Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, facook said:

I am also 46.  Wha' happened!?

What Tom said.

The best part is that he has been gone for 18 months, and it hit all the marks of his entrance like he didn't miss a day. Guy is 44 years old and runs to the ring, slides in, pops up and stares down Reigns. Again, silly, but I popped big time in my seat.

Reigns vs Cena, Edge vs Rollins, Lashey vs Brock, Becky vs Bianca at Summerslam. Yeah, sign me up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bogart said:

Reigns vs Cena, Edge vs Rollins, Lashey vs Brock, Becky vs Bianca at Summerslam. Yeah, sign me up.

Lashley is reportedly scheduled to face BILL at Summerslam. Got to imagine Brock is coming soon though with Lashley's squash of Kofi (and presumably of BILL too)

Unless BILL is facing Riddle, no shot I watch any match he's involved in. And mostly then, it's just from comedy purposes with 50-something Bill's #### talking.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bogart said:

What Tom said.

The best part is that he has been gone for 18 months, and it hit all the marks of his entrance like he didn't miss a day. Guy is 44 years old and runs to the ring, slides in, pops up and stares down Reigns. Again, silly, but I popped big time in my seat.

Reigns vs Cena, Edge vs Rollins, Lashey vs Brock, Becky vs Bianca at Summerslam. Yeah, sign me up.

Just saw the clip on twitter.  Reigns look of "WTF?" when the music hit is what did it for me.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

One of my favorite Austin Storylines. Dam Shame the whole Invasion could've been way better. I can't fault WWE on guys missing who wanted to stay home and collect and Triple H and others untimely injuries. Thankfully you had Booker, Taker,Kane, Jericho, RVD,Austin and Angle at the time. Imagine if WWE tried doing this today and the the injuries they had leading up to Mania like 2 yrs ago? They'd be screwed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bogart said:

What Tom said.

The best part is that he has been gone for 18 months, and it hit all the marks of his entrance like he didn't miss a day. Guy is 44 years old and runs to the ring, slides in, pops up and stares down Reigns. Again, silly, but I popped big time in my seat.

Reigns vs Cena, Edge vs Rollins, Lashey vs Brock, Becky vs Bianca at Summerslam. Yeah, sign me up.

Not excited for any of these honestly. Reigns vs Rock now that's money, Rollins is just boring to me, No one cares about Lashley and we all know Brock will just win the title, Becky better win the title back though if this happens. Honestly can't stand Bianca at all. Her character is just a stereotype of AA girls her age. I'm amazed how long WWE has gotten away with that. WWE almost got away with the New Days initial gimmick that was a sterotype on the black community churches

Give me Seth vs Finn again. 

Not much WWE has talent wise that gets me excited. I've ranted on Roman for yrs but that was more his character and WWE. I like it now, just a shame WWE doesn't have much to excite me with. We all know Cena is probably winning as Vince wants Cena to break Flair's time record. 

I haven't watched WWE in months outside of Mania. WWE got rid of most of their great talent left as it got released. 

What exactly does Rollins and Edge fight for? Zero reason these two need to fight unless you are gonna play off Seth's corporation angle and Edge wanting revenge

Lashley vs Brock? Big guys fighting doesn't sell anymore unless it's produced well and teased for long like Hager/Wardlow has. 

I have no clue who the IC holder is and that's just pathetic how little that title means now

Who is even the US title holder? 

Only thing I would do these days is go find clips of the segments I was interested in. I'm more excited for GCW Homecoming Gage vs Cardona then anything WWE puts out. That's just sad when you compare my interest in WWE awhile ago. 

Edited by DJackson10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t know who this person was, but there’s this guy out there saying there will a big debut tonight on Raw. This person:

1. Has never wrestled for E; &

2. Is from Texas

🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Karrion Kross debuts on Raw!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without Scarlett.

And jobs to Jeff Hardy in minutes. :lmao: 

Mcmahon gonna Mcmahon.

What point is developmental if only to cut all their balls off the moment they're called up?

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Call this Captain Obvious moment of the week right now from Sean Ross Sapp"

He reported that Vince McMahon doesn't care or give a dam about NXT. Yeah I reported that like 3 yrs ago. Nothing earth shattering. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Karrion Kross debuts on Raw!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without Scarlett.

And jobs to Jeff Hardy in minutes. :lmao: 

Mcmahon gonna Mcmahon.

What point is developmental if only to cut all their balls off the moment they're called up?

That was an odd segment. Thought to myself, now why would they do that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Lashley is reportedly scheduled to face BILL at Summerslam. Got to imagine Brock is coming soon though with Lashley's squash of Kofi (and presumably of BILL too)

Unless BILL is facing Riddle, no shot I watch any match he's involved in. And mostly then, it's just from comedy purposes with 50-something Bill's #### talking.

 

If they wanted, WWE could make a lot of money with Riddle vs. Bill. Lean into the social media back and forth and then just have Riddle crush the old man. Takes Riddle and makes him a main event guy.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bogart said:

If they wanted, WWE could make a lot of money with Riddle vs. Bill. Lean into the social media back and forth and then just have Riddle crush the old man. Takes Riddle and makes him a main event guy.

Why do that? They've got pop culture references and jokes from 2002 to work in for this week's Smackdown.

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Karrion Kross debuts on Raw!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without Scarlett.

And jobs to Jeff Hardy in minutes. :lmao: 

Mcmahon gonna Mcmahon.

What point is developmental if only to cut all their balls off the moment they're called up?

Even from a believability standpoint you don't do this to KK.  If you have casuals watching RAW, they're probably not watching NXT.  They could've given him his entrance with Scarlett doing her sexy lip syncing thing and pull people in as that would make people sit up and pay attention.  If you absolutely insist that he lose, have him lose to someone like KO or some one big guy and not some vanilla flippy dork like Jeff Hardy.  🤮

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bogart said:

If they wanted, WWE could make a lot of money with Riddle vs. Bill. Lean into the social media back and forth and then just have Riddle crush the old man. Takes Riddle and makes him a main event guy.

Because Goldberg might legit Kill Riddle. Their heat with each other is that bad. Riddle is a **** talker backstage and it's gotten him some heat with some of the vets over the last few yrs. Some have found it pretty disrespectful how he acts. It's a different age of wrestling now but had Riddle been in WWF era he'd have gone to Kangaroo court with the BSK and probably severely punished or just had to quit wrestling. 

The dude can't keep his mouth shut and one of these days he's gonna say something to someone where they just shut him up and break his jaw for him 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Even from a believability standpoint you don't do this to KK.  If you have casuals watching RAW, they're probably not watching NXT.  They could've given him his entrance with Scarlett doing her sexy lip syncing thing and pull people in as that would make people sit up and pay attention.  If you absolutely insist that he lose, have him lose to someone like KO or some one big guy and not some vanilla flippy dork like Jeff Hardy.  🤮

KK isn't even that good he's a Mid card talent at best that Hunter and NXT is trying to make look more important. I was never a big fan of the guy but his gimmick in TNA was fine as just some dark mystery ### kicker doing the bidding of some dark power. Similar character stuff to Tommy End when first in WWE. Good for Jeff Hardy getting that win and Vince doing Hardy a favor there but really Jeff should be in AEW with Matt at this point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bogart said:

Tom Brady with the ultimate face turn today. And I'm here for it.

 

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1417514319978274819?s=20

Dam the comment section of this thread is great. My Favorite with Pic included 

"making jokes like he didn’t keep a MAGA hat in his locker. We remember Tom."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bogart said:

CM Punk in talks to return to wrestling, most likely landing in AEW.

 

At 42, Punk is still younger than WWE Champ Lashley, AJ, Jeff Hardy, and Cena.

As broken by YA BOY SRS with Fightful Select!

And you're probably right with AEW.....with Dave being completely mum on the matter 🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bogart said:

CM Punk in talks to return to wrestling, most likely landing in AEW.

 

At 42, Punk is still younger than WWE Champ Lashley, AJ, Jeff Hardy, and Cena.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure if I pay him what he's going to ask for. The roster is already getting bloated and they need to concentrate on the younger talent if they want to grow the brand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Deranged Hermit said:

I'll be honest, I'm not sure if I pay him what he's going to ask for. The roster is already getting bloated and they need to concentrate on the younger talent if they want to grow the brand. 

So why does the wrestling suck so bad?

WWE stories are terrible.  AEW is unwatchable. There is maybe 20 minutes per month that is worth watching highlights on twitter.  Gross.  I'd lean AEW except what I have seen is spots-n-botches.  The industry SUCKS these days.

Took Cena coming back (REALLY the crowd and Reigns' response) to get me psyched.  44 year old dude...Industry sucks.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, facook said:

So why does the wrestling suck so bad?

WWE stories are terrible.  AEW is unwatchable. There is maybe 20 minutes per month that is worth watching highlights on twitter.  Gross.  I'd lean AEW except what I have seen is spots-n-botches.  The industry SUCKS these days.

Took Cena coming back (REALLY the crowd and Reigns' response) to get me psyched.  44 year old dude...Industry sucks.

Agree with everything you said.

AEW has some decent talent. But its surrounded by hours and hours and hours of gymnastic choreographed spot fests full of blown fake as #### looking spots. 

Young Bucks will forever be to me the worst thing that's EVER happened to pro wrestling. They aren't alone these days with cos play wrestler phony garbage but they've been at it the longest. 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:
1 hour ago, facook said:

So why does the wrestling suck so bad?

WWE stories are terrible.  AEW is unwatchable. There is maybe 20 minutes per month that is worth watching highlights on twitter.  Gross.  I'd lean AEW except what I have seen is spots-n-botches.  The industry SUCKS these days.

Took Cena coming back (REALLY the crowd and Reigns' response) to get me psyched.  44 year old dude...Industry sucks.

Agree with everything you said.

AEW has some decent talent. But its surrounded by hours and hours and hours of gymnastic choreographed spot fests full of blown fake as #### looking spots. 

Young Bucks will forever be to me the worst thing that's EVER happened to pro wrestling. They aren't alone these days with cos play wrestler phony garbage but they've been at it the longest. 

Edited 1 hour ago by Craig_MiamiFL

If Punk comes back, I'll see it in this thread or on twitter and I'll mark out for a few minutes, like I did for Cena the other night.  And then I'll go back to waiting for the next highlight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So happy for Nick Gage to get on National TV finally in the mainstream. I see a lot of people with misinformation about this though saying he got fame from the VICE doc which is completely wrong. 

First Nick Gage has numerious friends in AEW from Mox, Kingston, Bryce Remsberg use to ref his matches in CZW, he was good friends with Brodie Lee and Joey Janela works for GCW where Gage is now. AEW has been interested in bringing in Nick for awhile now. They wanted to wait till fans came back and when they heard there was gonna be a Doc it made it even better. Nick actually texted my coworker who introduced me to Nick yrs ago a few days back about this so I kind of knew Gage coming in. He just didn't specify what he was gonna be doing. My Buddy and I thought he'd interfere in the Mox/Archer match as that made a lot of sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, millertyme1 said:

As broken by YA BOY SRS with Fightful Select!

And you're probably right with AEW.....with Dave being completely mum on the matter 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Who's apparently allowed to bully people on twitter without any repercussions 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bogart said:

CM Punk in talks to return to wrestling, most likely landing in AEW.

 

At 42, Punk is still younger than WWE Champ Lashley, AJ, Jeff Hardy, and Cena.

Ah our annual CM Punk is in talks to return has finally popped up I see. Ill believe it when I see it. Fightful must be hurting for some new subs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Deranged Hermit said:

Looks like AEW got Bryan Danielson.

Makes sense. He apparently will work less dates for similar pay and possible we see him in NJPW again. This goes along with what Bryan told someone at RR axxess last Jan about hoping to wrestling in other companies like NJPW and working less dates for similar pay. He put a few current WWE people over and said he hoped it was with WWE and they gave him an innovative contract that would open more opportunities. 

This comment and the report a few months ago about WWE talking with NJPW go hand in hand as well from what I was told. Nick Khan was talking to NJPW but those talks never materialized to much. 

It looks like Danielson will be debuting at the NYC shows though in Sept. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WWE released new Braun merch in the last few days. This only signals that Braun is coming back on possible a lower contract. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good lord. Nick Gage?!  :lmao:. It is so clear TK either doesn't believe himself, or has been convinced by Mox and others that they can't compete with WWE heads up on a wrestling level. So here we go to the mud show bull####

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, coyote5 said:

Good lord. Nick Gage?!  :lmao:. It is so clear TK either doesn't believe himself, or has been convinced by Mox and others that they can't compete with WWE heads up on a wrestling level. So here we go to the mud show bull####

Jim Cornette - is that you? If so, I’d like an autographed 8 by 10. 

  • Laughing 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Makes sense. He apparently will work less dates for similar pay and possible we see him in NJPW again. This goes along with what Bryan told someone at RR axxess last Jan about hoping to wrestling in other companies like NJPW and working less dates for similar pay. He put a few current WWE people over and said he hoped it was with WWE and they gave him an innovative contract that would open more opportunities. 

This comment and the report a few months ago about WWE talking with NJPW go hand in hand as well from what I was told. Nick Khan was talking to NJPW but those talks never materialized to much. 

It looks like Danielson will be debuting at the NYC shows though in Sept. 

Meltzer basically confirms this saying one of the big reasons Danielson picked AEW was a chance to go work NJPW again as it's something he really wanted to do again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2021 at 12:15 AM, DJackson10 said:

Ah our annual CM Punk is in talks to return has finally popped up I see. Ill believe it when I see it. Fightful must be hurting for some new subs 

Punk tweeted out some cryptic stuff, and All Out is just outside  Chicago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2021 at 2:39 AM, coyote5 said:

Good lord. Nick Gage?!  :lmao:. It is so clear TK either doesn't believe himself, or has been convinced by Mox and others that they can't compete with WWE heads up on a wrestling level. So here we go to the mud show bull####

Is it bad that I mentally read that "Good lord", without hesitation, in Corny's voice? I listen to the dude just about every day, I heard it perfectly.

  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tony Jabroni said:

Punk tweeted out some cryptic stuff, and All Out is just outside  Chicago.

He trolls this stuff constantly. he loves it. He played the CHI Bulls Intro. Like I said I'll believe it when I see it and I'm not getting hopes up. 

Select made another report yesterday that was already known about ROH talking to Punk Last Jan 2020 about coming in 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Is it bad that I mentally read that "Good lord", without hesitation, in Corny's voice? I listen to the dude just about every day, I heard it perfectly.

I'm guilty of the same :lmao: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2021 at 9:59 PM, DJackson10 said:

I'm so behind on NJPW what should I watch and what should I skip? I'm still at where Osprey wins the title and haven't watched that yet. 

AEW I just haven't watched this past weeks dynamite. 

Haven't watched Slammiversary (didn't even know it was on) however Jay White showed up at the end. 

Tanahashi vs Jay White Wrestling Dontaku Night 1
Ospreay vs Shingo Wrestling Dontaku Night 2
All of Dominion

 

That ought to just about do it for you. I really liked El Desperado vs YOH at Dominion. I think the first match I listed MIGHT be the best of the bunch. Tanahashi is an absolute master of the craft and Jay White has chemistry with everyone, it's nuts.

Edited by hagmania
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, hagmania said:

Tanahashi vs Jay White Wrestling Dontaku Night 1
Ospreay vs Shingo Wrestling Dontaku Night 2
All of Dominion

 

That ought to just about do it for you. I really liked El Desperado vs YOH at Dominion. I think the first match I listed MIGHT be the best of the bunch. Tanahashi is an absolute master of the craft and Jay White has chemistry with everyone, it's nuts.

Any NJPW Bullet Club stuff I need to watch though other then Jay White? I don't really want to miss anything? So I should just skipped all the Road too...... stuff then up till now? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Can someone explain to me what Rhea Ripley's gimmick is exactly?  She looks like a butch dominatrix.

No idea anymore. She is suppose to be a heavy metal head gimmick but Main roster doesn't help it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

Any NJPW Bullet Club stuff I need to watch though other then Jay White? I don't really want to miss anything? So I should just skipped all the Road too...... stuff then up till now? 

No, you might catch the backstage from Jay White after Dontaku Night 1. He calls himself the real belt collector, etc

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, hagmania said:

No, you might catch the backstage from Jay White after Dontaku Night 1. He calls himself the real belt collector, etc

I literally just saw his promo from Impact last night on Impact IG account (They literally give some of these whole promos away and don't even need to watch the show) and he mentions that to Kenny. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...