Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***


Recommended Posts

I’m not sure how I feel about Naitch doing Car Shield commercials. While I always love seeing him on my TV, I can’t help but feel a bit sad that he has to do commercials at his age. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Granted this is still pre-Thuganomics Cena, but early Cena >>> SuperCena.

I got so disenchanted by the last 15 years of SuperCena sometimes I forget I absolutely love his first 4-5 years in the company.

Kind of like post-neck Austin, the wrestling is crappy more brawly, but he just had that intangible to pull the viewer in despite the subpar in ring product.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2021 at 3:03 PM, Tom Servo said:

Apparently Sasha Banks has Twitter heat because she’s an anti-vaxxer. It’s the Branch Covidians giving her all the grief. 

I don’t really care; let the woman believe what she wants. 

It's not a good look for her especially after 2 years ago she threw a temper tantrum in front of her colleagues because she didn't get her way and then came back months later and got everything she wanted. Just a terrible look for her 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Oof. I didn't hear about this. Pretty damning if you ask me. My favorite part from the article is:

"It was also reported by The Observer today that there was a negative reaction to Mobley’s comments, and that Mobley is not the only WWE writer in this situation, as this is typical of many of the writers. WWE officials were reportedly embarrassed by this going public due to the feeling that it makes the company look “blindingly stupid” to the outside world."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: YOU DON'T SAY?!

You mean they didn't know already we think they are blindly this stupid? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

CM Punk's pipe bomb is truer today more than ever.

I do have to laugh at the E because they hired a comedy writer who knew nothing about the business then fired her after she makes comments on a podcast openly wondering who the champion is. You actively sought people who don't know the business, and then get mad when they (inadvertently) expose the business and make you look like an idiot.  :lmao: 

Maybe hire people who know, love, and - most importantly - respect the business.

I've said for a few yrs now that each year that passes Punk's Pipe bomb is more true. He knew what was up and it was omen for what was to come. Fun fact is a lot of what he said was his real opinion. Vince knew he was Pissed so he's like ok we'll let you go out and blow off some steam and lets see where we're at after this. But WWE cut him off when he was getting to the good stuff about The Anti bullying campaign and all. I heard he was gonna out Susan G too if they had let him keep going. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I've said for a few yrs now that each year that passes Punk's Pipe bomb is more true. He knew what was up and it was omen for what was to come. Fun fact is a lot of what he said was his real opinion. Vince knew he was Pissed so he's like ok we'll let you go out and blow off some steam and lets see where we're at after this. But WWE cut him off when he was getting to the good stuff about The Anti bullying campaign and all. I heard he was gonna out Susan G too if they had let him keep going. 

Could you expand on these?  I'm unfamiliar with either story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShamrockPride said:

Granted this is still pre-Thuganomics Cena, but early Cena >>> SuperCena.

I got so disenchanted by the last 15 years of SuperCena sometimes I forget I absolutely love his first 4-5 years in the company.

Kind of like post-neck Austin, the wrestling is crappy more brawly, but he just had that intangible to pull the viewer in despite the subpar in ring product.

Late in the Thugonomics gimmick was when people turned on him knowing he was gonna become a face. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, facook said:

Could you expand on these?  I'm unfamiliar with either story.

Basically Susan G is a Scam Breast cancer campaign that says it raises money for Breast cancer awareness but pockets mis of it.  They also file legal trademark opps against smaller Cancer charities and has become a bully. They don't donate as much as they could/should either. Most goes to advertising cost and administrative costs. in 2012 Susan G. Komen pulled all its grants for breast cancer screenings to Planned Parenthood. They quickly reversed the decision after public outcry. Basically Susan G is the image company for Breast cancer you go to when you and your family make over 6 Figures yearly. It's the ritzy charity that makes you look good but underneath many of the people are just total fakes. My mom also works in the cancer world and knows many Drs who have their own issues with the Org but I was never given details on it. 

As for the Anti Bullying Example A JBL bullying Mauro Ranaulo and Vince seeing nothing wrong with it. Triple H there are numerious stories of him bullying talent he doesn't like. HBK and Hunter both bullied CM Punk when he first got there. There's also bullying at the production level and other levels of WWE my Former Co worker who worked part time for them told me about. They are the biggest hypocrites when it comes to anti bullying. Numerous wrestlers bullying other talent and employees over the years as well. And then you got Vince knowing about Pat Patterson and ring boys.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Money In The Bank is literally in my backyard this year. Feels like something I should try and go see live, take the kids. If no other reason than to see Edge one last time live.

Then I look at ticket prices. $100 per ticket for the cheapest, most nosebleed seat. Granted, Dickies Arena is a great venue without a bad seat, but just not going to drop that kinda coin.$500 a ticket to sit where I would like to sit. I don't love my kids that much.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Bogart said:

Money In The Bank is literally in my backyard this year. Feels like something I should try and go see live, take the kids. If no other reason than to see Edge one last time live.

Then I look at ticket prices. $100 per ticket for the cheapest, most nosebleed seat. Granted, Dickies Arena is a great venue without a bad seat, but just not going to drop that kinda coin.$500 a ticket to sit where I would like to sit. I don't love my kids that much.

Yeah last WWE event was the SD after Royal Rumble Philly I went to. $40 for tickets stage right side on the ramp. Good view but it was the hard camera side so any promo in the ring was looking behind us. Not that looking as Charlotte Flair's Oh Hum ASSets wasn't a bad thing though. 

But yeah would I've spent that much if my buddy wasn't interested? No? I sat next to some decent wrestling fans but they were mostly WWE/ROH guys and I got excited maybe they'd talk some NJPW and half the guys didn't know what I was talking about. Went to the last NJPW tour and had a blast for Half the price in better overall seats and got to meat a ton of talent. This was around Lance Archer's last tour before going to AEW

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Came into the thread to say that I recently purchased two DVDs so that I could own my two favorite matches of all-time:

Wrestlemania III - Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat
Best of Hell in a Cell - Mankind vs. Undertaker

I haven't watched wrestling in a long time, it just feels "fake" these days LOL.  But I'm completely hooked on Dark Side of the Ring.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, zed2283 said:

Came into the thread to say that I recently purchased two DVDs so that I could own my two favorite matches of all-time:

Wrestlemania III - Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat
Best of Hell in a Cell - Mankind vs. Undertaker

I haven't watched wrestling in a long time, it just feels "fake" these days LOL.  But I'm completely hooked on Dark Side of the Ring.

The product is like 90% different than how it was 20-30 years ago.....almost unrecognizable. Don't rile us all up and get us started on this lol.

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

The product is like 90% different than how it was 20-30 years ago.....almost unrecognizable. Don't rile us all up and get us started on this lol.

Sorry! 🤐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wrestling Twitter blowing up over Jungle Boy showing that he is in a relationship with Anna Jay. Like any keyboard warrior is going to win her heart over Luke Perry's kid. Come on now!!

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Keith R said:

Just got an email - Peacock TV is (finally) available on Amazon via Fire Stick!

Love to say I'm surprised with the (0(k about this. Only use firesticks and still had no clue about it

But not surprised after they went into this w/o the full library and editing some of the best promos/skits in wrestling history.

They were pretty much giving the (0(k away for free at Mania time (believe 4 months for $5/total) and still didn't think it was worth it. Today's product is just unwatchable.

Dark side of Ring is the only thing wrestling-related that is must watch IMO. I've watched some episodes several times. Well done :thumbup:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bogart said:

Wrestling Twitter blowing up over Jungle Boy showing that he is in a relationship with Anna Jay. Like any keyboard warrior is going to win her heart over Luke Perry's kid. Come on now!!

Just your typical jealous IWC neckbeard simps.

The same ones who think they have a chance with Alexa cause they swarm any non-glowing tweet about her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Love to say I'm surprised with the (0(k about this. Only use firesticks and still had no clue about it

But not surprised after they went into this w/o the full library and editing some of the best promos/skits in wrestling history.

They were pretty much giving the (0(k away for free at Mania time (believe 4 months for $5/total) and still didn't think it was worth it. Today's product is just unwatchable.

Dark side of Ring is the only thing wrestling-related that is must watch IMO. I've watched some episodes several times. Well done :thumbup:

I'm going through it and already see none of the Saturday Night Main Events are on it.  I had been watching the old SNMEs in order - got as far as May 1988 (Savage defending his new WWF Title vs One Man Gang) when the switchover happened

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Keith R said:

I'm going through it and already see none of the Saturday Night Main Events are on it.  I had been watching the old SNMEs in order - got as far as May 1988 (Savage defending his new WWF Title vs One Man Gang) when the switchover happened

Can you tell me, do they still show chairshots to the head, or have they somehow edited those?

It's one of those things, you see clips on places like FB, and when the chairshot happens, the frame will freeze for a second or two as it happens. Doing the "we care about head trauma all these years later" things.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Just your typical jealous IWC neckbeard simps.

The same ones who think they have a chance with Alexa cause they swarm any non-glowing tweet about her.

It's sad when half the guys are old enough to be their uncle or their father. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Just your typical jealous IWC neckbeard simps.

The same ones who think they have a chance with Alexa cause they swarm any non-glowing tweet about her.

Speaking of Bliss, sweet freaking Christ, end her stupid gimmick already. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Bogart said:

Wrestling Twitter blowing up over Jungle Boy showing that he is in a relationship with Anna Jay. Like any keyboard warrior is going to win her heart over Luke Perry's kid. Come on now!!

I don't know who's luckier; Jungle Boy for dating Anna Jay or -1 for being able to hold hands with and walk to the ring with Tay Conti.  

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Just your typical jealous IWC neckbeard simps.

The same ones who think they have a chance with Alexa cause they swarm any non-glowing tweet about her.

You should check out Maki Itoh's twitter and IG feeds.  She drops the f-bomb and calls guys simps.  It's glorious.  :lmao: 

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

Becky and Seth are now married. Congratulations to those crazy kids. 

They were legally married already. Just never had the ceremony yet. Still can't believe she's with him. She's literally the total opposite of him. They are also both totally different when it comes to fans too. I remember a HIAC PPV awhile back Seth and one other refused to at acknowledge a young WWE and his dad. Alexa Bliss and Braun Strauman took the time to sign autographs for the kid and pictures. Then you have a bunch of people who lost a ton of respect for him after going after Osprey the way he did and he had a little sit down with Taker and Hunter about etiquette amongst other talent. That was around the time WWE started making rules about WWE talent can't be responding publicly on social media to wrestlers in other companies. They lifted that rule for a short time when Brodie Lee died though. Just know a few people who knew Seth growing up and said he's really changed for the worse. He's great when he's back home in Iowa but is a complete jack #### elsewhere 

Meanwhile you got Becky who loves the fans, takes well to constructive criticism and really respects people. She doesn't care if you don't like her or not. Seems to get along with everyone backstage (never once have I heard from anyone talking poorly on her in WWE or in general). SHe's got a really cool personality, her happiness seems to be contagious whoever she's around and just overall a lot of people are happy for her. Hey if she's happy good for her. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rene was on Oral Sessions with The Iconic and her and Peyton talked about WWE dealing with spouses in AEW. When Moxley had the infection last year Renee said Hunter reached out to her saying if anything was needed in terms of pay for medical or anything WWE was there for her. There was some other examples but the point was WWE showed they cared despite other issues involving them and the talent involved and were willing to step up and help. I'll talk #### on WWE constantly but one thing they've gotten right lately is helping former talent if needing the help even if there is heat. 

WWE has seemed to take a different approach on this then they had years ago and its for the better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2021 at 2:40 AM, DJackson10 said:

Rene was on Oral Sessions with The Iconic and her and Peyton talked about WWE dealing with spouses in AEW. When Moxley had the infection last year Renee said Hunter reached out to her saying if anything was needed in terms of pay for medical or anything WWE was there for her. There was some other examples but the point was WWE showed they cared despite other issues involving them and the talent involved and were willing to step up and help. I'll talk #### on WWE constantly but one thing they've gotten right lately is helping former talent if needing the help even if there is heat. 

WWE has seemed to take a different approach on this then they had years ago and its for the better. 

VKM personally paid for Harley Race’s flight from the hospital to his home so he could be with family before he passed. 
 

Vince is a lot of things, but being heartless in things that matter is not one of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On this day in 1982, WWF champion Bob Backlund wrestled NWA champion Ric Flair in a title for title match. It ended up as a double count out. 
 

Flair later described the match as “a long night at the office”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NOOOOOO!!! Terry Funk in assisted living facility.

“I heard that Terry Funk is in a home and disabled for dementia. Yeah. I spoke with Scott Casey over the weekend. I guess he’s all the way down in Amarillo, Texas. So I don’t know. I know his wife passed away two or three years ago. I don’t know who he’s with or what’s going on.”

:sadbanana:

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/4/2021 at 1:44 PM, Tom Servo said:

VKM personally paid for Harley Race’s flight from the hospital to his home so he could be with family before he passed. 
 

Vince is a lot of things, but being heartless in things that matter is not one of them. 

I think Vince did a lot of good things in private, and didn't mind the public persona of being an @$$hole. It was good for business and the boys that he did help were as loyal as they come.

That said, I think HHH/Steph have probably bought more into the current corporate culture and are doing beneficial things more often and getting more credit as a company for them as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Bogart said:

I think Vince did a lot of good things in private, and didn't mind the public persona of being an @$$hole. It was good for business and the boys that he did help were as loyal as they come.

That said, I think HHH/Steph have probably bought more into the current corporate culture and are doing beneficial things more often and getting more credit as a company for them as well.

Stephanie has said something along the lines of philanthropy being the new way to get your brand over.  It annoyed a lot IIRC because it seemed more self-serving that truly helpful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chris Youngblood passes away at age 55.

He was the younger brother of Jay Youngblood and Mark Youngblood. Chris formed a team with his brother Mark Youngblood and they made many different stops around the territories.

In 1987, they started wrestling for All Japan Pro Wrestling where they competed in the Real World Tag League. The two left that company, but later returned to work frequently from 1992 to 1996.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

No Tommy End is ALL ELITE post. 😢

I missed the last few weeks but Tommy End is in AEW because WWE messed up and forgot to make his NXT contract that when they are released its a 30 day No compete to a Main roster which is a 90 day no Compete. So Because of WWE blunder AEW got him early. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

By the way, did you catch Jim Ross last week at the end of AEW say there's nothing better than WWE dynamite?  Small blunder there.  

Not a big deal. WWE lives rent free in AEW talent's heads anyway :lol: 

But can you really fault 69 year old JR here? Look left, look right.... it's WWE castoffs everywhere. :lol: 

Nice of Tony to pay a lot of those guy's pensions :lmao: 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Not a big deal. WWE lives rent free in AEW talent's heads anyway :lol: 

But can you really fault 69 year old JR here? Look left, look right.... it's WWE castoffs everywhere. :lol: 

Nice of Tony to pay a lot of those guy's pensions :lmao: 

Plus that dude, for 20 years in such a key position both on tv and backstage, dude ate breathed dreamed s### WWE. There's not a day that will go by for the rest of his life that he doesn't have at least one thought or memory of his time there.

That one thought that day just happened to slip out on his sign off that episode lol.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...