What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You Got a No-No Goin (1 Viewer)

This is the beauty of baseball.  Bumgarner and Cueto lose, but Matt Moore going into the 9th with no hits allowed 

And Corey Seager ends it.

Well at least Moore won't have to worry about his arm tomorrow, it'll fall off overnight. 

Rich Hill through 7 perfect.  Puig with an amazing catch... Always seems like there is one spectacular play 

If I were a manager, I would have a hard time pulling a pitcher with a perfect game so far.  Those are special.

I guess he had a pitch count because of his blister issues?  89 pitches and a 5 run lead.  How do you not let him go for it?!  Awful.

This was discussed during a Mets broadcast last week.

A pitcher has a no-hitter in the 9th. Two outs and walks a guy. If the next batter grounds the ball and it hits the runner moving to second, the runner would be out but the batter would be credited with a hit. The game would be over but the no-hitter would be lost. That true?

This was discussed during a Mets broadcast last week.

A pitcher has a no-hitter in the 9th. Two outs and walks a guy. If the next batter grounds the ball and it hits the runner moving to second, the runner would be out but the batter would be credited with a hit. The game would be over but the no-hitter would be lost. That true?
This would be a perfect Francesa call. I'm sure the Pope's seen it happen before. 

dusty baker is his manager
They just said on the radio that Dusty had talked about getting him out early because he went deep the last two outings, but best-laid plans ....

The other problem is that it's only a 1-0 game so he can't just groove a few and hope for the best.

Perfect through 5, but already at 76 pitches. Since Verlander's a 'me first' guy, his arm will fall off before he leaves this game

Wat?  Why not always root for a no no unless they are playing your team? 
We have to deliver a tee...which requires a new contract...and the effort at least in this case <> $...and on a weekend just makes it worse...holiday weekend even worse...I have a No Hitter App on my phone that wakes me up...I swear the last 5 have been on Fri or Sat...Appreciate that when you buy your next Verlander no-no tee!  (Or I'll send you a free one.)

Users who are viewing this thread