What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Tom Servo said:
It could be that Jericho's retirement is being teased here as he goes through his 5 labors...each one through a different persona.

That said, Nick Cage is a garbage wrestler wrestling for a garbage outfit in CZW.  At least he didn't die last night :rolleyes:
Gage wrestles in a pretty good promotion of GCW. CZW died because all the good people of it went and created GCW. To me it seems more like the boomer crowd wasn't a fan of the match as much as the younger crowd was. 

coyote5 said:
Tony Kahn is a ####### mark with daddy's money. Promoter of the year?   :lmao: . I can't believe they put that garbage on a national promotion and that Jericho agreed to do it. Garbage. Mudshow. Bull####. Gage is nothing but a prop wrestler.  What can he do without sharp objects? Nothing.  Danielson and Punk agreed to come into this promotion?! Why??  Really, why?
You must've really hated ECW back in the day and the hardcore title matches as well. 

Funny because I was gonna post that it seemed the only people who didn't enjoy that match are the get off my lawn crowd. The people who complained in the 80s about the Rock N' Roll Express gonna kill wrasslin' for them and how the Hardy's and all these flippy guys would kill the good ole wrasslin' for them 

Fun fact: People said the same thing about Harley Race and Ric Flair and others back in the day too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny because I was gonna post that it seemed the only people who didn't enjoy that match are the get off my lawn crowd. The people who complained in the 80s about the Rock N' Roll Express gonna kill wrasslin' for them and how the Hardy's and all these flippy guys would kill the good ole wrasslin' for them 

Fun fact: People said the same thing about Harley Race and Ric Flair and others back in the day too. 
I see your point to an extent.  But pretty silly to use some of the best wrestlers in the history of the business as a comparison.  Let me know the next time Gage wrestles a 60 min broadway.  But noone's doing that these days, so that's as bad a comparison as putting Gage in a category with those guys.

Eh, I didn't watch it back then.  But I'm also older and more crotchety these days :lmao:   
I wasn't crazy about it either.

I don't think it comes off well at all outside bingo hall types but hey I'm not gonna hate on doing something new. Sure the #### beats watching balding bucks no sell everything and make a mockery of professional wrestling with their cosplay wrestling bull####

I wasn't crazy about it either.

I don't think it comes off well at all outside bingo hall types but hey I'm not gonna hate on doing something new. Sure the #### beats watching balding bucks no sell everything and make a mockery of professional wrestling with their cosplay wrestling bull####
If there were any two people to do this type of match, it was Jericho and Gage. They at the very least had purpose enough to keep me watching, even if I find the GCW style not to my taste.

Sasha Banks came back just so Michael Cole can gratify himself by yelling BOSS TIME every 6 seconds. 
And after last night, she’s starting to become the Big Show of the women’s division with all these turns. 

Bray Wyatt was one of the talents that kept me engaged in WWE after I dipped my big toe back in those 5-6 years ago.

Legitimately shocked WTF

As much time off as he's had on and off over the years, I'm wondering if something beyond wrestling is going on with him. Thought his release may come but thought merch might save him if duration of absence was short.

His brother seemed to move on to a life beyond wrestling long ago despite being only like 30.

FWIW the whole wyatt family now has been released from WWE

As much time off as he's had on and off over the years, I'm wondering if something beyond wrestling is going on with him. Thought his release may come but thought merch might save him if duration of advance was short.

His brother seemed to move on to a life beyond wrestling long ago despite being only like 30.
Yeah, I hope everything is ok outside the ring for him. This is stunning news to me; outside of The Shield and the 4 Horsewomen, Bray is another of their most successful developmental talent of that generation.

Insane.

Apart from Roman, that was probably THE biggest and most talked about act they had of that generation since their actual wrestlers don't draw #### anymore. And they planned it all out. Alexa steals his powers, then they toss him off the side of the road like a dirty tampon. They're ruthless.

Craig_MiamiFL said:
WWE has now rid of the 2 guys that had far and away the best themes within the span of a couple months.

Look forward to Lashley and BILL :lmao:
Catching flies...

Man, that was a real experience, Bray's entrance.

coyote5 said:
I see your point to an extent.  But pretty silly to use some of the best wrestlers in the history of the business as a comparison.  Let me know the next time Gage wrestles a 60 min broadway.  But noone's doing that these days, so that's as bad a comparison as putting Gage in a category with those guys.
No I was more so saying comparing styles not actually wrestlers. 

Craig_MiamiFL said:
As much time off as he's had on and off over the years, I'm wondering if something beyond wrestling is going on with him. Thought his release may come but thought merch might save him if duration of absence was short.

FWIW the whole wyatt family now has been released from WWE
Bray was a name I heard a few sources mention during the initial releases back in April/May if you remember me saying. He's had a hot/cold relationship with Vince and Nick Khan is being granted a lot of power on budget cuts

If they're releasing a top merch mover like Bray due to "budget cuts" literally everyone on that roster should be fearful for their job.

I think there's more to the story 👍

Mainstream reporter claims WWE pitched AEW - Dominos story to them

In general, the whole thing just felt strange, especially when you factor in WWE’s past attempts to brand AEW (and previously WCW) as excessively violent, their long history of of planting stories, and the like. On Friday, Dave Meltzer strongly implied in the newest Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscribers-only link) that WWE had planted the story, with Rich Kraetsch and Joe Lanza’s Voices of Wrestling Twitter account outright saying that WWE had tried to do so. (A spokesperson for WarnerMedia, asked Friday afternoon about the larger controversy and simmering rumors about WWE involvement, respectfully declined comment.)

There does appear to be something to this: According to a screenshot shared with Babyface v. Heel, a reporter from a mainstream publication, in reaching out about the story, explicitly said that WWE had contacted them about writing a article on the Domino’s/AEW situation. (As a condition of being able to get the screenshot in the first place, I did agree to withhold identifying information about the reporter who sent the message, who does not specialize in professional wrestling coverage.) This comes in spite of the usual insistence on Thursday’s WWE investor call that AEW is not their competition, using the company’s default line that everything is their competition.
AEW topped 1 million viewers for the third week in a row, but "people are turned off".  :rolleyes:

If they're releasing a top merch mover like Bray due to "budget cuts" literally everyone on that roster should be fearful for their job.

I think there's more to the story 👍
Word is a lot of vets are feeling uneasy about this now. If Bray is cut many feel their job isn't safe. Karl Anderson tweeted a lot of guys still unhappy in WWE. 

Sounds like something the spiteful McMahon family would do. 

Pretty hilarious too that WWE would want another company outed as being too violent when one of their famous matches ever featured a guy being thrown off the top of a cage and through a table. 
Or the time that same guy was nailed defenseless in the head 11 times with a steel folding chair (by the now biggest actor in the world).

Or the time...

Or that one time...

ETA: ORRRR for a more modern example

How about the time, oh....idk THEY SET A HUMAN BEING ON FIRE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING IN A BLATANT MURDER

What do the following wrestlers have in common?

Matt Hardy -- Big Show -- Mark Henry -- Christian Cage -- Bray Wyatt

No, they weren't WWE releases, you silly goose.

Their last appearances in the E were with Randy Orton...apparently "The Contract Killer".

Now word that Adam Cole's contract is up after SummerSlam and he is not in a hurry to resign another one with WWE. This is one of the craziest 6 weeks period ever when it just comes to Talent Relations. 

You need a "third man" to go with Punk and Danielson? Can't think of a better one.

Good reaction I saw to Adam Cole rumors:

"You can make up the money signing him with 3 shirts:

{Adam Cole, AEW, DMD} BAYBAY"

WWE releases Ric Flair, whose workrate isn't what it use to be.

Vince is going to have Cena beat Reigns just to get to number 17, to rub it in Ric's face. Then have him hot potato the title 5 more times just in case Flair wants to hang his hat on 21 total reigns. #everyMarkonTwitter

Vince is going to have Cena beat Reigns just to get to number 17, to rub it in Ric's face. Then have him hot potato the title 5 more times just in case Flair wants to hang his hat on 21 total reigns. #everyMarkonTwitter
I will riot if that happens.

Flair asked for his release but at the same time Vince and WWE wanted to give Cena the strap again prior to this to get to 17 

Now word that Adam Cole's contract is up after SummerSlam and he is not in a hurry to resign another one with WWE. This is one of the craziest 6 weeks period ever when it just comes to Talent Relations. 

You need a "third man" to go with Punk and Danielson? Can't think of a better one.
Yeah I saw that late last night. Before he became a total right wing nut Brad Sheppard was emphatic to people that Cole extended to like 2023. Guess he was wrong again 

Wrestlinginc has learned Bray Wyatts GF JOJO Offerman was quietly let go by WWE last year. 

Also the whole Rotunda family in 1 yr was future endeavored by WWE. 

Honestly I hope Bray and Bo end up somewhere together and team. Would be cool if they got Bruan and Red Beard and formed a new Wyatt Family in the Indies. 

Evil Uno joked that Bray could be the new Dark Order leader on twitter when Wyatt was released Saturday 

Bogart said:

This is 100% believable and the way Petty Vinny will go. But Romans the only thing they have going right now. They bury him to Old Man Cena and kill all his momentum, with the upcoming rating spike AEW will be having, things are going to get very tight.

Certainly not as a worker
Flair was on the road so much he made a WWF wrestlers look like stay at home moms.  Ole Anderson allegedly has stated that they put the belt on Flair the first time to get him out of the territory.  Trouble was, in contrast to most champions who asked to have it taken off them, Flair didn't.  He enjoyed the road.

He's not wrong about Gage. Dude has no business being on TV. 

I also think he's right about the Bucks too, but your mileage may vary. A good friend of mine loves them but they're a channel changer for me. 
Don't get me wrong; I'm not a JC hater.  As far as wrestling history goes, he's top notch and has the notes to prove it.

He's also dead right about Gage.  Dude is not a wrestler; he's a glorified human cork fighter.  "Federations" like the one he "wrestles" at are basically fight clubs.  If you have to have your cards in somebody's field so that you don't get raided by the cops (like the one where was "pronounced dead eight time" :rolleyes:  ), it's not - I repeat - NOT wrestling.

Just listened to Cornette's podcast. Man, he tore AEW a new ####### over the Jericho/Gage match.
Dude rips everything about AEW. He then back tracked on his misogynistic comments about Penelope Cruz he's been making about her since the Indy days. He's bitter now because he's now banned from AEW events 

Users who are viewing this thread