Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

Mizdow HAS to eliminate The Miz just based on the setup over the last few months where he is being cheered moreso than the Miz. I think it is time for the body double to go on his own - although his schtick as the body double still cracks me up occasionally. So nonsensical.

• Replies 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJackson10

• Tom Servo

• Craig_MiamiFL

• Bogart

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to get on the road...     to Wrestlemania! I don't have exceptional seats, but I'll take a lot of pictures to share.

My 9 year said he would have liked Nakamura's intro if he didn't have that stupid violin player    but then I hit him with a Kinshasa and he piped down

BAYLEY to belly....big difference guy. 

Mizdow HAS to eliminate The Miz just based on the setup over the last few months where he is being cheered moreso than the Miz. I think it is time for the body double to go on his own - although his schtick as the body double still cracks me up occasionally. So nonsensical.

I think most people are hoping Miz gets eliminated and Mizdow eliminates himself in spectacular fashion.

• Like 3

I think most people are hoping Miz gets eliminated and Mizdow eliminates himself in spectacular fashion.

I'm not sure which of these I'd vote for - both are great ideas.

Mizdow can go on his own another time, the Rumble is his chance to shine.

His elimination could overshadow Kofi's yearly balancing act.

Mizdow throws Miz over and then stops for a few seconds and goes over the top imitating Miz going out.
  • Like 1

Mizdow throws Miz over and then stops for a few seconds and goes over the top imitating Miz going out.

So much win. The fans would eat that up.

So much win. The fans would eat that up.

Damn, that's too good not too happen. Going to have to remove him from my top-4 list.

So I'm in a RR pool. And need to predict the final four survivors in order. These are the current entrants per WWE website. There's a lot more "bigger names" than I thought. The only two I'm pretty sure will be in the final four are Reigns and Bryan. Thoughts or tips?

• Roman Reigns
  • Daniel Bryan
  • United States Champion Rusev
  • Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Dean Ambrose
  • Goldust
  • Stardust
  • Big Show
  • Kane
  • The Miz
  • Damien Mizdow
  • R-Truth
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Ryback
  • Fandango
  • Luke Harper

Brian - Bray - Reigns - R-Truth (just kidding... Big Show)

(remember the HH, Flair, Michaels "picks" makes me think they Bray, Reigns and Bryan were mentioned for a reason)

Nobody picked Reigns, it was Wyatt, Bryan and Ambrose.

I think people are really sleeping on Ziggler here. Storyline wise, I think Ziggler makes the best sense as the winner, as he has a good story against everyone in the title match. He is the ultimate sympathetic underdog against Lesnar. If he faces Rollins, he's the anti-authority guy who got the authority taken out of power at Survivor Series, and was fired for it, so a turn against Cena also makes sense.

I'll go with Ziggler, Bryan, Reigns and a returning Sheamus being the final 4. I like Wyatt and Orton as a feud going forward, since it seems Orton will come back as a face, so I'll say they take each other out. Ambrose gets tossed by Reigns at some point, to help begin to set up a Shield triple threat at Mania. I like Rusev to have the most eliminations, but fall just short of the final 4. If it were final 6, then add him and Ambrose.

Part II of NJPW TV this week is the 4th match between Tanahashi and Okada. It's one of the greatest matches I have ever seen.

If I'm not mistaken Meltzer said next week's episode was the best hour of wrestling TV he's ever seen. Apparently he got to see the episodes early.

Part II of NJPW TV this week is the 4th match between Tanahashi and Okada. It's one of the greatest matches I have ever seen.

If I'm not mistaken Meltzer said next week's episode was the best hour of wrestling TV he's ever seen. Apparently he got to see the episodes early.

They aired two episodes this week and I'm sure Meltzer was referring to the Tanahashi/Okada match.

The match listing for each episode.

January 16

• Tanahashi vs. Okada, Wrestle Kingdom 7

January 23

• Okada vs. Hirooki Goto, 2013 New Japan Cup finals
  • Shinsuke Nakamura/Tomohiro Ishii/Jado vs. Minoru Suzuki/Lance Archer/Taka Michinoku

January 30

• Tanahashi vs. Okada, Invasion Attack 2013

February 6

• Okada vs. Togi Makabe
  • Tanahashi vs. Prince Devitt

February 13

• Okada vs. Prince Devitt
  • Tanahashi/Makabe/Jushin Liger/Captain New Japan vs. Karl Anderson/El Terrible/Tama Tonga/Bad Luck Fale

February 20

• Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi
  • Satoshi Kojima vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
  • Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Karl Anderson

February 27

• Tanahashi vs. Tesuya Naito, G1 Climax finals

March 6

• Nakamura vs. Naomichi Marifuji
  • Naito vs. Yijiro Takahashi

March 13

• Okada vs. Naito, Wrestle Kingdom 8

March 20

• Nakamura vs. Tanahashi, Wrestle Kingdom 8

March 27

• Nakamura vs. Tanahashi, Invasion Attack 2014

April 3

• Okada vs. AJ Styles, Wrestling Dontaku
  • Ibushi vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
  • The Forever Hooligans vs. The Young Bucks

April 10

• Okada vs. AJ Styles, Yokohama Arena
  • Takashi Iizuka/Toru Yano vs. Suzuki/Shelton Benjamin

One of the weirdest pre-Rumbles I can remember. I have really disliked the product over the past 8-10 months, but yet I am weirdly excited about this event tomorrow.

:thumbup:

Justin Gabriel quit this weekend, and they pulled the horrible Los Matadors from the Rumble. Only 17 are advertised so they better have some awesome surprises.

I will be happy if Cena doesn't get the title. Any other scenario is gravy. In my perfect world, Brock is the champ for a big match at Mania, or Rollins walks out tonight with the belt some way.

As a side note, I always enjoyed your yearly Rumble ramblings :stalker::banned::headbang: , complete with each entrant coming in during the PPV.

One of the weirdest pre-Rumbles I can remember. I have really disliked the product over the past 8-10 months, but yet I am weirdly excited about this event tomorrow.

Rumble and Mania are the only 2 events I get any excitement from anymore.

I think that there's quite a bit of doubt with the title match and Rumble itself really helps this particular event out -- as horrible as the product's been. Also coming off a very high note with the ending of last Raw. Best ending RAW segment I can remember in quite some time.

I think that there's quite a bit of doubt with the title match and Rumble itself really helps this particular event out -- as horrible as the product's been. Also coming off a very high note with the ending of last Raw. Best ending RAW segment I can remember in quite some time.

Agreed. That RAW ending felt nostalgic. I think Sting will make an entry to fill the numbers as well as some of the RAW legends just because I don't know how they are going to get a full rumble roster without dipping into NXT. Really excited about the Rumble as well, and I think people will be doing the YES chant when it's over.

Agreed. That RAW ending felt nostalgic. I think Sting will make an entry to fill the numbers as well as some of the RAW legends just because I don't know how they are going to get a full rumble roster without dipping into NXT. Really excited about the Rumble as well, and I think people will be doing the YES chant when it's over.

My guess:

Sting

Orton is a lock

Bo Dallas

RVD

The Dudleys

Hopefully the Honkytonk Man again.... :bag:

Sheamus

Lots of potential

Absolutely no way is Sting wrestling in any form until WM.

Hoping to see a Wyatt family showdown in the Rumble.

I've been pretty sure they weren't going to back off Roman winning, but man he just has been an afterthought lately. Now I'm thinking DB gets the win.

Just read through a bunch of rumours and blogs and I've narrowed my "final four" down to these 5.

Reigns

Bryan

Ziggler

Ambrose

Rusev

Great picks. I think Bryan will be there because I think he will be one of the last to enter the Rumble along with Reigns due to their recent injury. I could see Ziggler going first or second as a way for the Authority to continue to stick it to him and he's in great shape to make a long run, but I think he runs out of gas in the end.

Just read through a bunch of rumours and blogs and I've narrowed my "final four" down to these 5.

Reigns

Bryan

Ziggler

Ambrose

Rusev

Great picks. I think Bryan will be there because I think he will be one of the last to enter the Rumble along with Reigns due to their recent injury. I could see Ziggler going first or second as a way for the Authority to continue to stick it to him and he's in great shape to make a long run, but I think he runs out of gas in the end.

As good a 5 as any.

Is there any way to watch NJPW online? I no longer have cable, so I don't where to begin finding a regular stream of new content from them.

Is there any way to watch NJPW online? I no longer have cable, so I don't where to begin finding a regular stream of new content from them.

There are ways to watch wrestling if you search the right .ch sites.

Reigns

Bryan

Ziggler

Ambrose

Rusev

As good a 5 as any.

I'm thinking they have to have at least 1 heel, so Rusev definitely in. So I'm looking at Bryant, Reigns and Rusev definitely. So that narrows down to Ziggler and Ambrose.

Ziggler has been more prominent in the storylines recently, and it seems the WWE will ride the Bryant/Ambrose thing until WM, so I'll take Ziggler.

Now I need a tiebreaker - who leaves as Champ? I can see it going any way here. There are rumors of a Brock face turn, and also rumors that Rollins will cash in his MITB here.

So when WWE flushed Alberto del Rio down the toilet, he ended up in ROH...wrestling Christopher Daniels.

:mellow:

He's also going to be in the next season of Lucha Underground.

Motivated Alberto del Rio is awesome. We didn't see that the last year or so.

So when WWE flushed Alberto del Rio down the toilet, he ended up in ROH...wrestling Christopher Daniels. :mellow:

He's starting with Lucha Underground in a few weeks.

I saw that.

He did work a good match with Daniels and won by submission. Saw a better move set in that one one ROH match than I did in all of his time in WWE.

So when WWE flushed Alberto del Rio down the toilet, he ended up in ROH...wrestling Christopher Daniels. :mellow:

He's starting with Lucha Underground in a few weeks.

I saw that.

He did work a good match with Daniels and won by submission. Saw a better move set in that one one ROH match than I did in all of his time in WWE.

I really enjoyed the match. Daniels can put on a good show with damn near anyone.

The only legal way is to sign up for New Japan World. I think it's $8.99 or so right now.

So when WWE flushed Alberto del Rio down the toilet, he ended up in ROH...wrestling Christopher Daniels.

:mellow:

He's also going to be in the next season of Lucha Underground.

Motivated Alberto del Rio is awesome. We didn't see that the last year or so.

Heel ADR is awesome.

Also rumors rock and Brock to headline WM now.

That could be awesome, would be a big draw.

People are worried Reigns can't keep up with Brock and you think Rock/Brock would be awesome? Rock gets gassed walking to the ring now. It's been rumoured Vince has wanted that match for ages but HHH is very much against it.

Okay this is a big night for the network--I imagine alot of people (like me) are getting back in for at least the next 3-4 months, it better perform well.

I personally have never had problems, but in the pre-show here I am having hiccups....

Reigns

Bryan

Ziggler

Ambrose

Rusev

As good a 5 as any.

I'm thinking they have to have at least 1 heel, so Rusev definitely in. So I'm looking at Bryant, Reigns and Rusev definitely. So that narrows down to Ziggler and Ambrose.

Ziggler has been more prominent in the storylines recently, and it seems the WWE will ride the Bryant/Ambrose thing until WM, so I'll take Ziggler.

Now I need a tiebreaker - who leaves as Champ? I can see it going any way here. There are rumors of a Brock face turn, and also rumors that Rollins will cash in his MITB here.

FWIW, I subbed in the rock for ziggler. Over 40 people in this pool so I needed to do something dofferent.