Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Mark Ingram

Man, if you guys are flat out dropping him I guess I feel good about getting Jennings for him. I dont think his value has dropped that far yet.

Jennings, as in Greg? I think I would feel pretty good to get that in return as well...Anyway, I too am forced to start him this week with byes and injuries. If he can't get it done this week in a game they should be up in and against a hapless Colts run D then he may not be worth much this season.
Wasnt trying to make it sound like I got him straight up, but yes (Jennings/Gresham for Ingram/Decker/Hightower, I had no TE on my roster and WW guys are bad).I dont see why people feeling "forced" to start him think thats a terrible position to be in. He's got a good matchup, and as someone said a few posts ago, he's put up double digit points 3 of the last 4 weeks. He will be in 1 of my 2 flexes on the team I still have him on. Edited by Kenny Powers

I have to start him this week as well. I actually have to start both Ingram and Sproles, so this is likely the week that Thomas gets it going.

At least he is scoring touchdowns and seems to be the goal line option for the Saints. I keep waiting for his coming out party. I don't think the Colts defense is strong enough to slow down Brees and the Saints, and am hoping that the pass game will open some running lanes for Ingram. I had been taking a wait and see approach, but due to bye weeks, this guys is starting.

I'm still starting him over the Waiver wire flavors of the week (Battle, Murray, Choice, Morris, Hardesty) He's still getting the touches, you have to think 10 pts is the floor this week.

10 the floor? His floor is much lower. His floor is negative points. Roddy,ck2k have had multiple 5 point games as examples.

I'm still starting him over the Waiver wire flavors of the week (Battle, Murray, Choice, Morris, Hardesty) He's still getting the touches, you have to think 10 pts is the floor this week.

10 points is his ceiling, and that is dependent on getting a TD. His floor is 1-2 points.
Not this week. NO lost last week, they've got a home game on SNF, and the Colts D can't make up for the pressure their pathetic offense puts on them. NO will roll and Ingram will find holes.

It's primetime and the rookie is about to show up big. :popcorn:

Cool story bro.

10 points is his ceiling, and that is dependent on getting a TD. His floor is 1-2 points.
Not this week. NO lost last week, they've got a home game on SNF, and the Colts D can't make up for the pressure their pathetic offense puts on them. NO will roll and Ingram will find holes.

This is what I thought week 1 vs GB so I started him over Felix Jones...It didnt exactly work out right.

I'm forced to start him this week but not sure where you see he's getting his touches unless you're happy with 9 or 10

Cool story bro.

Thanks guy.

This is what I thought week 1 vs GB so I started him over Felix Jones...It didnt exactly work out right.
Wha? Week 1 was not the week to start him. GB's offense almost guaranteed it would be a shoot out. And GB's defense was considered much stronger than Indy's ever was. Playing a Peytonless Indy at home on SNF in week 7 can not be compared to week 1 against GB in Lambeau.

Guest Luke Skywalker

He almost hit 3 YPC this past week, career game so far.Question, what is the lowest YPC for a RB with 200+ carries on a season?Ingram might become a record breaker...for ineptitude.

Dude.I understand disliking a player. I've got a serious hate on for Jermichael Finley myself.But, seriously? You should consider seeking out a professional of some kind.

Which of these guys is worth starting over Ingram? Only Battle I would give another pass, Dallas/Detroit seems like a RBBC and Hardesty plays a tough Seattle Defense.

Wha? Week 1 was not the week to start him. GB's offense almost guaranteed it would be a shoot out. And GB's defense was considered much stronger than Indy's ever was. Playing a Peytonless Indy at home on SNF in week 7 can not be compared to week 1 against GB in Lambeau.
It's been a different excuse every week. High scoring game. Low scoring game. Playing from behind. Playing to protect a lead. The good thing is a broken watch is right twice a day. Hopefully it is this week as I am forced to start him as well (Best/Felix)

He almost hit 3 YPC this past week, career game so far.Question, what is the lowest YPC for a RB with 200+ carries on a season?Ingram might become a record breaker...for ineptitude.

Harold Green, 2.7 ypc on 215 carries in 1993. It is worth noting that he was coming off a Pro Bowl year in 1992 where he rushed for 4.4 ypc. This coincided with a switch from Boomer Esiason to David Klingler at QB. But if you look at only games 1-6 of a season, since 1995 there are a number of rookies who got off to slow starts, including Thomas Jones (2.5 ypc), Tim Hightower (3.0 ypc), Travis Henry (3.1 ypc), Ray Rice (3.2 ypc), Jahvid Best (3.2 ypc), Tiki Barber (3.2 ypc), and Ricky Williams (3.3 ypc).Moral: Don't write someone off based on a small sample size.

Veteran C Olin Kreutz is walking away from the Saints because "he no longer feels passion and doesn't want to just collect paycheck," according to his agent.

It's just as well for the Saints. The 34-year-old appears to be 275 pounds soaking wet this season, and he's been pushed around in the running game. Coach Sean Payton has shown little confidence in the interior O-line in key situations, and Kreutz has been a primary culprit. Turning to Brian De La Puenta should help the ground attack going forward. A six-time Pro Bowler, Kreutz's 14-year NFL career is likely over.

Related: Brian De La Puente

Source: Mike Triplett on Twitter

That can only help Ingram. Good news.

Veteran C Olin Kreutz is walking away from the Saints because "he no longer feels passion and doesn't want to just collect paycheck," according to his agent.It's just as well for the Saints. The 34-year-old appears to be 275 pounds soaking wet this season, and he's been pushed around in the running game. Coach Sean Payton has shown little confidence in the interior O-line in key situations, and Kreutz has been a primary culprit. Turning to Brian De La Puenta should help the ground attack going forward. A six-time Pro Bowler, Kreutz's 14-year NFL career is likely over.Related: Brian De La PuenteSource: Mike Triplett on Twitter That can only help Ingram. Good news.

Wow....actual news. Thx!

I just traded him straight up for Marshawn Lynch, in case anyone was wondering what his value is these days. :shrug:

Good job getting a serviceable RB for this scrub! A few pages ago I got ridiculed for starting Lynch over Ingram. Lynch is definitely the back to have between these two. Edited by GreenNGold

Guest Luke Skywalker

Veteran C Olin Kreutz is walking away from the Saints because "he no longer feels passion and doesn't want to just collect paycheck," according to his agent.It's just as well for the Saints. The 34-year-old appears to be 275 pounds soaking wet this season, and he's been pushed around in the running game. Coach Sean Payton has shown little confidence in the interior O-line in key situations, and Kreutz has been a primary culprit. Turning to Brian De La Puenta should help the ground attack going forward. A six-time Pro Bowler, Kreutz's 14-year NFL career is likely over.Related: Brian De La PuenteSource: Mike Triplett on Twitter That can only help Ingram. Good news.

Wow....actual news. Thx!
De La Puenta has bounced around the league for a few seasons but looks like a pretty solid player. He gets push. Saints run game improved markedly when DLP replaced Kreutz midway through the Texans game.

I just traded him straight up for Marshawn Lynch, in case anyone was wondering what his value is these days. :shrug:

Good job getting a serviceable RB for this scrub! A few pages ago I got ridiculed for starting Lynch over Ingram. Lynch is definitely the back to have between these two.
I'm not sure about that. This news about Kreutz HAS to be a good thing, as I've heard a lot of fans say that De la Puenta should have been starting already. Hears to hoping that Ingram starts to turn it on in the second half of the fantasy season (which is all I was expecting when I drafted him anyways)...

Veteran C Olin Kreutz is walking away from the Saints because "he no longer feels passion and doesn't want to just collect paycheck," according to his agent.

It's just as well for the Saints. The 34-year-old appears to be 275 pounds soaking wet this season, and he's been pushed around in the running game. Coach Sean Payton has shown little confidence in the interior O-line in key situations, and Kreutz has been a primary culprit. Turning to Brian De La Puente should help the ground attack going forward. A six-time Pro Bowler, Kreutz's 14-year NFL career is likely over

Veteran C Olin Kreutz is walking away from the Saints because "he no longer feels passion and doesn't want to just collect paycheck," according to his agent.It's just as well for the Saints. The 34-year-old appears to be 275 pounds soaking wet this season, and he's been pushed around in the running game. Coach Sean Payton has shown little confidence in the interior O-line in key situations, and Kreutz has been a primary culprit. Turning to Brian De La Puente should help the ground attack going forward. A six-time Pro Bowler, Kreutz's 14-year NFL career is likely over

Pete and Repeat we're on a boat...

Not sure if this is logical or if i will be ridiculed or not.... Thinking about starting (DMC is a given) Ingram (RB2) and battle (flex) over Murray, daniel thomas, hardesty. It was so much of a toss up for me that I made my decision to start mark due to the fact that I have work on Sunday and will miss at least up until the start of the second half of the late afternoon games. By starting Ingram I will at least get to watch and root for somebody :rolleyes:

That could work or against you. Take it from a guy who watched Ingram get stuffed at the end of the GB game in week 1.

I think Thomas is the only guy I would consider starting over Ingram. With Bush potentially likely being limited with a groin injury, Thomas will get the majority of carries. And as much as it stands to reason that the Saints will be up and run a lot on the Colts, the same could have been said for the TB game, and we know how that turned out. Ingram got a TD, but not much else. I'll take the more guaranteed workload over the higher TD potential for this week.

By starting Ingram I will at least get to watch and root for somebody :rolleyes:

you must be a fan of horror movies, because that is what watching Ingram is like.Love how the Ingram lovers keep coming up with excuse after excuse every week and convince themselves to play him only to see him put up clunker after clunker.

By starting Ingram I will at least get to watch and root for somebody :rolleyes:

you must be a fan of horror movies, because that is what watching Ingram is like.Love how the Ingram lovers keep coming up with excuse after excuse every week and convince themselves to play him only to see him put up clunker after clunker.
He's got 3 TDs in a row and ranked #26RB in my non-PPR league. I'm not thrilled about his performance so far, but I've been able to squeak by. I'm anticipating better results as the weeks go by. We'll see.

He's got 3 TDs in a row and ranked #26RB in my non-PPR league. I'm not thrilled about his performance so far, but I've been able to squeak by. I'm anticipating better results as the weeks go by. We'll see.
How does he stack up against John Kuhn?

He's the 25th in my league, 2 points ahead of Steven Jackson :lmao: Need him this week with Gore on a bye. Love the timing, love his chances, love that I'll actually be able to sit down and watch him on SNF.

He's the 25th in my league, 2 points ahead of Steven Jackson :lmao: Need him this week with Gore on a bye. Love the timing, love his chances, love that I'll actually be able to sit down and watch him on SNF.
Being the 25th-30th ranked RB (30th in my league), being barely ahead of guys that have missed multiple weeks or had a bye already, while Ingram has played every game is not exactly something I would be excited about. Denarious Moore had a TD for 3 weeks in a row too. Start with confidence? Edited by GreenNGold

Being the 25th-30th ranked RB (30th in my league), being barely ahead of guys that have missed multiple weeks or had a bye already, while Ingram has played every game is not exactly something I would be excited about. Denarious Moore had a TD for 3 weeks in a row too. Start with confidence?
At 25th in my league he's a solid backup/bye filler, with upside for the future. He's filling my bye this week and has a pretty good matchup. I think it is exciting because he's going to have a good week.

In my leagues he's put up about 10 points three out of the last four weeks...that's fine RB3 production, RB2 if you're in a pinch.

Since everyone is throwing it out there, in my PPR league Ingram is #31. Just ahead of #32 Pierre Thomas. Sad.

Well he is, you know, a rookie who had very limited offseason work. Even the people who pimped him the hardest said his second half of the season would exceed the first. But as usual, most people here lack patience and freak out when he isn't a stud from day 1. It's silly

Since everyone is throwing it out there, in my PPR league Ingram is #31. Just ahead of #32 Pierre Thomas. Sad.

Well he is, you know, a rookie who had very limited offseason work. Even the people who pimped him the hardest said his second half of the season would exceed the first. But as usual, most people here lack patience and freak out when he isn't a stud from day 1. It's silly
What's going to change for him? Is he finally going to see a cut back lane he hasn't seen in his first 71 carries?Ingram has had 9 carries or more in all 6 games. Only 1 game over a 3.6 yard average and only 3 games(half) over a 3.2.He just isn't THAT good.

What's going to change for him? Is he finally going to see a cut back lane he hasn't seen in his first 71 carries?Ingram has had 9 carries or more in all 6 games. Only 1 game over a 3.6 yard average and only 3 games(half) over a 3.2.He just isn't THAT good.
We'll see

We'll see
You argue that people lack patience with him and are freaking out.Yet when asked what's going to change? You reply "we'll see."Good response :rolleyes:

Guest Luke Skywalker

You argue that people lack patience with him and are freaking out.Yet when asked what's going to change? You reply "we'll see."Good response :rolleyes:

OK, I'll bite.For one thing, he's a rookie. Lots of rookies don't tear it up from the start. For another, the Saints' run blocking has been atrocious and is sure to improve with Kreutz gone. I'm not a big Ingram lover, but if you can't see there is room for improvement on his part, you're just an idiot.

We'll see
The reasons have been brought up multiple times in this thread, you just seem to be ignoring or dismissing them.Kruetz no longer the starting centerIngram gets more adjusted to the NFL game as he has more than 6 games of experienceSporles role gets reduced a bit as the season progressesYou are arguing stats when I don't think stats are the correct thing to be looking at, so we will never see eye to eye on this. My eyes tell me Ingram has all the tools to be a top 10 RB in this league, and that it is only a matter of time before that happens.If we dismissed all of the RB's who had pedestrian starts to their career in their first 6 games then we would be excluding a very large and talented pool of RB's.