent exchange would have top WWE stars wrestling in NJPW. Another factor is to keep other possible companies like AEW and IMPACT from getting stronger and hope to get a younger generation of Wrestling fans who grew up more watching NJPW from tapes and other things interested in WWE as well as possible future talent interested in Working for WWE. Unlike the older Gen who grew up predominately wanting to wrestle or watch WWE most younger fans today would rather watch NJPW. WWE has also noticed more talent interesting in signing with 1 company who allows them to take dates outside or as part of a partnership deal and work else were. Nick Khan is trying to finally stop a trend in WWE of their isolationism and branch WWE in the future of wrestling business as well. 

Okada's TNA gimmick will be revived, Jay White will get familiar with catering, and Rey Mysterio will defeat G.O.D. singlehandedly.

• Laughing 1

53 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Okada's TNA gimmick will be revived, Jay White will get familiar with catering, and Rey Mysterio will defeat G.O.D. singlehandedly.

NJPW would revoke the partnership immediately

According to Wrestling Observer Dream was fired after another incident was reported by someone in WWE involving Dream. No word on the specifics of that incident were given but apparently it was one they were not already aware about. Given Dream's controversial issues within the company they decided it was time to cut bait 

I ordered the PPV for Sunday. I figured with a decent raise and $$$$ I'm making if I got to pay still for a PPV every few months AEW has earned the right to take my $$$$. The other reason is My brother's 30th Birthday is today and we will be at Dinner in the city with reservations for 5.  Easier to get the PPV going with it pre ordered then finding some stream as well as catching up. 

• Like 1

Also really enjoying the Friday Night Dynamite with a live crowd and the stage set up. 

Posted (edited)

I’m watching MLW on Vice from the 2300 Arena and who do I see but Jimmy Havoc with Priscilla Kelly. Darby Allin outkicked his coverage - sadly, they’re not together anymore. 

Apparently, Cima and the Stronghearts are in MLW as well. So much for AEW bringing in Chinese talent. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Tom Servo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

I’m watching MLW on Vice from the 2300 Arena and who do I see but Jimmy Havoc with Priscilla Kelly. Darby Allin outkicked his coverage - sadly, they’re not together anymore. 

Apparently, Cima and the Stronghearts are in MLW as well. So much for AEW bringing in Chinese talent. 🤷‍♂️

I think you watched an old episode. There were no shows at the 2300 arena this past month. Nothing till July 10. Cima last wrested MLW Feb 1 of last year according to the match logs 

6 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I think you watched an old episode. There were no shows at the 2300 arena this past month. Nothing till July 10. Cima last wrested MLW Feb 1 of last year according to the match logs 

All my DTV channel guide said was 2021.  I didn't think it was too too recent.

Double or Nothing was a fantastic PPV - oh how I've missed a full crowd!

Hot crowd all night, great matches start to finish. I think I have to give performance of the night to 62 year-old Sting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hagmania said:

Double or Nothing was a fantastic PPV - oh how I've missed a full crowd!

Hot crowd all night, great matches start to finish. I think I have to give performance of the night to 62 year-old Sting.

I got home around 8:30 was expecting like 2 matches at least on Pre Show and realized it was nothing but the promo's rehating everything. I started the PPV on my phone as it has watch from Beginning but the webpage on computer doesn't have that option and wasn't allowing me to watch Deeb/Riho. Watched that through my phone as when I tried to go to the pre show through my Computer it Took me to the opening of the PPV. I passed out last night late and was exhausted today. Went to dinner at an Indian Restaurant and we had a pretty big meal which didn't help my tiredness. I managed to really watch everything up to the triple threat match before fighting off sleepiness and was in and out the last qtr of that and the Stadium stampede. I got an 8 hour work shift tomorrow starting at noon so I think I'll end up rewatching from the triple threat to the end. 

Nice surprise to see Lio Rush and hopefully he has his life and bipolar together and handled well where there shouldn't be any issues. He's a NJPW talent now. Really happy for Jungle Boy and nice moment involving Christian, where CC gives him a cool moment. Happy they aren't giving a Cristian a title shot yet and he seems to be here to help get guys over. Wished we had some 1 on 1 fighting with Matt and Christian though. Had Chills with the Mox/Kingston entrance. One I love the Wild Thing tune and that was my nickname in Baseball and two just the live crowd again erupting. I'm a Huge Mox/Kingston fan from their time in Philly and Mox shouting out a very popular area around me on Dynamite was very cool. Going back on their Philly days. Like I've said before Mox is still very popular around here and so is Eddie. Hopefully Eddie gets his big Company title because he truly deserves one. Match vs The Young Bucks was really good though and great way to start the first live PPV for AEW in front of a packed house. 

Feel bad for Shida to lose. I thought they should've at least kept the title on her through the summer to allow her to defend it in front of some live crowds before losing it. Figured with Britt's action figure coming out in the Fall All Out would be where she gets it. 50/50 on Baker winning the title. Yes she's got a lot of momentum right now but at the same times she's still very raw and not sure she should get the title just yet. She's improved for sure though. Despite being a huge Adam Cole fan (her Fiancee) I've met both several time over the last 5 yrs and she's always has come off as a bit of a b**ch in public. So seeing her with the title right now kind of is a bummer for me and I can't be that happy for her personally. Again my personal experience and maybe she is very nice but I've met both several times over the yrs and she's always come off the Wrong way. Nothing happened between us personally just didn't like how she has come off with some of the other people she was around and how she treated some people. Match here was very good though non the less. 

Nice surprise to See Mark Henry signed for Rampage. Interested to see how he does with commentary. One of the nicest people you will ever meet anywhere. one of those beasts that is such a nice guy. The Cody match was a bit disappointing. Nothing really memorable but I loved the attire of Cody. Darby/Sting was cool and some nonchalant seeing Stinger fly again. Darby is a real joy to watch too. Archer/Miro was a good match between the Bulls of the company. Was hoping Archer would win but they really need to get him in as a tag again. Hopefully they can get Harry Smith in and reunite the Killer Elite Squad. 

Triple threat dosed in and out of so I'll have to rewatch but no surprise Kenny won and how. Can't remember the last time I heard an F You chant at a PPV or match. Last time happened in WWE was opening of RAW the night after Mania where Roman beat Undertaker. Stadium Stampede was in and out of too but Sammy and Spears were made to look like stars tonight. Heck of a performance by both. Loved Konanan Showing up and hope it's not a one off and aligns with Inner Circle. I'm beginning to really like Jake Hager too again. 

Overall solid PPV where I didn't feel my money was wasted. 

Apparently, Triple H was trending on Twitter last night as many were calling Cody the new Triple H.  :lmao:

Also, the jacket/outfit Cody was wearing?  It turns out the character that wears that is the Ugly American stereotype.  Perhaps Cody should start coming to the ring with a shovel.

• Thinking 1

Cody's match was the weakest on the show... no surprise there. My wife and I couldn't believe they were running a patriotism angle for that match when he cut the promo a couple weeks back.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, hagmania said:

Cody's match was the weakest on the show... no surprise there. My wife and I couldn't believe they were running a patriotism angle for that match when he cut the promo a couple weeks back.

I gave a groan when I watched that. Like I said it's the oldest trick to get cheap heat back in the day (One of the biggest reasons I always said Hogan got massive success other then his physical appearance and charisma) was to do a Patriotic gimmick/storyline. It sold. Today people don't really care for it. Most just want to see guys they can relate too (AKA Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston) in character or watch a good wrestling match. I wasn't surprised by it given when the PPV date was a holiday weekend but it's an old and tried gimmick/storyline that doesn't sell as well anymore. People got tired of the WE THE PEOPLE GIMMICK With Jack Hager after awhile despite how popular it was it was a to mock the Tea Party Republicans. 

Save the patriotic gimmick BS for that other company. AEW can do better

It is being reported the following wrestlers have been released by WWE:

Braun Strowman

Aleister Black

Ruby Riott

Lana

Santana Garrett

Buddy Murphy