What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You Got a No-No Goin (2 Viewers)

Done deal! Despite a rope to the track!

Man, no matter what else happens in baseball whether it's salary complaints or steroids or whatever...no-hitters are ALWAYS awesome

Edit: Wow, just re-read that and it kinda makes no sense. What I'm saying is, MLB certainly has its faults. But regardless of what else is happening in the sport, if you can't enjoy a no-hitter you're a dumb

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it only 3/5ths of a no hitter if it comes against the Twins?

Great job, real nice moment with the family as much as Jeff weaver broke my heart/pissed me off

Is it only 3/5ths of a no hitter if it comes against the Twins?Great job, real nice moment with the family as much as Jeff weaver broke my heart/pissed me off
Weaver is such a punk. Mauer couldn't get a hit this game?

holy crap, Minnesota is really horrible
:goodposting:
Jered Weaver is a pretty good pitcher.
Weaver's a fantastic pitcher, but there aren't many teams that would get no-hit on a steady dose of 87 MPH heaters up in the zone. Apparently, Weaver only topped 90 once last night. Getting the high strike called all night helped, but it's also nice when opponent is lacking in guys that can put a mistake pitch in the seats. There's always a degree of luck in a no-hitter. Seeing the Twins step into the batter's box must feel like a nice stroke of luck for a good MLB pitcher.

Weaver's a fantastic pitcher, but there aren't many teams that would get no-hit on a steady dose of 87 MPH heaters up in the zone. Apparently, Weaver only topped 90 once last night. Getting the high strike called all night helped, but it's also nice when opponent is lacking in guys that can put a mistake pitch in the seats. There's always a degree of luck in a no-hitter. Seeing the Twins step into the batter's box must feel like a nice stroke of luck for a good MLB pitcher.
Keyword is 'pitcher'. Guy just knows how to do it. Lots and lots of 1-2 count pitches came in the eye high last night. He simply knows to, and is not afraid to, 'waste' a pitch just to open up the area a batter has to pay attention to. It's very likely that he's becoming the best RHP since Maddux when it comes to not having over-powering stuff and just purely pitching.

Keyword is 'pitcher'. Guy just knows how to do it. Lots and lots of 1-2 count pitches came in the eye high last night. He simply knows to, and is not afraid to, 'waste' a pitch just to open up the area a batter has to pay attention to. It's very likely that he's becoming the best RHP since Maddux when it comes to not having over-powering stuff and just purely pitching.
You don't need high-90s stuff when you have several good pitches and command them all. His deceptive delivery and movement on his pitches makes great velocity unnecessary. That being said, I think Weaver can gear up the heater when/if he needs to.

Ok so it's WAY early, but James McDonald looking filthy through four. Nine K's already
10 K's and no hits through fiveETA: Crazy catch by McCutchen for the first out of last inning, juggled the ball to himself and hauled it in before it hit the wall

'Michael Brown said:
'Michael Brown said:
Ok so it's WAY early, but James McDonald looking filthy through four. Nine K's already
10 K's and no hits through fiveETA: Crazy catch by McCutchen for the first out of last inning, juggled the ball to himself and hauled it in before it hit the wall
Nevermind, that got dumb in a hurry

Jarrod Parker through 7 in Oakland vs tejasThis would be unlikely. And impressive
Embarrasing for the Rangers. Not sure that Oakland scored 10 runs last week and have been shut out 11 times. the rangers have not been shut out this season and only have a couple of games with less than 5 hits. I would have my family homeless betting that 10-0 no hitter between the As and Rangers would have gone Texas way.

Mariners have no-hit LAD through 8 now. Almost blew it in 8th. Pryor walked first two he faced and Dodgers used a sac to move runners over, but bottom of the order couldn't get a run in.

:lmao:

Loved the incredibly awkward moment when Montero jumped into Wilhelmsen's arms after the final out.

Wilhelmsen was all ... "dude, settle down. I pitched one inning."

Dodgers were setup for something like this......playing in Philly then flying to Seattle the next day .

Wow thats not far removed from the Wise Catch for best catch in a POTENTIAL nono, Blanco wow!

You get a grab like that and you start thinking!

Users who are viewing this thread