What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (7 Viewers)

Anyone catch the Back to the Future reference with Punk telling Cena over the megaphone to turn the music down because it was too loud? :lmao:

Also, how funny was it that Cena got booed pretty loudly and there were many CM Punk chants...despite the fact that they were in Boston, Cena's hometown.

Anyone catch the Back to the Future reference with Punk telling Cena over the megaphone to turn the music down because it was too loud? :lmao: Also, how funny was it that Cena got booed pretty loudly and there were many CM Punk chants...despite the fact that they were in Boston, Cena's hometown.
I was one of them ;) Boston has a pretty big indie wrestling following.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

According to backstage WWE sources, CM Punk mentioning Paul Heyman, Brock Lesnar, and Colt Cabana during his promo on RAW may not have been a coincidence. There are rumors that all three could be returning to WWE.

CM Punk recently asked WWE to hire his good friend Colt Cabana. He also requested that Colt be placed on the main roster. This was a sticking point as to whether Punk would re-sign with the company. As far as CM Punk's future is concerned, WWE's creative team has been told that he's finishing up with the company at the Money in the Bank PPV. Of course, that could change depending on what Punk decides to do. Most backstage feel he's leaving come July 17th. WWE has an offer on the table right now for him to stay.

As of last week, Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar had either made a deal or were at the very least in serious negotiations for a business relationship with WWE. As far as Lesnar is concerned, word is that he will not be returning to TV as a character. Heyman's deal would be similar to Lesnar's. No word on what the busines deal is just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is apropos of nothing, but thought I'd share here. Over the weekend at a little dive bar in Northern Minnesota I was able to go see "Rock'n'Roll Wrestling" - the outfit run by Rock'n'Roll Buck Zumhofe. Buck + 5 other guys combined for six matches including a Battle Royal to end the afternoon. It was campy/schticky fun with the ring set up between a bunch of small cabins. They brought a small PA system and were playing tunes and intros from an ipad.

Buck has actually aged OK but doesn't move well. Maybe 150 people there having a blast. Being there made me want to support 'local' wrestling productions more. They worked hard for their likely small payday and I appreciated it. Was cool seeing an AWA star in person. There was also one guy that had a great look and decent size/athleticism - looks kind of like a smaller 'Rock' actually (Craven Knyte - wrestles in the American Wrestling Federation). He played right into it of course coming out to The Rock's intro and, after winning the Battle Royal, bringing the heel back into the ring for a People's Elbow and a Rock Bottom. Fun Stuff.

Maybe 150 people there having a blast. Being there made me want to support 'local' wrestling productions more. They worked hard for their likely small payday and I appreciated it. Was cool seeing an AWA star in person. There was also one guy that had a great look and decent size/athleticism - looks kind of like a smaller 'Rock' actually (Craven Knyte - wrestles in the American Wrestling Federation). He played right into it of course coming out to The Rock's intro and, after winning the Battle Royal, bringing the heel back into the ring for a People's Elbow and a Rock Bottom. Fun Stuff.
:goodposting: You should support local wrestling. These guys and gals need to learn how to work a crowd, and if you're not there, they won't get better. Plus, it's a great hoot once you get to know some of them kayfabe.

Maybe 150 people there having a blast. Being there made me want to support 'local' wrestling productions more. They worked hard for their likely small payday and I appreciated it. Was cool seeing an AWA star in person. There was also one guy that had a great look and decent size/athleticism - looks kind of like a smaller 'Rock' actually (Craven Knyte - wrestles in the American Wrestling Federation). He played right into it of course coming out to The Rock's intro and, after winning the Battle Royal, bringing the heel back into the ring for a People's Elbow and a Rock Bottom. Fun Stuff.
:goodposting: You should support local wrestling. These guys and gals need to learn how to work a crowd, and if you're not there, they won't get better. Plus, it's a great hoot once you get to know some of them kayfabe.
I think indy wrestling is much more enjoyable than the big leagues (granted, I have a bias) It's sort of a minor league vs. major league. Sure the players may not be a s good as the major leaguers, but they go try to make sure everyone in attendance has a good time.

I think indy wrestling is much more enjoyable than the big leagues (granted, I have a bias) It's sort of a minor league vs. major league. Sure the players may not be a s good as the major leaguers, but they go try to make sure everyone in attendance has a good time.
Have you done some Indy wrestling?

You need a better notebook. Yes, did it for 9 years.

:thumbup: Cool stuff. If I had stuck to my childhood dream I would have been multiple time Intercontinental and U.S. Champion by now.

:thumbup: Cool stuff. If I had stuck to my childhood dream I would have been multiple time Intercontinental and U.S. Champion by now.
That's basically why I did it. I never knew about the indy leagues until a friend got hooked into it(originally as a ring announcer) when he was in college, and then later on became a manager. He invited me to see one of the shows. After seeing that, I decided to live out my childhood fantasy. Didn't intend to do it as long as I did. It just sort of happened. I do regret not starting sooner. I was 25 when I started training.

Here's a little indy wrestling for you: John Rambo loses control of the HoPWF.

Predictions for tonight?

I'll say Cena wins with Vince interference. And that means a heel wins MITB. They've been pushing del rio for a while. Doubtful that truth or Miz or swaggert wins. Give me del rio.

CM PUNK reminds me a lot of RAVEN. Both great workers on the MIC but underutilized in the ring and never elevated to be the face of the Company.

CM PUNK reminds me a lot of RAVEN. Both great workers on the MIC but underutilized in the ring and never elevated to be the face of the Company.
I met RAVEN once while he was with WCW. I was a manager at a restaurant in Chapel Hill and he left Nitro early and came to the restaurant to eat, and he asked for us to turn on Raw. He was a pretty cool guy, laid back.

Predictions for tonight?I'll say Cena wins with Vince interference. And that means a heel wins MITB. They've been pushing del rio for a while. Doubtful that truth or Miz or swaggert wins. Give me del rio.
Punk wins then Del Rio cashes in afterwards.(Vince demands Del Rio to do it.) Cena Vs Del Rio at summer slam.

Predictions for tonight?I'll say Cena wins with Vince interference. And that means a heel wins MITB. They've been pushing del rio for a while. Doubtful that truth or Miz or swaggert wins. Give me del rio.
Punk wins then Del Rio cashes in afterwards.(Vince demands Del Rio to do it.) Cena Vs Del Rio at summer slam.
I think this is spot on. Bonus points if they have Punk beat Cena, than have Vince force the Smackdown MitB winner (my prediction is Cody Rhodes) go out and than he loses. In frustration, Vince forces DelRio (he's a lock to win MitB for Raw) to go out there and somehow DelRio wins. That'd be a fun string of events.

I think this is spot on. Bonus points if they have Punk beat Cena, than have Vince force the Smackdown MitB winner (my prediction is Cody Rhodes) go out and than he loses. In frustration, Vince forces DelRio (he's a lock to win MitB for Raw) to go out there and somehow DelRio wins. That'd be a fun string of events.
:goodposting: :lmao:

This is surreal to watch. I haven't watched wrestling in years but I don't remember a crowd being this into a match..

Vince is sitting on a gold mine here. I hope he has the right ending called.

Gotta give Vince a lot of credit for the finish. It's what you think, then the swerve. Hell of a final match. Big time effort by both guys.

Close.
I had a feeling something like that would happen. Best PPV in a decade.

Very sloppy match in terms of pure execution of moves, but I'll be damned if it wasn't unbelievably entertaining.

And whether or not he has a contract, McMahon made the 100% correct move in booking him to "leave" with as champion.

More publicity from Simmons, GQ, etc.

So, I guess the play is, Punk is "no longer" with the WWE, but shows up in the RAW crowd with the belt. Taunts Vince for a few weeks until Summerslam.

I'm not knocking the guys that are still into it but 10 years ago, Cena and Punk would be guys fighting to get scraps for even the hardcore title and not be the main events. Its come a long way down, IMO but to each their own.

A decade ago

Today

I'm not knocking the guys that are still into it but 10 years ago, Cena and Punk would be guys fighting to get scraps for even the hardcore title and not be the main events. Its come a long way down, IMO but to each there own.

A decade ago

Today
:goodposting: I was channel surfing last Monday looking for something on and I came across wrestling and flipped to it. It was the 'main event' segment of the show with the contract thing. With Mondays being so slow in the summer, a great segment could have sucked me in this week for a full try but that was some awful crap. I can't believe that was the current Monday Night Raw main event segment before a pay per view and that chump is a main attraction.

Users who are viewing this thread