What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (3 Viewers)

Mark Ingram rushed 10 times for 28 yards in Week 13 against the Cowboys.

Ingram wasn't involved in the pass game, coming off the field for Ty Montgomery and finishing with negative yards on his only catch. The Saints featured Taysom Hill on designed runs and played from behind the entire game, leaving Ingram without much of a role. This will likely be his last week as the Saints' starter with Alvin Kamara (knee) likely returning in Week 14. With Hill at quarterback and his touches set to decline, Ingram will be no better than a low-end RB3 for Week 14 against the Jets.

Dec 3, 2021, 12:25 AM ET

Was all set to start him last night. Trade deadline was yesterday. 10 minutes before kickoff I packed him and other to the Kamara owner to acquire D. Montgomery (who has a nice playoff schedule).

Needless to say, the new Ingram owner is not at all happy with me.

Was all set to start him last night. Trade deadline was yesterday. 10 minutes before kickoff I packed him and other to the Kamara owner to acquire D. Montgomery (who has a nice playoff schedule).

Needless to say, the new Ingram owner is not at all happy with me.
Did you force the new Ingram owner to hit "accept"?.........lol.......there was NO REASON Ingram should have been this awful.

Two 4 packs of new england double IPAs from Trillium pushed him over the edge...
Wait, Ingram was DRUNK? LOL

or

You GOT this guy drunk to make the trade? Or He make the trade and THEN got drunk watching Ingram slide into 4 points on his face?

So many optoins... haha

What's the read on the Saints' backfield strategy this week vs the Jets?

Payton had a terrible game plan last week and kept Ingram off the field way too much. Is Ingram still dealing with a nagging injury? 

RBs vs Jets are basically must-starts (see Sanders last week) but if Payton could overthink this, get cute and have a horrible game plan. 

What's the read on the Saints' backfield strategy this week vs the Jets?

Payton had a terrible game plan last week and kept Ingram off the field way too much. Is Ingram still dealing with a nagging injury? 

RBs vs Jets are basically must-starts (see Sanders last week) but if Payton could overthink this, get cute and have a horrible game plan. 
Ingram is usless with Kamara healthy. They will check down to Kamara when they can but Hill running kills checkdowns. I have no interest in part time between the tackles breather backs. 

Ingram is usless with Kamara healthy. They will check down to Kamara when they can but Hill running kills checkdowns. I have no interest in part time between the tackles breather backs. 
True, but I haven't seen where Kamara is playing this week. Probably get an update on that later. If Kamara's still out, Ingram has at least one more week of viability. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Mark Ingram (knee) is not expected to play in Week 17 against the Panthers.

Rapoport noted that Ingram made progress with injury but is unlikely to play this week. He noted that Tony Jones would assume Ingram's role. Alvin Kamara also figures to get a slight bump from Ingram's absence. Kamara remains on the RB1 borderline while Jones can be left off fantasy rosters. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jan 2, 2022, 11:49 AM ET

@shader - gonna need a thread title rename

Mark Ingram rushed four times for 22 yards in the Saints' Week 1 win over the Falcons, adding a one-yard reception.

Ingram also lost a "ridiculously soft" fumble, making for an inauspicious day in the Saints' comeback win on the road. Ingram was Alvin Kamara's clear-cut backup, though it was Taysom Hill who did a better job of changing the rushing pace. Frankly not an adequate No. 2 back in 2022, it will be interesting to see if Ingram ends up jumped by someone else, perhaps someone not even on the roster right now. Ingram lacks standalone value in 12-team re-draft leagues.

- NBCSportsEDGE

The last time we saw Latavius Murray on an NFL field was Week 18 of 2021, when he put up 16-150-1, which extended his streak of having at least one 100 yard rushing game in all 8 of his seasons.

Only has 12 overall but still....

He's on the practice squad, might get elevated this weekend.

PSA: I am not advocating you add him.

NewOrleans.football's Mike Triplett believes Mark Ingram (ankle) will split carries with Tony Jones in Week 2.​

"Normally I I’d recommend Mark Ingram as a strong fantasy play with Alvin Kamara out" with a rib injury, Triplett said. "But this week I think Ingram is a risky fantasy option since he was limited by his own injury all week and Saints are facing Tampa Bay’s stout run D." Ingram, Triplett said, could split the backfield workload with Tony Jones, who was miserable in spot starts last year. Ingram, 32, saw 20 targets in three 2021 starts. Continued pass-game usage could give him something of a PPR floor against Tampa. Ingram profiles as a RB3 play with Kamara sidelined.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Mike Triplett on Twitter
Sep 18, 2022, 9:58 AM ET

Mark Ingram rushed five times for 18 yards and a touchdown in the Saints' Week 3 loss to the Panthers.

Ingram was strictly a backup in this game but was fortunate to sub in for Alvin Kamara in the red zone. He punched in the Saints' first score of the day from five yards out. Ingram is only worth holding onto as an insurance policy on Kamara.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Saints declared Alvin Kamara inactive for Week 4 against the Vikings.

Also inactive for the Saints are QB Jameis Winston, WR Michael Thomas, RB Tony Jones, OL Andrus Peat, S Marcus Maye, and TE Nick Vannett. Thomas and Winston were ruled out Saturday, but Kamara's absence comes as a surprise. All reports had him progressing well in practice with the expectation being he would be active for this game. With Kamara and Jones out, Mark Ingram should handle the bulk of the backfield touches for New Orleans. Ingram ranks as a solid RB2 option this week.

Oct 2, 2022, 8:07 AM ET

Given Kamara is out, is Ingram a better play than AJ Dillon this week?
That would be a tough call. Dillon is a solid RB #2 play. Ingram perhaps a Flex play depending upon rosters. As a Kamara owner I would have to drop a decent player for perhaps a tad more upside than Breece Hall and Rhamondre Stevenson, who now get the start on my hurting team. Ingram prolly comes in around RB #30 this week? My other guys around #30-35. And then game script comes into play. How long will they chug away with Ingram and yes Ingram will see close red zone TD potential. I still like AJ Dillon > Ingram.

Mark Ingram rushed nine times for 46 yards in New Orleans' Week 6 loss to the Bengals, adding an 11-yard catch on two targets.

He looked good, taking a pair of carries for 12 and 14 yards with some burst. But with Taysom Hill continuing to be a driving force of instability in the New Orleans' run game, it's hard to trust Ingram to do much in fantasy leagues. He's a low-end RB3 for now.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Mark Ingram rushed seven times for 27 yards in the Saints' Week 13 loss to the Buccaneers, catching all five targets for an additional 22 yards.​

Ingram appeared to aggravate a right knee injury in the fourth quarter before returning to the game on the following possession, only to stay on one knee on the sideline after his final catch of the game. Further updates on his status are expected this week as the Saints head to their Week 14 bye.
Dec 6, 2022, 12:17 AM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Mark Ingram (knee) is likely out for the season.​

Ingram played in obvious pain during Monday night's gutting loss to the Bucs, for some reason functioning as the Saints' lead back for much of the contest. His recovery window would be about six weeks, meaning he won't play again with the Saints all but out of playoff contention once again. Alvin Kamara should resume a bigger pass-catching role with Ingram sidelined.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Dec 7, 2022, 12:28 PM ET

It was a good run for Mr. Ingram... took a real beating in the Shark pool early on, then turned into a steady producer, had some nice spot duty in recent years.

Happy trails to a truly funny guy.

Users who are viewing this thread