What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (10 Viewers)

I am also 46.  Wha' happened!?
What Tom said.

The best part is that he has been gone for 18 months, and it hit all the marks of his entrance like he didn't miss a day. Guy is 44 years old and runs to the ring, slides in, pops up and stares down Reigns. Again, silly, but I popped big time in my seat.

Reigns vs Cena, Edge vs Rollins, Lashey vs Brock, Becky vs Bianca at Summerslam. Yeah, sign me up.

Reigns vs Cena, Edge vs Rollins, Lashey vs Brock, Becky vs Bianca at Summerslam. Yeah, sign me up.
Lashley is reportedly scheduled to face BILL at Summerslam. Got to imagine Brock is coming soon though with Lashley's squash of Kofi (and presumably of BILL too)

Unless BILL is facing Riddle, no shot I watch any match he's involved in. And mostly then, it's just from comedy purposes with 50-something Bill's #### talking.

What Tom said.

The best part is that he has been gone for 18 months, and it hit all the marks of his entrance like he didn't miss a day. Guy is 44 years old and runs to the ring, slides in, pops up and stares down Reigns. Again, silly, but I popped big time in my seat.

Just saw the clip on twitter.  Reigns look of "WTF?" when the music hit is what did it for me.

One of my favorite Austin Storylines. Dam Shame the whole Invasion could've been way better. I can't fault WWE on guys missing who wanted to stay home and collect and Triple H and others untimely injuries. Thankfully you had Booker, Taker,Kane, Jericho, RVD,Austin and Angle at the time. Imagine if WWE tried doing this today and the the injuries they had leading up to Mania like 2 yrs ago? They'd be screwed 

Bogart said:
What Tom said.

Not excited for any of these honestly. Reigns vs Rock now that's money, Rollins is just boring to me, No one cares about Lashley and we all know Brock will just win the title, Becky better win the title back though if this happens. Honestly can't stand Bianca at all. Her character is just a stereotype of AA girls her age. I'm amazed how long WWE has gotten away with that. WWE almost got away with the New Days initial gimmick that was a sterotype on the black community churches

Give me Seth vs Finn again. 

Not much WWE has talent wise that gets me excited. I've ranted on Roman for yrs but that was more his character and WWE. I like it now, just a shame WWE doesn't have much to excite me with. We all know Cena is probably winning as Vince wants Cena to break Flair's time record. 

I haven't watched WWE in months outside of Mania. WWE got rid of most of their great talent left as it got released. 

What exactly does Rollins and Edge fight for? Zero reason these two need to fight unless you are gonna play off Seth's corporation angle and Edge wanting revenge

Lashley vs Brock? Big guys fighting doesn't sell anymore unless it's produced well and teased for long like Hager/Wardlow has. 

I have no clue who the IC holder is and that's just pathetic how little that title means now

Who is even the US title holder? 

Only thing I would do these days is go find clips of the segments I was interested in. I'm more excited for GCW Homecoming Gage vs Cardona then anything WWE puts out. That's just sad when you compare my interest in WWE awhile ago. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know who this person was, but there’s this guy out there saying there will a big debut tonight on Raw. This person:

1. Has never wrestled for E; &

2. Is from Texas

🤔

Karrion Kross debuts on Raw!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without Scarlett.

And jobs to Jeff Hardy in minutes. :lmao:  

Mcmahon gonna Mcmahon.

What point is developmental if only to cut all their balls off the moment they're called up?

Call this Captain Obvious moment of the week right now from Sean Ross Sapp"

He reported that Vince McMahon doesn't care or give a dam about NXT. Yeah I reported that like 3 yrs ago. Nothing earth shattering. 

Without Scarlett.

Mcmahon gonna Mcmahon.

What point is developmental if only to cut all their balls off the moment they're called up?
That was an odd segment. Thought to myself, now why would they do that? 

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Lashley is reportedly scheduled to face BILL at Summerslam. Got to imagine Brock is coming soon though with Lashley's squash of Kofi (and presumably of BILL too)

Unless BILL is facing Riddle, no shot I watch any match he's involved in. And mostly then, it's just from comedy purposes with 50-something Bill's #### talking.
If they wanted, WWE could make a lot of money with Riddle vs. Bill. Lean into the social media back and forth and then just have Riddle crush the old man. Takes Riddle and makes him a main event guy.

If they wanted, WWE could make a lot of money with Riddle vs. Bill. Lean into the social media back and forth and then just have Riddle crush the old man. Takes Riddle and makes him a main event guy.
Why do that? They've got pop culture references and jokes from 2002 to work in for this week's Smackdown.

Without Scarlett.

Mcmahon gonna Mcmahon.

Even from a believability standpoint you don't do this to KK.  If you have casuals watching RAW, they're probably not watching NXT.  They could've given him his entrance with Scarlett doing her sexy lip syncing thing and pull people in as that would make people sit up and pay attention.  If you absolutely insist that he lose, have him lose to someone like KO or some one big guy and not some vanilla flippy dork like Jeff Hardy.  🤮

Because Goldberg might legit Kill Riddle. Their heat with each other is that bad. Riddle is a **** talker backstage and it's gotten him some heat with some of the vets over the last few yrs. Some have found it pretty disrespectful how he acts. It's a different age of wrestling now but had Riddle been in WWF era he'd have gone to Kangaroo court with the BSK and probably severely punished or just had to quit wrestling. 

The dude can't keep his mouth shut and one of these days he's gonna say something to someone where they just shut him up and break his jaw for him 

Even from a believability standpoint you don't do this to KK.  If you have casuals watching RAW, they're probably not watching NXT.  They could've given him his entrance with Scarlett doing her sexy lip syncing thing and pull people in as that would make people sit up and pay attention.  If you absolutely insist that he lose, have him lose to someone like KO or some one big guy and not some vanilla flippy dork like Jeff Hardy.  🤮
KK isn't even that good he's a Mid card talent at best that Hunter and NXT is trying to make look more important. I was never a big fan of the guy but his gimmick in TNA was fine as just some dark mystery ### kicker doing the bidding of some dark power. Similar character stuff to Tommy End when first in WWE. Good for Jeff Hardy getting that win and Vince doing Hardy a favor there but really Jeff should be in AEW with Matt at this point. 

CM Punk in talks to return to wrestling, most likely landing in AEW.

At 42, Punk is still younger than WWE Champ Lashley, AJ, Jeff Hardy, and Cena.

As broken by YA BOY SRS with Fightful Select!

And you're probably right with AEW.....with Dave being completely mum on the matter 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'll be honest, I'm not sure if I pay him what he's going to ask for. The roster is already getting bloated and they need to concentrate on the younger talent if they want to grow the brand. 

I'll be honest, I'm not sure if I pay him what he's going to ask for. The roster is already getting bloated and they need to concentrate on the younger talent if they want to grow the brand. 
So why does the wrestling suck so bad?

WWE stories are terrible.  AEW is unwatchable. There is maybe 20 minutes per month that is worth watching highlights on twitter.  Gross.  I'd lean AEW except what I have seen is spots-n-botches.  The industry SUCKS these days.

Took Cena coming back (REALLY the crowd and Reigns' response) to get me psyched.  44 year old dude...Industry sucks.

WWE stories are terrible.  AEW is unwatchable. There is maybe 20 minutes per month that is worth watching highlights on twitter.  Gross.  I'd lean AEW except what I have seen is spots-n-botches.  The industry SUCKS these days.

Took Cena coming back (REALLY the crowd and Reigns' response) to get me psyched.  44 year old dude...Industry sucks.
Agree with everything you said.

AEW has some decent talent. But its surrounded by hours and hours and hours of gymnastic choreographed spot fests full of blown fake as #### looking spots. 

Young Bucks will forever be to me the worst thing that's EVER happened to pro wrestling. They aren't alone these days with cos play wrestler phony garbage but they've been at it the longest. 

Agree with everything you said.

AEW has some decent talent. But its surrounded by hours and hours and hours of gymnastic choreographed spot fests full of blown fake as #### looking spots. 

Young Bucks will forever be to me the worst thing that's EVER happened to pro wrestling. They aren't alone these days with cos play wrestler phony garbage but they've been at it the longest. 

Edited 1 hour ago by Craig_MiamiFL
If Punk comes back, I'll see it in this thread or on twitter and I'll mark out for a few minutes, like I did for Cena the other night.  And then I'll go back to waiting for the next highlight.

So happy for Nick Gage to get on National TV finally in the mainstream. I see a lot of people with misinformation about this though saying he got fame from the VICE doc which is completely wrong. 

First Nick Gage has numerious friends in AEW from Mox, Kingston, Bryce Remsberg use to ref his matches in CZW, he was good friends with Brodie Lee and Joey Janela works for GCW where Gage is now. AEW has been interested in bringing in Nick for awhile now. They wanted to wait till fans came back and when they heard there was gonna be a Doc it made it even better. Nick actually texted my coworker who introduced me to Nick yrs ago a few days back about this so I kind of knew Gage coming in. He just didn't specify what he was gonna be doing. My Buddy and I thought he'd interfere in the Mox/Archer match as that made a lot of sense. 

Ah our annual CM Punk is in talks to return has finally popped up I see. Ill believe it when I see it. Fightful must be hurting for some new subs 

Looks like AEW got Bryan Danielson.
Makes sense. He apparently will work less dates for similar pay and possible we see him in NJPW again. This goes along with what Bryan told someone at RR axxess last Jan about hoping to wrestling in other companies like NJPW and working less dates for similar pay. He put a few current WWE people over and said he hoped it was with WWE and they gave him an innovative contract that would open more opportunities. 

This comment and the report a few months ago about WWE talking with NJPW go hand in hand as well from what I was told. Nick Khan was talking to NJPW but those talks never materialized to much. 

It looks like Danielson will be debuting at the NYC shows though in Sept. 

WWE released new Braun merch in the last few days. This only signals that Braun is coming back on possible a lower contract. 

Good lord. Nick Gage?!   :lmao: . It is so clear TK either doesn't believe himself, or has been convinced by Mox and others that they can't compete with WWE heads up on a wrestling level. So here we go to the mud show bull####

Makes sense. He apparently will work less dates for similar pay and possible we see him in NJPW again. This goes along with what Bryan told someone at RR axxess last Jan about hoping to wrestling in other companies like NJPW and working less dates for similar pay. He put a few current WWE people over and said he hoped it was with WWE and they gave him an innovative contract that would open more opportunities. 

This comment and the report a few months ago about WWE talking with NJPW go hand in hand as well from what I was told. Nick Khan was talking to NJPW but those talks never materialized to much. 

It looks like Danielson will be debuting at the NYC shows though in Sept. 
Meltzer basically confirms this saying one of the big reasons Danielson picked AEW was a chance to go work NJPW again as it's something he really wanted to do again. 

Good lord. Nick Gage?!   :lmao: . It is so clear TK either doesn't believe himself, or has been convinced by Mox and others that they can't compete with WWE heads up on a wrestling level. So here we go to the mud show bull####
Is it bad that I mentally read that "Good lord", without hesitation, in Corny's voice? I listen to the dude just about every day, I heard it perfectly.

Punk tweeted out some cryptic stuff, and All Out is just outside  Chicago.
He trolls this stuff constantly. he loves it. He played the CHI Bulls Intro. Like I said I'll believe it when I see it and I'm not getting hopes up. 

Select made another report yesterday that was already known about ROH talking to Punk Last Jan 2020 about coming in 

I'm so behind on NJPW what should I watch and what should I skip? I'm still at where Osprey wins the title and haven't watched that yet. 

AEW I just haven't watched this past weeks dynamite. 

Haven't watched Slammiversary (didn't even know it was on) however Jay White showed up at the end. 
Tanahashi vs Jay White Wrestling Dontaku Night 1
Ospreay vs Shingo Wrestling Dontaku Night 2
All of Dominion

That ought to just about do it for you. I really liked El Desperado vs YOH at Dominion. I think the first match I listed MIGHT be the best of the bunch. Tanahashi is an absolute master of the craft and Jay White has chemistry with everyone, it's nuts.

hagmania said:
Tanahashi vs Jay White Wrestling Dontaku Night 1
Ospreay vs Shingo Wrestling Dontaku Night 2
All of Dominion

That ought to just about do it for you. I really liked El Desperado vs YOH at Dominion. I think the first match I listed MIGHT be the best of the bunch. Tanahashi is an absolute master of the craft and Jay White has chemistry with everyone, it's nuts.
Any NJPW Bullet Club stuff I need to watch though other then Jay White? I don't really want to miss anything? So I should just skipped all the Road too...... stuff then up till now? 

Tom Servo said:
Can someone explain to me what Rhea Ripley's gimmick is exactly?  She looks like a butch dominatrix.
No idea anymore. She is suppose to be a heavy metal head gimmick but Main roster doesn't help it 

Any NJPW Bullet Club stuff I need to watch though other then Jay White? I don't really want to miss anything? So I should just skipped all the Road too...... stuff then up till now? 
No, you might catch the backstage from Jay White after Dontaku Night 1. He calls himself the real belt collector, etc

No, you might catch the backstage from Jay White after Dontaku Night 1. He calls himself the real belt collector, etc
I literally just saw his promo from Impact last night on Impact IG account (They literally give some of these whole promos away and don't even need to watch the show) and he mentions that to Kenny. 

Users who are viewing this thread