What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (8 Viewers)

I want whatever you are smoking

@Thunderlips is correct. WWE has fundamentally ruined the art form of professional wrestling with 50/50 booking, lack of jobbers, lack of stables and lack of tag teams that they don't break up just as soon as they get hot.

Lashley vs. Drew five shows in a row is boring. But you give me one guy a week coming out and crushing a jobber, getting all of their move set in, and then taking a mic and talking about how they are going to destroy the other. That plays out for multi weeks to the point that when they do touch, it means something. 

And I hate they have ruined tag team wrestling due to the fact that Vince doesn't see why he has to pay four guys for time on TV that he could get paying two guys.

Thunderlips said:
Nah.  40+ year fan of wrasslin........it's not hard to see what's wrong about the business today.  
I agree with your statement. I was just saying it's hard to see the WWE going in that Direction. From what I heard they are going to bigger guys who have better mic skills not much ring work. 

Bogart said:
@Thunderlips is correct. WWE has fundamentally ruined the art form of professional wrestling with 50/50 booking, lack of jobbers, lack of stables and lack of tag teams that they don't break up just as soon as they get hot.

Lashley vs. Drew five shows in a row is boring. But you give me one guy a week coming out and crushing a jobber, getting all of their move set in, and then taking a mic and talking about how they are going to destroy the other. That plays out for multi weeks to the point that when they do touch, it means something. 

And I hate they have ruined tag team wrestling due to the fact that Vince doesn't see why he has to pay four guys for time on TV that he could get paying two guys.
I was more so saying that's not where WWE is going with the old way. From what I've heard and read it's just bigger guys and mic skills. Nothing about tag teams or anything 

According to reports there's declension among people in WWE. Meltzer reports that Big Johnny, Nick and Vince made all the NXT cuts and Triple H found out while they were happening. Many believe the dynamic is Nick Khan would do business and Hunter would run the wrestling side if something happened to Vince. Those fearing job safety under a hunter regime are going after him blaming him for losing the Wednesday night war etc. 

That and a few other things are being used against Hunter by them. Morale has never been a problem in NXT until now but many now believe their job security isn't as safe as they thought. It was previously reported that the recent mass releases from NXT are part of the brand’s rebranding and the Vince McMahon plans to turn NXT into a developmental ground like Ohio Valley Wrestling. We wonder what will become of Triple H after the recent incidents.

Christian Cage is your New IMPACT WRESTLING WORLD CHAMPION 

Accolades 

- 2X NWA world heavyweight champion

- 2X ECW world champion

- 2X WWE World heavyweight champion

- Now IMPACT World Heavyweight champion 

-Plus multiple WWE/WCW Tag Titles 

I was told Adam Page's absents now and him not being All Out isn't because of Daniel Bryan or Cm Punk. Page and his wife are expecting their first child and the due date is or around the date of the PPV. The storylines the last few weeks were to write Adam off TV for awhile. He's advertised for the Arthur Ashe Grand Slam NYC show, so he should be back then or around that time. AEW still plans Kenny Omega vs Adam Page for the AEW Title still and those plans haven't changed a bit

Bogart said:

It's always amazed me at how ignorant some people are to s### on Russo, because as bad as some of his stuff was, at least he understood these most basic of concepts.

And even if Vince keeled over today, the business is still screwed because most younger wrestlers have been trained to wrestle in the modern style, which has little to nothing to do with storytelling, and is more about high spots to get cheap pops out of the crowd and kicking out of 119 finishers a week.  As great as pro wrestling was way back in the day (old man alert!! I know), it is long gone and it ain't even coming back. Bobby Heenan was dead right. 

While all of that news plus Shinsuke Nakamura winning his second IC title is important, the big news is about Malakai Black. 

Appearing on X-PAC’s podcast, Black revealed that while woes match in the E, he accidentally tore one of his b a l l s  into SEVEN pieces. :shock:  He works the match, goes backstage and passes out twice. They take him to the hospital and doctors give him the option of cutting it off or having it put back together and be out three months. Unlike Ronnie Lott, he chose Option B. 

Last edited by a moderator:
While all of that news plus Shinsuke Nakamura winning his second IC title is important, the big news is about Malakai Black. 

Appearing on X-PAC’s podcast, Black revealed that while woes match in the E, he accidentally tore one of his b a l l s  into SEVEN pieces. :shock:  He works the match, goes backstage and passes out twice. They take him to the hospital and doctors give him the option of cutting it off or having it put back together and be out three months. Unlike Ronnie Lott, he chose Option B. 
One tore his balls, one tore his ###hole.

NICE!

Russo talking about how Nick Khan's made VKM a ton of money via a terrible product:

"Bro, you know what I compare it to? You know when you’re a little kid, you had the lemonade stand. Can you imagine, bro, you’re sitting at the lemonade stand, ‘Lemonade, 10 dollars a cup! 10 dollars a cup!’ And then they give you the cup and the lemonade tastes like warm urine? That’s what’s going on here, bro!"

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

Russo talking about how Nick Khan's made VKM a ton of money via a terrible product:

"Bro, you know what I compare it to? You know when you’re a little kid, you had the lemonade stand. Can you imagine, bro, you’re sitting at the lemonade stand, ‘Lemonade, 10 dollars a cup! 10 dollars a cup!’ And then they give you the cup and the lemonade tastes like warm urine? That’s what’s going on here, bro!"

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:
Are we sure that's a real Russo quote?  Not enough BROs in it.

So when will he make his 1st appearance do you think? 

Well, I think I just answered my question. Better remember to set my DVR

Users who are viewing this thread