What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (8 Viewers)

I submit that Ric Flair in 1989 had the best year of matches of any wrestler. I will die on this hill. 
I think had I been old enough to watch and follow along, it would be hard to argue.

Only person I could make such a claim about is Okada's fourth reign as IWGP heavyweight, but that was 13 defenses over 720 days. Flair worked relentlessly and executed at the peak nearly every time.

Gut feeling says Gage might be going to AEW. No special info on that or anything as of right now. Just the fact he lost the belt last night and how he reacted post match leads me to believe he may have signed with AEW. 

Tommy End wanted to debuted his gimmick in AEW in WWE but Triple H wanted him as a babyface 

Speaking on Twitch, Black explained that it was Triple H who wanted him to be a babyface, adding that what we see now, was also his vision for his WWE self.

“It’s funny. The reason I did this is because this is actually how I wanted the WWE version to be,” shared Black. “When I started, I wanted to come in as a heel and Hunter [Triple H] wanted me face. If anyone has ever seen any work of me on the independents, you would know that the gimmick I was portraying in the WWE was an amplified version of what I did on the indies. That’s why they wanted me. But I wanted to be a heel because I was coming off a heel run on the independents. But then Hunter had this idea of making me face, a stoic face character.

“So, I had to switch the character from being this obnoxious, sadistic, possessed by a demon guy, to the same possessed by a demon/devil guy, but then having remorse, and I have to find the middle ground with that. And I had to find the middle ground in that and how would someone who is [like] that [could] find remorse and show remorse by being stoic and having a problem expressing his emotions.”

Black later lifted the lid on the origin of his new ‘Malakai Black’ ring name. The former NXT Champion said that he found the name while looking through a Bible.

Reporter Cassidy Haynes joined to the jaBROnies podcast to discuss further:

They already had plans for [Bryan Danielson] to debut at Arthur on September 22nd, however that was a couple of weeks ago. Meltzer saying he’s known since May… nahh … they had discussed it internally in May when his contract ran up, but they didn’t start talks until about 2 or 3 weeks ago. So that stuff didn’t start happening until recently.”

“Then the Punk stuff happened after Bryan. So, they had plans in place for Bryan at Arthur Ashe, and then this Punk stuff happened and it’s kinda thrown a wrench into how they want to present everything. Now they’ve got to reformat everything because of that, you know? Because it’s ‘how do you capitalize off this buzz’ and what are they gonna do exactly is what they’re trying to figure out.”

“Daniel Bryan started talking to them 2 or 3 weeks ago, and he was supposed to do Arthur Ashe and as long as of 2 days ago that was the plan, but they can always change that around. They can always change up when he’s gonna debut, but it’s happening. It’s 100% that he’s guaranteed to be there [in AEW].

Someone teach Cardona to use a Light tube correctly. This is embarrassing!!!!

GCW Crowd chanting to Him "you got Fired!!!" 
There is no correct way to use a light tube except to light my kitchen.

I'm sorry, but that stuff has no place in wrestling.  For those who like it, I have no problem with you liking it.

There is no correct way to use a light tube except to light my kitchen.

I'm sorry, but that stuff has no place in wrestling.  For those who like it, I have no problem with you liking it.
They didn't use much and I'm ok with the light tubes. It's when it gets totally out of hand where they use stuff like one guy had a weed walker and other things like that. Awhile back CZW had a kiddie pool filled with lemon and salt Water which was interesting and added something more to the no rules match. There's definitely times where guys or promotions go way over board and you shake your head like that wasn't really needed 

Matt Cardona is the hottest thing in wrestling right now.

My favorite part of last night's match and was the announcer depressingly having to announce Cardona as new GCW champion 🤣🤣🤣

L Middle finger i 😁

Matt Cardona is the hottest thing in wrestling right now.

My favorite part of last night's match and was the announcer depressingly having to announce Cardona as new GCW champion 🤣🤣🤣

L Middle finger i 😁
Honestly I could never stand him. Seems like a nice guy but at times my buddy said he came off as a real D-bag and it doesn't help he has that sterotypical look either 

Sounds like AEW might be rushing in Punk and Danielson as they are afraid of another Pandemic shutdown and don't want them debuting without fans. Sounds like Punk will debut on Rampage and Danielson will debut at All Out 

Tony Kahn is a ####### mark with daddy's money. Promoter of the year?   :lmao: . I can't believe they put that garbage on a national promotion and that Jericho agreed to do it. Garbage. Mudshow. Bull####. Gage is nothing but a prop wrestler.  What can he do without sharp objects? Nothing.  Danielson and Punk agreed to come into this promotion?! Why??  Really, why?

I can't believe Jericho trusted him with a pile drver after Gage could barely, and I mean barely get him up for what maybe passed as something resembling a falcon arrow. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony Kahn is a ####### mark with daddy's money. Promoter of the year?   :lmao: . I can't believe they put that garbage on a national promotion and that Jericho agreed to do it. Garbage. Mudshow. Bull####. Gage is nothing but a prop wrestler.  What can he do without sharp objects? Nothing.  Danielson and Punk agreed to come into this promotion?! Why??  Really, why?
It could be that Jericho's retirement is being teased here as he goes through his 5 labors...each one through a different persona.

That said, Nick Cage is a garbage wrestler wrestling for a garbage outfit in CZW.  At least he didn't die last night :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread